Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tad Moore Putters

88 replies to this topic

#31 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 374619
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:mchug.rober
GolfWRX Likes : 880

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:46 PM

Here is the very rare Mokume Gane Barn Find.

Rob

(You can never tell until you post pics whether you are going to get an ad in the way like here - please click on the images.)

Attached Thumbnails

• Barn Find 1.jpg
  • Barn Find 2.jpg
  • Barn Find 3.jpg
  • Barn Find 4.jpg

Edited by Rob McHugh, 24 June 2017 - 07:56 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

This is a Damascus Barn Find - the milling is insane!

Rob

Attached Thumbnails

• TM Damascus 5.jpg
  • TM Damascus 1.jpg
  • TM Damascus 3.jpg
  • TM Damascus 4.jpg

#33 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:55 PM

Forged4ever, on 16 June 2017 - 01:18 PM, said:

I'm no a Scotty fan boi but would possibly classify myself as a TADpole(WTF?!?��)

I won my first one over at Oakmont, hadn't heard of Tad at the time and asked Bob Ford if he was one of their members as they had a few that designed and built one-offs for certain members(Bob actually used one in his second PGA Championship, and he made the cut so I'm guessing that he made some putts, lol). As Classy as he is, he looked at me like "WTF" and said no, and later told me Tad's story.

Regarding the "Barn Find" issues, I think that Rob lives in the friggin barn����

I love both the TM-6 and Tour Blade.

They all have an incredible feel!

The Very Best with your hunt��

Have a great weekend��
RP

Beautiful sticks Richard and you are 100% correct - my Missus see many more putters arrive and I will be living in 'The Barn' ha ha :-)

Rob

#34 ColinJones

ColinJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 472790
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:colin106
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:12 AM

hi all

I've recently acquired the putter in the images. Can anyone give me any more information on this putter. I own two other TADs (TM1 and Pro 1P) but this new one is in a different league in the way it's made. It has the word 'Character' on the bottom on the putter. Any information would be greatly appreciated.
thanks, Colin

Attached Thumbnails

• td4.jpg
  • tad2.jpg
  • td3.jpg

Edited by ColinJones, 26 June 2017 - 04:41 AM.

#35 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 04:55 AM

The CHARACTER was a line of putters Tad did - he used one as his personal gamer for a time. I am thinking around 2010 but could be wrong. He ground the face smooth before applying the 'washboard face'. They came in various metals including a Carbon / Aluminium combination. I like yours with the floating face, how's she roll? :-)

Rob

#36 ColinJones

ColinJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:29 AM

Rob McHugh, on 26 June 2017 - 04:55 AM, said:

The CHARACTER was a line of putters Tad did - he used one as his personal gamer for a time. I am thinking around 2010 but could be wrong. He ground the face smooth before applying the 'washboard face'. They came in various metals including a Carbon / Aluminium combination. I like yours with the floating face, how's she roll? :-)

Rob
Thanks Rob for the reply and the great info. She is being posted today so I expect I'll be on the greens on Wednesday. I'm hoping I can get along with her. I cant find any other images of  the same type of putter hence the questions. It appears to have a TM4 shape but with a anser style neck. Could be a great combination (I hope)

#37 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323407
GolfWRX Likes : 347

Posted 26 June 2017 - 05:43 AM

Rob

Rob, playing wise, is there any/much difference between the standard "Tour Classic" and the Barn Find version like yours?

I understand the damascus insert etc would make a huge difference, but is a Tour Classic still a nice 8802 style to have?

#38 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:21 AM

ColinJones, on 26 June 2017 - 05:29 AM, said:

Rob
Thanks Rob for the reply and the great info. She is being posted today so I expect I'll be on the greens on Wednesday. I'm hoping I can get along with her. I cant find any other images of  the same type of putter hence the questions. It appears to have a TM4 shape but with a anser style neck. Could be a great combination (I hope)

It looks like a great 'gamer' - look forward to some reports. :-)

Rob

#39 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 06:30 AM

bazinoz, on 26 June 2017 - 05:43 AM, said:

Rob

Rob, playing wise, is there any/much difference between the standard "Tour Classic" and the Barn Find version like yours?

I understand the damascus insert etc would make a huge difference, but is a Tour Classic still a nice 8802 style to have?
Hello Baz,

To be honest, I cannot really tell that much difference in the feel of the inserts, although, while looking great; the Mokume Gane is a little 'clicky', The Tour Classics come in both Anser and 8802 style heads, so I assume you mean the 8802 style with a Copper insert. The Tour Classic with the Copper insert (Tad used 99.9% Copper) is a great gamer and feels like butter. Give them a roll and find something that suits you. To be honest I put headphones on once and without the accompanying sound, they all felt the same to me ha ha - shows how much I know! Keep us in the loop mate. :-)

Rob

Edited by Rob McHugh, 26 June 2017 - 06:30 AM.

#40 bazinoz

bazinoz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 393 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 323407
GolfWRX Likes : 347

Posted 26 June 2017 - 07:10 AM

Rob McHugh, on 26 June 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

Rob

Hello Baz,

To be honest, I cannot really tell that much difference in the feel of the inserts, although, while looking great; the Mokume Gane is a little 'clicky', The Tour Classics come in both Anser and 8802 style heads, so I assume you mean the 8802 style with a Copper insert. The Tour Classic with the Copper insert (Tad used 99.9% Copper) is a great gamer and feels like butter. Give them a roll and find something that suits you. To be honest I put headphones on once and without the accompanying sound, they all felt the same to me ha ha - shows how much I know! Keep us in the loop mate. :-)

Rob

They reckon "feel" is actually much related to sound anyway Rob. That explains the headphones :)

And yeah, I was talking about the 8802 style Tour Classics. There's a few of them on the Bay in US that are a lot more affordable around the $100 mark (plus post). Was thinking maybe going that route as the barn Finds are rare as hens teeth and priced accordingly.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#41 ColinJones

ColinJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 June 2017 - 10:04 AM

Rob McHugh, on 26 June 2017 - 06:21 AM, said:

Rob

Rob

Cheer Rob, quick question which may sound daft; would the stamps on the back of the putter indicate the putter is finished by hand or even hand made (via the miller) and could it have been made by Tad himself. The stamps are a bit of a curiousity. It wont make me putt any better but any info on their relevance would be appreciated.  Colin

#42 defender2803

defender2803

Handicap...it's over 9000!!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443214
  • Handicap:9001
GolfWRX Likes : 223

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:01 AM

MG115, on 26 June 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

i rolled one at the shop couple weeks ago while i was getting my spider "i used to have" fitted to me. honestly i liked it. i've always been a fan of putters with horizontal grooves. had a nice firm feel to it and rolled nicely. they were getting rid of it for like 75bucks i think

What shop? I would grab another for that much.
Wilson D200 Driver Stiff (It was on sale!)
Wilson D200 2H Stiff (It was on sale too!)
Irons Wilson Fg59 3-PW Reg, FG V4 Util 2i
GW Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Black 52* (it was cheap)
SW Wilson Staff FG Tour TC Black 56* (it was cheap)
Putter Tad Moore Pro 1P 34" - (I can actually use this)
QuakeCon - Attendee, Volunteer, or Staff from 2004-present

#43 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 02:43 AM

ColinJones, on 26 June 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Rob

Rob

Cheer Rob, quick question which may sound daft; would the stamps on the back of the putter indicate the putter is finished by hand or even hand made (via the miller) and could it have been made by Tad himself. The stamps are a bit of a curiousity. It wont make me putt any better but any info on their relevance would be appreciated.  Colin

Colin,

Not a daft question at all mate, but I don't think there is a definitive answer. Unlike Bettinardi, Byron or Cameron; Tad has worked with and for any number of OEM's and there are many different stampings and engravings. Tad has also had other makers stamp his putters; at one stage he had a line being stamped by Lamont Mann IIRC. I think I also remember reading on a thread somewhere that Tad had never been able to get the stamping right on the heel of the face and Lamont could for him ha ha. To be perfectly honest though, I am sure there are people that have far more knowledge of Tad's work than I have mate. :-)

Rob

#44 defender2803

defender2803

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:18 PM

MG115, on 27 June 2017 - 08:37 AM, said:

defender2803, on 27 June 2017 - 01:01 AM, said:

MG115, on 26 June 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

i rolled one at the shop couple weeks ago while i was getting my spider "i used to have" fitted to me. honestly i liked it. i've always been a fan of putters with horizontal grooves. had a nice firm feel to it and rolled nicely. they were getting rid of it for like 75bucks i think

What shop? I would grab another for that much.

Bristol Custom Golf, just a local store near me i like to support. gotta support the local shops these days. online is killing the local shops, i might go grab it when my M1 comes in this week.  be a nice putter to put with the other ones that's going into the wall of my golf room i guess you could call it. never know might even throw it in the bag for a round or two

You should go and get it and ask Tad if the red E is his doing. :)

#45 defender2803

defender2803

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:24 AM

bazinoz, on 15 June 2017 - 06:05 PM, said:

Bump - anyone?  Is a Pro TM-15 a decent choice for a Tad Moore? Or are the Maxfli versions more sought after?

And what's the usual going rate? I've seen very wild differences in prices ($100US up to $500US) for what appears to be same or similar putters...

Missed this post and thought I would bash fleaBay turds.

Yes the prices are wild out there. There are a few jack wagons taking $100-$200 clubs and jacking them to $300-$500 and gouging the poor saps who don't realize they can get them for much cheaper. It takes a lot of special bits to make a $500+ putter. As it is you will see wide ranges on Tad's putters all over. Just the way the market gets.

#46 ColinJones

ColinJones

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 July 2017 - 04:17 AM

Rob McHugh, on 28 June 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

ColinJones, on 26 June 2017 - 10:04 AM, said:

Rob

Rob

Colin,

Not a daft question at all mate, but I don't think there is a definitive answer. Unlike Bettinardi, Byron or Cameron; Tad has worked with and for any number of OEM's and there are many different stampings and engravings. Tad has also had other makers stamp his putters; at one stage he had a line being stamped by Lamont Mann IIRC. I think I also remember reading on a thread somewhere that Tad had never been able to get the stamping right on the heel of the face and Lamont could for him ha ha. To be perfectly honest though, I am sure there are people that have far more knowledge of Tad's work than I have mate. :-)

Rob
HI Rob, she's a roller. The floating face feels very different to my TM-1 but also feels great. She's a bit heavier than my TM-1 or Pro 1P which I also quite like. Think I'll enjoy having this one in the bag. Thanks again for the information.

#47 defender2803

defender2803

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 04 July 2017 - 09:23 AM

Picked this off fleaBay. Really like double stamp. Don't know much about it but it rolls like my TM-3 and looks similar. Needs a little cleaning. Checked with Tad to verify it is his but forgot to ask where it came from. :p

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN2918.JPG
  • DSCN2919.JPG
  • DSCN2923.JPG
  • DSCN2924.JPG

#48 Wizzo1

Wizzo1

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467476
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:29 PM

My two Tad Moores. A Maxfli TM3 and a Tour Shorty 1998 First Production. Great putters! I don't think the TM3 has ever been gamed, there isn't a mark on it!

Attached Thumbnails

• 2017-08-01 23.20.26.jpg
  • 2017-08-01 23.19.19.jpg

#49 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290733
GolfWRX Likes : 2879

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:56 AM

One of my Tad's

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0426.JPG

#50 rangersgoalie

rangersgoalie

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290733
GolfWRX Likes : 2879

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:57 AM

Same

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0427.JPG

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#51 gambit

gambit

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,917 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120529
GolfWRX Likes : 849

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:25 PM

Rob McHugh, on 24 June 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Rob

(You can never tell until you post pics whether you are going to get an ad in the way like here - please click on the images.)

Hey Rob...any idea of the headweight for the original Barn Finds? I have one (I think #19...it's been a while since I looked at it). It's a beautiful 8802 that I've played a couple of times, but have since moved on to anser style putters. That insert feels amazing tho.
Ping G400 LST w/ Tensei Orange v3 60TX
Ping G400 3w w/ KK XT 70TX
Titleist 818 H1 19* w/ Tensei Pro White 90X
Titleist 718 T-MB 4i / AP2 5-9 w/ PX 6.0
Vokey SM7 Raw 48F, 52F. 56S, 60M (all bent 1* strong) w/ PX LZ 6.5
Byron Morgan DH89 or 612 or  Epic Day

#52 Forged4ever

Forged4ever

Putting is 98%+ Mental.....

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 14,108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183106
GolfWRX Likes : 24397

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:32 PM

Rob McHugh, on 26 June 2017 - 06:30 AM, said:

Rob

Hello Baz,

Rob
HaHaHa, Bro, I did the very same thing with headphones some time ago because my Teacher was trying to prove and point and without the benefit of auditory feedback, all four putter felt basically the same and while all were 8802 style, three of them were different metals with one having an insert but even the insert putter really "felt" no different.

That's similar to what Mizzy did with Staffers except it was with irons. They were the ones that came up with the cute acronym based on auditory feedback, HIT, i.e., Harmonic Impact Technology.

I hope that you're having a nice season👊

My Best🍻
RP
I Love Her Not For The Way That She Dances With My Angels~
But For The Way That The Sound Of Her Voice Can Silence My Demons....

GHIN: Beefeater 24

#53 majic

majic

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51267
GolfWRX Likes : 1268

Posted 03 August 2017 - 10:31 AM

Just got caught up reading your posts. I am always available for your questions. Here is something new for you Seve lovers. TM2

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4266.JPG

#54 defender2803

defender2803

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 04 August 2017 - 12:03 AM

majic, on 03 August 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

Just got caught up reading your posts. I am always available for your questions. Here is something new for you Seve lovers. TM2
That is really nice. Thinking I need a new TM2. :)

#55 Dscvrr St Louis

Dscvrr St Louis

#CALLAWRX 12/12/12 & HOGAN Ft Worth

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105250
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 1336

Posted 04 August 2017 - 08:40 PM

majic, on 03 August 2017 - 10:31 AM, said:

And it is performing excellent also!!  Thanks for making it for me Tad!!

Leif

Callaway Rogue SZ 8.0(9.0-N/-1), XPHLEXXX Agera Red Stripe Stiff, Veylix Rome 788, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
Callaway Rogue SZ 15 Veylix 888 FM4 Matte Black, VA Composites Raijin 74 04
Callaway BB Alpha 815 Hybrid 20*(Set to 19*)Veylix Rome 988 S
Callaway X Forged 2017/Apex MB 2017 Modus 3 Tour 120 X
Toulon Garage Long Island, Tad Moore Seve TM2(2017), Piretti Potenza Tour Only, Tad Moore TM4(2018), Tad Moore TM7 JV(1992), Ping ZB Vault 2.0
Callaway MD4 54/58 Modus 3 125 Wedge/ Vega 50/54/58 Modus 125 Limited Blue

WITB Link

#56 Shaqtus

Shaqtus

Sauce Boss

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 477622
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 06 August 2017 - 09:59 AM

I found this 1997 1st Production TM-9 Gold Pro Series and this Maxfli TM-4 along with a Maxfli TM-2 but it was partly rusty so I didn't picture. I know the TM-4 might be worth around $40 to someone but I can't find any info on the TM-9. Is it a more limited club?

Attached Thumbnails

• TM-1.jpg
  • TM-2.jpg

Taylormade R7 11.5°  Reax 60 Mid Tip Flex M
Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead 3 RCH 99 Series Light Flex
Bob Toski Strong 5 High Modulus Graphite Mystic
King Cobra SZ Hyper Steel 7 Aldila HM Tour 60
Adams Golf GTX Extreme 2 Iron Set (3-9+P,S) True Temper Mid Flex
C-Ray CER Putter
E-Club Jigger Type 2 Bantam 15° (Just for fun)
Soon to swap out woods with Ping G5 Set, testing Maltby Tricept PFT Driver

#57 Rob McHugh

Rob McHugh

Rob

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 731 posts
  •  

Posted 15 December 2017 - 03:35 AM

gambit, on 02 August 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

Rob McHugh, on 24 June 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

Rob

Hey Rob...any idea of the headweight for the original Barn Finds? I have one (I think #19...it's been a while since I looked at it). It's a beautiful 8802 that I've played a couple of times, but have since moved on to anser style putters. That insert feels amazing tho.
Hello mate,

Sorry I missed this!!

Without pulling the head, my best guess based on feel with other similar putters would be about 325 - 330g.

Hope this helps.

Rob

#58 majic

majic

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51267
GolfWRX Likes : 1268

Posted 15 December 2017 - 09:19 AM

Rob the nominal was 330 buy they vary slightly.

#59 fhsgolfer123

fhsgolfer123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470314
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:05 AM

Tad - huge fan of yours. Have a Pro 1p and a Pro 1ls and just picked up this beauty from the Bay a few weeks ago (after emailing you to confirm it was real - thanks for responding!).

Attached Thumbnails

• Tad1.JPG
  • Tad2.JPG
  • Tad3.JPG
  • Tad5.JPG

#60 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

HOOK 'EM

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,096 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
GolfWRX Likes : 4358

Posted 15 December 2017 - 11:10 AM

I picked up one of these Tad Moore putters earlier this year and I have really enjoyed it. I'll be holding on to this one.

Posted Image

Edited by cvhookem63, 16 December 2017 - 08:53 PM.

WITB Link
TaylorMade Tour Issue M1 440 8.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
NIKE Satin VR Pro 5-9 TI S400
NIKE OVEN Engage 46* or VR Pro PW | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE Custom Copper Insert B2-05 | SCOTTY CAMERON Select Squareback or Pro Platinum Mid Sur 35"/375g

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors