Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Arccos 360 Shot Tracker

96 replies to this topic

#91 MSchad

MSchad

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93174
GolfWRX Likes : 63

Posted 23 August 2017 - 07:35 AM

View Postzeke013, on 22 August 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Just had my first sensor go down.  Disappointed to see that happen after only 20 rounds.

They are supposed to last years, not months.

On the bright side, Arccos is shipping a free replacement.

I would like to see them include 15/16 sensors. That way if one goes down, you can swap it out and not have to wait for the replacement. When you receive it, you set it a side for the next to drop.

Taylormade M2
Nike Sumo 3w, 5w
Nike CPR 26*
Mizuno JPX-EZ Forged, 5-PW
Cleveland 588 RTX 50,54,58
Scotty Futura X7M DB
Precision Pro NX7 Pro
Arccos Game Tracker

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#92 fawley

fawley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3167
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:15 AM

I'm thinking of picking up a set of these.  The reviews / comments here have been really helpful.

Can anyone give me a more detailed overview of how the putting works?  Do you have to manually assign the hole position after the round?  Tag it somehow when you hole out?  How accurate are the putting distance numbers that the app gives you?

#93 MIKEK

MIKEK

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 139964
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:30 AM

Yes you need to move the flag to have accurate info for " distance to the hole" information. Very easy to do. After I make my last putt I pull the phone out of the pocket check score and # of putts then hit edit move the flag to the proper location( just put your finger on the flag and move) hit done.

#94 North Butte

North Butte

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,727 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 424472
GolfWRX Likes : 3586

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:35 AM

Serious question. Do the guys you play with not object to your editing things on your phone every hole before leaving the green?

I do not think my usual group would care to see that at all. I certainly would find it very annoying.

Then again my bunch of crusty old guys have been known to ask people to quit fiddling with alignment marks before putting and we're not fans of manhole cover sized poker chips to mark putts.
Engaged in the eternal search for the elusive Swedish meatball cores...

#95 zeke013

zeke013

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441524
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 29 August 2017 - 09:53 AM

View PostNorth Butte, on 29 August 2017 - 09:35 AM, said:

Serious question. Do the guys you play with not object to your editing things on your phone every hole before leaving the green?

I do not think my usual group would care to see that at all. I certainly would find it very annoying.

Then again my bunch of crusty old guys have been known to ask people to quit fiddling with alignment marks before putting and we're not fans of manhole cover sized poker chips to mark putts.

I may be in a unique position because I also have an Apple watch.  All I have to do is flick my wrist to confirm it logged the correct score.  I just tap the watch face if the odd putt here or there isn't saved - or if I need to add a gimme.

If I didn't have the watch I might be more leery of pulling out the phone.

But the watch solves that problem entirely.

ETA: I also don't move the pin location after every hole.

Edited by zeke013, 29 August 2017 - 09:53 AM.

#96 fawley

fawley

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3167
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:11 AM

View PostMIKEK, on 29 August 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

Yes you need to move the flag to have accurate info for " distance to the hole" information. Very easy to do. After I make my last putt I pull the phone out of the pocket check score and # of putts then hit edit move the flag to the proper location( just put your finger on the flag and move) hit done.

Thanks

Follow up question.

In terms of average distances for each club, how (if at all) does it account for shots that aren't full swing shots?  For example, if I hit 3 shots with my 4 iron, 2 of them are 190 yards, and 1 of them is a 100 yard knock down to go under a tree, does it screw up the averages / recommendations the system spits out?  Similarly if I hit my sand wedge 100 yards with a full swing from the fairway, but also use it for most shots around the green, how does that factor in?

#97 HarrisonBB

HarrisonBB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 478348
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:N/A
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 29 August 2017 - 06:20 PM

I believe it does not count your longest or shortest shot for a club. It takes an average from all your other shots and the more you use it for a consistent distance (full swings) it will provide you that average. Of course the less shots, or earlier calculations (first couple rounds) may make that distance jump around a bit until you establish a baseline, then things are consistent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors