Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Spider Weight Change?


  • Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Jeffyr11

Jeffyr11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22462
  • Joined: 12/05/2006
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

I purchased a Black Spider at the beginning of the year and put 6 gram weights into it.  I wanted to try the softer face and decided to pick up the red.  When I went to change the weights out my tool is larger than the ones in the Red Spider.  

Does anyone know if the other will still work if I find a smaller tool to pull them out?

IMG_2699.JPG

Edited by Jeffyr11, 16 June 2017 - 06:54 AM.

Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 60 TX
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
Titleist 818 h2 19* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 90 X
Titleist 716 TMB (4,5) w/ Kuro Kage Proto 100 X / Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist 718 AP2 (6-9) w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey 46* 50* 54* 58* w/ DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 ZBUCK

ZBUCK

    Ghost

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320031
  • Joined: 06/10/2014
  • Location:NJ/NY
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 607

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:30 PM

View PostJeffyr11, on 15 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I purchased a Black Spider at the beginning of the year and put 6 gram weights into it.  I wanted to try the softer face and decided to pick up the red.  When I went to change the weights out my tool is larger than the ones in the Red Spider.  

Does anyone know if the other will still work if I find a smaller tool to pull them out?

Does your red spider have silver or black "weights"?
Instagram: @z.buck

Callaway GBB Epic - 10.5° / Kiyoshi Purple 65 X
Titleist 915F - 21° / AD DJ 7 X
Srixon Z745 - 4-PW / DG Tour Issue S400
Vokey SM6 - 50°F, 55°S, 60°M (TVD) / KBS 610 S+
Scotty Cameron Futura X5R

2

#3 Jeffyr11

Jeffyr11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22462
  • Joined: 12/05/2006
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 June 2017 - 02:36 PM

View PostZBUCK, on 15 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 15 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I purchased a Black Spider at the beginning of the year and put 6 gram weights into it.  I wanted to try the softer face and decided to pick up the red.  When I went to change the weights out my tool is larger than the ones in the Red Spider.  

Does anyone know if the other will still work if I find a smaller tool to pull them out?

Does your red spider have silver or black "weights"?
Silver
Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 60 TX
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
Titleist 818 h2 19* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 90 X
Titleist 716 TMB (4,5) w/ Kuro Kage Proto 100 X / Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist 718 AP2 (6-9) w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey 46* 50* 54* 58* w/ DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport 2

3

#4 ZBUCK

ZBUCK

    Ghost

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,013 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320031
  • Joined: 06/10/2014
  • Location:NJ/NY
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 607

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

View PostJeffyr11, on 15 June 2017 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostZBUCK, on 15 June 2017 - 02:30 PM, said:

View PostJeffyr11, on 15 June 2017 - 02:19 PM, said:

I purchased a Black Spider at the beginning of the year and put 6 gram weights into it.  I wanted to try the softer face and decided to pick up the red.  When I went to change the weights out my tool is larger than the ones in the Red Spider.  

Does anyone know if the other will still work if I find a smaller tool to pull them out?

Does your red spider have silver or black "weights"?
Silver

That's strange, wasn't trying to be a jerk by putting weights in quotes but just never heard this issue, both the red and black should have the same exact weights in them... if it is larger, you can get a Torx security bit set and one of them should definitely work.
Instagram: @z.buck

Callaway GBB Epic - 10.5° / Kiyoshi Purple 65 X
Titleist 915F - 21° / AD DJ 7 X
Srixon Z745 - 4-PW / DG Tour Issue S400
Vokey SM6 - 50°F, 55°S, 60°M (TVD) / KBS 610 S+
Scotty Cameron Futura X5R

4

#5 Jeffyr11

Jeffyr11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22462
  • Joined: 12/05/2006
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 16 June 2017 - 06:55 AM

Picture has been  added to my first post.

Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 60 TX
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
Titleist 818 h2 19* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 90 X
Titleist 716 TMB (4,5) w/ Kuro Kage Proto 100 X / Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist 718 AP2 (6-9) w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey 46* 50* 54* 58* w/ DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport 2

5

#6 kiwii

kiwii

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 434 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 318275
  • Joined: 06/01/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 17 June 2017 - 02:54 AM

Strange. Did you buy the putter second hand? Might be fake weights from China
'17 M1 460 9.5/ Rogue Silver
XR '14 Pro/ PX LZ
Adams 9031 18°/ Diamana WB
716 AP24-pw/DG AMT S300
'14 TM TP 52/56/60
2014 Squareback/ Lamkin DE + 2 wraps
Ogio Ozone, TM targa tour
Tour Boost 360
TM TP5/ Srixon Zstar XV

6

#7 Jeffyr11

Jeffyr11

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22462
  • Joined: 12/05/2006
  • Location:Denver, CO
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:23 AM

View Postkiwii, on 17 June 2017 - 02:54 AM, said:

Strange. Did you buy the putter second hand? Might be fake weights from China

I purchased from the PGA Superstore.  I tried calling TM on Friday to see if they made a change because of the high demand but was not able to get through.
Taylor Made M2 10.5* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 60 TX
Taylor Made M2 Tour 15* w/ Diamana D+ Limited Edition 80 TX
Titleist 818 h2 19* w/ Tensei Pro CK White 90 X
Titleist 716 TMB (4,5) w/ Kuro Kage Proto 100 X / Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist 718 AP2 (6-9) w/ Project X LZ 6.0
Titleist Vokey 46* 50* 54* 58* w/ DG TI S400
Scotty Cameron 2018 Newport 2

7

#8 Dakeys06

Dakeys06

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448392
  • Joined: 12/08/2016
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Ebay ID:Dakeys06
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:02 PM

Just checked my black spider and it has the same weight design as your black spider. I've never heard of the red spider coming with a different style weight so they should be easily interchangeable with the right size Torx bit

8

#9 Double Mocha Man

Double Mocha Man

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 279 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232183
  • Joined: 02/25/2013
  • Location:Bellingham, WA
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 125

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Just changed the weights in my Spider tour black.  Heavier toward the toe.  I have a tendency to pull putts so I hope this keeps the face open a bit on my stroke.  2 grams in the heel, 10 grams in the toe.
3.0 GHIN Index - trending down

9

#10 nicholasriehl

nicholasriehl

    Nick R.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349357
  • Joined: 11/20/2014
  • Location:United States
  • Handicap:~6.5
  • Ebay ID:nicholasriehl
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 09 March 2018 - 09:34 PM

I've seen in other threads that people were having issues getting the new weights out that come with the Spider Tour putters. They said they used their Cobra wrench to get them out. For some reason some of the weights require the different wrench.

TaylorMade '17 M1 10.5* --- HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 65-6.0
TaylorMade SLDR Mini TP 14* --- Fujikura Motore Speeder 7.3 TS

PING G 17.5* Fairway --- HZRDUS Yellow Handcrafted 75-6.0
PING G400 Crossover 22* --- Aldila NV 2KXV Blue 90-S
Callaway Steelhead XR Pro 5-AW --- Nippon Modus 120-S
PING Eye2 Gorge 56* & 60* --- Nippon Modus 120-S

Murdered Out TaylorMade Ghost Spider Center Shaft

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors