Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

MEMBER TESTING: Golf Pride ALIGN Technology Grips! See What Members Are Saying!

34 replies to this topic

#1 knudson81

knudson81

My WITB is $100 but my swing is $.50

• ClubWRX Media Staffer
  • 2,633 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23000
GolfWRX Likes : 696

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:45 AM

testing_golfpride.jpg

5 GolfWRX Members are testing the new Golf Pride ALIGN Technology MCC Plus4 grips!  Read their reviews below.

Our 5 Testers are...
mjwidell
vsabre
radiman
Damenace613
fore_life

Edited by knudson81, 13 June 2017 - 07:16 AM.

I measure myself against other golfers by height, I'm 5'9"

Posted ImagePosted Image

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56856
GolfWRX Likes : 298

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:39 AM

Initial Thoughts and Installation:

First of all, I want to thank GolfWRX and Golf Pride for trusting me to give these grips a thorough testing.  This will be my first official site review of anything, so I hope to relay my thoughts clearly and provide some insight into these grips.  You'll have to bare with me.  Reviewing a shaft, ball, or club head, one can use statistical analysis to determine performance differences.  In terms of a grip, you're just going to have to live with my thoughts and opinions :)

A little about me, I am 35 and have been playing golf for around 20 years.  I currently hold a 4.9 GHIN and this year has seen it trend up.  I have been as low as a 2.  I have had my fair share of experience with the Golf Pride New Decade grip going back to when they were first introduced.  I have always liked a cord grip and saw it as a great blend of both worlds.  I played NDMC up until I received my Ping i20 irons with the ID8 cord grip.  That is my first real experience with a ribbed grip. I liked them so much that I stuck with them.  I installed them on all of my clubs, Ping or not.  It was just an added safety for alignment.  I found it much more reassuring to just grip my club and know exactly where the club face was without having to visually line it up.  I don't ground the club when I grip, so a subtle reminder down the back of the grip made a world of difference.  Not only were they comfortable grips, they held up like no one's business.  I feel like I could get at least twice as much life out of the grip as anything else I've ever played.  Especially the NDMC.  While a superb grip, I am sure you have all run into it.  The bottom part gets worn down pretty quickly and becomes slippery.  Although, there are a lot of times where I didn't own a club long enough to require a re-grip, it was still hard to stomach $13+ a club whenever it came due.

As others have posted, Golf Pride sent a pretty sweet care package.  Not only did we receive the 4 grips as promised.  We also got a sweet t-shirt, towel, and SNSR putter grip.

Posted Image

Aesthetics:  

As you can see, the grips look pretty cool.  I have always like the look of the NDMC.  Especially the newer MCC +4.  The red strip down the back of the grip does a nice job of highlighting the ridge.  The red accents on the grip are a nice touch as well.  While I do like a plain old black grip, I dig the subtle color way of the Align grip.

MCC +4 Align:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ping ID8:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Installation:

Installation was as simple as any other grip.  No real issues there.  The only thing to note was ensuring that the reminder stayed straight.  I put a couple extra wraps under my grips and I felt like everytime I made an adjustment, I had to turn the grip over to straighten out the reminder again.

Feel:

In regards to feel, it can be so subjective.  I can only speak to what I perceive as a noticeable difference.  With the Ping ID8, the rib is most definitely underneath the grip (or so it feels to me).  It feels like there is a ridge under the rubber that is forcing the grip to make a slight v shape along the bottom.  Definitely not the case with the Golf Pride Align.  It feels like it is ever so slightly raised on the outside of the grip.  Giving you the feel of the ridge but maintaining the roundness of the grip.  It feels more like a texture difference than a raised ridge.  While holding the Align before installation, the grip felt no different than any other MCC +4 I've ever held.  But, once the shaft was inserted, it was a different story.

I tried to see if I could capture the rib from the Ping grip, but had no such luck.  Either way, the below pic gives a good example of the overall texture of the grip.  The Ping cord feels to me like it protrudes more than the cord from the Align grip.

Posted Image
Will I switch the rest of my grips?

So far, I find it a nice change to what I have been using.  If my back cooperates, I will be getting out to play 9 holes after work tomorrow.  So far I have changed the grip on the driver and will be following that up with my 7 or 8 iron (going to mentally take inventory and put it on the club I think I'll hit the most tomorrow).  Then will be either my hybrid or 3 wood and one of my wedges.  I carry a 64 degree wedge that I open up all the time around the greens.  I think I will put it on that so I can give some feedback on using the grip with an open clubface.

It just so happens that I purchased a new set of irons, so new grips are definitely in my future.  I am realistic and don't expect the Aligns to be a game changer for me.  But, if they can provide that reassurance in my alignment, they'll definitely have a good chance to dethrone the Ping ID8 as my favorite grip.

Edited by radiman, 14 June 2017 - 10:29 PM.

Epic SZ 10.5 w/Graphite Design AD TP 6X
BBA 815 3 Wood Stock Speeder 665x
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64
All crammed in my Ping Hoofer

#3 bigjohntripod

bigjohntripod

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445466
  • Handicap:400
GolfWRX Likes : 86

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:47 AM

Are they making these in midsize?
Taylormade - Driver M2
Taylormade - 3W M2
Taylormade - H M2
Taylormade - P770 3 - PW
Taylormade - 50* - 56* - 60*
Putter --- Always changing

#4 Damenace613

Damenace613

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345633
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 13 June 2017 - 07:48 AM

I'm scheduled​ to receive them tomorrow so will provide feedback then. Looking forward to it!

EDIT (6/15/17) to include review:

IMG_20170614_204904.jpg

Thanks to Golf Pride and GolfWRX for this opportunity to review the MCC Plus4 Align grips! Also, special thanks to Golf Pride for the extra goodies (handwritten note, tshirt - although it's way too big for me!; the towel; and of course, the Tour SNSR Straight putter grip)

About me: I just turned 36 this week and I've been playing golf about 20 years. Ever since I've discovered GolfWRX, it's been addicting in terms of discovering new equipment, buying and selling items (more than I care to admit), and sharing the passion with others. It was a big surprise when I got a PM that I was chosen to review the new GP grips. I probably don't get out to play as much as I'd like with young children, but my handicap is 7.0 right now.

Installation: I hate to admit but I didn't install the grips myself. I know it's something every golfer should learn how to do, so instead I watched them carefully as a local shop installed the new grips :D

Clubs chosen and why:
  • Driver: My miss is typically a hook due to overactive hands. I figured this would be a good opportunity to see if using the Plus4 technology would benefit. In addition, the new ALIGN technology would insure that my grip wasn't too strong.
  • 5 iron: This is my "go to club" if I need to lay up on a par 5 to get into good position for my 3rd shot.
  • 8 iron: I use this club for various distances which can be varied by swing length but many times it requires me to choke up on the club.
  • PW: I was going to put it onto my GW, but that's in limbo right now after selling off my Vokeys so this will need to do.
Initial impressions:
I don't wear gloves so feel is important for me with grips. I've tried various types of manufacturers in the past (Lamkin, Winn, Iomic, and Golf Pride). This is the first ribbed grip that I've used, so looking forward to the longer term impressions in terms of durability, tackiness, and overall feel. First off, the red ALIGN is discrete and I feel it the most on the first two fingers of the bottom hand. The grip is softer than it appears, which is a good thing. Tackiness is middle of the road as well. Compared to my existing grips (which include Lamkin and Winn Dri-Tac), it has more texture but not as soft and tacky. The softness is personal preference so I'll hold off judgement until I'm able to actually use them on the course.

I will see if I could hit the range tomorrow and out for a round this weekend for more impressions. With that being said, I already want to put them on all my wedges (once I figure out which ones!) mainly due to the Plus4; however, based on my conversation with the shop who installed my grips this is back ordered and many shops are still waiting for them to be back in stock.

IMG_20170615_215337.jpg IMG_20170615_215350.jpg IMG_20170614_205003.jpg IMG_20170614_205022.jpg

If there are any questions or looking for additional feedback, then feel free to ask away. I will update this post as I get an opportunity to hit some balls and get a round or two under my belt.

EDIT (6/17/17): First round
The ALIGN technology is definitely very subtle and gives a gentle reminder but nothing over the top. The grips are not overly soft and had enough tackiness during my round (warmer weather this weekend). As a reminder, I don't wear a glove so if it's too slick then that's not helpful to me. After my first round, I am still on board to switch out the grips on all my wedges as I had a few shots with the PW and I enjoyed it.

Edited by Damenace613, 17 June 2017 - 04:45 PM.

Driver: Revolving Door
TaylorMade (2016) M1 15.5*

TaylorMade (2016) M2 18*
TaylorMade RSi2 4-PW KBS Tour 120S
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50* and 54*

Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 58*
Taylormade Spider Tour Black

#5 vsabre

vsabre

• 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102604
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:00 AM

Box arrives from Golf Pride last Thursday, what could it possibly be??

20170608_152950.jpg

Nothing but Golf Pride goodness!!

4 MCC Plus4 Align Grips
1 Tour SNSR Straight Putter Grip
1 Golf Pride Tour Towel
1 Golf Pride T-Shirt
1 Handwritten Thank You Note from Bruce at Golf Pride thanking us for reviewing the product

20170608_153304.jpg

The test equipment with the Plus4 Align grips installed. Tried to vary the clubs by use and put the grips on a 913 Titleist Driver, an Adams Pro Gold Hybrid and a Scratch 1018 54* Wedge. I've saved one grip for my Ping IBlades when the existing MCC's on those irons show wear, just didn't have the heart to tear off one of the new MCCs for this review.

20170612_130723.jpg

20170612_130903 (1).jpg

About me: 59 years old and been playing since I was 7. Played D3 College for 4 years and PGA Assistant Pro for 6 years before leaving for the business world. Hit balls about 3 times a week now and play 5-6 times a month. Very much into all things GolfWrx and stay on top of all the club, tech and instruction trends. Probably on this website 10-15 times a day...well maybe 15-20 :wave:

Installation: Couldn't have been easier and Plus4 Aligns went on smooth as silk. It's important to keep an eye on the front and back of the grip as you're tweaking once it's on the club. Want to make sure the red alignment on the back of the grip is straight and feel right in your fingers. Once installed the red ridge is very subtle and only raised slightly. The lower portion that simulates 4 additional wraps is also subtle and just has a really softer feel on the lower hand. It doesn't feel out of place at all if you would compare it to a regular MCC grip.

Review: Another great grip in the MCC line. Starting out with cord grips in the 70's, then Velvet Victory up until the MCCs, it's amazing how far these products have evolved. The Plus4 Aligns feel great in the hands and the combination of the rear alignment ridge and softer feel in the lower hand seem to work very well together. It seems to initiate a softer grip pressure for me in all the clubs I tested them with, and was particularly effective in my Scratch Wedge where lighter grip pressure ( particularly in the right hand with the simulated extra 4 wraps) is critical for all those shots around the green. I'll be replacing all my wedge grips with the Plus4 Aligns this week.

Many. many thanks to Golf Pride and GolfWrx for the opportunity to review. Now how to get the SNSR Putter Grip away from my wife's putter!

Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Cobra Fly Z+ Aldila Tour Green S 10* Weight Back
Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
Scratch 1018 Forged 50* DD
Scratch 1018 Forged 54* DD
Nike Engage 60*
Scotty Cameron Golo 6

#6 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 13 June 2017 - 10:45 AM

View Postvsabre, on 13 June 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

Box arrives from Golf Pride last Thursday, what could it possibly be??

Attachment 20170608_152950.jpg

Nothing but Golf Pride goodness!!

4 MCC Plus4 Align Grips
1 Tour SNSR Straight Putter Grip
1 Golf Pride Tour Towel
1 Golf Pride T-Shirt
1 Handwritten Thank You Note from Bruce at Golf Pride thanking us for reviewing the product

Attachment 20170608_153304.jpg

The test equipment with the Plus4 Align grips installed. Tried to vary the clubs by use and put the grips on a 913 Titleist Driver, an Adams Pro Gold Hybrid and a Scratch 1018 54* Wedge. I've saved one grip for my Ping IBlades when the existing MCC's on those irons show wear, just didn't have the heart to tear off one of the new MCCs for this review.

Attachment 20170612_130723.jpg

Attachment 20170612_130903 (1).jpg

About me: 59 years old and been playing since I was 7. Played D3 College for 4 years and PGA Assistant Pro for 6 years before leaving for the business world. Hit balls about 3 times a week now and play 5-6 times a month. Very much into all things GolfWrx and stay on top of all the club, tech and instruction trends. Probably on this website 10-15 times a day...well maybe 15-20 :wave:

Installation: Couldn't have been easier and Plus4 Aligns went on smooth as silk. It's important to keep an eye on the front and back of the grip as you're tweaking once it's on the club. Want to make sure the red alignment on the back of the grip is straight and feel right in your fingers. Once installed the red ridge is very subtle and only raised slightly. The lower portion that simulates 4 additional wraps is also subtle and just has a really softer feel on the lower hand. It doesn't feel out of place at all if you would compare it to a regular MCC grip.

Review: Another great grip in the MCC line. Starting out with cord grips in the 70's, then Velvet Victory up until the MCCs, it's amazing how far these products have evolved. The Plus4 Aligns feel great in the hands and the combination of the rear alignment ridge and softer feel in the lower hand seem to work very well together. It seems to initiate a softer grip pressure for me in all the clubs I tested them with, and was particularly effective in my Scratch Wedge where lighter grip pressure ( particularly in the right hand with the simulated extra 4 wraps) is critical for all those shots around the green. I'll be replacing all my wedge grips with the Plus4 Aligns this week.

Many. many thanks to Golf Pride and GolfWrx for the opportunity to review. Now how to get the SNSR Putter Grip away from my wife's putter!

Cool!  I have been eyeing that putter grip for a while.  Once my SS loses it's tackiness, this was on the short list to replace it.  I dig the shirt and towel too!
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#7 mjwidell

mjwidell

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6181
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 13 June 2017 - 01:52 PM

UPDATED 6/26 - WILL POST PLAYING REVIEW AFTER THREE ROUNDS TOMORROW

First of all, as a member since the early days in 2005, I've entered countless giveaways to no avail. Imagine the awesome surprise that was a DM from knudson81 letting me and the others that we've won! Big thanks to GolfWRX and Golf Pride for giving us the opportunity to test out the new Align grips! As a dedicated Golf Pride customer for my entire golfing career - currently using MCC+4 Midsize - this was right up my alley! :D

ABOUT ME
I started golfing in college and have spent the last 20 years obsessed with the game. When I joined this site 12 years ago, it took that obsession one step further and birthed an unending interest in all things golf equipment. Like many others on this site, I've long lost count of how many sets of clubs I've owned but can certainly say I've pretty much owned every club that's garnered any bit of attention on this site. In regards to my game, I've seen my handicap goes as low as +2.4, but now with kids, I'm fighting to stay on the plus side of things but am trending towards scratch. I am very much a feel player...if I don't like the way something looks or feels, it's a non-starter.

My interest in grips really started with Tiger Woods. His entrance onto the golf scene really caused me to start paying attention to what equipment he was using. Thus, when I picked up my first set of 'player irons', Titleist 981 Golds (I thought I was so cool), I was stoked to see they were gripped with Tour Velvets. I may not have been able to play the blades he played, but could at least have the same grips (the Tiger Effect was real). I've tried other brands, but always come back to Golf Pride. Once the NDMC came out, it was game over. I've not wavered on brands since then.

I currently have all my clubs gripped with MCC+4 Midsize. While the Midsize MCC+4s with ALIGN aren't released yet, I've built my grips up to be as similar as possible.

ARRIVAL
What better surprise then to come home and see this?

Posted Image

As others have documented, it was really cool of the Golf Pride gang to throw in some extra goodies (including a hand-written note...nice touch)! From a first impressions standpoint, the thing that made me most excited was the towel. I was pumped for the ALIGN grips, the Tour SNSR Straight, and the tshirt but my Player's Towel had run its course and I needed a replacement. :good:

Posted Image

FIRST IMPRESSIONS
As others have mentioned, two things immediately stick out about the ALIGN grip:

1. You don't feel the reminder at all when not installed, but once you do, it feels just like a ribbed grip
2. When installing the grips, or having you club builder install them, it is critical to keep the reminder straight. I know this sounds obvious, but unless you are staring at the underside, everything logo up can look great. Then once you turn the club over, the reminder is cockeyed.

Posted Image

I've only ever had one club with a ribbed grip and that is a Callaway X-14 Pro 1 iron. While I never play it (just keep it to say I have a 1 iron), I do often swing it, so I'm familiar with the feel associated with a reminder. The raised ridge reminder in the ALIGN grips feels exactly the same as a traditional ribbed grip and certainly conveys a confidence when it fits in the crook of your fingers. As advertised, it's very easy to know when the club is sitting square in your hands.

I had the grips installed on my driver, driving iron, gap wedge, and lob wedge. My thought process was that if the grip worked for the top and bottom of my bag, the middle section would be a no brainer. Also, I really wanted to put these grips to the test with respect to wedges. Others have asked on this thread how the reminder would effect feel when playing the club in an open position.

PLAYING REVIEW :yahoo:
Here's where the rubber meets the road. I've now put three rounds under my belt with these grips. And I really like them!

Coming from MCC+4s, I'm already familiar with the overall feel of the grip, but I wasn't quite sure what the adjustment period would be with the ALIGN reminder. It literally took me a few balls on the range...that was it. Though I've never thought about using ribbed grips before, I get why people prefer them. They provide that slight confidence booster that the club is exactly square in your hands. The way the rib fits in the crook of your fingers when gripping is very comfortable. It's funny how muscle memory works because after hitting multiple balls with a club that had the ALIGN reminder, I could've sworn the rest of them did.

My biggest concern, going into this test, was how the rib would feel when playing with my wedges. Quite honestly, I thought it was going to be a problem. After my first short game session and then playing a round, it became clear that I actually prefer ribbed grips over normal grips especially in my wedges. Why? The rib provides a no brainer way to lock in various positions of an open clubface. Let me explain.

If the rib running down the back of the grip is 6 o'clock and dead square, 7 o'clock opens the clubface a quarter and sets itself up for a lot of my half swings. 8 o'clock opens the clubface even further and sets the club in the flop shot position. Between the 6/7/8 o'clock positions in my hand, I really felt dialed in with my wedges. It creates a fool proof way to ensure the same position time and time again.

CONCLUSION
As I first mentioned, I'm a Golf Pride guy. I loved the NDMC. I felt like they made it even better with the release of the MCC+4. Now adding the ALIGN reminder, I feel like they took a great thing and stepped it up another notch. All in all, I'm ready to make the switch. The only hesitancy I have to making a full bag conversion is simply the fact that the midsize isn't in stores yet. Though a regular size grip built up feels similar to the midsize, it's never the same. Once they are released, I'll make the switch.

I never thought I'd be a ribbed guy (insert Trojan joke), but count me in as a convert.

Thank you Golf Pride and GolfWRX for this opportunity!

Edited by mjwidell, 28 June 2017 - 12:48 AM.

TM M2 '16 TI 9.5* Tensei Pro Orange v2
TM M2 '16 TI 16.5 GD AD DI Black 8X
Srixon U45 18* Tour V 120X
Z745 4-6, Z945 7-PW Modus 125X
Cleveland 588 TZG 52*/RTX 2.0 60*W S400
TM Spider Slant

#8 fore_life

fore_life

Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1879

Posted 14 June 2017 - 09:53 AM

Received my package yesterday, perfect timing too since I've got a golf trip this weekend, will probably play 100 holes in 2 days, full review will be posted up on Monday!

Thanks golfwrx and golf pride, off to tinker in the garage!
Cant figure out driver yet, testing....
      txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 8x
      RSI TP 3-pw txxx x100's
      taylormade xft 51/55/60
      OdysseyTi Hot limited
                WITB Link

#9 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:35 AM

I received my box yesterday afternoon.  Was only home for a few minutes so I didn't have any time to take pictures.  Will go through it tonight and get the grips installed and post my initial thoughts.  I threw my back out on Monday but am making good progress.  So, I may be able to actually play in league tomorrow and get some on course experience with them.  To be honest, I'm most excited to try out the putter grip :)
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#10 cooperk25

cooperk25

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378842
  • Handicap:yes
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 14 June 2017 - 04:59 PM

Vsabre, is there any issue when opening up the club face of the wedge?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 vsabre

vsabre

• 144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102604
GolfWRX Likes : 47

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:18 PM

View Postcooperk25, on 14 June 2017 - 04:59 PM, said:

Vsabre, is there any issue when opening up the club face of the wedge?

None that I noticed. When I played with it last weekend, there were a lot of into the grain chip shots off of tight Bermuda lies where it had to be opened and no issues. Same with 1 or 2 bunker shots where I used the 54* and had it laid wide open. The ridge is really not noticeable and not much different if you had just picked the grip up off a shelf in the store, uninstalled.
Trackman SS-97 GolfWrx SS-110

Cobra Fly Z+ Aldila Tour Green S 10* Weight Back
Cobra King F7 Fujikura Pro 65 S 14.5* Weight Forward
Ping I Blades 4-PW S300 + 1/2 Red Dot
Scratch 1018 Forged 50* DD
Scratch 1018 Forged 54* DD
Nike Engage 60*
Scotty Cameron Golo 6

#12 DNice26

DNice26

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
GolfWRX Likes : 718

Posted 14 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

Nice, congrats fellas.  I put the +4 aligns on my 770s and I really like them.  I'm thinking of trying the standard version on my 5 wood and hybrid.  Great grips.
Ping G 10.5 w/Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade M2 (2016) wood (18)
Ping iBlade 4-PW. Modus 125X
TaylorMade MG 50 Modus 125X, 54 & 58 S400
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

#13 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:31 PM

Alright, I updated my first post to reflect my initial thoughts on the grips.  As long as my back is up to it, I should get some on course feedback tomorrow.  I will let you guys know what my thoughts are either tomorrow evening, or I'll type them up Friday morning.
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#14 mjwidell

mjwidell

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  

Posted 14 June 2017 - 10:58 PM

View Postbigjohntripod, on 13 June 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Are they making these in midsize?

As far as I understand, they will make the midsize, but only standard are currently available.
TM Spider Slant

#15 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 15 June 2017 - 09:23 AM

I got a hair and installed the SNSR grip they sent last night as well.  Any of you other guys try it out yet?

Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#16 DNice26

DNice26

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,604 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
GolfWRX Likes : 718

Posted 15 June 2017 - 11:44 AM

Golf Pride....if you are reading this - get it together and get these grips into stores!

Just went to a local PGA SS and Golf Galaxy and neither one had the standard MCC Align (non +4 version).

Not sure what the deal is there....
Ping G 10.5 w/Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade M2 (2016) wood (18)
Ping iBlade 4-PW. Modus 125X
TaylorMade MG 50 Modus 125X, 54 & 58 S400
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

#17 fore_life

fore_life

Swung too hard, hit it too pure.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,012 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59484
  • Handicap:+0.8
GolfWRX Likes : 1879

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:18 AM

View Postradiman, on 15 June 2017 - 09:23 AM, said:

I got a hair and installed the SNSR grip they sent last night as well.  Any of you other guys try it out yet?

I put mine on yesterday but have only carpet putted, but so far the feel is pretty rad, I like the shape and tackiness
Cant figure out driver yet, testing....
      txxx burner 2.0 13.5 UST Attas 8x
      RSI TP 3-pw txxx x100's
      taylormade xft 51/55/60
      OdysseyTi Hot limited
                WITB Link

#18 Damenace613

Damenace613

• 227 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 01:17 AM

I've got it installed on my putter also but haven't taken it out on the course yet.

I've edited post #4 with my thoughts.

TaylorMade (2016) M2 18*

#19 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:00 AM

View PostDamenace613, on 16 June 2017 - 01:17 AM, said:

I've got it installed on my putter also but haven't taken it out on the course yet.

I've edited post #4 with my thoughts.

I didn't get out to the course last night unfortunately. Decided to give my back a little more time to recoup.  The putter grip is interesting.  Coming from a SS Flatso, it definitely isn't as wide and is much squichier if that makes sense.  I do like how it fits in my hands.
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#20 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:03 AM

Since I didn't get out to the course, I did some light swinging in my living room last night to loosen up my back a little bit.  Now that the grips are dry, I have to say I am a huge fan.  The ridge on the bottom definitely adds a different texture than what I'm used to with the MCC+4.  The ridge is more defined than a typical ribbed grip, but at the same time it doesn't stick out too far.  You can tell it's there, but the grip still feels round.  I really don't know what else they could do to improve the design.  It just flat out feels great in the hands.

Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Damenace613

Damenace613

• 227 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:05 AM

View Postradiman, on 16 June 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

I didn't get out to the course last night unfortunately. Decided to give my back a little more time to recoup.  The putter grip is interesting.  Coming from a SS Flatso, it definitely isn't as wide and is much squichier if that makes sense.  I do like how it fits in my hands.

It's definitely a soft grip and square shaped in the hands. I was talking to the folks in the shop about the grip to see if they had tried them. Most of them did but didn't stick with them because they felt it was too soft. One went to go as far as saying that he could feel the torque from each putt. Either he wasn't hitting the sweet spot much or he's super sensitive!

TaylorMade (2016) M2 18*

#22 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 16 June 2017 - 08:50 AM

View PostDamenace613, on 16 June 2017 - 08:05 AM, said:

View Postradiman, on 16 June 2017 - 08:00 AM, said:

It's definitely a soft grip and square shaped in the hands. I was talking to the folks in the shop about the grip to see if they had tried them. Most of them did but didn't stick with them because they felt it was too soft. One went to go as far as saying that he could feel the torque from each putt. Either he wasn't hitting the sweet spot much or he's super sensitive!

I believe it.  I had it in my hands last night and I could easily twist the grip with some light pressure.  I like the softness and am interested to see if it helps with my grip pressure.
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#23 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

So, my back was feeling much better today so I actually got 18 in this morning. OK the course, with a glove on, and without focusing on the Align stripe, it was barely noticeable. In fact, on my glove hand, I couldn't really feel it at all. On my right hand I could tell it was there and I used it as a guide for the crease of my fingers.

I think what I like most about the grip is the subtleness of the Align stripe. It gives the smoother lower section some additional abrasiveness while giving a slight guide for my fingers.

While opening the face, the ridge is subtle enough to nitty be a distraction. But, I'm also used to a ribbed grip, so no surprise there.

I even had a few guys all about them. Once they held it in their hand, they all said the same thing. "Wow, I really like the feel of these."

I think I will slowly change out all my grips to the MCC +4 Aligns. There are a few clubs in the bag that have relatively new grips that I'll probably leave for a while.

Now the putter grip on the other hand, I don't know that I'm sold on. While a fantastic grip in its own right, I found it maybe a little too squishy. Plus I'm coming from a 2.0 Flatso, so there was a size adjustment. By the ends of the round, I was putting pretty well with it. My distance control was pretty good with it. I felt like my longer putts ended up closer than normal, but I felt a little shaky on the shorter ones due to the slimmer design.

It'll start in the bag a while longer to see if the results continue to improve.

If anyone has any questions, fire away. Or send me a PM.

Edited by radiman, 18 June 2017 - 04:40 PM.

Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#24 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 18 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

I'd be curious if anyone else is trying these after playing a ribbed grip in the past. How do you find they compare?
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#25 mjwidell

mjwidell

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  

Posted 27 June 2017 - 01:13 AM

I've played these grips for three rounds now and will post my impressions tomorrow. Specifically, I'll address the folks who have asked about how it feels in an open position when using wedges.

TM Spider Slant

#26 Dirtydawg67

Dirtydawg67

Rookie

• 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95376
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:poquer331
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 27 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

I'm not a tester here, but I decided to make the switch to MCC+4 Align about a month ago. I've been playing the original NDMC's for years and decided to give these a shot primarily due to the new factor and having complete confidence with what Golf Pride brings to the table.

First off, I've always had somewhat of a shut face at impact and have been told I'd be a good fit for the +4 tech. I've played 6 or 7 rounds of golf and had a couple practice sessions with the Align grips. I love the feel of the actual grip and don't mind the rib, or Align, technology. It definitely feels different, but different can be good in golf.

My issue is that I've started hitting a lot of weak toe flairs as my miss. My prior miss before was an overdraw, but now it's these weak, toe shots. As a result, I'm hitting fewer greens and having to rely on my wedges.

However, I'm hitting some good chips and pitches around the greens, both open and square faced, with my Align'd 60*. I'm even hitting some great bunker shots with the same club, but just not getting it done with the other irons consistently. Do I still hit some good shots? Definitely, but those weak toe flairs creep in. I need to hop in Flightscope to see what the face is doing at impact. It certainly could be a swing flaw, but I just find it odd that they've started now.

For now, I'm going to switch back to NDMC and add a couple extra wraps.

Edited by Dirtydawg67, 27 June 2017 - 12:32 PM.

#27 TollBros

TollBros

Overseer of the Test Range

• Sponsors
  • 1,989 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
GolfWRX Likes : 1457

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:24 AM

Anyone know if they have these in midsize yet? I can't seem to find them.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

#28 radiman

radiman

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,179 posts
  •  

Posted 28 June 2017 - 10:32 AM

View PostTollBros, on 28 June 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

I haven't seen any.  I can't find them online either.
Mizuno MP-15 4-PW S300
Callaway MD3 52, 58, 64

#29 Dirtydawg67

Dirtydawg67

Rookie

• 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95376
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:poquer331
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:50 AM

View PostTollBros, on 28 June 2017 - 10:24 AM, said:

The golf galaxy near me had them a month ago when the MCC+4 were released. They didn't have many, but had a ton of the regular size. The regular MCC Align are supposed to start showing up pretty soon.

#30 mjwidell

mjwidell

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 742 posts
  •  

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

Haven't heard anything directly from Golf Pride yet on 'in store dates' but saw on their IG yesterday that they regripped a Tour Pro's complete bag in midsize. A bunch of us commented asking when they'd bring them to the consumer. As I said in my review, once they do, I'm a full convert!

TM Spider Slant

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors