Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Drive 400 Distance Program .... my review

283 replies to this topic

#271 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76902
  • Ebay ID:harob111
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:12 PM

View PostBeerPerHole, on 11 November 2017 - 12:29 PM, said:

I recently acquired this program and it's a pretty vast body of work, all things considered. For me: I'm a lifelong gym rat who started playing golf around 30. I'm 50 now and am in continuous pain from old football wear and tear. Finally decided to get serious about driver distance this year and this program is probably my last modification to what I've been doing (started with a series of lessons, driver fitting, etc...) I'm impressed with this product. Due to time constraints I changed the gym sessions format into just 2 different ones, longer sessions each (I've got two kids, lawns to mow, wife to please...) I think the most impactful thing for me may end up being the swing exercises because it's so different than what I've been doing - feels great, too!  Nice work, Rob.

Glad you're enjoying it man. I hear you on the time issue. Biggest factor as we get older, with more responsibilities. Our passion for golf doesn't waver, but our time to dedicate towards it, tends to.

Keep us posted and reach out if you have any questions. Here to help.

Drive 400 - Swing Faster. Drive Further. www.puredistancegolf.com/drive400

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#272 Lincoln_Arcadia

Lincoln_Arcadia

Golf is supposed to be fun, enjoy it. . .

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 263134
  • Handicap:9.0
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 12 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

View PostHarob11, on 11 November 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

View PostLincoln_Arcadia, on 11 November 2017 - 09:07 AM, said:

View PostHarob11, on 11 November 2017 - 02:38 AM, said:

Quick question guys, does anyone happen to know Jack's top end swing-speed in his heyday? Numbers tend to get more and more exaggerated as time goes by (Wilt Chamberlain's 48 inch vertical for example... ummm... no) so I'm curious if it was actually ever measured. I obviously don't know but I would guess around 125 MPH. Thoughts? Facts?

Thanks.
125 sounds too high. I'd guess gets in line with current pros at 116 to 117, but hits the center with near perfection?

Think so? I read he hit a winning long drive 340 back in 1960 or 1970something with a balata and persimmon...
I also read he had his swing-speed measured around 115 mph at 50 something years old.
Who knows though, maybe you're right.

You might be right after all, I just looked him up and he had a swing speed of 118mph when he was 58 years old getting a Trackman reading on his swing in 1998. He must have had a 125+mph swing like Rory. I think they're about the same size too.

#273 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:19 AM

Yep, that's what I was referring to. Unbelievably impressive! And yes, I think he and Rory are similar heights.

#274 games

games

Argue for your limitations, and sure enough, they are yours.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 248161
GolfWRX Likes : 426

Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:43 AM

View PostHarob11, on 14 November 2017 - 02:19 AM, said:

Yep, that's what I was referring to. Unbelievably impressive! And yes, I think he and Rory are similar heights.

Rob,
First, for the money, I am really impressed by the depth of the program.

I bought it primarily for the swing speed drills.  That said, I understand the body needs to be "prepped" and stretched to do those drills, hence the flexibility program.  I'd like to focus most of my training time on the swing speed drills, and those can be a workout in itself.  Can you point to a FEW of the flexibility program exercises that you think best support the swing speed program?  (Assume otherwise healthy adult.  No pre-existing back, muscular, or other structural problems or limitations.)  Feel free to PM if you prefer!

Thanks again for this affordable, yet comprehensive program!
They who are enamoured of practice
without knowledge are like the mariner
going to sea without a rudder or compass
and who navigates without a course.

#275 ed8t

ed8t

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 60168
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:35 PM

Hi Rob,

Just some personal observations.  The MFR is pretty comprehensive, it in itself is a decent core workout! lol

The fact that the program is "modular" helps so I can tweak the program so it works for me.  For example, quite a few of the mobility exercises I already do at the yoga studio and I'm an admitted yogi addict.  I can spend more time on the MFR part of the program without worrying about over training.  I'll start putting the swing and strength portion into place soon.   What I would like to do is find a way to measure my swing speed as my baseline so I can see the progress as I work through the program before starting those programs.

#276 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:10 AM

View Postgames, on 14 November 2017 - 06:43 AM, said:

View PostHarob11, on 14 November 2017 - 02:19 AM, said:

Rob,
First, for the money, I am really impressed by the depth of the program.

I bought it primarily for the swing speed drills.  That said, I understand the body needs to be "prepped" and stretched to do those drills, hence the flexibility program.  I'd like to focus most of my training time on the swing speed drills, and those can be a workout in itself.  Can you point to a FEW of the flexibility program exercises that you think best support the swing speed program?  (Assume otherwise healthy adult.  No pre-existing back, muscular, or other structural problems or limitations.)  Feel free to PM if you prefer!

Thanks again for this affordable, yet comprehensive program!

My pleasure, glad you're liking it man.

Honestly, I'd like to say just do this, this and that but I'd being doing you a disservice if I did. Everyone is unique in multiple ways. Different ages, builds, athletic backgrounds, wear and tear, different goals and desires. The best advice I can give you is to go through all of the mobility and dynamic warmup exercises a couple of different times and really pay attention to how you feel. Are you unable to do certain mobilities exercises properly? Do certain exercises make you especially good and ready to swing fast? Do you get nothing out of a certain exercise? From there, make a list of the exercises you a) need to improve upon the most and b) feel prepare you to swing fast, the best. Chose these exercises for your warmup routine. Re-evaluate in 6 weeks and either stick with them if getting the results you desire or chose some different exercises that you feel you need to improve in.

Make sense?

#277 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:16 AM

View Posted8t, on 14 November 2017 - 09:35 PM, said:

Hi Rob,

Just some personal observations.  The MFR is pretty comprehensive, it in itself is a decent core workout! lol

The fact that the program is "modular" helps so I can tweak the program so it works for me.  For example, quite a few of the mobility exercises I already do at the yoga studio and I'm an admitted yogi addict.  I can spend more time on the MFR part of the program without worrying about over training.  I'll start putting the swing and strength portion into place soon.   What I would like to do is find a way to measure my swing speed as my baseline so I can see the progress as I work through the program before starting those programs.

Hi,

That's perfect and exactly how I want people to use the program. I stuffed it full of good stuff (without the fluff) so people can pick and choose what they want to focus on and utilize. Some people might just be interested in the "Swing-Prep" portion of the program, in order to get a really solid warmup prior to a round of golf, a range session or a gym/swing-speed session. Others might just want to follow the strength training portion of the program. Other's just the Swing-Speed Drills. Regardless, there's definitely something for everyone in the program, that will help people swing faster, feel better and play better golf.

Keep us posted!

Good luck!

Rob.

#278 ed8t

ed8t

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:00 PM

Hi Rob,

I've picked up a couple of slam balls in the 10 and 15 pound range and just noticed 4, 6 and 8 pound med ball working weights in the strength program.  Are the med ball exercises more effective in the lower pounds?  Is it similar to the overspeed/underspeed training protocols to build speed and power?  Might have to improvise and make my own out of rags and small plates. lol

#279 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:50 PM

Hey man,

6-8 pounds it typically a good weight range for some strength development but more importantly, it hits the sweet spot for SPEED. The primary goal with med-ball work is to be able to fire the ball fast. If you're an incredibly strong mutant and you're generating explosive speed with heavier weighted balls, that's fine, but most people tend to want to go too heavy and they lose speed. Speed first and foremost.

Rob.

#280 ed8t

ed8t

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:01 PM

Gotcha, time to improvise and build me some rag balls.  :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#281 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:38 PM

Right on!

#282 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:50 PM

By the way, guys... if any of you feel squatting 3 x week @ 5 reps x 5 sets is too much for you, feel totally free to back off a bit.

Instead, you can either perform:

3 x week @ 5 reps x 3 sets
or
2 x week @ 5 reps of 5 reps

Total reps will be similar - 45/50, but some of you may do better with an added day of rest.

Just a heads up.

Rob.

#283 BeerPerHole

BeerPerHole

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459940
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted Yesterday, 04:20 PM

View PostHarob11, on 16 November 2017 - 07:50 PM, said:

Hey man,

6-8 pounds it typically a good weight range for some strength development but more importantly, it hits the sweet spot for SPEED. The primary goal with med-ball work is to be able to fire the ball fast. If you're an incredibly strong mutant and you're generating explosive speed with heavier weighted balls, that's fine, but most people tend to want to go too heavy and they lose speed. Speed first and foremost.

Rob.
Good to know. I've been tossing a 10-pounder and will drop down. Makes a hell of a racket at the gym against the ball wall - haha.

#284 Harob11

Harob11

Harob11

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  •  

Posted Yesterday, 04:21 PM

Haha, it totally does. Walls start to shake and stares increase.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors