Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Red Spider Tour - WTF!!! What a piece of crap


68 replies to this topic

#31 BloctonGolf11

BloctonGolf11

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 376734
  • Joined: 05/20/2015
  • Location:West Blocton, AL
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:bdgreene
GolfWRX Likes : 66

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

View Postethanshapiro, on 26 May 2017 - 09:26 PM, said:

I  think its fair to say that if you cant putt with a spider then your next putter should be a tennis racquet lmao

In best Lee Corso voice: Not so fast my friend.  I tried one of these and cannot putt with it to save my life.  Some people just do not like mallets and especially a rather eccentric shaped mallet like a Spider.  Some people are just blade people, some are just a standard mallet, and some are high MOI mallet guys.

D: Ping G30 10 degree, Aldila Reg Flex
3W, and 7W: Cleveland Black, Bassara, Lite Flex
5i - PW: Titleist AP1 716, DG XP90 Reg Flex
W: 48 Cleveland Rotex 3
W: 52 Cleveland Rotex 2
W: 56 Vokey SM6 F Grind
P: TP Mills Proto
Ball: Srixon Q-Star

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 Delvecchioforza

Delvecchioforza

    Del Vecchio

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465188
  • Joined: 04/26/2017
  • Location:Denver, Co
  • Handicap:gf
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:54 AM

View Postchair, on 26 May 2017 - 08:14 PM, said:

So on a whim I bought a red spider - I owned one of the original spiders and liked it and love the red colour so I bought one without trying it.

Got it today - holy cow its garbage - felt like crap and ball went nowhere.... no Feel and you have to hammer it due to the soft insert.  I think Ill stick to my Newport 2.

And what's with the crappy thin cheap grip??



Rant over.

i tried it out for a little bit in the store it felt fine the grip is cheap but for that price just spend a little more for the right scotty . the lie with it looked terrible when hitting the ball idk how so many people are playing with them. give me a notchback blade and its good to go
Taylormade- M1 2016
RSI irons
TP Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2013 Select Newport 2 Notchback
Bridgestone E6/ Vice Tour

2

#33 kgeorge78

kgeorge78

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 468

Posted 29 May 2017 - 06:41 PM

i tried it again today and yep it's crap....

3

#34 roundersmitty

roundersmitty

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 748 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 321975
  • Joined: 06/19/2014
  • Location:Toronto, Ontario
  • Ebay ID:zingzaps
GolfWRX Likes : 510

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

I used about 50 different putters...and...I HATE THEM ALL!!
Titleist 915 D2 10.5* set to B4 Diamana 72g S
Titleist 913F 15* set to B4 Diamana 82g S
Adams XTD Ti 20* set to 21* Matrix Red Tie S
Mizuno MP-54, 4-P S300
Callaway MD3 50.10S, 54.10S, 58.9S
Odyessy Highway 101 #7 LE

4

#35 Cwing

Cwing

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,973 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37012
  • Joined: 08/10/2007
  • Location:Go Big Blue!!! 8x Champs. Who Dey !!! Go Bengals,
  • Handicap:12.1
GolfWRX Likes : 1140

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:07 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

For the record, I don't have one but rolled it just fine in the stores.

I would like to see where this "number 1 ranked model of putter used on the PGA tour" info comes from and in what context.

Callaway Fusion 10.5* w/44.5" Recoil 450ES
PING k15
Callaway RazrX 21* & 24* hybrids
PING G25 5-U w/DG XP s300
Cleveland RTX 54* & 58*
PING Ketsch
Garmin g6/Caddytek V2
http://www.golfwrx.c...ings-witb-2013/

5

#36 sagobro

sagobro

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 107332
  • Joined: 05/03/2010
  • Location:Atlanta
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 29 May 2017 - 08:33 PM

I own a couple of Scotty's (square back and 2014 newport) and for some reason I have more success with the Spider.  To each his own...

6

#37 thejuice

thejuice

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,815 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2000
  • Joined: 06/27/2005
  • Location:Atlanta
GolfWRX Likes : 537

Posted 29 May 2017 - 09:32 PM

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

According to what data you read?  I think you made that one up.
Srixon Z565 9.5* w/HZRDUS Yellow 65
Srixon F65 15* w/HZRDUS Yellow 75
TEE Beta 2H w/RIP Alpha 80x
Srixon U65 4i Miyazaki Stiff
Srixon 765 5-PW Modus 120 Stiff
Cleveland RTX 3.0 50*, 54*, and 58* KBS 610
EVNROLL ER-2

Gameball: Vice Pro Soft, Srixon Z Star

7

#38 jay_dwight

jay_dwight

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 332 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 25178
  • Joined: 02/07/2007
  • Location:Omaha, NE
  • Handicap:.1
GolfWRX Likes : 59

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:05 PM

View Postthejuice, on 29 May 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

According to what data you read?  I think you made that one up.

Well when numbers 1,3,7,9 use the same make and model putter(color and insert notwithstanding) it's pretty easy to make that claim...

8

#39 Delvecchioforza

Delvecchioforza

    Del Vecchio

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465188
  • Joined: 04/26/2017
  • Location:Denver, Co
  • Handicap:gf
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Oh jay I'm from the quad cities in Iowa....making that claim is just stupid lol everyone will have their own opinion about products and anyone who can use big putters will always hate the small putters and vice Versa. I'm a firm believer in whatever works for you is the best. My dad who is a pro has used the same scotty for 17 years and tries others here and there but always reverts back. But to say a putter is the number one on tour just because the top guys who could putt with any damn putter and still never 3 putt doesn't make a lick of sense. Did they always use that style? No so it's a matter of time before they will use something different in a season or two
Taylormade- M1 2016
RSI irons
TP Wedges
Scotty Cameron 2013 Select Newport 2 Notchback
Bridgestone E6/ Vice Tour

9

#40 JSunGolfPharmD

JSunGolfPharmD

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 233 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57877
  • Joined: 06/13/2008
  • Location:Birmingham, AL
  • Ebay ID:fugakyu007
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:05 PM

I just put one in the bag and I think its a solid putter. Takes some time like any putter to dial in feel, but it fits my stroke and is very stable.  I have cadet sized hands and I actually appreciate the smaller grip.  Like any putter, not all are one size fits all.  Use what works for YOU not anyone else, tour pro or your neighbor.  The putter is the most overlooked club players don't get fit for.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 moonshine

moonshine

    I'm finally a LTD believer

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,836 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Joined: 06/14/2007
  • Location:North Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 623

Posted 29 May 2017 - 11:07 PM

I'm getting conflicting reports....are the off the rack putters the same as tour stuff...or cheaply made high margin wannabe sticks?
"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

11

#42 krtgolfing

krtgolfing

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 650 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 430202
  • Joined: 06/23/2016
  • Location:Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 222

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:28 AM

Why would you buy a putter before hitting it??? I know I never would.
Taylor Made M2 Driver
Taylor Made M2 3 Wood
Taylor Made M2 3 Hybrid
Taylor Made PSI 4 Iron - Approach Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM5 54* & 60*
Spider Tour Red

12

#43 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Cubs win ! Cubs win!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 12138

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:19 AM

count me in the camp of i dont see what the fuss is about .... i have 3 friends using it .. 1 putts well with it.. he putted well before..hes on staff with TM and got his free so he tried it and so far its stayed...  I've used his, the black one and the red one.. unlike other mallets i cant even get it to work on short putts.. and long ones are just a guess at best...  no thanks..   and for what its worth.. both black ones ive had in hand sat wide open.. like 4 degrees or so .. looked like a good looking 3 wood at address..lol
17 M2 V2 8  tour head  Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX  (Tour only Rogue Graphics)
17 M1 14.5   tour head Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Vega VDC-01 Raw Handground 3-pw Modus 130X
Vega VW-02 Raw 52 56 60 Modus 130S
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights

13

#44 Hot Rod 71

Hot Rod 71

    #TheWRX

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,893 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108037
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:RVA
  • Handicap:low
GolfWRX Likes : 6025

Posted 30 May 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostWdwfreak, on 27 May 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostScorer099, on 27 May 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

If you think the same clubs we buy at big box stores is the same that they are using on your, specifically DJ and JD, are using on tour then your delusional. Same goes for balls. There is how many different versions of the Prov1 on tour? Dozens!

Sergio's spider, as well at the others (DJ, JD, Rahm)are the same as the model we are buying, just look at the photos... The myth of "every club the pros play is different than ours" gets frustrating. Yes they often have access to "tour issue" things, and we see them on here but these spider putters are not one of them.

Sergio's- same as off the rack right now
Rahm - older sole plate, same model
DJ - older sole plate, same model
JD - older sole plate, red Model from the stores, different from his major winning hand welded, hand-made black model that was sold with exclusivity from the vault, the neck is different looking from these new models, on account of the non-manufactured process

You should do a little research. Looks can be deceiving.

I suppose you think the M1 and M2 drivers the tour players use are just like the ones in the stores......

TM has been infamous over the years for having three or four models of their current drivers, fairways, irons, wedges, and putters that look just like the retail version but are not like the retail version. These models are made for tour players.

Sergio's putter may LOOK like the OTR model, but I assure you it is not. Just as his driver, irons, woods, etc. look like OTR equipment. Again, not the case.
Callaway EPIC 10* - Diamana W 60X
Callaway EPIC SZ 15* - Aldila Tour Blue 75X
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* - Diamana S+ Blue 80X
Callaway 2018 X-Forged 4-PW - KBS $-Taper 120
Callaway MD Forged 52, 56, MD2 60 - Nippon Pro Modus Wedge 125
Odyssey Toulon Garage San Diego
Callaway Chrome Soft

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Srixon Z-Star Series Test Panel 2013
Tensei CK Blue Test Panel 2015
#TheWRX 2016

14

#45 Wdwfreak

Wdwfreak

    Post-College - More Golf

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 754 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124448
  • Joined: 03/13/2011
  • Ebay ID:Wdwfreak67
GolfWRX Likes : 126

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:26 AM

View PostHot Rod 71, on 30 May 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

View PostWdwfreak, on 27 May 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostScorer099, on 27 May 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

If you think the same clubs we buy at big box stores is the same that they are using on your, specifically DJ and JD, are using on tour then your delusional. Same goes for balls. There is how many different versions of the Prov1 on tour? Dozens!

Sergio's spider, as well at the others (DJ, JD, Rahm)are the same as the model we are buying, just look at the photos... The myth of "every club the pros play is different than ours" gets frustrating. Yes they often have access to "tour issue" things, and we see them on here but these spider putters are not one of them.

Sergio's- same as off the rack right now
Rahm - older sole plate, same model
DJ - older sole plate, same model
JD - older sole plate, red Model from the stores, different from his major winning hand welded, hand-made black model that was sold with exclusivity from the vault, the neck is different looking from these new models, on account of the non-manufactured process

You should do a little research. Looks can be deceiving.

I suppose you think the M1 and M2 drivers the tour players use are just like the ones in the stores......

TM has been infamous over the years for having three or four models of their current drivers, fairways, irons, wedges, and putters that look just like the retail version but are not like the retail version. These models are made for tour players.

Sergio's putter may LOOK like the OTR model, but I assure you it is not. Just as his driver, irons, woods, etc. look like OTR equipment. Again, not the case.


But, it's a putter... I am aware, as we all are that Scotty Cameron's Circle T models have different headshapes, different materials, different finishes, etc. that are not on his OTR models. it's extremely obvious for a putter. But, look at these Taylormade Spiders, Jon Rahm, Sergio, DJ, JD all of them they look the same and feature the same insert, what are you proposing is different about them?

I know these players have tour only equipment, i know how different they are, ive owned and held in my hands the dramatic differences between woods, size, how open the face is, etc. but the differences are noteworthy and can be seen on closer inspection.

Until someone can show or tell me why these spiders would be different from the models brought to market, i see no dramatic differences.

Edited by Wdwfreak, 30 May 2017 - 08:27 AM.

Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero 8 Graphite Design AD MT 7x
Callaway XR Pro 16 Graphite Design AD GT 8x
Titleist 816H1 21 Graphite Design AD DI 95x
Ping i200 4-9 Nippon Modus 130x
46, 51, 56, 60 Vokey SM6 S-Grind Raw Nippon Modus 130x
Scotty Cameron Circle T Studio Select Newport 2 35"

15

#46 Sean289

Sean289

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Location:London, England
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:39 AM

View Postbladehunter, on 30 May 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

count me in the camp of i dont see what the fuss is about .... i have 3 friends using it .. 1 putts well with it.. he putted well before..hes on staff with TM and got his free so he tried it and so far its stayed...  I've used his, the black one and the red one.. unlike other mallets i cant even get it to work on short putts.. and long ones are just a guess at best...  no thanks..   and for what its worth.. both black ones ive had in hand sat wide open.. like 4 degrees or so .. looked like a good looking 3 wood at address..lol

Please don't start the "Some of These Sit Open" debate again. I felt we all lost a few years of our lives debating that one on here a few weeks back 😅

16

#47 JunkerJorge

JunkerJorge

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369341
  • Joined: 04/03/2015
  • Location:Arkansas
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:03 AM

View PostWdwfreak, on 30 May 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

View PostHot Rod 71, on 30 May 2017 - 07:51 AM, said:

View PostWdwfreak, on 27 May 2017 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostScorer099, on 27 May 2017 - 08:16 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

If you think the same clubs we buy at big box stores is the same that they are using on your, specifically DJ and JD, are using on tour then your delusional. Same goes for balls. There is how many different versions of the Prov1 on tour? Dozens!

Sergio's spider, as well at the others (DJ, JD, Rahm)are the same as the model we are buying, just look at the photos... The myth of "every club the pros play is different than ours" gets frustrating. Yes they often have access to "tour issue" things, and we see them on here but these spider putters are not one of them.

Sergio's- same as off the rack right now
Rahm - older sole plate, same model
DJ - older sole plate, same model
JD - older sole plate, red Model from the stores, different from his major winning hand welded, hand-made black model that was sold with exclusivity from the vault, the neck is different looking from these new models, on account of the non-manufactured process

You should do a little research. Looks can be deceiving.

I suppose you think the M1 and M2 drivers the tour players use are just like the ones in the stores......

TM has been infamous over the years for having three or four models of their current drivers, fairways, irons, wedges, and putters that look just like the retail version but are not like the retail version. These models are made for tour players.

Sergio's putter may LOOK like the OTR model, but I assure you it is not. Just as his driver, irons, woods, etc. look like OTR equipment. Again, not the case.


But, it's a putter... I am aware, as we all are that Scotty Cameron's Circle T models have different headshapes, different materials, different finishes, etc. that are not on his OTR models. it's extremely obvious for a putter. But, look at these Taylormade Spiders, Jon Rahm, Sergio, DJ, JD all of them they look the same and feature the same insert, what are you proposing is different about them?

I know these players have tour only equipment, i know how different they are, ive owned and held in my hands the dramatic differences between woods, size, how open the face is, etc. but the differences are noteworthy and can be seen on closer inspection.

Until someone can show or tell me why these spiders would be different from the models brought to market, i see no dramatic differences.

They may have the same shape and weight but I assure the tour version is very different. For one the inserts are different (the red insert is made from unicorn horn and the black one from the petrified fang of an alpha male saber tooth tiger) and feel totally different. Also the tour ones sit square.

17

#48 Sean289

Sean289

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Location:London, England
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:40 AM

The inserts are made from unicorn horn and the petrified fang of an alpha male saber tooth tiger? Are you kidding me? You are so off the mark.
Both inserts are made from the fangs of the basilisk snake that was in the second Harry Potter movie. Please do your research before you post on here!

18

#49 bladehunter

bladehunter

    Cubs win ! Cubs win!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,809 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291449
  • Joined: 01/12/2014
  • Location:south carolina
  • Handicap:NONE
GolfWRX Likes : 12138

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:11 AM

View PostClassesLake, on 30 May 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 30 May 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

count me in the camp of i dont see what the fuss is about .... i have 3 friends using it .. 1 putts well with it.. he putted well before..hes on staff with TM and got his free so he tried it and so far its stayed...  I've used his, the black one and the red one.. unlike other mallets i cant even get it to work on short putts.. and long ones are just a guess at best...  no thanks..   and for what its worth.. both black ones ive had in hand sat wide open.. like 4 degrees or so .. looked like a good looking 3 wood at address..lol

Please don't start the "Some of These Sit Open" debate again. I felt we all lost a few years of our lives debating that one on here a few weeks back 😅

Sorry Man. But I noticed it way before that thread started.  It's bad with some of them. Like super open.
17 M2 V2 8  tour head  Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX  (Tour only Rogue Graphics)
17 M1 14.5   tour head Graphite Design   AD DI 8X
Vega VDC-01 Raw Handground 3-pw Modus 130X
Vega VW-02 Raw 52 56 60 Modus 130S
009 GSS 1.5  , Beached, tungsten sole weights

19

#50 Sean289

Sean289

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Joined: 11/25/2016
  • Location:London, England
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 30 May 2017 - 12:00 PM

View Postbladehunter, on 30 May 2017 - 11:11 AM, said:

View PostClassesLake, on 30 May 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

View Postbladehunter, on 30 May 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

count me in the camp of i dont see what the fuss is about .... i have 3 friends using it .. 1 putts well with it.. he putted well before..hes on staff with TM and got his free so he tried it and so far its stayed...  I've used his, the black one and the red one.. unlike other mallets i cant even get it to work on short putts.. and long ones are just a guess at best...  no thanks..   and for what its worth.. both black ones ive had in hand sat wide open.. like 4 degrees or so .. looked like a good looking 3 wood at address..lol

Please don't start the "Some of These Sit Open" debate again. I felt we all lost a few years of our lives debating that one on here a few weeks back 😅

Sorry Man. But I noticed it way before that thread started.  It's bad with some of them. Like super open.

I 100% agree with you. Some of them sit appallingly open. It's borderline embarrassing for Taylormade.
Yet, you had people on here in their droves saying things such as "No, it's depends on if you have a forward press or not" and "It's purely based on how you address the ball and nothing to do with the putter." Give me a break. It was frustrating to read and for me to bite my tongue.
If anyone walked into a shop and you rolled 10 different models of the red or black, you could see yourself that at least half of them (based on my own experience and others who posted on here), that they would sit open through no manipulation of the stroke.
Before someone jumps on me for ragging on this product, as I know these putters work wonders for some, I'm not. My issue is that it's brutal quality control on Taylormade's part.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 OpenPar

OpenPar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394352
  • Joined: 09/02/2015
  • Location:19th Hole
  • Handicap:+3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:37 PM

View Postmoonshine, on 29 May 2017 - 11:07 PM, said:

I'm getting conflicting reports....are the off the rack putters the same as tour stuff...or cheaply made high margin wannabe sticks?

I tried the red and black while buying my Evnroll and the TM putters felt cheap to me as well.  It wasn't just one thing either but next to Edel, Evnroll, Scotty the TM's just intangibly felt and looked cheap.  My opinion may be biased as many TM clubs have looked/felt that way to me in the past.  It wouldn't surprise me if these contain a bit more Chinesium than what the tour guys are playing with.

Edited by OpenPar, 30 May 2017 - 06:38 PM.

Titleist 975D - 8.5*, X100 43.5"
Titleist 906F4 - 15.5*, X100 42"
Titleist 906F4 - 18.5*, X100 41"
Mizuno Yoro Craft MP-4 (raw) - DG X100 TI
Mizuno Yoro Craft T7 (raw) 52* & 58* - DG X100 TI
GripMaster Classic Wraps - Mahogany
EVNROLL ER3 & Pistol GT 2.0 - 35"
Ball:  2017 Titleist Pro V1

21

#52 OpenPar

OpenPar

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394352
  • Joined: 09/02/2015
  • Location:19th Hole
  • Handicap:+3.7
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:42 PM

View PostSean289, on 30 May 2017 - 10:40 AM, said:

The inserts are made from unicorn horn and the petrified fang of an alpha male saber tooth tiger? Are you kidding me? You are so off the mark.
Both inserts are made from the fangs of the basilisk snake that was in the second Harry Potter movie. Please do your research before you post on here!

New theory, the PureRoll inserts are horcruxes containing pieces of Jason Day's soul, every time a player wins without using one he gets weaker (ie. a runny nose) and must withdraw from the next weeks tournament.
Titleist 975D - 8.5*, X100 43.5"
Titleist 906F4 - 15.5*, X100 42"
Titleist 906F4 - 18.5*, X100 41"
Mizuno Yoro Craft MP-4 (raw) - DG X100 TI
Mizuno Yoro Craft T7 (raw) 52* & 58* - DG X100 TI
GripMaster Classic Wraps - Mahogany
EVNROLL ER3 & Pistol GT 2.0 - 35"
Ball:  2017 Titleist Pro V1

22

#53 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.3
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1116

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:48 PM

View PostCwing, on 29 May 2017 - 08:07 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

For the record, I don't have one but rolled it just fine in the stores.

I would like to see where this "number 1 ranked model of putter used on the PGA tour" info comes from and in what context.

I've seen it multiple places but this is where I first read it. I believe it is the number one model on the LPGA as well now.

http://newsroom.tayl...e-new-1-on-tour

I will try and find a video interview that states the spider tour is likely  to be the number one played model on EVERY major tour before the end of the year at the current switch rate.

Edited by Jagpilotohio, 30 May 2017 - 06:54 PM.

9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70tx flex, , 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5"
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, SM6 50-12, 56-14, 60-08 m grind bent to 62.
all Wedges recoil proto125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

23

#54 Jagpilotohio

Jagpilotohio

    Wish I could Putt...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 395936
  • Joined: 09/14/2015
  • Location:Columbus, OH
  • Handicap:2.3
  • Ebay ID:Jagpilotohio
GolfWRX Likes : 1116

Posted 30 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

View Postthejuice, on 29 May 2017 - 09:32 PM, said:

View PostJagpilotohio, on 27 May 2017 - 09:46 AM, said:

Yes.  It's just terrible.  

And that's why it's the number 1 ranked model of putter used  on the PGA tour. It's just a terrible nasty POS and the best players in the world that can use anything they want keep choosing it.

Come on. Think before you post.

According to what data you read?  I think you made that one up.

See previous post.  I've read it and heard it multiple places. I'm no fan boy that makes stuff up.  

Hell,   I use a ratty old ghost spider that looks like it's been beaten with an ugly stick.  Damn TM white paint never stays on anything.  Just Crap.
9.5* Titleist 917 D3, KKDC 70tx flex, , 43.5"
14* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X 42"
16* Cally 815 alpha fuji 665 X, 41.5"
19* Titleist 816 H2 fuji 8.8X TS 40.0"
4-9 2016 Hogan PTx, KBS Tour V, 120X
Ping glide2 46-12, SM6 50-12, 56-14, 60-08 m grind bent to 62.
all Wedges recoil proto125 F5's
33.5" Ghost spider slant neck.
Srixon Z-star XV

24

#55 OspreyCI

OspreyCI

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108024
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:The SOUTH
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 389

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:39 AM

Just got my Red and it sits perfectly square and feels awesome. The Pure Roll really does make the ball hig the ground nicely. The Red's insert is not as soft as I thought it would be.

Not a piece of crap in my opinion.

TM '17 M1 Diamana WB 73
TM M2 15* Speeder 757 Evo TS
TM M2 #3 19* Fujikura
Callaway XR Pro 4-AW
Callaway MD Forged 54/60
TM Spider Tour Red

25

#56 Fick9

Fick9

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153267
  • Joined: 01/04/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:42 AM

View Postkiw1982, on 27 May 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

I don't like it either but it is not bad also.

Fair statement!

26

#57 Mikebb

Mikebb

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468358
  • Joined: 05/20/2017
  • Location:Southern California
  • Handicap:15
  • Ebay ID:Bethke18
GolfWRX Likes : 40

Posted 01 June 2017 - 11:48 PM

Maybe it just doesn't fit your stroke??? In any event, sounds like a good excuse for another flat stick 😀😀😀

27

#58 niccisjl

niccisjl

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15659
  • Joined: 06/22/2006
  • Ebay ID:jlandniccidavis
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:05 AM

Change the insert, world of difference once the cheap plastic insert is gone. At least it was for me.

28

#59 spineshank

spineshank

    Advanced

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 138420
  • Joined: 09/04/2011
  • Location:Charlotte, NC
  • Handicap:5.2
  • Ebay ID:gnrslash4life
GolfWRX Likes : 56

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:07 AM

I own the black one. Had to adjust it a bit but i really like it.
Ping G400 LST 10*
Taylormade M2 15*
Callaway Apex 20*
Mizuno JPX-900 Forged 5-PW
Cleveland 588 wedges 50* | 54* | 58*
Scotty Cameron Newport Classic

29

#60 mah2010

mah2010

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299963
  • Joined: 03/04/2014
  • Location:Sexsmith AB
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:mhowrish13
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 02 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

View Postniccisjl, on 02 June 2017 - 06:05 AM, said:

Change the insert, world of difference once the cheap plastic insert is gone. At least it was for me.

Where did u get the insert changed? Taylormade?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors