Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Tour issue 2017 M2 v2 (xxkxx) serial


79 replies to this topic

#1 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 27 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

Saw a hot melt video with will peoples he was talking about m2 2017 (v2) with a k in the serial , can someone add some detail???

Thanks

Edited by drbonesvt, 27 May 2017 - 07:56 AM.

M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 AusGolfer88

AusGolfer88

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386856
  • Joined: 07/20/2015
  • Location:Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

Saw this aswell. Would love to know more!!

2

#3 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:40 PM

Allegedly, the head was slightly redesigned to look more like the old M2.  I'm not sure if that is true or not.  From, the pictures I have seen it looks like a '17 M2.  I suspect the internals were changed in some way or another.
Taylormade M2 10.5 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 S Flex
Taylormade M2 Tour 15 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade M2 19 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 80 S Flex
Taylormade M2 22 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 90 S Flex
PXG 0311T Xtreme Dark 4-PW Irons with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
PXG 0311T Xtreme Dark Sugar Daddy Milled Wedge 50/10 with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
PXG 0311T Darkness Milled Wedges 55/12 and 60/08 with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang putter
Taylormade TP5x golf ball

3

#4 willpeoples

willpeoples

    THE WILL PEOPLES!

  • ClubWRX Sponsor
  • 2,563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 53003
  • Joined: 04/05/2008
  • Location:Western North Carolina
  • Ebay ID:www.thepeoplesclubs.com
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 30 May 2017 - 05:48 AM

Correct from what I was told they weren't getting the feedback they wanted out of the 2017 M2 so they redid them.  Not exactly sure what changes they made to them but correct definitely something with the internals.  Ill try to find out some more info this week.
Will Peoples
The Peoples Clubs
www.thepeoplesclubs.com
https://www.instagram.com/thepeoplesclubs
https://www.facebook.com/thepeoplesclubs

4

#5 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:33 AM

 willpeoples, on 30 May 2017 - 05:48 AM, said:

Correct from what I was told they weren't getting the feedback they wanted out of the 2017 M2 so they redid them.  Not exactly sure what changes they made to them but correct definitely something with the internals.  Ill try to find out some more info this week.

Thanks Will

M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

5

#6 lefty88

lefty88

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240357
  • Joined: 03/23/2013
  • Location:San Francisco
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:20 AM

I wish i had more information for you guys, but one of the guys i play with is on staff with TM. He has been experimenting with new drivers recently and the m2 he received from TM sounds significantly different than the 17 m2 I purchased. It sounds hotmelted, but havnt had a chance to take a closer look. It most certainly is much quieter off the face than mine

6

#7 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:09 AM

 lefty88, on 30 May 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

I wish i had more information for you guys, but one of the guys i play with is on staff with TM. He has been experimenting with new drivers recently and the m2 he received from TM sounds significantly different than the 17 m2 I purchased. It sounds hotmelted, but havnt had a chance to take a closer look. It most certainly is much quieter off the face than mine

K in the serial , possibly could have been hot melted?
M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

7

#8 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:03 AM

Just an FYI, they have hit retail shelves as well.  Saw them at a Dicks in Cleveland last Tuesday.

xxKxxx in the Serial & the actual painting of the serial is noticeably different.  Didn't have time to hit one to see if it has really changed.

Edited by ignitewvu, 30 May 2017 - 11:09 AM.

M2v2 9.5 Fubuki K 70S
M2 DF Proto (2016) 16.5 Diamana S+ Limited 80S
TI Adams Red Hybrid 18 Matrix Hq3 S
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
Bridgestone J15MB 5-PW DG AMTS300
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Bobby Grace AMG Fat Lady Swings
Bridgestone B330S

8

#9 lefty88

lefty88

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240357
  • Joined: 03/23/2013
  • Location:San Francisco
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:12 PM

 drbonesvt, on 30 May 2017 - 10:09 AM, said:

 lefty88, on 30 May 2017 - 09:20 AM, said:

I wish i had more information for you guys, but one of the guys i play with is on staff with TM. He has been experimenting with new drivers recently and the m2 he received from TM sounds significantly different than the 17 m2 I purchased. It sounds hotmelted, but havnt had a chance to take a closer look. It most certainly is much quieter off the face than mine

K in the serial , possibly could have been hot melted?

will have to check the serial # next time we play. He is on staff with TM so assuming its all tour issue quality.

9

#10 swanry30

swanry30

    Lights Out

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 4,133 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14598
  • Joined: 05/07/2006
  • Location:PDX
  • Ebay ID:swanry30
GolfWRX Likes : 777

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:40 AM

without a doubt hotmelting a head to SW changes the acoustics significantly.  i have a few tour heads in my collection - one 2017 K serial - one non K.  both sound look and perform very well...  i prefer the shape of the 2017 m2 to the 2016 (currently have both).

TaylorMade | 2017 M1 TOUR 9.9* 460 | PX 6.5 HZRDUS "Hand Crafted" T1100 75g
TaylorMade | 2017 M2 TOUR 15* | PX 6.5 HZRDUS "Hand Crafted" BLACK 85g
HYBRID | TBD
TaylorMade | P750 Tour Proto 3-PW | PX 6.5
Vokey | Wedge Works RAW 54 S grind - 58 M grind | PX 6.5
Odyssey | O-WORKS 2BALL | SUPER STROKE CounterCore Pistol GT Tour 1.0 - 34"
TaylorMade | TP5x


WITB Link

instagram | @ryan.swanberg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Milez28

Milez28

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349951
  • Joined: 11/26/2014
  • Location:TX
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:22 PM

I went to GG today and picked out a k serial along with non k serial and confirmed they do sound different.

Too close to tell for sure but it also looked like the "K-type" has a deeper face also. (Non k looked more shallow comparing them side by side)

I gave the manager both and asked if he noticed any difference before I told him the story and he immediately said, "this one has a deeper face." (referring to the k serial)

Edited by Milez28, 01 June 2017 - 03:28 PM.


11

#12 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 476

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:56 PM

 Milez28, on 01 June 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

I went to GG today and picked out a k serial along with non k serial and confirmed they do sound different.

Too close to tell for sure but it also looked like the "K-type" has a deeper face also. (Non k looked more shallow comparing them side by side)

I gave the manager both and asked if he noticed any difference before I told him the story and he immediately said, "this one has a deeper face." (referring to the k serial)

That's pretty interesting.  Any way you(or someone else) could put up some pics?
M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
915F 16.5 AD DI 8s
Titleist 915 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Titleist T-MB 4-W, Modus 120S
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

12

#13 Milez28

Milez28

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349951
  • Joined: 11/26/2014
  • Location:TX
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:08 PM

 Peanut191, on 01 June 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

 Milez28, on 01 June 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

I went to GG today and picked out a k serial along with non k serial and confirmed they do sound different.

Too close to tell for sure but it also looked like the "K-type" has a deeper face also. (Non k looked more shallow comparing them side by side)

I gave the manager both and asked if he noticed any difference before I told him the story and he immediately said, "this one has a deeper face." (referring to the k serial)

That's pretty interesting.  Any way you(or someone else) could put up some pics?

Yes, it was interesting but sorry I didn't take any pics. The sound was the noticeably louder with the non k type.

FYI I have a non k type and hated the sound until I hotmelted it to 200grams. Now it's a cannon and I honestly can't decide to game that or my M1440.

13

#14 TourPreferred0430

TourPreferred0430

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 126776
  • Joined: 04/15/2011
  • Ebay ID:golfmaqql
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:55 PM

 Milez28, on 01 June 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

 Peanut191, on 01 June 2017 - 03:56 PM, said:

 Milez28, on 01 June 2017 - 03:22 PM, said:

I went to GG today and picked out a k serial along with non k serial and confirmed they do sound different.

Too close to tell for sure but it also looked like the "K-type" has a deeper face also. (Non k looked more shallow comparing them side by side)

I gave the manager both and asked if he noticed any difference before I told him the story and he immediately said, "this one has a deeper face." (referring to the k serial)

That's pretty interesting.  Any way you(or someone else) could put up some pics?

Yes, it was interesting but sorry I didn't take any pics. The sound was the noticeably louder with the non k type.

FYI I have a non k type and hated the sound until I hotmelted it to 200grams. Now it's a cannon and I honestly can't decide to game that or my M1440.

Same here, except I have the 2017 M2 k type. Decisions, decisions!
TM 2017 M1 440 10.5* Tensei Orange V2 | TM 2017 M2 Tour Issue 9.5* Oban Tour Limited 65X Proto
TM 2016 M2 DF Proto 15* Fuji Rombax P75 | TM Jetspeed Proto 15° ZCom 95
TM 2017 M2 Tour Proto 18* Fuji Rombax P75 | TM Jetspeed Proto 19° ZCom 95
Vega VM-02 Raw 3-PW Modus 120 | Vega RAF-CM Raw 3-PW Nippon SPB
Nike Engage TS 56° & 60° | Nike VR Forged 56° & 60°
Byron Morgan DH89 GS | Byron Morgan DH89 Solid Copper
Best Grips MicroPerf

14

#15 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:51 AM

The lack of solid info leaves me feeling like we're chasing a unicorn here. Maybe the K serial number heads were just a bit hotter faced. Maybe the K serial number denote the beginning of the M2 Version 2 Tour heads that are on the USGA site. Rory not playing a K isn't a surprise. I would think he got the pick of the 8.5° newly minted litter. Rory signing with TM is probably why a 8.5° head got made. Could the head(s) Rory plays be a K head, sure but then that makes identifying these heads by serial number futile.

I don't have anything but guesses at this point but I'd love to know if there is any difference.

Taylormade M2 10.5 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 S Flex
Taylormade M2 Tour 15 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade M2 19 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 80 S Flex
Taylormade M2 22 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 90 S Flex
PXG 0311T Xtreme Dark 4-PW Irons with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
PXG 0311T Xtreme Dark Sugar Daddy Milled Wedge 50/10 with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
PXG 0311T Darkness Milled Wedges 55/12 and 60/08 with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang putter
Taylormade TP5x golf ball

15

#16 Milez28

Milez28

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 349951
  • Joined: 11/26/2014
  • Location:TX
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:12 AM

No, one is not hotter than the other based on the fact that ball speeds were similar when I compared them. And I used the same loft in each with the same shaft. Only difference is the non k serial is louder and what shape of head you prefer.

This is just my opinion and honestly the shape is ever so slightly different this probably won't make that much difference at all BUT... Since the non k serial version is flatter (maybe longer face) it could give you more forgiveness on toe/heel shots while the k serial being deeper face (maybe not as long heel to toe) could give you better misses high and low off the face. So if you're the type that misses more lateral (heel/toe) the non k serial could benefit you more and vice versa.

I think for tour players who can tell if something is just a hair off, it makes a difference for them.... but for us mortals if this thread was never brought up we would never even notice they came out with a different head.

Edit:
Now that I think about it they could've waited and came out with a "M2 Tour" like they did with the fairway for the new design. But maybe they decided it was best to not have so many models out there to confuse people.

Edited by Milez28, 02 June 2017 - 08:57 AM.


16

#17 ignitewvu

ignitewvu

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3869
  • Joined: 07/30/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 241

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:28 PM

 Milez28, on 02 June 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

No, one is not hotter than the other based on the fact that ball speeds were similar when I compared them. And I used the same loft in each with the same shaft. Only difference is the non k serial is louder and what shape of head you prefer.

This is just my opinion and honestly the shape is ever so slightly different this probably won't make that much difference at all BUT... Since the non k serial version is flatter (maybe longer face) it could give you more forgiveness on toe/heel shots while the k serial being deeper face (maybe not as long heel to toe) could give you better misses high and low off the face. So if you're the type that misses more lateral (heel/toe) the non k serial could benefit you more and vice versa.

I think for tour players who can tell if something is just a hair off, it makes a difference for them.... but for us mortals if this thread was never brought up we would never even notice they came out with a different head.

Edit:
Now that I think about it they could've waited and came out with a "M2 Tour" like they did with the fairway for the new design. But maybe they decided it was best to not have so many models out there to confuse people.

Exactly what I noticed when I saw the K Head at Dicks.....So we do have confirmation K heads have hit retail & they do look slightly different & they sound less loud.
M2v2 9.5 Fubuki K 70S
M2 DF Proto (2016) 16.5 Diamana S+ Limited 80S
TI Adams Red Hybrid 18 Matrix Hq3 S
TM SLDR 4i @ 39" DGSLS300
Bridgestone J15MB 5-PW DG AMTS300
Callaway Mack Daddy 2 TG 52, 56 & 60 DGS300
Bobby Grace AMG Fat Lady Swings
Bridgestone B330S

17

#18 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:46 PM

 ignitewvu, on 02 June 2017 - 12:28 PM, said:

 Milez28, on 02 June 2017 - 07:12 AM, said:

No, one is not hotter than the other based on the fact that ball speeds were similar when I compared them. And I used the same loft in each with the same shaft. Only difference is the non k serial is louder and what shape of head you prefer.

This is just my opinion and honestly the shape is ever so slightly different this probably won't make that much difference at all BUT... Since the non k serial version is flatter (maybe longer face) it could give you more forgiveness on toe/heel shots while the k serial being deeper face (maybe not as long heel to toe) could give you better misses high and low off the face. So if you're the type that misses more lateral (heel/toe) the non k serial could benefit you more and vice versa.

I think for tour players who can tell if something is just a hair off, it makes a difference for them.... but for us mortals if this thread was never brought up we would never even notice they came out with a different head.

Edit:
Now that I think about it they could've waited and came out with a "M2 Tour" like they did with the fairway for the new design. But maybe they decided it was best to not have so many models out there to confuse people.

Exactly what I noticed when I saw the K Head at Dicks.....So we do have confirmation K heads have hit retail & they do look slightly different & they sound less loud.

I'd saw if you puts eyes on it at dicks correct , then they're out there then

Edited by drbonesvt, 02 June 2017 - 02:47 PM.

M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

18

#19 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,422 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 476

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:54 PM

^^^^Are you talking about golf clubs and a sporting goods store, or something else?
M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
915F 16.5 AD DI 8s
Titleist 915 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Titleist T-MB 4-W, Modus 120S
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

19

#20 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:07 PM

As much as I trust what is being said about a deeper face model, I'd still love to hear from TM exactly what the differences are.

Taylormade M2 10.5 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 S Flex
Taylormade M2 Tour 15 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade M2 19 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 80 S Flex
Taylormade M2 22 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 90 S Flex
PXG 0311T Xtreme Dark 4-PW Irons with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
PXG 0311T Xtreme Dark Sugar Daddy Milled Wedge 50/10 with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
PXG 0311T Darkness Milled Wedges 55/12 and 60/08 with MCA OTi Tour 110 S flex
Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang putter
Taylormade TP5x golf ball

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:16 PM

View Postnoodle3872, on 02 June 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

As much as I trust what is being said about a deeper face model, I'd still love to hear from TM exactly what the differences are.

Tiger will get 18 majors before that happens
M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

21

#22 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:17 PM

View PostPeanut191, on 02 June 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

^^^^Are you talking about golf clubs and a sporting goods store, or something else?

Sporting goods sir , not that there is anything wrong with that if that's one's thing, we love all here @ wrx
M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

22

#23 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:19 PM

Q: does it matter where the K is positioned in the serial?
M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

23

#24 t4t3r

t4t3r

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,788 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 58148
  • Joined: 06/17/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 694

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:26 PM

View Postdrbonesvt, on 02 June 2017 - 08:19 PM, said:

Q: does it matter where the K is positioned in the serial?

Have only seen ones where it is in the middle of the serial, like xxxKxxx.
Taylormade 2016 M2 10.5 - Diamana Whiteboard 63x
Callaway Epic SZ 15 - Graphite Design Tour AD-GP 7x
Titleist 913H 19* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid X
Bridgestone J15CB 4-PW - Dynamic Gold TI X100
Mizuno MP-T11 52.07, Callaway MD2 Tour Grind 56.11
Taylormade Tour Spider

24

#25 Llortamaisey

Llortamaisey

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11574
  • Joined: 02/09/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 1726

Posted 02 June 2017 - 11:01 PM

Was in PGATSS today. All 9.5 and 10.5 models had the K in the middle of the serial. All 12 and D-Types had no K. I tried to compare a 10.5 to a 12 but frankly I don't think it's fair because of the different molds for the loft. They were definitely different for what it's worth.


25

#26 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 03 June 2017 - 12:55 AM

View PostLlortamaisey, on 02 June 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

Was in PGATSS today. All 9.5 and 10.5 models had the K in the middle of the serial. All 12 and D-Types had no K. I tried to compare a 10.5 to a 12 but frankly I don't think it's fair because of the different molds for the loft. They were definitely different for what it's worth.

Saw the same thing in dicks sporting good
M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

26

#27 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:02 PM

Closely reviewed the xxxkxxxx vs non k , paint break is slightly different, biggest diff is the lower sole of the face, where the old version is shorter / more rounded
M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

27

#28 drbonesvt

drbonesvt

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,709 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 141067
  • Joined: 10/04/2011
  • Location:Out in the West Texas town of................
  • Handicap:WIP
GolfWRX Likes : 1383

Posted 04 June 2017 - 06:15 PM

Hitting the two side by side , id say there is a slight difference in feel with the same shaft; added 6g hot melt to the xxxkxxxx head, feel is awesome ~ d3.5 sw

Edited by drbonesvt, 04 June 2017 - 06:15 PM.

M2 17' 9.5* (v2) AD TP tour 8TX (Tipped 1") @ 44-7/8"
M2 16'(Tour issue DF) 14.6* ADDI 9x (Tippd 2') 43" |
Titleist 2i 17* T-MB GD Tour AD DI 105x |
Titleist MB 712 MB 3-PW (46* PW) DG x7 (1* strong)
52* SM5 S Grind (10*) DG TI S400 |58* SM5 Raw M Grind (8*) DG TI S400
Bettinardi BB8 Tri-plane Sight Dot / Blank Sole 34" gripmaster midsized
Zcord Tour Issue .580 Ribbed sans wedges
WITB Link

28

#29 davo32683

davo32683

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 845 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17682
  • Joined: 08/08/2006
  • Location:Fuquay Varina, NC
  • Ebay ID:davo32683
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 12 June 2017 - 08:29 PM

Anybody get any confirmation as to what is going on with these k serial heads?
Ping G400 LST 8.5° DI-6X
Tour Issue TaylorMade 2017 M2 3 Wood Tour AD DI-7X
Tour Issue TaylorMade 2017 M2 5 Wood Tour AD DI-7X
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW Modus 120X
Titleist Vokey SM6 Raw 50 Modus 120X
Callaway MD Forged Slate 54, 58 Modus 125 Wedge
Evnroll ER2

29

#30 Golfer-91

Golfer-91

    Rookie

  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465752
  • Joined: 04/30/2017
  • Location:Canada
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 12 June 2017 - 09:52 PM

I just got a tour issue k serial and there is a definite sound difference more of a thwack

Tour issue 17 m2 9.5 hzrdus black 75 6.5/kk xt 70 tx<br />M2 tour 15 hzrdus black 85 6.5<br />T-mb 2 hzrdus red 85 6.5<br />4-pw p750 dg x7 <br />48-54-60 sm6 jet black dg s400<br />Scotty Cameron 5w<br />

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors