Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How often do you hole chips and bunker shots.....

92 replies to this topic

#91 SilverBullets

SilverBullets

BMW

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139485
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1785

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

I was starting to think it had been a while since I last holed a chip/pitch.  I haven't holed one since I moved to Arizona (25 rounds ago).  I did hole one in one of the last couple rounds before I moved.  I have also made multiple putts from the fairway/rough (like only a couple feet into the fairway or rough) but I don't really count those since they all have felt like very makeable putts.  Low and behold, drained a short sided flop shot over a bunker yesterday.  Later in the round I lipped out a bunker shot (thought I was going to drain that one too) but it stopped a couple feet away.  I can't recall the last time I holed a bunker shot.. if ever...

Taylormade '17 M2 9.5* - Rogue Silver 70 X
Taylormade '16 M2 15*
Titleist 910F 19*
Callaway Apex 4i thru PW - Nippon Modus 125 Tour X
Vokey SM6 50*, 54*, 58*
Bettinardi BB40

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#92 DrGreen

DrGreen

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20695
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 24 June 2017 - 12:27 PM

View PostDrGreen, on 04 June 2017 - 08:15 PM, said:

View PostDrGreen, on 24 May 2017 - 08:43 AM, said:

I would say chips -  two to three per year. Bunker shots - one every three years.

So after posting this a few weeks ago ............... I've holed two bunker shots and a chip. Someone needs to post something about how often you make a hole in one.  :lol:

Add another bunker shot - that's three in the past 4 or 5 weeks now! As I said before, history has shown one every three years prior to this year!

#93 Climb&Golf

Climb&Golf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 392984
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted Today, 04:32 AM

In 3.5yrs of playing I've only holed one bunker shot. Great feeling. Chip ins and hole outs are also pretty rare. 19 times in the last 100 rounds.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

jbm24

GolfWRX Sponsors