Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Club Distance Questions College Age Golfer

Club Distance Clubs Distance Driver Driver Distance

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 madamsgolf239

madamsgolf239

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464676
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:19 AM

Hi All,

Newcomer to forums here, first post, though I have read a great deal. I am a 20 year old 0.7 Handicap Golfer and was curious as to why my driver distance tends to fall in comparison with my other clubs' distances. My irons and Hybrid/Wood are on par with tour averages, I will list them for you here below:
PW-4 Iron Starting at 150 Yards and going up 9.5 Yards
PW 150
9 Iron 160
8 Iron 169
7 Iron 179
6 Iron 188
5 Iron 198
4 Iron 207
4 Hybrid (Same loft, RBZ Stage 2 Tour goes much further than iron) 225
3 Wood (RBZ Stage 2 Again) 245-255
Driver 260 (New M1)

Now, I am hitting it further with my recently purchased m1, probably closer to a 275 average, however I was just curious as to if there is a reason I simply just don't get the distance out of the driver as I do the other clubs? As stated before, those distances are relatively on par with PGA Tour averages, until getting to the driver. Would this be a certain type of swing that I have causing it? Any input much appreciated, this is a great community. Thanks!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 McCann1

McCann1

Tour Player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410936
  • Ebay ID:igolfandguitar
GolfWRX Likes : 1477

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

Well PGA tour averages also have rock hard fairways to make guys hit it obscene distances. 275 is not bad at all
Enjoy the chase.

#3 Shambles

Shambles

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,423 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 105681
GolfWRX Likes : 648

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:05 AM

It's not all that strange for a player to have a club that fails to perform as the rest of the bag. Sometimes it's more than one. I suggest you check the club measurements as to lie angle, actual loft and shaft length. Likewise, see if the shaft flex suits you pr is off by just a little. Sometimes we just can't feel it though more often we can. If none of these things are wrong, look for a club that feels more right.

New guys don't always progress equally or evenly. Trust me but there really are times the guy's mind is wrong and gets even more wrong with a club. Not much can be done about that but to go through the numbers and steps and look for the wrong.

Shambles

#4 ANG

ANG

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56932
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:58 AM

Do you know what your attack angle for your driver is? You should be much longer with your driver. If you have a descending angle with your driver it will cause more backspin with causes less distance. Tour avg for the driver is like +2.  Daniel Berger weighs like 150 pounds but his attack angle is +4.
old saying is hit down on your irons and up with your driver.

#5 McCann1

McCann1

Tour Player

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 410936
  • Ebay ID:igolfandguitar
GolfWRX Likes : 1477

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostANG, on 03 June 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

Do you know what your attack angle for your driver is? You should be much longer with your driver. If you have a descending angle with your driver it will cause more backspin with causes less distance. Tour avg for the driver is like +2.  Daniel Berger weighs like 150 pounds but his attack angle is +4.
the tour average is actually around -1 and Berger weighs 175 pounds

Enjoy the chase.

#6 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 860

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostMcCann1, on 05 June 2017 - 06:42 PM, said:

View PostANG, on 03 June 2017 - 08:58 AM, said:

the tour average is actually around -1 and Berger weighs 175 pounds

This is true.  Brandel Chamblee was actually correct with his Twitter argument with Rory.  Tour average attack angle with driver is -1.3.

https://blog.trackma...age-tour-stats/

Also tagged with Club Distance, Clubs, Distance, Driver, Driver Distance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors