Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Drive 400 Distance Program .... my review

283 replies to this topic

#61 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

Enjoying my coffee...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120229
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 956

Posted 20 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

View PostHarob11, on 19 June 2017 - 03:52 PM, said:

View Postcarrera, on 19 June 2017 - 02:56 PM, said:

View PostIrishgolfer88, on 19 June 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

looks awesome , where can I purchase this , i just joined this forum and must admit Im loving it , greetings from Ireland folks

Welcome. The link is in the first post.

Here's a direct link - puredistancegolf.com/drive400

Link is blocked here at my office, but will look into it at home. Cheers, Sir!

Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right.
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 rebby

rebby

CNH 320

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 65340
  • Ebay ID:traveler55413
GolfWRX Likes : 613

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:02 PM

View PostHarob11, on 20 June 2017 - 01:35 PM, said:

Ya, there's a lot in there. I wanted to make it very comprehensive yet simple and flexible so that it's really up to you in terms of what you want to do and how much time you want/have to put in.

If you want to follow the entire program: "Swing-Prep" Warmup Routine (soft tissue work, mobilities, flexibility, etc), the Swing-Speed Drills and the Strength Training and Med-Ball Program, or if you just want to use the program for the Swing-Speed Drills or the Strength Training Program, there should be something for everyone. At least that was my goal.

I appreciate the support so far, guys. Hope you're enjoying it.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Rob.

Rob,
I posted a thread about staying sharp/improving while I'm away from the course/PF for a while (my son is headed back in for another cardiac surgery) and somebody mentioned this program as a potential option for me while I'm with him in C-ICU. What is your opinion on this? Is this a viable option for me )taking the limitations of cardiac ICU into consideration)???

#63 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76902
  • Ebay ID:harob111
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:21 PM

View Postbcflyguy1, on 20 June 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

looks awesome , where can I purchase this , i just joined this forum and must admit Im loving it , greetings from Ireland folks

Booooooo! Work shouldn't be allowed to block Golf related links!
Drive 400 - Swing Faster. Drive Further. www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400

#64 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:48 PM

View Postrebby, on 20 June 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

Ya, there's a lot in there. I wanted to make it very comprehensive yet simple and flexible so that it's really up to you in terms of what you want to do and how much time you want/have to put in.

If you want to follow the entire program: "Swing-Prep" Warmup Routine (soft tissue work, mobilities, flexibility, etc), the Swing-Speed Drills and the Strength Training and Med-Ball Program, or if you just want to use the program for the Swing-Speed Drills or the Strength Training Program, there should be something for everyone. At least that was my goal.

Rob.

Rob,
I posted a thread about staying sharp/improving while I'm away from the course/PF for a while (my son is headed back in for another cardiac surgery) and somebody mentioned this program as a potential option for me while I'm with him in C-ICU. What is your opinion on this? Is this a viable option for me )taking the limitations of cardiac ICU into consideration)???

Hi. I just read your post. Man... I'm really sorry. No one should have to go through what you're going through. You know, most people (definitely myself included) get annoyed by daily traffic, bills, a rainy day, etc and then you read a story like yours and you realize I have absolutely nothing to complain about. Man. I sincerely hope you and your family get through this and onto better and happier times. Seriously... all the best.  

Regarding golf and occupying your time. Is there any area just outside of the hospital where you could swing a club? Is there a gym/rehab area in the hospital? If not, the program does come with something called "Swing-Prep" (I've mentioned it on here a few times) and what it is, is a soft tissue, mobility, flexibility and muscle activation routine that doesn't take up much space at all. All you need is a foam roller (the hospital should have one). It takes anywhere from 15-30 min and can be performed daily. It helps a lot with improving the way in which you move, it increases range of motion and flexibility and breaks down old scar tissue and adhesions. You'll definitely start to feel less tight and stiff and sore, on a daily basis. Honestly, Golf aside, it's just a good thing for any person to do. Also, it might be something you can use not only as a physical tool, but a research opportunity to occupy your mind, while going through what you're going through.

I also wrote a little about the importance of "shutting off the mind" and focusing on the "intent" during the swing, rather than internalizing and focusing on positions. I talk about subconscious movement and the mind-body connection in sports, etc, etc. I could talk about this for days and I'm happy to discuss if it helps take your mind off what you're going through...

Anyway, I do think you could benefit from the program, even in your confined space and I think there is some content in it that might be interesting for your to read and even research further.

If you ever want to chat, by all means, just shoot me an email.
All the best to you and your family.  

Rob.

#65 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 471682
  • Handicap:17
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:42 PM

View Postwmblake2000, on 20 June 2017 - 10:07 AM, said:

View PostIrishgolfer88, on 20 June 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Hi Sir

Where can I get this programme as Im very interested in buying it!!!

Gary

Gary, the link is just one post above yours. I am guessing you wrote this after seeing my original post and hadn't yet seen the whole thread. Anyway, it's there...

Just spotted that now my friend , thanks

#66 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Rob.

Just bought it , back playing after 11 years out , got a lesson last week and another next tuesday but look forward to using this programme and I will update progress:Pany recommendations for starting off???
My swing speed is 94moh and i can hit it anywhere from 240 to 280 depending on contact , roll and wind conditions

#67 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostIrishgolfer88, on 20 June 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

Rob.

Just bought it , back playing after 11 years out , got a lesson last week and another next tuesday but look forward to using this programme and I will update progress:Pany recommendations for starting off???
My swing speed is 94moh and i can hit it anywhere from 240 to 280 depending on contact , roll and wind conditions

11 years!  Wow, awesome man. Must feel nice to get back into it!

Yes. Take your time. Don't rush, and listen to your body. You're coming off a slightly long hiatus (ha) so just take your time. Get a feel for your body again. Don't force anything.

The Swing-Prep portion of the program (foam rolling, mobility and muscle activation work) alone, will improve your swing speed and help you to feel really good. You be the judge but you might want to do this everyday for a week before beginning the swing-speed and strength training portions of the program.

Once you do start performing the swing-speed exercises, your swing-speed should really start to climb rapidly, especially during the first two or three weeks. Integrate it with the strength training and plyometric med-ball exercises and you just never know. You could really surprise yourself. It's all about waking up, lengthening and then strengthening your muscles and nervous system. They haven't been used in a Golf swing specific manner for a long time.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

Edited by Harob11, 20 June 2017 - 05:02 PM.

#68 bcflyguy1

bcflyguy1

Enjoying my coffee...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120229
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 956

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:09 PM

View PostHarob11, on 20 June 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

View Postbcflyguy1, on 20 June 2017 - 01:52 PM, said:

Booooooo! Work shouldn't be allowed to block Golf related links!

I know, right?

Just purchased, cheers Sir!
Never forget that the luxury of being
wrong is not enough to make you right.
WITB Link

#69 Jasonic

Jasonic

Gamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 277815
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 2092

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:55 PM

Can you go more in detail about the intent you spoke of in the last post? I know what's in the program materials but it's quite short, I used it the last round when my last thought was just "pound the crap out of the ball" and I must say it seemed to work (I'm a very internal/body part focus player). Is that all there is to it? Or is there more detail?
Cobra f7+ 9.5*- Flowerband OG WB 73x
Cobra f7 3/4 wood - 14.5* - Flowerband OG WB 83x
Srixon u45 DI - 20* - Nippon Modus3 120x
Srixon z945 4-PW - Nippon Modus3 120x
Hogan TK wedges - 50*, 54*, 58* - Nippon Modus3 120x
TaylorMade Spider Limited Red
KSig or Snell MTB :)

#70 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33930
GolfWRX Likes : 2003

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:06 PM

View PostJasonic, on 20 June 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Can you go more in detail about the intent you spoke of in the last post? I know what's in the program materials but it's quite short, I used it the last round when my last thought was just "pound the crap out of the ball" and I must say it seemed to work (I'm a very internal/body part focus player). Is that all there is to it? Or is there more detail?

That's a very good call-out. I'm not Rob but here's what I have been thinking - and I was thinking about asking him the same question here.

I think the exercises won't really increase swing speed nearly as much without a new 'mental map' of what your body can do, speed wise. It's like breaking old rules about your assumed max speed. At least that's what I've been thinking. From this expanded image of how fast I can swing, when I'm playing, I throttle back just a little. But on the range I spend a lot of time really trying to stretch my assumptions and constraints.

Callaway Epic 10.5 Stock
Cobra Baffler 4-5 Stock
Callway xhot 3 h stock
Miura Small Blades, Modus 105R 3-W
Titleist T-MB, Modus 105S, 3-W
Fourteen FH1000 3-W. KBS tourV 110 S
Fourteen mt28v3 50,54,58
Cameron Futura 5W

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 02:18 AM

View PostJasonic, on 20 June 2017 - 10:55 PM, said:

Ya, absolutely I can.

This can get pretty long and detailed but I’ll try to be somewhat succinct.

Essentially, you have it right, swinging with maximum “Intent” means to concern yourself with nothing other than swinging as fast as you possibly can.

Now, I’m sure most people’s initial reaction to reading that is: “that’s it, big deal”… and I don’t blame them. We are living in a society that is so incredibly analytical and consumed by information, we have trouble accepting anything that is simple as being effective. This is in stark contrast to how we as a society used to function, not too long ago.

For example, Baseball pitchers used to be taught to “step and throw”. Today, you have guys in full body sensor suites with reflective balls, 3-D motion-capture, 14 infrared cameras, 6 computers and 3 scientists trying to reverse engineer and teach what we have instinctively known how to do as human beings for thousands of years… throw an object at a target without thinking about it.

The golf swing is absolutely no different. When’s the last time you played an entire round of golf focusing intently on the ball without a single swing thought? Scary reality, isn’t it.

There’s no doubt about it, sports-science is fascinating and curious and amazing, but is it a great teaching tool? I’m not so sure. The more information we’re presented with, the more internalizing is required to process it.

The problems is, we don’t perform well when we’re in our heads. You hear it all the time, “he’s in his head”, yet this is exactly how we’re taught today and how we practice. Doesn’t make a lot of sense does it? Once you’re in, it’s tough to get back out (Tiger).

By focusing on “intent” and swinging as fast as possible, the goal is to a) limit the amount of time you have to internalize and consciously think about body parts and positions, therefore allowing for natural sequencing and movement and b) to train your nervous system and muscles to fire as fast as possible… something we simply cannot achieve when we are consciously thinking about positions and body parts. When we “think”, we move slower than what we are truly capable of. If you don’t believe me, try sprinting while consciously thinking about moving each arm and leg and see how fast you run. Then sprint with max “intent”… on autopilot. The results aren’t even close.

There is absolutely no difference between this and swinging a golf club, throwing a ball or jumping.

What’s kind of shocking is that you probably won’t even be able to swing without thinking about body parts and positions for the first little while. Most of us who have taken conventional lessons have actually lost the ability, due over-analyzing, breaking down the swing into segmented parts and internalizing.

IF YOU:

1. Start right (grip, stance, alignment).
2. Properly conceptualize the objective.
3. Swing with intent.

You’ll be very surprised by your results.

There is so much more I could get into on things related to this topic including: dominant vs non dominant movement and “mirroring”, how trying to control positions at high speeds can be physically dangerous, unnatural vs natural movement, Tiger’s paralysis by analysis, properly conceptualizing the objective, why swinging with a ball and without a ball can change your swing, being in the zone, how our minds are the single biggest limiting factor in sports performance, speed and reaction, personal style vs fundamentals, audible cues, velocity vs control and how they’re diametrically opposed, why I train speed first, control later, etc, etc.

Lots to discuss!

Anyway, that wasn’t exactly succinct but hopefully that makes sense.

Rob.

#72 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:02 AM

View PostHarob11, on 20 June 2017 - 04:52 PM, said:

View PostIrishgolfer88, on 20 June 2017 - 03:51 PM, said:

Rob.

11 years!  Wow, awesome man. Must feel nice to get back into it!

Yes. Take your time. Don't rush, and listen to your body. You're coming off a slightly long hiatus (ha) so just take your time. Get a feel for your body again. Don't force anything.

The Swing-Prep portion of the program (foam rolling, mobility and muscle activation work) alone, will improve your swing speed and help you to feel really good. You be the judge but you might want to do this everyday for a week before beginning the swing-speed and strength training portions of the program.

Once you do start performing the swing-speed exercises, your swing-speed should really start to climb rapidly, especially during the first two or three weeks. Integrate it with the strength training and plyometric med-ball exercises and you just never know. You could really surprise yourself. It's all about waking up, lengthening and then strengthening your muscles and nervous system. They haven't been used in a Golf swing specific manner for a long time.

Hope this helps.

Rob.

Cheers my friend

Ya i looked through the programme last night , im very impressed by it
Im 28 years old but i definetly agree with you that i will focus on the mobility and rolling for the first week and then start at it

Im excited by starting the programme and I will let you know how it goes

Gary

#73 Stetson

Stetson

Major Winner

• 2,097 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199816
GolfWRX Likes : 416

Posted 21 June 2017 - 07:11 AM

For those that have purchased the program, or designed it, how much time per day can one expect to devote during this 12 week program?  I know that Rob said you can do just 1 part, or 2 parts... Roughly how much time would one expect to spend each day on the Swing Prep, Swing and Strength Programs?

AKA if I did it all would I be looking at 2.5 hours a day?
Driver: None
3w: Ping G400 SFT (Xtorsion Copperhead)
3H: Exotics EX10 19* (Recoil 680)
3i: Cobra King Utility 21* (Steelfiber 95)
4-P: Bridgestone J40 CB (Steelfiber 110)
Wedges: 51* Edel TRP, 55* Edel DVR, 60* Vokey Links K
Putter: Ping Nome TR

#74 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:04 AM

Ya swing prep around 30 minutes. Swing drills around 30 min. Strength training around an hour to an hour and fifteen. Three times per week. So to play it safe, make it 2.5 hours, three times per week if you were to follow all aspects of the program.

#75 BeautifulNice

BeautifulNice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34232
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 21 June 2017 - 08:47 AM

Rob: Does the strength training assume a set of good knees? Is there a way to work around an inability to squat (no cartilage)? Thanks.

My cleek is sometimes peevish.

#76 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:02 PM

View PostBeautifulNice, on 21 June 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Rob: Does the strength training assume a set of good knees? Is there a way to work around an inability to squat (no cartilage)? Thanks.

Hi,

Are you not able to bend at the knees at all or is it only full squats that give you problems?
If it's only full squats that are a problem, then there are plenty of workarounds, but if you can't bend at the knees at all, it makes things tricky for sure.

If you have some ability to flex without pain; partial reps may be an option and isometrics (fixed joint angle and muscle length) at certain angles might be a possibility...

There are definitely some posterior chain exercises I think you could do without any issues: Stiff Leg Deadlifts, Good Mornings, etc.

Let me know how limited you are and I'll see if I can help.

#77 Irishgolfer88

Irishgolfer88

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:15 PM

did the foam rolling and mobility drills tonight , could not believe how unflexible im for a young man , I definetly will be focusing on them drills for the first week before attemtpting the speed drills.
I must say very enjoyable thou
Gary

#78 BeautifulNice

BeautifulNice

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34232
GolfWRX Likes : 112

Posted 21 June 2017 - 04:17 PM

View PostHarob11, on 21 June 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

View PostBeautifulNice, on 21 June 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hi,

Are you not able to bend at the knees at all or is it only full squats that give you problems?
If it's only full squats that are a problem, then there are plenty of workarounds, but if you can't bend at the knees at all, it makes things tricky for sure.

If you have some ability to flex without pain; partial reps may be an option and isometrics (fixed joint angle and muscle length) at certain angles might be a possibility...

There are definitely some posterior chain exercises I think you could do without any issues: Stiff Leg Deadlifts, Good Mornings, etc.

Thanks!

One bad knee. Can't squat more than 120 degrees so can't even get femur parallel to ground. I went ahead and d/l'd the program. Looks promising. I'll email after I begin the program. (BTW, your vertical jump is insane!)
My cleek is sometimes peevish.

#79 Stetson

Stetson

Major Winner

• 2,097 posts
  •  

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:29 PM

View PostIrishgolfer88, on 21 June 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

did the foam rolling and mobility drills tonight , could not believe how unflexible im for a young man , I definetly will be focusing on them drills for the first week before attemtpting the speed drills.
Gary

The flexibility wasn't my issue, it was the amount of core strength required to use the foam roller. Unfortunately I went hard in the gym yesterday so my legs were sore and the foam roller reminded me of it constantly

Edited by Stetson, 21 June 2017 - 06:38 PM.

#80 Fairways_and_Greens

Fairways_and_Greens

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16577
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 21 June 2017 - 09:38 PM

Hey Rob. Just starting your program. I was surprised to see no jumping plyometics. Why is that? Is it OK to add a 45lb plate to pullups to get to the 6 reps? How do we pick the weight of the medicine ball right for us?

M1 9.5° | M1 4w 15° | 915H.d 19°
Z765 Modus3 125x
X-Forged 48°/52°/60°
Nike Neo
Pro V1x

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 Jasonic

Jasonic

Gamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:48 AM

I think the thing I like best is finding your max weight and cutting in half. At first I was like ummm I feel like a wimp bench pressing 25 a side but you increase every workout by 5 you'll quickly get to your max safely. Keeps your ego in check for sure!!

#82 Fairways_and_Greens

Fairways_and_Greens

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16577
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 22 June 2017 - 02:57 PM

Hey Jasonic, I'm not sure medicine balls go much past 30! I already know my bench, squats, and dead lifts... I didn't we anywhere in the document regarding medicine ball weight.

For pull ups I'm already doing sets of 6 with 80 lbs on my waist (before I started the program). The question was more around should I be going for a power/high weight movement, or explosive body weight pull up.
M1 9.5° | M1 4w 15° | 915H.d 19°
Z765 Modus3 125x
X-Forged 48°/52°/60°
Nike Neo
Pro V1x

#83 Jasonic

Jasonic

Gamer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:10 PM

Fairways_and_Greens, on 22 June 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

Hey Jasonic, I'm not sure medicine balls go much past 30! I already know my bench, squats, and dead lifts... I didn't we anywhere in the document regarding medicine ball weight.

For pull ups I'm already doing sets of 6 with 80 lbs on my waist (before I started the program). The question was more around should I be going for a power/high weight movement, or explosive body weight pull up.

Yea I'm not sure you're supposed to up the medicine ball weight every time, according to chart you alternate between a light and heavy it looks like.

As for pull ups...DAMN SON!! I can only do 5 total lol

I mean your 5 rep max should be more than your "normal" reps weight at least mine was. But then you cut that in half it's pretty light.

#84 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:45 PM

How long are you guys doing the roller/mobility/warmup routine? I can't get it done in less than an hour. Maybe us old guys need to do this longer - I can't imagine doing 30 minutes.
Callaway Epic 10.5 Stock
Cobra Baffler 4-5 Stock
Callway xhot 3 h stock
Fourteen mt28v3 50,54,58
Cameron Futura 5W

#85 wmblake2000

wmblake2000

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,855 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

And for Rob... you suggest doing warmup before a round. If you do it and then drive 30-45 mins to course is most of benefit lost?

Callaway Epic 10.5 Stock
Cobra Baffler 4-5 Stock
Callway xhot 3 h stock
Fourteen mt28v3 50,54,58
Cameron Futura 5W

#86 Stetson

Stetson

Major Winner

• 2,097 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:11 PM

wmblake2000, on 22 June 2017 - 09:45 PM, said:

How long are you guys doing the roller/mobility/warmup routine? I can't get it done in less than an hour. Maybe us old guys need to do this longer - I can't imagine doing 30 minutes.

Two days and about an hour each time so far for the SMR and Mobility

Edited by Stetson, 22 June 2017 - 10:12 PM.

#87 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:18 PM

BeautifulNice, on 21 June 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

Harob11, on 21 June 2017 - 03:02 PM, said:

BeautifulNice, on 21 June 2017 - 08:47 AM, said:

Hi,

Thanks!

One bad knee. Can't squat more than 120 degrees so can't even get femur parallel to ground. I went ahead and d/l'd the program. Looks promising. I'll email after I begin the program. (BTW, your vertical jump is insane!)

You what? "went ahead and d/l'd"  

Anyway, good info to have. Definitely send me an email and I will work with you to figure this out. And ya, haha, I used to be able to jump pretty damn high, not going to lie. Miss those days!

#88 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:21 PM

Stetson, on 21 June 2017 - 06:29 PM, said:

Irishgolfer88, on 21 June 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

Gary

The flexibility wasn't my issue, it was the amount of core strength required to use the foam roller. Unfortunately I went hard in the gym yesterday so my legs were sore and the foam roller reminded me of it constantly

Haha, oh ya! If you're new to soft tissue work, you're going to feel some pain for the first few sessions. It'll start to become less and less painful soon though. Give it a week. Once you're past that initial phase you're going to feel a lot better! Stick with it!

#89 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:32 PM

Fairways_and_Greens, on 21 June 2017 - 09:38 PM, said:

Hey Rob. Just starting your program. I was surprised to see no jumping plyometics. Why is that? Is it OK to add a 45lb plate to pullups to get to the 6 reps? How do we pick the weight of the medicine ball right for us?

Hey man. I considered it but ultimately decided against it because power is plane specific and the golf swing is primarily a rotary/rotational power movement and that's why I programmed in the med-ball work instead. That's not to say you can't do some box jumps now and again if you feel it helps you.

Yes, add whatever weight is fairly challenging to complete that sixth rep (impressive by the way).

See where it says "load" - if you look underneath that it will say either 6 or 4 pounds for each med-ball exercise.

Rob.

#90 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:37 PM

wmblake2000, on 22 June 2017 - 09:47 PM, said:

And for Rob... you suggest doing warmup before a round. If you do it and then drive 30-45 mins to course is most of benefit lost?

100% yes. Ideally, the less time between the warmup and swinging the better but even if you have to drive 30-45 or even an hour, the benefits are still there.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

TannerGrossGolf

GolfWRX Sponsors