Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

GarrettFM - WITB


  • Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 GarrettFM

GarrettFM

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430830
  • Joined: 06/28/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

Bag: Sun Mountain three 5
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 10.5° (sleeve set at A2) w/ UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Green 65 S
Fairway: Cobra King F7 w/ UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Green 75 S
Hybrid: Ping G 19° w/ Ping Tour 90
Irons: Ping G 4 & i200 5-UW w/ Ping AWT 2.0
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54° & 60° in Tour Raw
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Platinum 34" w/ SuperStroke Pistol GTR 2.0

IMG_1993.jpg

IMG_1995.jpg

IMG_1911.jpg

IMG_1171.jpg

IMG_1903.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1887.jpg

IMG_1976.jpg

Edited by GarrettFM, 02 June 2017 - 11:13 AM.

TItleist 915 D2 10.5°
Cobra King F7 13.5°
Ping G Hybrids 17° & 22°
Srixon z565 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 54° & 60°
Ping Sigma G Kinloch

Twitter: @public_golfer

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Delvecchioforza

Delvecchioforza

    Del Vecchio

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465188
  • Joined: 04/26/2017
  • Location:Denver, Co
  • Handicap:gf
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:05 PM

like it! i wish titleist would revamp their drivers just so boring looking down at them and don't go near as far as others out there..my cousin games that and gets made when he uses my tm and kills the thing. love the head covers btw
Taylormade- M1 2016
RSI irons
TP Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2013 Select Newport 2 Notchback
Bridgestone E6/ Vice Tour

2

#3 GarrettFM

GarrettFM

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430830
  • Joined: 06/28/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 03 June 2017 - 10:06 PM

View PostDelvecchioforza, on 03 June 2017 - 12:05 PM, said:

like it! i wish titleist would revamp their drivers just so boring looking down at them and don't go near as far as others out there..my cousin games that and gets made when he uses my tm and kills the thing. love the head covers btw

Thanks! Love my Seamus headcovers, too. Excellent investment.

Re: the Titleist 915 driver, I don't find that I lose distance with it! I actually went BACK to it after flirtations with a G30 LS Tec and a fitted M2. I could squeeze a bit more distance out of those two (like five to seven yards), but I wasn't as consistent. Besides, during my testing I discovered the X factor was always shaft. If I got the shaft right, it almost didn't matter which head I was using. (Almost.)

In any case, if I find a head-shaft combo that works noticeably better for my swing than 915-AXIVCore, I'll definitely switch it up.
TItleist 915 D2 10.5°
Cobra King F7 13.5°
Ping G Hybrids 17° & 22°
Srixon z565 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 54° & 60°
Ping Sigma G Kinloch

Twitter: @public_golfer

3

#4 BIG STU

BIG STU

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 284204
  • Joined: 11/14/2013
  • Location:Garden City Beach SC
  • Handicap:5.0
GolfWRX Likes : 21339

Posted 04 June 2017 - 04:17 AM

You have the same driver I do and have it on the same setting A-2. You do have a different shaft though. Mine is a little "tamer" being a Diamana 60R compared to yours. I actually get great distance with mine and pretty darn straight too.

Edited by BIG STU, 04 June 2017 - 04:19 AM.

Driver: Titleist 915 D-2 Mitsubishi Diamana 65 R
3 Wood Adams Super S 15* Bassara Regular flex
Hybrid - TM Rescue Mid 19* Pro Launch Blue
Hybrid- TM Rescue Mid 22* Stock TM Tip Stiff
Irons -- 5 thru PW 2013 Callaway Forged X Rifle 5.5 PXI
GW Vokey 252 series 52* S-400
SW Cleveland 588 56* DG Sensicore S
LW Cleveland 588 60* DG Sensicore S
Putter - Scotty Santa Fe 1997 vintage rusty as heck nicknamed "Rusty"
Bag Old School 2008 Titleist Mini Staff

Founding Father of the Outlaw Golf Association Member #1 To heck with the USGA
Redneck Hippie Golf-- When the tailgate drops the BS stops

4

#5 Bassi

Bassi

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412710
  • Joined: 02/19/2016
  • Location:Tucson Az
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 28

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:28 AM

Nice set up. Love the finish on the wedges!


5

#6 iGuy

iGuy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465888
  • Joined: 05/01/2017
  • Location:AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 08 June 2017 - 10:10 AM

Very nice bag...love the PING irons.

Would love to make a move on the new i200 irons but just still hit my i20 irons sooooooooooo good.

How do you like the AWT 2.0 shafts?  Have you ever played the CFS shafts and if so how do they compare?

Edited by iGuy, 08 June 2017 - 10:10 AM.

WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5 (14 div)
PING G Crossover 3, AWT 2.0 stiff (+1/2 - green dot)
PING i20 (3-PW) CFS stiff (+3/4 in - black dot)
PING Glide SS - 50 deg - CFS Stiff (+3/4 - black dot)
W/S FG Tour - 56 Deg - Tour sole design (+3/4)
PING Tomcat C 34in (black grip - heavy)
W/S Duo-Spin/Urethane

6

#7 GarrettFM

GarrettFM

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430830
  • Joined: 06/28/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:05 AM

View PostiGuy, on 08 June 2017 - 10:10 AM, said:

Very nice bag...love the PING irons.

Would love to make a move on the new i200 irons but just still hit my i20 irons sooooooooooo good.

How do you like the AWT 2.0 shafts?  Have you ever played the CFS shafts and if so how do they compare?

Thanks!

My recently purchased back-up iron set (which I could very well game) is actually i20 with CFS stiff, so I could give you a pretty direct comparison. To me, the AWT feel smoother and perhaps slightly more responsive than the CFS, but in terms of weight and general stiffness, they are similar. I also like the ascending weight concept; I find the heavier shafts in the short irons particularly appealing.

That said, sometime in the next few months I will probably do some testing to see if one of my preferred shafts (Project X, C-Taper) works better. Not dissatisfied with the AWT; just have a sense that I could find a better fit.

But man, those i20s are awesome. The i200 are different in some ways -- cleaner looking at address, softer off the face, and maybe a bit heavier through the swing -- but I doubt you would see massive differences in performance. Ping irons stand the test of time.
TItleist 915 D2 10.5°
Cobra King F7 13.5°
Ping G Hybrids 17° & 22°
Srixon z565 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 54° & 60°
Ping Sigma G Kinloch

Twitter: @public_golfer

7

#8 iGuy

iGuy

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465888
  • Joined: 05/01/2017
  • Location:AZ
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 10 July 2017 - 09:56 AM

View PostGarrettFM, on 16 June 2017 - 12:05 AM, said:

My recently purchased back-up iron set (which I could very well game) is actually i20 with CFS stiff, so I could give you a pretty direct comparison. To me, the AWT feel smoother and perhaps slightly more responsive than the CFS, but in terms of weight and general stiffness, they are similar. I also like the ascending weight concept; I find the heavier shafts in the short irons particularly appealing.

That said, sometime in the next few months I will probably do some testing to see if one of my preferred shafts (Project X, C-Taper) works better. Not dissatisfied with the AWT; just have a sense that I could find a better fit.

But man, those i20s are awesome. The i200 are different in some ways -- cleaner looking at address, softer off the face, and maybe a bit heavier through the swing -- but I doubt you would see massive differences in performance. Ping irons stand the test of time.

Thank you for the great comparison of both the shafts and irons.  I really like the look of the i200 but I don't play as much as I would like and just not sure leaving my trusted i20 irons right now can be justified???
WITB: Sun Mountain 4.5 (14 div)
PING G Crossover 3, AWT 2.0 stiff (+1/2 - green dot)
PING i20 (3-PW) CFS stiff (+3/4 in - black dot)
PING Glide SS - 50 deg - CFS Stiff (+3/4 - black dot)
W/S FG Tour - 56 Deg - Tour sole design (+3/4)
PING Tomcat C 34in (black grip - heavy)
W/S Duo-Spin/Urethane

8

#9 GarrettFM

GarrettFM

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430830
  • Joined: 06/28/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 12 July 2017 - 08:36 PM

View PostiGuy, on 10 July 2017 - 09:56 AM, said:

Thank you for the great comparison of both the shafts and irons.  I really like the look of the i200 but I don't play as much as I would like and just not sure leaving my trusted i20 irons right now can be justified???

Yeah, sounds like you should keep those i20s. You trust them, and I'd say that objectively speaking, there's not a huge amount of gain to be had from replacing them with i200s. Newness, shininess, a bit more distance, slightly softer feel -- that's all. And that's not so much a slam on the i200s as a tribute to the quality of the i20s.
TItleist 915 D2 10.5°
Cobra King F7 13.5°
Ping G Hybrids 17° & 22°
Srixon z565 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 54° & 60°
Ping Sigma G Kinloch

Twitter: @public_golfer

9

#10 nztyn8666

nztyn8666

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455660
  • Joined: 02/17/2017
  • Location:Buffalo, New York
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:ngua7890
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:30 AM

View PostGarrettFM, on 02 June 2017 - 11:12 AM, said:

Bag: Sun Mountain three 5
Driver: Titleist 915 D2 10.5° (sleeve set at A2) w/ UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Green 65 S
Fairway: Cobra King F7 w/ UST Mamiya Proforce AXIVCore Green 75 S
Hybrid: Ping G 19° w/ Ping Tour 90
Irons: Ping G 4 & i200 5-UW w/ Ping AWT 2.0
Wedges: Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 54° & 60° in Tour Raw
Putter: TaylorMade Spider Tour Platinum 34" w/ SuperStroke Pistol GTR 2.0

Attachment IMG_1993.jpg

Attachment IMG_1995.jpg

Attachment IMG_1911.jpg

Attachment IMG_1171.jpg

Attachment IMG_1903.jpg

Attachment IMG_1901.jpg

Attachment IMG_1887.jpg

Attachment IMG_1976.jpg

What are your thoughts on the AXIVCore Green shaft?  I'm thinking of going that route.  Have a UST VTS Silver but since i added so much head weight the tip needs to be tipped.

Driver: ​Z545 9.5* UST VTS Silver 7S 43.75"

5W:  x2 hot 5Deep 18.5* Aldila Tour Green 75 S

Hybrid: ZH45 22* Kuro Kage HBP 70 S

Irons: 588 TT 5-PW,

Wedges: Callaway 49* 588 54* and 58*

Putter: TFi Smart Square - Halo 33"

Ball: Q Star

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 GarrettFM

GarrettFM

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430830
  • Joined: 06/28/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 22

Posted 13 July 2017 - 09:58 AM

View Postnztyn8666, on 13 July 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

What are your thoughts on the AXIVCore Green shaft?  I'm thinking of going that route.  Have a UST VTS Silver but since i added so much head weight the tip needs to be tipped.

LOVE the AXIVCore Green. Absolutely adore it. Especially in my driver, the thing is just so stable and powerful. I got it because I found out that its profile was fairly similar to those of the Graphite Design AD DI and AD TP, which I learned in a fitting were good fits for my swing. But of course those shafts are astronomically expensive, whereas you can grab AXIVCore Greens on Ebay for $60-70.

Your mileage may vary, of course.
TItleist 915 D2 10.5°
Cobra King F7 13.5°
Ping G Hybrids 17° & 22°
Srixon z565 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 54° & 60°
Ping Sigma G Kinloch

Twitter: @public_golfer

11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors