Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

What does it take to get recruited to play golf in the ivy league?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nkc5555

nkc5555

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468328
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 26 May 2017 - 10:09 PM

I I think have the academics down, but I don't know what it takes to get recruited. Do I have to play like 10+ below or is scratch good enough? I haven't played any tournaments yet and I am about to enter the 11th grade, but I am going to play a few this summer and a ton next summer.

(Right now I shoot like 6 over but I am started to actually practice, go to the gym and take lessons. )

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#2 leezer99

leezer99

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94152
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 27 May 2017 - 05:35 AM

nkc5555, on 26 May 2017 - 10:09 PM, said:

I I think have the academics down, but I don't know what it takes to get recruited. Do I have to play like 10+ below or is scratch good enough? I haven't played any tournaments yet and I am about to enter the 11th grade, but I am going to play a few this summer and a ton next summer.

(Right now I shoot like 6 over but I am started to actually practice, go to the gym and take lessons. )

http://www.gocrimson...ports/mgolf/faq

#3 Aaronwilson_95

Aaronwilson_95

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442640
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 16 June 2017 - 10:17 AM

Guy I know is going to yale

He's played in 2 junior ams and a us am
Hasn't missed out state tournament since he became eligible in 7th grade and had offers from a ton of great schools. He birdied his last 6 holes in a qualifier once just so he could get a larger travel voucher. Has competed in numerous alga invites optimist events everything you can think off.  So prettty good is your answer

#4 AC168

AC168

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4684
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 51

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:18 AM

It depends on your mix of golf ability and academic credentials as well as those coming in the same year.  Top 50 in the country goes a long way.  Top 100 less so but still good.  Beyond that you need pretty stellar credentials outside of golf.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors