Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 8 votes

Big Bad Low Spin Shaft Review - 13 Shafts, 7 Players and a Trackman


513 replies to this topic

#31 Peanut191

Peanut191

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 299122
  • Joined: 02/27/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 546

Posted 19 May 2017 - 11:10 PM

Toll,do you agree with Aaron's assessment that the Orange V3 doesn't "feel" counterbalanced?

M2 10.5, set to 9.75, D5, KK XT 70s
M2 Tour 16.5, Diamana Thump 85s
Titleist 913 21* Kiyoshi White 95 04 flex
Srixon 745 4-PW, Dynamic Gold 115s
Vokey 56F 14 bounce, Vokey Wedgeworks 60K 6 bounce
Scotty Newport 1.5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:19 AM

View PostPeanut191, on 19 May 2017 - 11:10 PM, said:

Toll,do you agree with Aaron's assessment that the Orange V3 doesn't "feel" counterbalanced?

I love the balance of the shaft and only added 2 grams to the head with it. I really like the feel and wouldn't say it feels overly counter weighted at all.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

2

#33 Dirtydawg67

Dirtydawg67

    Rookie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 95376
  • Joined: 09/28/2009
  • Location:VA
  • Handicap:5
  • Ebay ID:poquer331
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:29 AM

Thanks for doing this. I'm pretty sure you've sold me on a PO as soon as I move the PO V2.

3

#34 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 20 May 2017 - 10:38 AM

View PostDirtydawg67, on 20 May 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

Thanks for doing this. I'm pretty sure you've sold me on a PO as soon as I move the PO V2.

PO is basically for the power guy and V2 is better for the smooth guy. You won't have any trouble finding someone who wants your V2, that's for sure.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

4

#35 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:16 PM

FYI I will also add X-Torsion Copperhead to the test as well. I will have those this week.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

5

#36 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5232

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:27 PM

Great info as always but why are all your players in a TM M driver and all play a Mitsubishi shaft? I tested almost every driver on trackman outdoors along with a handful of D1 players and half the group got the best numbers from the Epic.  Me personally fit into the Epic from last year's M2 and got another 2-3mph ball speed over 2017 M series.

Edited by J13, 20 May 2017 - 03:48 PM.

Ping G400 LST 8.5* / Mitsu Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX
Callaway 3Deep 14.5 Xphlexxx Agera 82g RF Proto
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot Versa #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

6

#37 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:35 PM

View PostJ13, on 20 May 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Great info as always but why are all your players in a TM M driver and all play a Mitsubishi shaft? I tested almost every driver on trackman outdoors along with a handful of D1 players and half the group got the best numbers from the Epic.  Me personally fit into the Epic from last year's M2 and got another 2-3mph ball speed over 2017 M series.

The total group is 45 guys that rotate doing testing and honestly probably 35 of them play M series, and the rest play some sort of Callaway with the exception of 2 who play Cobra. All for no other reason than they are best for each individual player AND, and this is a big factor, that we all play Taylormade Tour issue heads and can choose our specific specs. I think we would see a lot more in Epic series if we could simply choose our specs. Retail variences just don't cut it. Find me a sub zero at 7 degrees of true loft with a red dot sleeve and I may play it.

Edited by TollBros, 20 May 2017 - 04:37 PM.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

7

#38 JStang

JStang

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122217
  • Joined: 02/13/2011
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:33 PM

Good to see the train back on the tracks.
917 D3 - Diamana White LTD
917 F2  - Tensei Pro Blue
915H  - Rogue Black Tour
4-PW 718 AP2's
50, 54, 58 SM6

Callaway O-Works 2 Ball
Bridgestone B330

8

#39 J13

J13

    60% of the time, every time.

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 12,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 76984
  • Joined: 03/08/2009
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:+1.6
GolfWRX Likes : 5232

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

View PostTollBros, on 20 May 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostJ13, on 20 May 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Great info as always but why are all your players in a TM M driver and all play a Mitsubishi shaft? I tested almost every driver on trackman outdoors along with a handful of D1 players and half the group got the best numbers from the Epic.  Me personally fit into the Epic from last year's M2 and got another 2-3mph ball speed over 2017 M series.

The total group is 45 guys that rotate doing testing and honestly probably 35 of them play M series, and the rest play some sort of Callaway with the exception of 2 who play Cobra. All for no other reason than they are best for each individual player AND, and this is a big factor, that we all play Taylormade Tour issue heads and can choose our specific specs. I think we would see a lot more in Epic series if we could simply choose our specs. Retail variences just don't cut it. Find me a sub zero at 7 degrees of true loft with a red dot sleeve and I may play it.

Callaway Tour stuff is hard to come by and I agree on knowing specs.  I'd like to see Callawaay add spec'd out heads to the Cally Customs program.  The Red Dot sleeves are nice especially for better players, wish they were easier to get as well.
Ping G400 LST 8.5* / Mitsu Kuro Kage Dual Core XT 70TX
Callaway 3Deep 14.5 Xphlexxx Agera 82g RF Proto
Taylormade UDI 2 iron (UST Proforce V2)
Srixon 745's 4-PW (Modus Tour 120 TX)
Callaway MD3 50, 54, 60 Modus3 125 wedge shaft
Odyssey White Hot Versa #6

WITB
http://www.golfwrx.c.../page__st__1590

9

#40 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 20 May 2017 - 05:43 PM

View PostJ13, on 20 May 2017 - 05:40 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 20 May 2017 - 04:35 PM, said:

View PostJ13, on 20 May 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

Great info as always but why are all your players in a TM M driver and all play a Mitsubishi shaft? I tested almost every driver on trackman outdoors along with a handful of D1 players and half the group got the best numbers from the Epic.  Me personally fit into the Epic from last year's M2 and got another 2-3mph ball speed over 2017 M series.

The total group is 45 guys that rotate doing testing and honestly probably 35 of them play M series, and the rest play some sort of Callaway with the exception of 2 who play Cobra. All for no other reason than they are best for each individual player AND, and this is a big factor, that we all play Taylormade Tour issue heads and can choose our specific specs. I think we would see a lot more in Epic series if we could simply choose our specs. Retail variences just don't cut it. Find me a sub zero at 7 degrees of true loft with a red dot sleeve and I may play it.

Callaway Tour stuff is hard to come by and I agree on knowing specs.  I'd like to see Callawaay add spec'd out heads to the Cally Customs program.  The Red Dot sleeves are nice especially for better players, wish they were easier to get as well.

I really think that's what it comes down to. If we could all choose exact lofts and face angles Callaway would be a more viable option. The ball speeds and technology are there, but I can say for me personally, if I can't get the specs I want, it's not an option. In this day of fitting and dialing in performance​, the fact that this type of option isn't available is ridiculous.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 ruxpin23

ruxpin23

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125045
  • Joined: 03/22/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 20 May 2017 - 07:30 PM

Really appreciate all the effort tollbros.  For guys like me that don't have a nearby fitter that carries all of these, this is a godsend.  I'm currently in a t1100 but am not in love with it.  I'm looking at tensei white or orange (v3) as my next shaft.  Seems like the white is closer to the old ahina profile I like, but the increased ball speeds of the Orange seem to be consistent across a lot of reviews.  To top it off, I did feel like the ahina felt slightly tip heavy.

All that said, in terms of feel, could you describe what the main difference between white and v3 are since you've had a lot of experience testing both?  Do they feel similar with a slight tweak or do they feel worlds apart?
VR Pro Ltd 10.5 Driver, MRC Tensei CK Pro Orange 70TX
VR Pro Ltd 19 5 Wood, MRC Tensei CK Pro White 80TX
2011 VR Pro Combo 3-PW, DG AMT S400 HS
VR Forged Wedge, 52, 56, 60
Method Midnight 006

11

#42 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 20 May 2017 - 11:12 PM

View Postruxpin23, on 20 May 2017 - 07:30 PM, said:

Really appreciate all the effort tollbros.  For guys like me that don't have a nearby fitter that carries all of these, this is a godsend.  I'm currently in a t1100 but am not in love with it.  I'm looking at tensei white or orange (v3) as my next shaft.  Seems like the white is closer to the old ahina profile I like, but the increased ball speeds of the Orange seem to be consistent across a lot of reviews.  To top it off, I did feel like the ahina felt slightly tip heavy.

All that said, in terms of feel, could you describe what the main difference between white and v3 are since you've had a lot of experience testing both?  Do they feel similar with a slight tweak or do they feel worlds apart?

Tense pro white is softer feeling in the handle and is more tip heavy. It also is a bit more harsh feeling in the tip. I think because of the amount of Kevlar and the tungsten resin in the pro orange. The combination absorbs the vibrations through the shaft more fully and makes the pro orange feel smoother.

Edited by TollBros, 20 May 2017 - 11:52 PM.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

12

#43 campion

campion

    3-jack-king

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135803
  • Joined: 08/09/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM

Tollbros thanks for the info I'm courious what do you do a living? I'm guessing you own a fitting business? Either way always enjoy your posts and the data in them. Is the orange giving everyone more ball speed.. looking at the data that seems to be the one with the highest ball speed

13

#44 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:49 AM

View Postcampion, on 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Tollbros thanks for the info I'm courious what do you do a living? I'm guessing you own a fitting business? Either way always enjoy your posts and the data in them. Is the orange giving everyone more ball speed.. looking at the data that seems to be the one with the highest ball speed

Without yet being a board sponsor, I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for the company I work for. The short answer is it's a business that evaluates golf equipment through an independent test panel and provides highly detailed data and feedback. These tests are like a cliff notes version.

As for the oranges, it depends on the player, as to what differences they see. Some things are more pronounced at higher speeds and some things translate through the entire group. I will be updating every other day until the whole picture is clear.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

14

#45 campion

campion

    3-jack-king

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 135803
  • Joined: 08/09/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 93

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:57 AM

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

View Postcampion, on 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Tollbros thanks for the info I'm courious what do you do a living? I'm guessing you own a fitting business? Either way always enjoy your posts and the data in them. Is the orange giving everyone more ball speed.. looking at the data that seems to be the one with the highest ball speed

Without yet being a board sponsor, I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for the company I work for. The short answer is it's a business that evaluates golf equipment through an independent test panel and provides highly detailed data and feedback. These tests are like a cliff notes version.

As for the oranges, it depends on the player, as to what differences they see. Some things are more pronounced at higher speeds and some things translate through the entire group. I will be updating every other day until the whole picture is clear.

Awesome can't wait to read the details


15

#46 moonshine

moonshine

    I'm finally a LTD believer

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,830 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Joined: 06/14/2007
  • Location:North Charleston, SC
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 622

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:01 AM

So are the orange versions for instance widely avail or you have to "know" someone to get them?  I assume as a tester your are given to you or you use then and then return for data purposes only?  thanks

I'm a bit curious about ball variances as well.  The ball(s) tested or off the shelf or special versions tour only as well?  thanks..again!
"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

16

#47 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 21 May 2017 - 12:14 PM

View Postmoonshine, on 21 May 2017 - 10:01 AM, said:

So are the orange versions for instance widely avail or you have to "know" someone to get them?  I assume as a tester your are given to you or you use then and then return for data purposes only?  thanks

I'm a bit curious about ball variances as well.  The ball(s) tested or off the shelf or special versions tour only as well?  thanks..again!

Some of the products are retail and some are Tour only at the moment. This test is to test the best of the best on tour and in the market and the products generating the most buzz. As for the balls used in testing, we use off the shelf golf balls that you can buy at any store.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

17

#48 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 21 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

Rickey's 112ss data posted.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

18

#49 JStang

JStang

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122217
  • Joined: 02/13/2011
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

What do you think causes the Pro White to be among he slowest swing speeds from all 3 players thus far?
917 D3 - Diamana White LTD
917 F2  - Tensei Pro Blue
915H  - Rogue Black Tour
4-PW 718 AP2's
50, 54, 58 SM6

Callaway O-Works 2 Ball
Bridgestone B330

19

#50 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:58 PM

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

What do you think causes the Pro White to be among he slowest swing speeds from all 3 players thus far?

To be honest I hadn't noticed, but you're right so far. I think it's possible, if you see the shaft we first 3 play, they are much more butt stiff shafts so the feel of the white profile isn't exactly what is ideal. Now saying that, the launch and spin are very good with all 3 data blocks. There's nothing wrong with the shaft, just the feel dynamic coming into play I'd say, where maybe you don't quite release it as efficiently. Every player will have a comfort zone with certain profiles or balance points that can yield marginal differences of maybe 1-2 mph either way.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,242 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4998

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:15 PM

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

View Postcampion, on 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Tollbros thanks for the info I'm courious what do you do a living? I'm guessing you own a fitting business? Either way always enjoy your posts and the data in them. Is the orange giving everyone more ball speed.. looking at the data that seems to be the one with the highest ball speed

Without yet being a board sponsor, I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for the company I work for. The short answer is it's a business that evaluates golf equipment through an independent test panel and provides highly detailed data and feedback. These tests are like a cliff notes version.

As for the oranges, it depends on the player, as to what differences they see. Some things are more pronounced at higher speeds and some things translate through the entire group. I will be updating every other day until the whole picture is clear.
And all this time I thought you were a golf geek that built houses. :)
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

21

#52 blev2

blev2

    Blev

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80331
  • Joined: 04/16/2009
  • Location:Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 21 May 2017 - 07:33 PM

Knew I shoulda bought stock in the pro orange...

22

#53 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

View PostShilgy, on 21 May 2017 - 07:15 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

View Postcampion, on 21 May 2017 - 09:34 AM, said:

Tollbros thanks for the info I'm courious what do you do a living? I'm guessing you own a fitting business? Either way always enjoy your posts and the data in them. Is the orange giving everyone more ball speed.. looking at the data that seems to be the one with the highest ball speed

Without yet being a board sponsor, I don't want to turn this into an advertisement for the company I work for. The short answer is it's a business that evaluates golf equipment through an independent test panel and provides highly detailed data and feedback. These tests are like a cliff notes version.

As for the oranges, it depends on the player, as to what differences they see. Some things are more pronounced at higher speeds and some things translate through the entire group. I will be updating every other day until the whole picture is clear.
And all this time I thought you were a golf geek that built houses. :)

The Tollbros thing is an inside joke among friends. My last name is Toll. Without going into too much detail, my buddies would tell girls I was the heir to the Toll Brothers empire for wow factor, so basically at this point I just roll with it since there is no fighting it. Haha. But no, I wish, but I have no relation to the high end builder.

Edited by TollBros, 21 May 2017 - 08:31 PM.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

23

#54 JStang

JStang

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122217
  • Joined: 02/13/2011
  • Location:FL
  • Handicap:8.4
GolfWRX Likes : 887

Posted 21 May 2017 - 08:47 PM

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

What do you think causes the Pro White to be among he slowest swing speeds from all 3 players thus far?

To be honest I hadn't noticed, but you're right so far. I think it's possible, if you see the shaft we first 3 play, they are much more butt stiff shafts so the feel of the white profile isn't exactly what is ideal. Now saying that, the launch and spin are very good with all 3 data blocks. There's nothing wrong with the shaft, just the feel dynamic coming into play I'd say, where maybe you don't quite release it as efficiently. Every player will have a comfort zone with certain profiles or balance points that can yield marginal differences of maybe 1-2 mph either way.

Maybe I'm looking at this chart wrong but in order from most to least butt stiff doesn't it go Pro Blue, Pro White, Pro Orange?


917 D3 - Diamana White LTD
917 F2  - Tensei Pro Blue
915H  - Rogue Black Tour
4-PW 718 AP2's
50, 54, 58 SM6

Callaway O-Works 2 Ball
Bridgestone B330

24

#55 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 21 May 2017 - 09:11 PM

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

What do you think causes the Pro White to be among he slowest swing speeds from all 3 players thus far?

To be honest I hadn't noticed, but you're right so far. I think it's possible, if you see the shaft we first 3 play, they are much more butt stiff shafts so the feel of the white profile isn't exactly what is ideal. Now saying that, the launch and spin are very good with all 3 data blocks. There's nothing wrong with the shaft, just the feel dynamic coming into play I'd say, where maybe you don't quite release it as efficiently. Every player will have a comfort zone with certain profiles or balance points that can yield marginal differences of maybe 1-2 mph either way.

Maybe I'm looking at this chart wrong but in order from most to least butt stiff doesn't it go Pro Blue, Pro White, Pro Orange?



The extreme butt is about the same as white for pro orange but the stiffness is more linear. Also the balance of the shaft being higher gives it the feeling of less handle flex. When you swing both, the pro white feels more flexible in the handle. Sometimes focusing on one point of the graph doesn't tell the whole story. No question Pro Orange FEELS less flexible in the handle. This is also the first Tensei with tungsten resin technology so that may have some affect on the feel as well. I always find the graphs interesting when new tech comes along and changes the player's perception during the swing. Very cool how they can manipulate the feel, balance, and load with different materials.

Edited by TollBros, 21 May 2017 - 09:19 PM.

http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

25

#56 noodle3872

noodle3872

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,270 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
  • Joined: 11/26/2005
  • Location:Chilliwack B.C. Canada
GolfWRX Likes : 252

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:28 AM

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

What do you think causes the Pro White to be among he slowest swing speeds from all 3 players thus far?

To be honest I hadn't noticed, but you're right so far. I think it's possible, if you see the shaft we first 3 play, they are much more butt stiff shafts so the feel of the white profile isn't exactly what is ideal. Now saying that, the launch and spin are very good with all 3 data blocks. There's nothing wrong with the shaft, just the feel dynamic coming into play I'd say, where maybe you don't quite release it as efficiently. Every player will have a comfort zone with certain profiles or balance points that can yield marginal differences of maybe 1-2 mph either way.

Maybe I'm looking at this chart wrong but in order from most to least butt stiff doesn't it go Pro Blue, Pro White, Pro Orange?


Very cool how they can manipulate the feel, balance, and load with different materials.

And IMHO this is what Mitsubishi does better than any other shaft manufacturing company.
Taylormade M2 10.5° driver MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 S
Taylormade M2 15° fairway wood MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S
Taylormade M2 19° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 80 S
Taylormade M2 22° hybrid MCA OT Tour Hybrid 90 S
Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli Hi 4 iron Modus3 Tour 105 S
Mizuno MP-18 MB irons 5-PW Modus3 Tour 105 S
Mizuno S18 Gunmetal Wedges 50°-07°, 56°-14° & 62°-08° Modus3 Wedge 105
Taylormade Ardmore 2 putter
Taylormade TP5x golf ball

26

#57 TollBros

TollBros

    Overseer of the Test Range

  • Sponsors
  • 2,558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438250
  • Joined: 08/25/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 1811

Posted 22 May 2017 - 08:49 AM

View Postnoodle3872, on 22 May 2017 - 03:28 AM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

View PostTollBros, on 21 May 2017 - 06:58 PM, said:

View PostJStang, on 21 May 2017 - 06:43 PM, said:

What do you think causes the Pro White to be among he slowest swing speeds from all 3 players thus far?

To be honest I hadn't noticed, but you're right so far. I think it's possible, if you see the shaft we first 3 play, they are much more butt stiff shafts so the feel of the white profile isn't exactly what is ideal. Now saying that, the launch and spin are very good with all 3 data blocks. There's nothing wrong with the shaft, just the feel dynamic coming into play I'd say, where maybe you don't quite release it as efficiently. Every player will have a comfort zone with certain profiles or balance points that can yield marginal differences of maybe 1-2 mph either way.

Maybe I'm looking at this chart wrong but in order from most to least butt stiff doesn't it go Pro Blue, Pro White, Pro Orange?


Very cool how they can manipulate the feel, balance, and load with different materials.

And IMHO this is what Mitsubishi does better than any other shaft manufacturing company.

I agree 100%.
http://www.golfwrx.c...evaluationscom/

Please click the link above for our Sponsor area with rare and Tour only products.

27

#58 manima1

manima1

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394214
  • Joined: 09/01/2015
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:11.3
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:41 PM

Thanks for bringing this back JT, excited to see the rest of the data.

The PO looks to be turning in a pretty dominant run here.  Only spins a bit more than the KKDC but higher launch angle and ball speeds.  

If I wasn't so happy with the KKDC I would be trying to get my hands on one.  Will be interesting to see what happens with the lower swing speed players - I will be looking at these (2) shafts closely.
Taylormade '16 M2 8.5->7.5 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx
Taylormade '16 M2HL DF- Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx
Srixon zU45 18 degree - S400
Srixon z765 3 iron - S400
Srixon z745 4-9 - S400
SM6 46.08F - S400
SM5 52.08F - Wedge Flex
SM5 60.08M - Wedge Flex
Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line

28

#59 msands12

msands12

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59355
  • Joined: 07/01/2008
  • Location:Dallas, TX
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:msands12
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 22 May 2017 - 02:56 PM

Thanks TB for all this work and information. Pretty awesome to provide your time and knowledge to the forum. Got a quick question. I currently play a Rogue 125 70TX in my Epic SZ. What shaft(s) on this list would be something I should look into trying if I got the bug to experiment?

29

#60 NRJyzr

NRJyzr

    new pup Séamus

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,923 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72626
  • Joined: 01/12/2009
  • Location:Minnesota, USA
  • Ebay ID:n.r.jyzr
GolfWRX Likes : 4295

Posted 22 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

Completely awesome stuff.  <salute>

Having a stick with the HZRDUS 75, I'm not especially surprised to see the spin numbers being generated.  Tossing another shaft in that clubhead gave me a lower trajectory and, based upon on-course results, lower spin.

Look forward to seeing how the entire project shakes out...

The Ever Changing Bag!

Driver:  King LTD, HZRDUS 75 6.5 at 44½" --or-- R9 SuperDeep, Motore F1 85 X at 43½"

3w:  Stage 2 Tour 14.5°, BiMatrix X at 42½"

3h Stage 2 Tour, NV105 S and 3-PW Golden Ram TW276, NV105 S
--or--
2-PW Golden Ram TW282, Precision 6.5

SW:  Ram TG-898 56°, NV105 S  --or--  Golden Ram TW282 56°, Precision 6.5
LW:  Maltby Design 60°, NV105 S  --or--  Maltby Design 60°, DGS300 tipped 1"
Putter:  Cleveland Huntington Beach #1 35"
Balls:  in no particular order...  Wilson Staff FG Tour or 50 Elite, Srixon ZStar/ZStar XV, Vice Pro Neon
Shoes by New Balance
Pure Pro grips, various colors

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors