Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Played my last 5+ hour round today

151 replies to this topic

#151 airjammer

airjammer

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28903
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

View PostFlyingLaw1, on 15 April 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

If I go out on a Saturday/Sunday/Holiday when the weather is going to be really nice I fully expect for the round to take longer as there is going to be more golfers and more golfers who aren't as good--they will always take longer. If I can get a round in in regulation on such a day I consider it a bonus. If it takes a little longer and everyone is keeping up with the group in front of them I'm okay with as I anticipate that.

However, what I cannot stand--and what happens to me at least a few rounds a year--is playing behind a group that is at least a hole (and increasing) behind the group in front of them and refuses to let me play through. If you are working on a 5 hour round as a foursome, why in the world would you not let a single or a twosome play through? Wait on a tee box and less than 5 minutes and they will be gone. I simply cannot understand why some groups insist on not letting such a group play through.

I donít know why people have the expectation that they need the slow groups permission to pass them?🤷🏼‍♂️ If there is two open holes..skip them..think nothing of it

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#152 FlyingLaw1

FlyingLaw1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468870
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 109

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:55 AM

View Postairjammer, on 15 April 2018 - 11:38 AM, said:

View PostFlyingLaw1, on 15 April 2018 - 11:25 AM, said:

If I go out on a Saturday/Sunday/Holiday when the weather is going to be really nice I fully expect for the round to take longer as there is going to be more golfers and more golfers who aren't as good--they will always take longer. If I can get a round in in regulation on such a day I consider it a bonus. If it takes a little longer and everyone is keeping up with the group in front of them I'm okay with as I anticipate that.

However, what I cannot stand--and what happens to me at least a few rounds a year--is playing behind a group that is at least a hole (and increasing) behind the group in front of them and refuses to let me play through. If you are working on a 5 hour round as a foursome, why in the world would you not let a single or a twosome play through? Wait on a tee box and less than 5 minutes and they will be gone. I simply cannot understand why some groups insist on not letting such a group play through.

I don't know why people have the expectation that they need the slow groups permission to pass them?����‍♂️ If there is two open holes..skip them..think nothing of it

I'm not talking about passing a slow group. I'm talking about the slow group letting a much faster group or single play through. If I'm practicing or just messing around I have no problem simply passing a slow group. But if I'm taking my round seriously or its not possible to come back and play the holes later I'm not going to pass them and skip a hole (or holes). Its on the slower group to let a faster one play through.
GO DAWGS

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors