Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

RAW BALLS!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 sambo400 II

sambo400 II

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50955
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:58 PM

There is a thread about that Slazenger Raw ball commercial with the buchar shop, but the newer one is even more...insane is the best way to put it.  

It starts with these guys wearing golf sweaters saying "I cant take another nine like that".  Then these two huge guys wearing all black come up to the halfway house and say "Hey Katie, the usuial"  or something like that.  The girl is pretty hot, and also wearing all black.  Then she puts a bunch of meat and a raw egg in a blender, and while she is blending, one of the first two guys comes up and says "Can I get another granola bar?" and she just glares at him.  He walks away, and she comes to the big guys and says "You'll enjoy these" and puts down the meatshakes and three boxes of slazenger Raw golf balls.  Then it goes to the next tee and one of the sweater guys hits his drive and the big guys are like "What is that?  220?"  "These guys are ready to get pounded, again".  Then one of the huge guys hits his raw and the girl pops onto the screne and her eyes change coler when she looks at you, then you see the ball roll up next to the hole, then it starts bleeding.  I should also note that a chained up black panther can be seen several times during the commercial.  
There is probobly other stuff i forgot, but you get the gist.
There are a few things that i just dont understand about this commercial (besides the crazyness)
1.  If these big guys are so good, why do they need three boxes of balls at the turn.
2.  The big guy has a really stange, off balance swing
3.  Who is Dicks trying to appeal to with this
4.  Why wouldnt she sell that guy a granola bar

This isnt nessisarily a hate thread, i just want to hear what others think of this commercial, or if this seems normal to anybody.  It is one of a line of what I think are really strange golf commercials made by Dicks.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 PurePursuit

PurePursuit

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38491
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:02 PM

I've seen this one, and it is a ridiculous commercial and I can't figure out who the hell they are targeting.  That girl is simply amazing though :wub:

#3 Titleist87

Titleist87

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,741 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6994
GolfWRX Likes : 399

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:39 PM

Probably trying to tell the guys to build some muscle with a meat/egg shake (protein for muscle growth) but in meantime, use the Slazenger Raw ball.
Cobra Fly-Z+ Aldila DVS
MacGregor MT 4w Aldila DVS
Titleist 915H 3
Ben Hogan Apex Edge Pro/'87 Titleist Tour Model/'86 Spalding Tour Edition
MacGregor MT Don White 50, 54, 58
Titleist SC Studio Design 5

#4 Konrad

Konrad

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18600

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

1. If these big guys are so good, why do they need three boxes of balls at the turn.

With their 120+ MPH swingspeed, they often knock the covers right off the golf balls.

2. The big guy has a really strange, off balance swing

Psssh, that's ridiculous. So does a guy named Jason Zubak, and look what he does. Who values your opinion anyways?

3. Who is Dicks trying to appeal to with this?

Uhh, dumb question. Golfers. Everyone I know wants to hit the ball a long way, and clearly the blazing speed of a Slazenger Raw Distance will bring that to you. These balls, combined with a Hammer driver could literally puncture a hole in the Moon.

4. Why wouldn't she sell that guy a granola bar

Because granola bars are for sissies. Preppy sissies who wear yellow sweatervests and comb over there golden blond hair. I know that at the turn all I want is some ground up raw cougar meat, and some new Slazenger Raw's. I like raw balls and a raw stomach. Don't you?!?

#5 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:45 PM

View PostKonrad, on Mar 8 2008, 06:40 PM, said:

1. If these big guys are so good, why do they need three boxes of balls at the turn.

With their 120+ MPH swingspeed, they often knock the covers right off the golf balls.

2. The big guy has a really strange, off balance swing

Psssh, that's ridiculous. So does a guy named Jason Zubak, and look what he does. Who values your opinion anyways?

3. Who is Dicks trying to appeal to with this?

Uhh, dumb question. Golfers. Everyone I know wants to hit the ball a long way, and clearly the blazing speed of a Slazenger Raw Distance will bring that to you. These balls, combined with a Hammer driver could literally puncture a hole in the Moon.

4. Why wouldn't she sell that guy a granola bar

Because granola bars are for sissies. Preppy sissies who wear yellow sweatervests and comb over there golden blond hair. I know that at the turn all I want is some ground up raw cougar meat, and some new Slazenger Raw's. I like raw balls and a raw stomach. Don't you?!?

:wub: I almost just wet myself!

#6 beachgrovejunior

beachgrovejunior

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24446
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:21 PM

This thread delivers (Title was kind of shocking LOL)

#7 Ghost_Orchid

Ghost_Orchid

Golf Junkie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37491
  • Handicap:1
  • Ebay ID:ClearCoat2
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:48 PM

Its advertisment, as weird as the commercial is, you REMEMBER it, and so do most other ppl.

I drink sprite now, couldnt get that damn christmas hawk commercial out of my head.  Walked passed it in the supermarket, thought of the stupid christmas hawk and tried it.

weak mind, weak mind.

#8 Pinehurst1999

Pinehurst1999

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28664
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:02 PM

I am an advertising whore as well.  I always feel like "if I enjoyed that ad/commercial, I am obligated to try the product".  Definately a weak mind. :wub:

Edited by gocanes1, 08 March 2008 - 10:03 PM.

#9 sambo400 II

sambo400 II

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:08 PM

yeah, but if i ever shell out 15$ for Raw Balls at dicks, i ask now that god strike me dead.  They gave out free 2 packs, and i gave one to my dog, and chiped with the other in my backyard

#10 pro11ace

pro11ace

Advanced

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23030
  • Ebay ID:hummel050252

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:14 PM

All the guy wanted was a granola bar...  :wub:

BTW: Does anyone have a link to it?

Edited by pro11ace, 08 March 2008 - 10:18 PM.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 sambo400 II

sambo400 II

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 10:23 PM

View Postpro11ace, on Mar 8 2008, 10:14 PM, said:

All the guy wanted was a granola bar... :wub:

I couldnt find it anywhere

#12 The Chicken Connoisseur

The Chicken Connoisseur

The Pengest Munch

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,436 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39894
GolfWRX Likes : 755

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:06 AM

Don't get the golf channel anymore, anyone post a pic of the girl?

#13 Purealive

Purealive

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45732
  • Ebay ID:none

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:04 AM

Sambo, is this a serious thread?  Or do you work for the advertising team that put together the commercial?  If you don't, then well done, you have just justified some marketeers salary.

#14 jimbonecrusher

jimbonecrusher

Skydiving - It is like explaining sex to virgins

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21233
GolfWRX Likes : 141

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:45 AM

after reading the title, I was going to say to get some Gold Bond powder and wear some loose drawers, but after reading through the first post, I can understand you confusion.

I think that the commercial is rather off kilter, because it shows nothing about how raw meat and some raw golfballs is going to help you play better.  I can say that obviously it is a play on words, and that they are trying to appeal to the short hitting crowd by trying to show them how much distance can be received by switching to the Slazenger RAW golfballs.  I am not their target audience, but the fact that they made a golfball bleed was pretty interesting.  It would make it hard to keep your golf towel from turning pink from all of the cleaning of the blood.

#15 atlanta golfer

atlanta golfer

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35725
  • Handicap:7.6
GolfWRX Likes : 83

Posted 09 March 2008 - 09:02 AM

I think everybody dislikes both these commercials as much as we do, because I noticed in this morning's Sunday paper Dick's circular they now have a buy one get one free deal for these balls.  Looks like they are trying to clear them out.

#16 BallSpinner

BallSpinner

Does this hirsute make me look fat?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38174
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 March 2008 - 10:16 AM

View PostGhost_Orchid, on Mar 8 2008, 06:48 PM, said:

I drink sprite now, couldnt get that damn christmas hawk commercial out of my head.  Walked passed it in the supermarket, thought of the stupid christmas hawk and tried it.

Christmas hawk?

View Postpro11ace, on Mar 8 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

All the guy wanted was a granola bar...  :no2:

could only find the first one

#17 Ghost_Orchid

Ghost_Orchid

Golf Junkie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,903 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37491
  • Handicap:1
  • Ebay ID:ClearCoat2
GolfWRX Likes : 166

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:39 AM

View PostBallSpinner, on Mar 9 2008, 10:16 AM, said:

View PostGhost_Orchid, on Mar 8 2008, 06:48 PM, said:

Christmas hawk?

View Postpro11ace, on Mar 8 2008, 07:14 PM, said:

All the guy wanted was a granola bar...  :wub:

could only find the first one

Yeah, one guy tells the other about the Christmas Hawk, the other guy sez there's no such thing, a Hawk shows up, the non-believer sez yeah, but its not a Christmas Hawk, then the Hawk starts singing Jingle Bells...oh, all while sipping Spirte.

#18 BallSpinner

BallSpinner

Does this hirsute make me look fat?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38174
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 09 March 2008 - 11:53 AM

View PostGhost_Orchid, on Mar 9 2008, 08:39 AM, said:

Yeah, one guy tells the other about the Christmas Hawk, the other guy sez there's no such thing, a Hawk shows up, the non-believer sez yeah, but its not a Christmas Hawk, then the Hawk starts singing Jingle Bells...oh, all while sipping Spirte.

:wub:

You sure that wasn't an acid flashback?!?!

Posted Image

#19 thenewbie

thenewbie

Chimpanzee that monkey news!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26703
  • Ebay ID:skapoppunkcore
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:12 PM

View PostGhost_Orchid, on Mar 8 2008, 09:48 PM, said:

Its advertisment, as weird as the commercial is, you REMEMBER it, and so do most other ppl.

weak mind, weak mind.

the only problem is, the christmas hawk was a sierra mist commercial.  so I suppose all they did was make you want lemon-lime soda.

#20 TimV

TimV

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38964
  • Handicap:yes
  • Ebay ID:viceman-1
GolfWRX Likes : 1026

Posted 09 March 2008 - 05:03 PM

I have to say that this is the funniest thread I have read in a long time.
Good job guys... :wub:

Am I ready to try playing the Raw Balls yet? :yess:

Vintage: 60 Wilson Staff 2-PW w/t Custom Stan Thompson Persimmon Woods (2, 3, & 4,) and early Acushnet Bullseye Brass Putter
Vintage Walking Set: 65 Palmer Tru-Matics: 2, 4, 6, 8, PW, SW w/t Cleveland Classic 485 Persimmon Driver and Ginty Laminate 4 Wood, First Flight Green Master Putter - Nassau Bag in a ClubLine Walking Cart
Classic: 75 Wilson Staff  2- 9I, Wilson Light X1 PW, Lynx NiCr SW, Power/Bilt Laminate Driver, 3 & 4 Woods, Wilson Augusta Putter
Modern Classic: Mizuno Grad MP 2 Iron, 85 Mizuno Cimarron 3-PW Blades & Mizuno RSF 90 BeCu w/t various Persimmons, Laminates, & Metal woods from the 80's and early 90's, Chico's Tomahawk or Bobby Grace "The Fat Lady Swings" pat/pen Putter
Modern: 07 Ping G10 (YD) Draw Driver & 4 Wood, 3 & 4 Hybrid, 5-SW w/t Ping Anser Putter

Founding Father of the Jolly Roger Golf Association Member #1 (and only.)
You can join but you have to get the tattoo
;)
Spank the Persimmon or Walk the Plank!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors