Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

SC Futura X5 Dual Balance vs SC Dual Balance Golo 7 Putter

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PingPoncho

PingPoncho

PingPoncho

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13867
GolfWRX Likes : 50

Posted 18 May 2017 - 03:20 PM

Does the Futura X5 Dual Balance as shown in the attachment have a steel face?

I think the 2017 version of the X5 shows a darker color and material for the face? Am I right? This model must be the 2015 or 2016?

Help me decide if you think the X5 or the Golo 7 would be more forgiving and why?

Are both have steel faces and sound the same?

Do not have a chance to demo these and wanted to see if anyone has hit these models whether you have the dual balance version or not.

Attached Thumbnails

• GoLo_7_DB_.jpg
  • Titleist-Scotty-Cameron-Futura-X5-Putter.jpg

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Pearson10M

Pearson10M

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 408522
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 10 July 2018 - 11:06 PM

PingPoncho,

I don't know if you have moved on from this post, but I tried both models and went with the Golo 7.

I found that both:
  • were the same preceived weight when hit.
  • were 38" Dual Balanced.
  • had a solid, steel face.
  • gave good roll consistency at 4, 8, 12 feet.  20 feet was inconsist for each in my hands on the indoor green.  Note:  I demoed each at a different store.
  • were used and in very good to excellent condition.  Faces on each were nick/gouge free.
I found the X5 more resistant to twist during the stroke, possible due to the wings and size. I wouldn't say that the 7 twists easily or even something to be concerned with.  

I found the "feel" of both to be similar, nothing drastically different.  The mill pattern on the 7 was more pronounced.  With respect to alignment and address, I found the ribbed insert with the alignment stripe to be confusing on the X5.  The 7 has a single, easy alignment mark.

In the end, I found a used excellent condition Golo 7 dual balanced and bought it.  I like the aesthetics of it more so than the X5, but performance wise, I didn't notice a marked difference based on my limited comparison evaluation.  YMMV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors