Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Masda versus Crazy Blades - irons.

irons masda crazy

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Bebopcola

Bebopcola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 468368
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:49 PM

Hi!

I've been using Misuno clubs for years and I want to make a switch, but I'm super "green" to just about everything as these clubs were given to me as a gift. I've been looking on TSG and really like the Crazy and Masda blades. I'm curious as to the differences in these in feel and softness and just how they would play. Also, just any insight into decent shafts for clubs like these. Thank you!

These are the ones I've been looking at:

https://www.tourspec...-iron-3-pw.html

https://www.tourspec...proto-iron.html

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Kingcat990

Kingcat990

European Tailored Golf Socks

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,541 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291815
GolfWRX Likes : 2590

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:56 PM

Look for a forum member by the name of kayyyelll. He owns and plays both. He should be able to help you out.
Wyoming Cowboys

WITB
PRGR Nabla RS02M43S
PRGR Nabla 18 M43S
Masda Fast Blades 5-P Nippon 120S
EON TW15 52/58 Nippon Wedge S
Piretti Matera
MacGregor VIP Heads 2-P Welded/Copper Finish
Miura Baby Blades
1-P

#3 Bebopcola

Bebopcola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:22 PM

View PostKingcat990, on 20 May 2017 - 06:56 PM, said:

Look for a forum member by the name of kayyyelll. He owns and plays both. He should be able to help you out.

Excellent! Thanks mate will do.

#4 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 207201
GolfWRX Likes : 384

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

I indeed have both and can say that they are very different. The Masda are smaller, have flatter soles, and way longer hosels. The longer hosels, with normal insertion depth, effectively soft-step shafts because almost all of the head weight is below the shaft tip.  A nutted Masda has an extremely dense, solid feel...nothingness, but not evoking clouds - maybe frozen butter, stealing from somebody somewhere.  It's definitely one of the more unique heads out there.

The Crazy MB are from the Kyoei KCM open model, so they are very much like many of the others from the same blank - Vega VM01, Yururi Flatback, etc.  The feel is powerful soft.  I don't know if that feeling is available over more of the face or if it is an easy head to square, but they feel easy to hit.  They also have leading edge relief and a really thin top line.

I'll post up some pics of both alongside the Miura Baby Blade, the other head you should probably put in your consideration set.

#5 Bebopcola

Bebopcola

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:53 PM

View Postkaaayelll, on 20 May 2017 - 10:22 PM, said:

I indeed have both and can say that they are very different. The Masda are smaller, have flatter soles, and way longer hosels. The longer hosels, with normal insertion depth, effectively soft-step shafts because almost all of the head weight is below the shaft tip.  A nutted Masda has an extremely dense, solid feel...nothingness, but not evoking clouds - maybe frozen butter, stealing from somebody somewhere.  It's definitely one of the more unique heads out there.

The Crazy MB are from the Kyoei KCM open model, so they are very much like many of the others from the same blank - Vega VM01, Yururi Flatback, etc.  The feel is powerful soft.  I don't know if that feeling is available over more of the face or if it is an easy head to square, but they feel easy to hit.  They also have leading edge relief and a really thin top line.

I'll post up some pics of both alongside the Miura Baby Blade, the other head you should probably put in your consideration set.

Wow this is some amazing information and a huge help my friend! From what you've pointed out I'm leaning toward the Crazy, but definitely would love to check out the Miura Baby Blade as well a I've seen that club mentioned several times in my few days of research and hear they are super nice. Thanks again:)

#6 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:18 AM

Left to right in both pictures: Crazy, Masda, Miura BB.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_3027.JPG
  • IMG_3028.JPG

#7 Big Ben

Big Ben

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1515

Posted 02 January 2018 - 03:26 PM

I know this is an older thread but does anyone have a topline pic of the Crazy MB? Love these irons but not usually a fan of JDM PW lines...BB
Irons: 19' Cobra CB's
Drivers: Titleist TS3 & Cobra F9
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's  
Putter: Evnroll 9.1
Balls: ProV1

#8 kaaayelll

kaaayelll

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

I know you've seen this already, BB, but for the benefit of others.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_4007.JPG

Edited by kaaayelll, 04 January 2018 - 01:17 PM.

Also tagged with irons, masda, crazy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors