Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

NY Yankees


61 replies to this topic

#1 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:11 AM

Now that hockey is almost over I have started watching baseball again (ok watching the Yankees). I had heard of Aaron Judge but watching him it is very obvious that he is a monster. His first at bat he smoked a home run that had no arc to the ball. It was a frozen rope that made the upper deck in like 2 seconds. They clocked his escape velocity at 119 mph. He is on his way to becoming a legend.

But the really good news is that the Yanks are stacked this year. Another sophmore, Gary Sanchez is also big and flattens the ball when he hits it. And the rest of their lineup all hit the ball all over the yard. And they are young, unlike most past lineups.
And their pitching staff is also stacked. Louis Severino serves up a 98 fastball, which makes his 90 slider un-hittable. Plus  they have Betances and Chapman as closers.

It is really good to see that they are poised to dominate the AL after a bunch of disappointing seasons recently. Although the damn Red Sox are only 3.5 back currently, and the rest of the AL East looks really strong. This is going to be a great season to watch. The Bombers are back!

So there is really only here and now

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12459

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:13 AM

121 mph today. Cant even see the ball ; )



Edited by bscinstnct, 11 June 2017 - 12:14 AM.


2

#3 PZero

PZero

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 7068

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:31 AM

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.
R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

3

#4 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:33 AM

Oh, 121 mph, that's the one I was talking about. Unreal the power of that swing. And just like a good golf swing, it is simple without any excess of moving parts.
So there is really only here and now

4

#5 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:39 AM

View PostPZero, on 11 June 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.

Yeah, that was the last generation of great Yankee teams. I was very sad watching Mariano play his last game. And it was like a hollywood movie when Derek hit a walk off hit in his last game at Fenway and the fans gave him a standing ovation. I gotta admit I have always liked Bostoners as people, just I was genetically programmed to hate the Sox.

I guarantee you will love watching the new Bomber dynasty.

So there is really only here and now

5

#6 PZero

PZero

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,901 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129810
  • Joined: 05/30/2011
  • Location:Ohio
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 7068

Posted 11 June 2017 - 12:46 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 11 June 2017 - 12:39 AM, said:

View PostPZero, on 11 June 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.

Yeah, that was the last generation of great Yankee teams. I was very sad watching Mariano play his last game. And it was like a hollywood movie when Derek hit a walk off hit in his last game at Fenway and the fans gave him a standing ovation. I gotta admit I have always liked Bostoners as people, just I was genetically programmed to hate the Sox.

I guarantee you will love watching the new Bomber dynasty.

A lot of great memories from those late 90's and ealy 00's teams. I didn't miss any of Jeter's memorable moments. From the Jeffrey Maier HR to his 3000th hit, watched them all live.
R11s 9° Whiteboad 63S
Titleist 913F 15°
TM R9 19°
Titleist 712 AP2 4-GW
Vokey TVD 56°, SM5 60°
Studio Select Newport

6

#7 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:08 AM

I do believe with the farm system as loaded as it is and what's already in the bigs now the Yankees are ahead of the curve for the next 10 years. Even farther ahead than what they thought.

All the talk about judge and he's dang good but Sanchez is just as good if not better in my opinion. Bird isn't on their level now he's struggled adjusting to major league pitching like most but if he can figure it out he will be the next Tino. There's enough arms that we have now to win. I just hope they don't dump a lot of farm guys near the trade deadline for a high end starter for the rest of the year or a two year rental.

Really excited about the talent that has been developed instead of signed late 30 year old players for way more than their worth.

All I can think is how good this line up would be if we gave Cano the money instead of Jacoby.

7

#8 knock it close

knock it close

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101876
  • Joined: 01/13/2010
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta
  • Handicap:+2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 5203

Posted 11 June 2017 - 03:43 PM

Just when I was getting really good at hating the Blue Jays y'all decide to get good again. This looks good for you too https://twitter.com/...002214565675012


Go BoSox
M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

8

#9 Boydr12

Boydr12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309025
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

Brett Gardner is absolutely 100% without a doubt on steroids, everybody is making comments about how he's gained like 60 pounds in the past year and a half.  Last year he hit 7 home runs in 148 games... this year in 1/3 of a season..... the same person has already doubled that amount.  Absolutely juicing, and it's not even arguable.  Shame shame shame

9

#10 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

Sounds like a Boston fan to me. Who from Boston hasn't been on the juice?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Swoosh-Thud

Swoosh-Thud

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42744
  • Joined: 11/26/2007
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

View PostPZero, on 11 June 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.

I miss:
Mickey Rivers CF
Willie Randolf 2B
Thurman Munson C
Reggie Jackson RF
Chris Chamblis 1b
Lou Piniella DH
Craig Nettles 3B
Roy White LF
Bucky Dent SS

Ron Guidry P
Sparky Lyle P

Honorable mention goes to Louis Tiant. I had the pleasure of sitting second row behind home plate when he ptiched once.
JBeam ZY-11 10* Basileus Alpha S  / Crazy 435ii 10.5* Basileus AAA X
Tour Issue TM Superfast 2.0 TP 13.5* & 18* UST VTS SIlver 7S
Apex Pro Recoil 95 R  //  Steelhead XR Pro Recoil ES 760
Vega VM06 50 - 54 - 58 Shimada W
Slighter Auburn

11

#12 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:53 AM

View PostSwoosh-Thud, on 14 June 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostPZero, on 11 June 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.

I miss:
Mickey Rivers CF
Willie Randolf 2B
Thurman Munson C
Reggie Jackson RF
Chris Chamblis 1b
Lou Piniella DH
Craig Nettles 3B
Roy White LF
Bucky Dent SS

Ron Guidry P
Sparky Lyle P

Honorable mention goes to Louis Tiant. I had the pleasure of sitting second row behind home plate when he ptiched once.

That was the Yankee dynasty I remember as a kid. I remember emulating Roy White's batting style, with the bat close to his side. Ah, the good ol days.
So there is really only here and now

12

#13 Pingfitz

Pingfitz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 664 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104483
  • Joined: 03/08/2010
  • Location:Mid Atlantic
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 14 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

As an O's fan, I enjoyed their disappointing seasons. AL east is good baseball.

13

#14 altess27

altess27

    Northern MN Southpaw

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 292905
  • Joined: 01/22/2014
  • Location:Minnesota
  • Handicap:1.0
  • Ebay ID:ates1010
GolfWRX Likes : 183

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

View Postthug the bunny, on 11 June 2017 - 12:11 AM, said:

Now that hockey is almost over I have started watching baseball again (ok watching the Yankees). I had heard of Aaron Judge but watching him it is very obvious that he is a monster. His first at bat he smoked a home run that had no arc to the ball. It was a frozen rope that made the upper deck in like 2 seconds. They clocked his escape velocity at 119 mph. He is on his way to becoming a legend.

But the really good news is that the Yanks are stacked this year. Another sophmore, Gary Sanchez is also big and flattens the ball when he hits it. And the rest of their lineup all hit the ball all over the yard. And they are young, unlike most past lineups.
And their pitching staff is also stacked. Louis Severino serves up a 98 fastball, which makes his 90 slider un-hittable. Plus  they have Betances and Chapman as closers.

It is really good to see that they are poised to dominate the AL after a bunch of disappointing seasons recently. Although the damn Red Sox are only 3.5 back currently, and the rest of the AL East looks really strong. This is going to be a great season to watch. The Bombers are back!

Love that the Yankees are back on top! Judge, Sanchez and Severino are so exciting to watch. I'm really excited to see if Gleyber Torres is really as good as he is supposed to be. He is supposedly about to make his debut very soon.
913 D2 Driver
XR 16 5 Wood
iBlade Irons
Piretti Wedges
Potenza II Putter

14

#15 McCann1

McCann1

    Tour Player

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410936
  • Joined: 02/03/2016
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
  • Ebay ID:igolfandguitar
GolfWRX Likes : 1284

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:39 PM

Yankees having a good year so far...go Red Sox

Enjoy the chase.

15

#16 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 17 June 2017 - 09:58 PM

View PostMcCann1, on 17 June 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yankees having a good year so far...go Red Sox

Maybe that last AL East regular season series will mean something this year!
So there is really only here and now

16

#17 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12459

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:40 PM

View PostSwoosh-Thud, on 14 June 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

View PostPZero, on 11 June 2017 - 12:31 AM, said:

I miss watching Jeter, Rivera, Posada, Pettitte, Bernie, O'Neill, and Tino play.

I miss:
Mickey Rivers CF
Willie Randolf 2B
Thurman Munson C
Reggie Jackson RF
Chris Chamblis 1b
Lou Piniella DH
Craig Nettles 3B
Roy White LF
Bucky Dent SS

Ron Guidry P
Sparky Lyle P

Honorable mention goes to Louis Tiant. I had the pleasure of sitting second row behind home plate when he ptiched once.

Oscar Gamble!

17

#18 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

I saw that the Yankees just stopped a 7 game losing streak, and the Sox are 1 game in front. Normally I would be worried, but not this year. With a good team losing can be the stone that sharpens the knife.
So there is really only here and now

18

#19 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

It's the MLB season. Everyone is gonna lose X amount of games in a row. We are two years ahead of any curve we thought.

Torres is undergoing surgery which hurts. Was supposedly gonna be the starter at third by the end of the year. Just hope he fully recovers on time for spring training

19

#20 Boydr12

Boydr12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309025
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:51 AM

View Postthug the bunny, on 21 June 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

I saw that the Yankees just stopped a 7 game losing streak, and the Sox are 1 game in front. Normally I would be worried, but not this year. With a good team losing can be the stone that sharpens the knife.

Sox have a much better team top to bottom.  Best starting rotation, best bullpen, one of the best lineups.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:20 AM

We will see come September. Remember Boston is all in this year and we are ahead of the curve. Our farm system is pretty loaded for a change no idea about bostons.

21

#22 Boydr12

Boydr12

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 309025
  • Joined: 04/16/2014
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:39 AM

View Postdevinh821, on 22 June 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

We will see come September. Remember Boston is all in this year and we are ahead of the curve. Our farm system is pretty loaded for a change no idea about bostons.

Boston is set with the team they have now, Benintendi, Betts and Bradley Jr. are the best defensive outfield maybe in MLB history, they also are top 3 offensive outfield in the league right now.  Bogearts is a top 3 shortstop. Sox have 3 Cy Young winners in the rotation, and their bullpen simply does not give up runs

22

#23 devinh821

devinh821

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 276861
  • Joined: 09/19/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 43

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:33 AM

Boston has it all figured out and still are chasing in the loss column......

23

#24 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:35 AM

I agree Sox have the best rotation and bullpen, but I think the Yanks have the best offense in the league. As devin said we'll see come september.
So there is really only here and now

24

#25 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12459

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:22 PM

View PostBoydr12, on 22 June 2017 - 08:51 AM, said:

View Postthug the bunny, on 21 June 2017 - 10:01 PM, said:

I saw that the Yankees just stopped a 7 game losing streak, and the Sox are 1 game in front. Normally I would be worried, but not this year. With a good team losing can be the stone that sharpens the knife.

Sox have a much better team top to bottom.  Best starting rotation, best bullpen, one of the best lineups.

Sure, but

Theyre still in Boston.


Just ribbin ya ; )



25

#26 knock it close

knock it close

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,821 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101876
  • Joined: 01/13/2010
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta
  • Handicap:+2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 5203

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:24 PM

View PostBoydr12, on 22 June 2017 - 10:39 AM, said:

View Postdevinh821, on 22 June 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

We will see come September. Remember Boston is all in this year and we are ahead of the curve. Our farm system is pretty loaded for a change no idea about bostons.

Boston is set with the team they have now, Benintendi, Betts and Bradley Jr. are the best defensive outfield maybe in MLB history, they also are top 3 offensive outfield in the league right now.  Bogearts is a top 3 shortstop. Sox have 3 Cy Young winners in the rotation, and their bullpen simply does not give up runs
Top 3 in the AL, probably 4th best, I'm a sox fan but Seager, Lindor and Correa are better and have a higher ceiling. Not a knock on X though because he is still a cornerstone piece
M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

26

#27 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12459

Posted 27 July 2017 - 10:10 PM

That was crazy.

27

#28 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12459

Posted 01 August 2017 - 07:36 PM

Frazier! Channeling Nettles!



28

#29 thug the bunny

thug the bunny

    The past we can't change. The future we can't predict.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,842 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 251822
  • Joined: 05/21/2013
  • Location:Jersey
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 9462

Posted 01 August 2017 - 09:16 PM

wah happened?
So there is really only here and now

29

#30 bscinstnct

bscinstnct

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,848 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77664
  • Joined: 03/17/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 12459

Posted 01 August 2017 - 10:00 PM

View Postthug the bunny, on 01 August 2017 - 09:16 PM, said:

wah happened?

Ahhh, they lost.

But Frazier made a diving play on a hard ground ball down the line and threw out the guy to end the inning and saved a run from scoring.

Not the same exact play but reminded me of


Edited by bscinstnct, 01 August 2017 - 10:01 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors