Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 3 votes

Ping G400 Driver, Fairway Woods and Crossovers (Including Bubba's Custom Driver and 3 Wood): Shot at the 2017 U.S. Open

894 replies to this topic

#241 nohny noke

nohny noke

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 165817
GolfWRX Likes : 669

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:11 PM

View PostOnespeed24, on 17 June 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

View Postnohny noke, on 17 June 2017 - 02:13 PM, said:

View PostOnespeed24, on 17 June 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

View PostGolf Ball Wacker Guy, on 17 June 2017 - 12:59 AM, said:

Anyone know what the material is? Curious if getting into the composite game. But doesn't look like it.  I've had all Ping drivers since the G15 except for i25. G has to be the shortest of them all for me. Been a Ping guy since I could swing a club, but hit the Epic and M2 on my home course and it's drastically longer than my Ping. Will wait for details before pulling any triggers though

The G400 is not a composite crown.  Funny that you say "getting into" the composite game like its a new thing.  Most major mfgrs, Ping included, have done the carbon fiber thing in years past and reverted back to ti or something else.  Now that the current flagship Cally and TM drivers have carbon crowns everyone assumes its something special and everyone should "get into" it.  Give it a couple of years and both of those mfgrs will drop carbon fiber in favor of new and innovative titanium crowns.  Its a shell game they play to keep you buying "new" stuff.  

Not sure why you're hitting the Epic or M2 "drastically" further than the G.  Most head to head comparisons have them all within a couple of yards of each other.   The more important factor is where are you hitting your second shot from with each of those clubs?

Cobra is all in on carbon fiber as well.

Why would you say that the manufacturers will be switching back to Ti for the crown?  Carbon fiber can be way lighter, which is what you want in the crown.  Old CF like was used in the Raptures was heavier and there wasn't much adavantage over titanium then.  Different story now.  

I really like PING and I root for them but they are missing the boat on crown materials in my opinion.

I wouldn't call it missing the boat, just taking a different boat.  Not saying Ping won't come out with a CF crown eventually, but right now they don't need to "keep up with the Jones's" to keep up in performance and sales.  

I'm saying the others will switch back after a couple of years because CF won't be new and sexy anymore, and they'll have to figure out a way to make their stuff appealing to keep sales going.  I foresee some new ti alloy compound that is stronger and lighter coming along to displace carbon fiber, and the shell game will continue, while the actual performance will be about the same as it was 10 years ago.   Meanwhile, R&D costs will need to be recouped, and that new technology will now cost you $600 instead of the current $500, while the others are staying at $400, with steady incremental improvements over time.  Somehow Cobra has figured out how to make a composite driver for $350, not sure what they are doing or how they are doing it.  It is curious that they are giving away free FWs or hybrids to get folks to buy their drivers, so take that for what its worth.  Ricky seems to really like his stuff though.  I play an F7 hybrid and its the shiz!  

I'm not knocking CF or any other technology, just saying not all drivers need to be the same to be effective, and overlooking one for the other is just short-sighted.  Carbon fiber is the thing right now, but we shouldn't assume anything not carbon fiber is somehow inferior.

Fair points.  Thanks for elaborating.

I realize that no two swings are alike and so each person has different optimal launch/spin characteristics- I just think that right now carbon fiber seems to be the best material for the driver crown from a purely mass-placement standpoint.  

I mean, the G crown was twice as heavy as the LTD.  12 grams more, which, according to Mr. Wishon would equate to 3-400 MOI points.  Think how awesome the G would have been with that much higher MOI!

But yeah, PING know what they're doing and I'm sure the G400 will sell just like all their clubs have.  And I want them to do well!  Totally dig that they're family-owned.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#242 prost893

prost893

Turbulators

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2758
  • Ebay ID:prost89
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 17 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

View Postnohny noke, on 17 June 2017 - 11:11 PM, said:

Think how awesome the G would have been with that much higher MOI!

There is another web site that has done detailed CG and MOI measurements of driver heads.  The 2016 chart shows that the CG of the Ping G is furthest from the face of any driver of 2016 and had the highest MOI.  There is a limit on MOI and at some point more isn't always better.  Think Nike Sumo SQ2 5900.
PING G30, K15, G25

#243 tbowen19

tbowen19

• 242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232643
  • Ebay ID:tbowen19
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:27 AM

For you guys that have hit the fairway woods and hybrids...how did they compare to the G series? Did they change much? Worth the upgrade?

#244 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

This is just babytown frolics...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,744 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
GolfWRX Likes : 691

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

View Postprost893, on 17 June 2017 - 11:48 PM, said:

There is another web site that has done detailed CG and MOI measurements of driver heads.  The 2016 chart shows that the CG of the Ping G is furthest from the face of any driver of 2016 and had the highest MOI.  There is a limit on MOI and at some point more isn't always better.  Think Nike Sumo SQ2 5900.
People love to hate on that old SQ2, but it did win two majors...
TaylorMade M2 9.5* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei Pro White 60 (S)
Ping G 14.5* w/ Tour 80 (X)
Ping G30 17* w/ Accra Tour Z 85 (X)
Mizuno MP-18 4-PW w/ KBS C-Taper (S)
Mizuno T7 50*, 55*, 60* w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge
Scotty Cameron Circa #3 Mid-Neck Toolbox

#245 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,221 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
GolfWRX Likes : 1887

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

Why is it that manufacturers never tell us how much weight the manufacturing seam of the carbon fiber adds when telling us how light the CF crown is? Shouldn't that be taking into account when comparing it against titanium?

#246 nohny noke

nohny noke

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

View PostPreppySlapCut, on 18 June 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

5900 was the straightest driver I've ever hit.

I'm aware of the diminishing returns on MOI, but can people really say that they wouldn't want 12 extra grams of discretionary weight for PING engineers to put where they want?  

I'm sure it's a production cost thing more than anything else to stay with Ti crowns.

#247 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,346 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
GolfWRX Likes : 2746

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:04 PM

View Postmisplacedtexan83, on 17 June 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

Seen the head in person and it looks amazing.

I love the little copper ascents and if what I was told at the shop is true then the XTorison Copper will be offered as an uncharge at a very reasonable price (cheap compare to others)...

Copper on copper will look killer, IMO!

Damn good shaft so far...

This club will look sick with that shaft!

#248 nohny noke

nohny noke

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

View PostLlortamaisey, on 18 June 2017 - 11:08 AM, said:

Why is it that manufacturers never tell us how much weight the manufacturing seam of the carbon fiber adds when telling us how light the CF crown is? Shouldn't that be taking into account when comparing it against titanium?

Good point.

#249 misplacedtexan83

misplacedtexan83

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,132 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242907
GolfWRX Likes : 7207

Posted 18 June 2017 - 12:37 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 18 June 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

View Postmisplacedtexan83, on 17 June 2017 - 06:10 AM, said:

Seen the head in person and it looks amazing.

I love the little copper ascents and if what I was told at the shop is true then the XTorison Copper will be offered as an uncharge at a very reasonable price (cheap compare to others)...

Copper on copper will look killer, IMO!

Damn good shaft so far...

This club will look sick with that shaft!

Completely agree...

#lookatthebaby

#250 Wooderson

Wooderson

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,644 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5371
  • Handicap:19.5
GolfWRX Likes : 673

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

So the LTD has a lighter crown than the Ping G, but yet can't match it for cg location and MOI?  Man what is wrong with Cobra engineers?

Let me tell you what Wooderson is packin'
Ping G400 with Tour 65 Stiff
Ping G30 3 Wood TFC 419
Wishon 775hs 4 hybrid
Bridgestone J15cb DG Pro s300 5-PW
Mizuno T7 50/56
Ping Eye2 LW
Ping Ketsch

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#251 Onespeed24

Onespeed24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339447
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

View PostWooderson, on 18 June 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

So the LTD has a lighter crown than the Ping G, but yet can't match it for cg location and MOI?  Man what is wrong with Cobra engineers?

Because like Llorta pointed out, the crown may weigh less, but the glue or epoxy and the junction to make the crown stick to the body of the head probably offsets that savings.  Cobra, Cally and TM aren't lying when they say the crown is lighter than ti, their just may not be telling us the whole story.   I say probably because I have no hard data to back this up, but it makes sense that in order to join two dissimilar materials there needs to be a "joining" material, which probably isn't included in the weight of the crown for marketing purposes.  Selective data points for you the consumer.

On a separate note, my G must know I've been looking at other drivers because this morning's round was one of my best driving days this year.  I told my buddies I was looking to try out the new G400 in a few weeks and they were like "Why? You're killing it today with that one!"  Like the old saying goes, I marry my irons but I only date my drivers...

Edited by Onespeed24, 18 June 2017 - 02:26 PM.

Ping G400 10.5*, Alta CB
Ping G30 14.5*, TFC 419
Mizuno JPX-825 3-hybrid, Fujikura Orochi
Mizuno JPX-900 HM 5-PW, UST Recoil 95
Mizuno MP-T5 49*, 56*, C-Taper Lite
Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang
Srixon Q-Star Tour

#252 MJisGOAT

MJisGOAT

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,191 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 264420
GolfWRX Likes : 1646

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

View PostOnespeed24, on 18 June 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Because like Llorta pointed out, the crown may weigh less, but the glue or epoxy and the junction to make the crown stick to the body of the head probably offsets that savings.  Cobra, Cally and TM aren't lying when they say the crown is lighter than ti, their just may not be telling us the whole story.   I say probably because I have no hard data to back this up, but it makes sense that in order to join two dissimilar materials there needs to be a "joining" material, which probably isn't included in the weight of the crown for marketing purposes.  Selective data points for you the consumer.

On a separate note, my G must know I've been looking at other drivers because this morning's round was one of my best driving days this year.  I told my buddies I was looking to try out the new G400 in a few weeks and they were like "Why? You're killing it today with that one!"  Like the old saying goes, I marry my irons but I only date my drivers...

I've had one affair too many, wish I could find ol' faithful.
Cali
TailorMaid
t****
Apex
v
@thereal#7

#253 tbowles411

tbowles411

So Yeon Ryu

• 23,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5397

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:53 PM

View Postnohny noke, on 18 June 2017 - 12:04 PM, said:

5900 was the straightest driver I've ever hit.

I'm aware of the diminishing returns on MOI, but can people really say that they wouldn't want 12 extra grams of discretionary weight for PING engineers to put where they want?  

I'm sure it's a production cost thing more than anything else to stay with Ti crowns.
I vote production costs.  My guess is they're not willing to jack up the price too high to go exotic if they can produce the same or better performance than anything else out there.  I remember the 5900 well.  It was arrow straight.  It just sounded terrible.
PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Sigma G Piper 3
Ball: Titelist DT Trusoft

#254 nohny noke

nohny noke

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:27 PM

I'm not sure why the need to be snarky.  

FWIW, I do think PING probably has better engineers than Cobra.

I'm not sure what you mean by 'matching' a cg location or why that would be desirable.  Each swing is different and will require unique launch/spin characteristics for optimization.  This isn't about the G vs LTD, as neither is inferior.  And I've never said that PING's drivers were inferior, and I've tried to not imply it.

All I'm asking is why PING is still using Ti.  There have been some great responses and I thank the dudes for that.

#255 nohny noke

nohny noke

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 06:32 PM

You two may very well be right.  But I have to believe it's not a total wash between CF crowns including epoxy/structures and an all Ti crown, mostly because the LTD cg location is a lot lower than the G while still decently close in MOI.  I think you'd need some discretionary weight to move around to do that.

Anywho, I'm done with the questions.  

I love the look of the G400 and I hope it does well in the marketplace.  Seems like PING has done something really cool, I think, by shrinking the size of the head while maintaining MOI.  Bravo!

#256 Tzoid

Tzoid

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5124
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:twallermizman
GolfWRX Likes : 177

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

View Postcrazyray, on 12 June 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

Small upcharge on the shafts, but will not dictate or raise the regular retail price

Will be at sellers discretion

Are you saying Ping will join the rest of the industry and offer a variety of shafts for fittings?  I have been using their drivers exclusively for the past 4-5 years and currently play a G with a Aldila Rogue Silver and I'm actually kinda getting tired of paying for a shaft whenever I buy a new Ping driver.
Texan raised in Maryland
ONOFF Kuro 4-PW Nippon Pro Modus 3 Tour 120S
Ping G Driver Aldila Rogue Silver 60
Ping Anser 3 & 5 Wood  G25 Hybrid
Vokey SM6 50, 54 & 58 degree wedges
Scotty Cameron Newport 2
Titleist Pro V-1X

#257 BDoubleG

BDoubleG

Major Winner

• 1,083 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77815
  • Ebay ID:b_double_g
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:58 PM

View PostTzoid, on 18 June 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

View Postcrazyray, on 12 June 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

Small upcharge on the shafts, but will not dictate or raise the regular retail price

Will be at sellers discretion

Are you saying Ping will join the rest of the industry and offer a variety of shafts for fittings?  I have been using their drivers exclusively for the past 4-5 years and currently play a G with a Aldila Rogue Silver and I'm actually kinda getting tired of paying for a shaft whenever I buy a new Ping driver.

+1. I actually really liked the G driver, but I stayed away from it since I don't have the capital of some of the guys here, and I don't want to pay extra just to have a selection of shaft options.
TaylorMade M2 - UST Elements Platinum 6F4T
Titleist 915F - Aldila Rogue Black 80
Srixon Z U65 - Mitsubishi OT 105
Titleist 716 CB 4-P - TT DG AWT S300
Vokey SM6 50.08F, 54.10S, 58.12K - TT DG S200
Scotty Cameron Kombi S

#258 Kenny Lee Puckett

Kenny Lee Puckett

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,042 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379660
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 2240

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:05 PM

PsC,   I can 100% picture Glover. was Cink the other winning that same summer in '09?

Edited by Kenny Lee Puckett, 18 June 2017 - 10:15 PM.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be  video on course practice 5/2016

Ping G LST: PING Tour 80
Ping Anser 4wd: Accra S3-80 RT
PXG 0317 Hybrid: Fujikura 8D07HB

Ping iBlade 4-PW: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
Ping Glide  2.0  50/54/58 SS: DG Tour Issue
Ping Anser F Ti pixel

Ping 703 +3 wraps/Pingman putter grip
Ping Sensor glove/Srixon 2017 Z-Star XV
Ping Hoofer 2016 bag

#259 luckycharms1810

luckycharms1810

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16737
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 19 June 2017 - 04:30 AM

View Postnohny noke, on 18 June 2017 - 06:32 PM, said:

You two may very well be right.  But I have to believe it's not a total wash between CF crowns including epoxy/structures and an all Ti crown, mostly because the LTD cg location is a lot lower than the G while still decently close in MOI.  I think you'd need some discretionary weight to move around to do that.

Anywho, I'm done with the questions.  

I love the look of the G400 and I hope it does well in the marketplace.  Seems like PING has done something really cool, I think, by shrinking the size of the head while maintaining MOI.  Bravo!
Hi. I am just curious. Would a carbon fiber sole be more beneficial to reducing spin? Keep the crown material the same and keep the CG in the same place. I mean when you swap out the soles on the Wilson staff triton the spin automatically reduces. Just a thought

Edited by luckycharms1810, 19 June 2017 - 04:42 AM.

#260 youngunz5840

youngunz5840

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120775
GolfWRX Likes : 315

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

I'll take a crossover 3 iron. The current ones are a beast

Cobra LTD Pro Elements Chrome 6f5t
Taylormade M2 3HL Aldila Rogue Silver 70x
Either Callaway XR 5w S+ 70x or Ping G30 3H
Mizuno JPX 900 Forged 4,5 tour 6-P KBS tour C taper lite X
Nike Engage 50 54 60 with X100 tiger stepped
Nike Method Origin B201 35"

Nike RZN Tour Black Volt

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#261 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250880
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 771

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

There goes my plans of no new toys....
Ping G400 LST Aldila Aldila Tour Blue X
Ping i25 3w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 5w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping iBlades Blue Dot Project X 6.0 5-W (power spec)
Ping Glide 2.0 48/52/56
Ping Tyne
Srixon Z-Star
Bushnell Tour X

#262 Stetson

Stetson

Major Winner

• 2,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
GolfWRX Likes : 417

Posted 20 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

I had made up my mind that when this driver was released I was going to demo it and the Z765, winner goes in my bag. My King LTD Pro didn't like that because it is a whole new club since I told it that he would be going to an intern next month.  Much improved, doing as told. Btw this can apply to your children also, threats always are permanent solutions.
Driver: None
3w: Ping G400 SFT (Xtorsion Copperhead)
3H: Exotics EX10 19* (Recoil 680)
3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Steelfiber 95)
4-P: Bridgestone J40 CB (Steelfiber 110)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
Putter: Ping Nome TR

#263 kcowgolf

kcowgolf

kcowgolf

• 115 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 87839
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:kcowmusic
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:07 AM

Can't wait to try the G400 LS, any news on the release date?

#264 s515_15

s515_15

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471410
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

Just talked to our rep yesterday. Order arrives at the end of July here in Canada. The driver will be the last released until spring 2019. Said there currently is no plans to offer a bubba pink version though I had one presold to a member if they ever do :(

#265 tbowen19

tbowen19

• 242 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:50 AM

Anyone have any additional info about the fairway woods and hybrids? Shaft options? Trying to decide if I should wait or go with the G series?

Edited by tbowen19, 20 June 2017 - 10:52 AM.

#266 tbowles411

tbowles411

So Yeon Ryu

• 23,391 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5624
  • Handicap:Golf
GolfWRX Likes : 5397

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:03 AM

View Posttbowen19, on 20 June 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Anyone have any additional info about the fairway woods and hybrids? Shaft options? Trying to decide if I should wait or go with the G series?
Wait.  PING is almost always on-time with releases.  And you can wait a month....  :)
PING G Driver
PING G Fairway 3 Wood
PING G Hybrids (3, 4)
PING G Irons (5-UW)
PING Glide 2.0 (54SS, 58WS)
PING Sigma G Piper 3
Ball: Titelist DT Trusoft

#267 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

GEAUX GATORS

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250880
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 771

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:45 PM

I would love one in royal blue and bright orange
Ping G400 LST Aldila Aldila Tour Blue X
Ping i25 3w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 5w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping iBlades Blue Dot Project X 6.0 5-W (power spec)
Ping Glide 2.0 48/52/56
Ping Tyne
Srixon Z-Star
Bushnell Tour X

#268 gentles

gentles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,123 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18758
GolfWRX Likes : 165

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:08 AM

View Posts515_15, on 20 June 2017 - 10:32 AM, said:

Just talked to our rep yesterday. Order arrives at the end of July here in Canada. The driver will be the last released until spring 2019. Said there currently is no plans to offer a bubba pink version though I had one presold to a member if they ever do :(

Is that when they are on the shelf or when you can go try them out? I'm itching to try a crossover out!
Cobra Fly-Z+ | Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra F7 3w | Aldila Tour Blue 85x
still searching for a damn hybrid!
Titleist 716 TMB 3 iron | DG AMT S300
Titleist 716 AP2 4-P | DG AMT S300
Ping Glide 52/58 | DG S400
Ping Milled Anser 5

#269 gr00vetech

gr00vetech

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118989
  • Handicap:1.9
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

PING is finally going to change the tip size so many more shaft options will be available for the FW and HYB. I would wait fir sure. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but they made some significant gains in forgiveness and performance in the new G400.

#270 tbowen19

tbowen19

• 242 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 11:42 AM

Awesome, thanks for the info didn't know that!!

View Postgr00vetech, on 21 June 2017 - 11:19 AM, said:

PING is finally going to change the tip size so many more shaft options will be available for the FW and HYB. I would wait fir sure. I don't remember the numbers off the top of my head but they made some significant gains in forgiveness and performance in the new G400.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors