Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Junior World- To Go or Not to Go?

JuniorWorld Golf Tournaments Qualifiers

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _Txri21

_Txri21

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450662
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 24 May 2017 - 03:23 AM

I will be playing in a Junior World qualifier very soon. I have a decent chance at qualifying even though the field is very competitive and large. Though, I'm not sure if I should go. I already have many out of state tournaments planned for the summer. I am already playing in the US Kids Teen World Championship- Is Junior World much different? Has anyone played in the Junior World Championship? Was it worth it? Would you go again? Is the level of competitiveness similar to Optimist/US Kids?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 860

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:59 AM

View Post_Txri21, on 24 May 2017 - 03:23 AM, said:

I will be playing in a Junior World qualifier very soon. I have a decent chance at qualifying even though the field is very competitive and large. Though, I'm not sure if I should go. I already have many out of state tournaments planned for the summer. I am already playing in the US Kids Teen World Championship- Is Junior World much different? Has anyone played in the Junior World Championship? Was it worth it? Would you go again? Is the level of competitiveness similar to Optimist/US Kids?

US Kids Teen World is not a big tournament and has average competition.  If I were older than 12 that would be the one not to go to.

Best Summer Junior Tournaments
Bubba Conlee
North/South
Optimist
IMG Junior Worlds
Anything AJGA

#3 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 24 May 2017 - 09:10 AM

Buddy of mine has a son who is very competitive in the under 10 age group and he said the Future Masters tournament in Alabama is one of the best he has been to. I know they have divisions for the older kids as well. From what he has told me, it is by invitation only.

#4 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,368 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 860

Posted 24 May 2017 - 10:48 AM

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 24 May 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

Buddy of mine has a son who is very competitive in the under 10 age group and he said the Future Masters tournament in Alabama is one of the best he has been to. I know they have divisions for the older kids as well. From what he has told me, it is by invitation only.

I have heard the Future Master's is phenomenal.  Only problem is Txri is a girl and the Future Master's is a boys only tournament.

#5 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 24 May 2017 - 06:38 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 24 May 2017 - 10:48 AM, said:

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 24 May 2017 - 09:10 AM, said:

I have heard the Future Master's is phenomenal.  Only problem is Txri is a girl and the Future Master's is a boys only tournament.

Good point heavy. I didn't think about that.

Also tagged with JuniorWorld, Golf, Tournaments, Qualifiers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors