Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

NCAA tv coverage

Ncaa

32 replies to this topic

#1 basic

basic

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 179770
  • Joined: 05/08/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 23 May 2017 - 12:58 PM

What terrible coverage of NCAA Women's golf championship by TGC.  Do they even know that Northwestern, Ohio Stare and Kent State are playing?????  For the second straight day you could count on one hand the coverage of theses three teams.  Northwestern is the number one seed in match play.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 OutBackHack

OutBackHack

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 662 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 296687
  • Joined: 02/13/2014
  • Location:Sea Island
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 401

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:25 PM

If you think it's bad now, wait until next week when we have to listen to Lanny Wadkins.

2

#3 Mcgeeno

Mcgeeno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144643
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 761

Posted 23 May 2017 - 02:33 PM

Holy crap are these girls slow.

3

#4 North Texas

North Texas

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
  • Joined: 02/18/2010
  • Location:North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 1995

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:36 PM

View PostMcgeeno, on 23 May 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Holy crap are these girls slow.

It will be the same thing when the men play later this week.

4

#5 ezpz

ezpz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153417
  • Joined: 01/05/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:40 PM

Watched some of the womens 2016 reruns last week and if the pga ever wants to ban out slow play I'd suggest they start at the uni level because ***** these players are slow.


5

#6 Mcgeeno

Mcgeeno

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,509 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 144643
  • Joined: 10/30/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 761

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:41 PM

View PostNorth Texas, on 23 May 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

View PostMcgeeno, on 23 May 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Holy crap are these girls slow.

It will be the same thing when the men play later this week.

Oh I don't doubt it.

I timed one girl.

5 practice swings, two reads from behind  and a 4 corner read before missing the putt.

It was close right around 70 seconds.

6

#7 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4389

Posted 23 May 2017 - 03:54 PM

you guys are conditioned to the married mans sex life....pace of play thing lol   are ya done yet....get off... :cheesy:
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

7

#8 Sean2

Sean2

    #TheWRX (Callaway Trip)

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 29,106 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29539
  • Joined: 05/23/2007
  • Location:South of Boston
  • Ebay ID:None
GolfWRX Likes : 16130

Posted 23 May 2017 - 04:07 PM

Well, it's better than nothing.
Callaway GBB Epic
Callaway GBB Epic 3/7
Callaway Steelhead XR 5
Callaway Apex CF16 6-AW
Callaway MD3/MD-PM 54/58/62
Callaway Odyssey Works Tank 1W

8

#9 AppAlum

AppAlum

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 616 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121589
  • Joined: 02/02/2011
  • Location:Boone, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 280

Posted 23 May 2017 - 05:35 PM

View PostMcgeeno, on 23 May 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

Holy crap are these girls slow.

Really painful to watch in person.

9

#10 BMC

BMC

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,984 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108173
  • Joined: 05/18/2010
  • Location:The South
  • Handicap:YES
GolfWRX Likes : 2772

Posted 23 May 2017 - 08:39 PM

Yes OP.  And, TV coverage of this event before Golf Channel came along was...was...was...non-existent.

Nike Vapor Pro driver
Cleveland Launcher 13*
PING Rapture 20* FW
Adams Pro Mini Hybrid 23*
Srixon i701 Tour irons 5-PW
Titleist SM6 54 SW
NIKE Method Mod 60 putter

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 jwortsman

jwortsman

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 85691
  • Joined: 06/15/2009
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Ebay ID:jwortsman
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:06 PM

Would imagine that there's very little prep into this (could be wrong), but it's live golf that can be televised instead of endless repeats and talk about tournaments that don't matter that much given the time of year.

11

#12 Craigstands17

Craigstands17

    This Isn't Where I Parked My Cart

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 168 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464196
  • Joined: 04/19/2017
  • Location:New Jersey
GolfWRX Likes : 60

Posted 30 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

I wish they would actually air more coverage of the event as the match play rounds are entertaining.
Talyormade M4 9.5* PX Handcrafted 6.5 Hzrdus T1100 75g
Titlesit 917 F2 16.5* Aldila Rogue
Mizuno  MP-18 Fli Hi 3 & 4
Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-7
Mizuno MP-18 8-PW
Vokey SM7 50* F Grind
Vokey SM7 55* S Grind
Vokey SM6 Brushed Copper 60* M Grind
Bettinardi BB1

12

#13 North Texas

North Texas

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
  • Joined: 02/18/2010
  • Location:North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 1995

Posted 30 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

For you guys that complained about the girls playing slow, did you happen watch yesterday's coverage?

Playing in threesomes, the men were bumping 5 1/2 hours to play.

13

#14 ClintDagger

ClintDagger

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 200 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 325211
  • Joined: 07/07/2014
  • Location:Las Colinas, TX
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 242

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:39 PM

View PostNorth Texas, on 30 May 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

For you guys that complained about the girls playing slow, did you happen watch yesterday's coverage?

Playing in threesomes, the men were bumping 5 1/2 hours to play.
Yet the dude that won it played at a blistering pace.  It was interesting to see how slow these guys and gals play though.

14

#15 buckeyefl

buckeyefl

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259982
  • Joined: 06/29/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 2286

Posted 30 May 2017 - 01:41 PM

View PostClintDagger, on 30 May 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

View PostNorth Texas, on 30 May 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

For you guys that complained about the girls playing slow, did you happen watch yesterday's coverage?

Playing in threesomes, the men were bumping 5 1/2 hours to play.
Yet the dude that won it played at a blistering pace.  It was interesting to see how slow these guys and gals are allowed play though.

Slight correction to what you said to note the real problem.


15

#16 j.b.newton

j.b.newton

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108620
  • Joined: 05/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:26 PM

Id like to see a NCAA Champ WITB..... Am I the only one that is curious?

16

#17 mjen43

mjen43

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 119001
  • Joined: 12/16/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 721

Posted 30 May 2017 - 03:38 PM

View Postj.b.newton, on 30 May 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Id like to see a NCAA Champ WITB..... Am I the only one that is curious?

http://golfweek.com/...idual-champion/

17

#18 egr2teup

egr2teup

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 775 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128530
  • Joined: 05/11/2011
  • Location:Tar Heel
GolfWRX Likes : 688

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:35 PM

I really enjoy watching the college kids play but could do without the "numbered jerseys".

18

#19 knock it close

knock it close

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101876
  • Joined: 01/13/2010
  • Location:Calgary, Alberta
  • Handicap:+2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 5656

Posted 30 May 2017 - 10:50 PM

View Postegr2teup, on 30 May 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

I really enjoy watching the college kids play but could do without the "numbered jerseys".
The nike costumes are more egregious than "student-athletes" not being able to profit off their likeness
M2, maybe
915 FD
913 HD
712u 3
714 AP2 4-p
SM5 53, 59
Circa62

19

#20 scratchswinger

scratchswinger

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,551 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37417
  • Joined: 08/15/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 6086

Posted 30 May 2017 - 11:19 PM

View PostSean2, on 23 May 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Well, it's better than nothing.

Exactly, people like to complain about anything.

I have watched more golf from the NCAA than I have watched in 2017 minus the Masters.

Edited by scratchswinger, 30 May 2017 - 11:20 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 North Texas

North Texas

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
  • Joined: 02/18/2010
  • Location:North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 1995

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

View Postscratchswinger, on 30 May 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

View PostSean2, on 23 May 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Well, it's better than nothing.

Exactly, people like to complain about anything.

I have watched more golf from the NCAA than I have watched in 2017 minus the Masters.

I absolutely agree with this.

The two weeks of NCAA golf is more compelling than any pro event outside of the majors.

21

#22 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4389

Posted 31 May 2017 - 09:58 AM

View PostNorth Texas, on 31 May 2017 - 08:53 AM, said:

View Postscratchswinger, on 30 May 2017 - 11:19 PM, said:

View PostSean2, on 23 May 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

Well, it's better than nothing.

Exactly, people like to complain about anything.

I have watched more golf from the NCAA than I have watched in 2017 minus the Masters.

I absolutely agree with this.

The two weeks of NCAA golf is more compelling than any pro event outside of the majors.
:swoon:  what the hell is happening in the Lone Star state? Is there a drought still gion' on?  Some people seem to have a dry sense of humor.  goooooooOOOO DUCKS!

Edited by 2putttom, 31 May 2017 - 10:17 AM.

Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

22

#23 SadTrombone

SadTrombone

    .

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 16714
  • Joined: 07/21/2006
GolfWRX Likes : 2467

Posted 31 May 2017 - 10:52 AM

Anyone know which Paulson (Carl and Dennis) has the hard on for push cart users?  Man he really doesn't want to see people using carts. I don't get it.

23

#24 j.b.newton

j.b.newton

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108620
  • Joined: 05/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:05 AM

View Postmjen43, on 30 May 2017 - 03:38 PM, said:

View Postj.b.newton, on 30 May 2017 - 03:26 PM, said:

Id like to see a NCAA Champ WITB..... Am I the only one that is curious?

http://golfweek.com/...idual-champion/

Thanks!

24

#25 dpb5031

dpb5031

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67947
  • Joined: 10/21/2008
  • Location:Central NJ
GolfWRX Likes : 2378

Posted 31 May 2017 - 11:20 AM

I have been enjoying the coverage.

USGA Index: ~2

WITB:
2018 Taylormade M3 8.5 Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 6x
Taylormade M2 Tour 15 Fujikura Pro TourSpec 73 S
Kasco K2K 33 - UST Axivcore 65 Tour Green S
Ping G 22 Hybrid (2 flat) - Ping Tour 80 S
Ping i200 5-UW (2 flat) - Nippon Modus 105X
Ping Glide 2.0 - SS 54 (bent to 55 & 2 flat)
Taylormade Ho Toe 64 (Bent to 62 & 2 flat)
Palmer AP30R putter (circa 1960s)
Taylormade TP5X Ball

25

#26 2putttom

2putttom

    # 1 Oregon Duck fan

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,998 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 177144
  • Joined: 04/24/2012
  • Location:N.California, LInks @ Bodega Bay
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 4389

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:21 PM

Fighting Ducks Vs. Sooners............ gooooOOOOO DUCKS!
Tour Exotics E 10 15*
Adams CMB 4-6  MB2's 7-9 1 more season
Mizuno Mp 4 52 MP T7 56 &60
Bobby Grace Jericho II Tour S Bend
Oregon Ducks Bag

26

#27 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 1291

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:49 PM

I will never understand someone sitting and watching at home complaining about slow play on TV.  Seriously, who cares?  These kids play at a different level than you.  They would beat 99% of the people on this site like a drum.  If they want to play slow then they have every right to play slow because they are playing for something.  If you want to complain about slow play, let's complain about the weekend warrior that is left, left, left, right, left while taking 10 minutes to hit a shot so they don't lose a $1 Nassau.

27

#28 North Texas

North Texas

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,280 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103646
  • Joined: 02/18/2010
  • Location:North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 1995

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:55 PM

View Postheavy_hitter, on 31 May 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

I will never understand someone sitting and watching at home complaining about slow play on TV.  Seriously, who cares?  These kids play at a different level than you.  They would beat 99% of the people on this site like a drum.  If they want to play slow then they have every right to play slow because they are playing for something.  If you want to complain about slow play, let's complain about the weekend warrior that is left, left, left, right, left while taking 10 minutes to hit a shot so they don't lose a $1 Nassau.

Sorry for expressing an opinion or a thought on a discussion board. Didn't know it wasn't allowed.

28

#29 farmer

farmer

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 6,759 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 70095
  • Joined: 12/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 2624

Posted 31 May 2017 - 12:59 PM

I did not know that coaches were allowed to walk with the players and give them advice.  Yes, they are playing for a lot, but they are abominably slow.  They surely don't play practice rounds at this pace, so it seems to me that this would be a detriment to their normal routine.

Edited by farmer, 31 May 2017 - 12:59 PM.


29

#30 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
  • Joined: 03/16/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 1291

Posted 31 May 2017 - 01:34 PM

View Postfarmer, on 31 May 2017 - 12:59 PM, said:

I did not know that coaches were allowed to walk with the players and give them advice.  Yes, they are playing for a lot, but they are abominably slow.  They surely don't play practice rounds at this pace, so it seems to me that this would be a detriment to their normal routine.

When you are in that situation, things seem to be moving faster than they really are.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30




Also tagged with Ncaa

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors