Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Nike Zoom 90's

39 replies to this topic

#31 golfin8

golfin8

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 183462
GolfWRX Likes : 69

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

View PostSilverBullets, on 16 June 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

I have the white and red pair and am actually pretty disappointed by them.  They look great, I like the materials they are made out of and they are comfortable, for the most part.. I have 2 major problems.  They are a pain in the a** to put on if you put them on in the parking lot.  And 2, the most important, they rub the crap out of my Achilles.  The first 4 or 5 times I wore them, I had no issue with rubbing and almost bought a second pair.  The next time out, they rubbed so bad I started bleeding.  This happened another time, a few weeks later after letting everything fully heal.  I've had to move to wearing much higher socks, which I hate, to wear the shoes.  I normally wear Dry Max or Rhone tab socks... at this point it's really all that I own.  But I have had to break out the 10 year old UA ankle socks to wear these stupid shoes.

The white also stains really bad so make sure you scotch guard them.  I didn't, because I didn't have any handy (lazy) and the first time out they stained pretty bad (and that's with desert courses being really dry). I didn't think it would be that big of an issue because they are waterproof, but it was.  It's not a huge deal as I just use dawn dish soap and scrub them for a few minutes every few rounds.

They are fine, however, when I ride in a cart and do less walking.  But walking 18 in them, it's really high socks or bust.  I wouldn't buy them again.  I find myself wearing them now only when I ride and wearing lower cut shoes when I walk.

Try some dri-fit elite no show tab socks or the under armour no show running socks with the silicone strips in the heel. I've worn these two socks with the 90s for probably 15-20 rounds the last two seasons and have had no issues when wearing those. I did wear some regular no shows and got a small blister one time so have stuck with those socks ever since.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1989

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:19 PM

View Postgolfin8, on 19 June 2017 - 08:48 AM, said:

View PostSilverBullets, on 16 June 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

I have the white and red pair and am actually pretty disappointed by them.  They look great, I like the materials they are made out of and they are comfortable, for the most part.. I have 2 major problems.  They are a pain in the a** to put on if you put them on in the parking lot.  And 2, the most important, they rub the crap out of my Achilles.  The first 4 or 5 times I wore them, I had no issue with rubbing and almost bought a second pair.  The next time out, they rubbed so bad I started bleeding.  This happened another time, a few weeks later after letting everything fully heal.  I've had to move to wearing much higher socks, which I hate, to wear the shoes.  I normally wear Dry Max or Rhone tab socks... at this point it's really all that I own.  But I have had to break out the 10 year old UA ankle socks to wear these stupid shoes.

The white also stains really bad so make sure you scotch guard them.  I didn't, because I didn't have any handy (lazy) and the first time out they stained pretty bad (and that's with desert courses being really dry). I didn't think it would be that big of an issue because they are waterproof, but it was.  It's not a huge deal as I just use dawn dish soap and scrub them for a few minutes every few rounds.

They are fine, however, when I ride in a cart and do less walking.  But walking 18 in them, it's really high socks or bust.  I wouldn't buy them again.  I find myself wearing them now only when I ride and wearing lower cut shoes when I walk.

Try some dri-fit elite no show tab socks or the under armour no show running socks with the silicone strips in the heel. I've worn these two socks with the 90s for probably 15-20 rounds the last two seasons and have had no issues when wearing those. I did wear some regular no shows and got a small blister one time so have stuck with those socks ever since.

See that's the thing.. I mostly only wear the Rhone socks... they are tab socks with a silicone strip in the heel.  I wear them with everything (even have worn them with full leather chukka boots) and have never had a rubbing issue... only with these shoes.  I only wear tab socks anymore because they never fall down or bunch.  The only socks which make these shoes wearable for me are ones which are  basically up to mid ankle/just at the bottom of my ankle.  They are actually the socks I wear with hiking boots lol (under armor athletic socks that are moisture wicking but just a high rise).
Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 910F 19*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Bettinardi BB40

#33 PGAPankey

PGAPankey

PGA Professional

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56059
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Can I get some input on how structured the sole of these are? I know they are an update of an old sneaker so I'm not expecting them to be too structured but I just don't like the feeling of swinging in a pair of rubber flip flops.
Srixon Z765 9.5* - Graphite Design DI6x
Taylormade RBZ Tour Small Head 3 wood - Graphite Design DI6x
Titleist 915 Hd 20.5* - Fuji Motore Speeder Tour Spec 8.8
Srixon Z745 - Aerotech Steelfiber i95
Cleveland RTX 3 50*, 56* (Bent to 57*) KBS Custom Black
Cleveland TFi 2135 Elvado
Srixon Z Star XV

#34 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,472 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1989

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:38 PM

View PostPGAPankey, on 19 June 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Can I get some input on how structured the sole of these are? I know they are an update of an old sneaker so I'm not expecting them to be too structured but I just don't like the feeling of swinging in a pair of rubber flip flops.

The bottom is not really anything like a sneaker.  They are very stable and structured.  I actually think they are more structured than any of the golf shoes I have worn in the past 3-5 years (since I exclusively moved to wearing lighter weight, spikeless, athletic style golf shoes).  They also have a pretty aggressive tread pattern for a spikeless shoe.  I would bet they have better grip than many of the soft spike shoes I used to own.
Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 910F 19*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Bettinardi BB40

#35 matt_included

matt_included

Keep on Grindin'

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52321
GolfWRX Likes : 49

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:05 PM

Received a couple pair of these as a gift via the BCF/Ross deal and I have to say that originally they weren't on my radar for perspective shoes...

But, they are hands down one of the most comfortable golf shoes I've worn. They are a little tricky to get on as some have said, but the tongue-less design really makes for a snug and stable wear. The styling pairs well with shorts, the spikeless tread isn't overly aggressive and I experienced no slippage in wet conditions today. These are an awesome walking shoe!

At $20.00, these shoes are an unreal deal and their performance and comfort have me on the hunt for more color-ways.

Anyone know why only the green/volt, maroon/grey, and all white styles were jettisoned to the market by Nike through these retailers? Poor sellers? More colors to follow?

Edited by matt_included, 20 June 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#36 hahanice

hahanice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363663
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:26 PM

as ive mentioned a few times, i love these shoes....

one thing ill say however is they are not made for wearing around town haha. i was playing with my dad so i threw these on before i left the house. we decided to go eat before playing and it was like i was walking on ice inside the restaurant (tile flooring).
ive done this in my chukkas with no issues, but i was happy to get out of that restaurant without embarrassing myself. maybe it was the floor and not the shoes?

#37 AThompson_3

AThompson_3

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395356
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 459

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:45 PM

Just picked up the white pair from Burlington. Haven't played in them yet, but damn they are nice shoes. Picked up a pair of the FI Premieres too and like them a lot better in person than I did seeing them online. I can't believe I paid $40 for two pairs of really nice golf shoes. Haha
Driver: Callaway Epic SZ 9* Fujikura Atmos Tour Spec Black 6X
3 Wood: Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana D+ 70X
Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2 19* Fujikura Atmos HB Tour Spec Black 9X
Irons: Mizuno MP-25 4-P DGTI X100
Wedges: Cleveland RTX 3.0 50MG TI X100, 55MG TI X100, 60MG KBS 610 S+
Putter(s): Odyssey O Works 7s Black
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Bag: Sun Mountain Four-5

#38 snagy2000

snagy2000

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 973 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9545
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

View PostAThompson_3, on 21 June 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Just picked up the white pair from Burlington. Haven't played in them yet, but damn they are nice shoes. Picked up a pair of the FI Premieres too and like them a lot better in person than I did seeing them online. I can't believe I paid $40 for two pairs of really nice golf shoes. Haha

Are these just mixed in with the regular shoe sizes in the stores? Went hunting once, didn't find anything.

#39 npham

npham

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207159
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

We don't have Burlington or Marshalls in Canada, so I don't mind paying a bit of markup on these. I got a pair around Christmas time, and loved them so far this year that I recently picked up another pair for $50+shipping. Still a sweet deal for me.
Taylormade M1 460 Tour Issue 11.2°(7g hot melt) Kuro Kage TS Proto
Titleist 913 FD D+ X Flex
Titleist 913 HD D+ X Flex
Mizuno 900 Tours w/ Nippon 125X
Scotty Cameron Tour Squareback+
Vokey SM5 50/54/58 KBS Wedge White Pearl X Flex

#40 theboypinoy

theboypinoy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 868 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128768
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:28 AM

View Postsnagy2000, on 21 June 2017 - 09:52 PM, said:

View PostAThompson_3, on 21 June 2017 - 05:45 PM, said:

Are these just mixed in with the regular shoe sizes in the stores? Went hunting once, didn't find anything.

Yes. They tend to be picked up fairly quickly though.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors