Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Juniors Get No Respect

34 replies to this topic

#1 scoodoodle

scoodoodle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5315
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:08 PM

I dont know about you guys, but when ever i go to a golf galaxy or golfsmith to get a new club or even at a golf course, i dont get any respect.  They always think that we are bad and i know that more than half the time i am better than them.  At golf shops, they give you those really thick irons when you ask for a thin one.  When you swing and hit the ball they are amazed about how good you hit it.  

Then they try to give you tips on how to make your swing better. One time my brother (who is a 2) was hitting balls at golf galaxy and this guy was trying to tell him that his grip was to strong.  He gets this from everyone, so he finally snapped at the guy saying that he thinks that he knows what he is doing cause he is a 2 and the other guy is who said earlier that he is a solid 7.  He guy shut up the rest of the time that he were hitting.  

Then there are the guys at demo days.  I need a new set of irons cause mine are old and the shafts are too weak for me.  They had a taylormade demo day today and i went with my dad and the guy asks if he could help us.  My dad tells him that both he and i need new irons.  He immediatley helps my dad, who i am better than, giving him the r7 tp irons to try.  When he finally helps me, he gives me a r7 cgb max iron with a regular shaft in it.  I hit one shot with it and stopped cause i cant look at something that big.  Then he had the new tour burner drivers there so i picked one of those up and was just killing it.  The guy tells me i have a good swing and im killing that driver, so i ask about irons again and he made an improvement.  He set me up with the burner tour irons, which arent bad but i want something like the r7 tp's.  I then tried the r7 tp that he set up for my dad and he realized that i can hit that iron but made no effort to have me to get to buy one.

Then there are times at the golf course.  I just started to work at my home course, but before that, i was treated like crap.  I would try to go up after school and play and one of the starters tells me that they are full.  I look over at the 1st tee and i see 3 guys about to tee off.  I ask if i could go with them and the starter told me that they are a good group of golfers and he didn't want me to hold them up.  I told the guy that i wouldn't hold them up, but he wouldn't let me go.  I had to wait for 2 hours to get off.  Then there was a time when the members treat me bad.  Over the 9th green is a putting green which im on.  So i was putting when someone hits a ball over the green.  They can not find the ball and they see that i am putting with 3 balls so they think that one of the balls is theirs.  The guy says exactly "Can you give me my ball back".  I told him that i had no idea what he was talking about and that i didnt have his ball.  He went storming back to the 9th green and what does he see, his ball in the back bunker.  When he finishes the hole he drives right by me in his cart and doesnt even apolgize.  

Do you guys have problems or stories like this or do you guys actauly get some respect where you play?  (Feel free to add on to this rant)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 italianstallion

italianstallion

Bethpage Black - 8th hole

• Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,750 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 246

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:18 PM

I am never treated like that anywhere, but maybe that's because I treat everyone with respect. If they hand you a club you don't want to try, then tell them nicely you want to try a different one. If they are giving you tips, try them out and see what happens THEN decide whether or not you are going to use it. If your friend just tried one shot with a different grip, instead of being a jerk about it,  what's the most he has to lose? Try the new grip or tip, if it works great, if it doesn't forget about it. As for taking care of your father before you, ultimately not only is your father the older one but hes the one with the check book.

So, in short, treat everyone with respect, grin, and bear it. Being a junior golfer is great, because we have so much time on our hands to play and practice. When you get older, sure you get respect but you're going to have less time to play, and more aches and pains to play through....so i think it's a fair trade off
http://thefairwayreview.weebly.com/

#3 oregongolf

oregongolf

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15806
GolfWRX Likes : 641

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:21 PM

Ahh, we've all been there.

The above poster is right though, you suck it up and deal with it.

Come on now, you might get shafted at certain points, but you more than make up for it in playing on junior rates.

I miss the days when I used to play Pumpkin Ridge for $20!

#4 scoodoodle

scoodoodle

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5315

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:26 PM

I do treat everyone with respect and i try to suck it up but sometimes i tell them that i am looking for a certain type of club and they still give me those clubs.  Sometimes i do over react but i treat people how they treat me.

#5 LJ_GOLF1

LJ_GOLF1

FUBAR

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46942

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:35 PM

I didn't have it nearly as bad as you guys when I was in highschool. Infact it was kind of nice. The course I practiced at was great. The older guys always wanted to talk and play with you. They often came to our matches and were more than willing to let us play through. I have heard my fair share of horror stories though. Well, I hope it gets better for you guys.

#6 muxi87

muxi87

muxi87

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,094 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32234
GolfWRX Likes : 122

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:40 PM

chill out man...it's not just juniors...

Most retail golf shop workers believe they are better than EVERYONE that comes in.  Even when I go to a demo day or something the guys running the booths talk down to me.  A guy with Nike handed me a square hybrid with a REGULAR stock shaft and said this should work out for you.  I just looked at it, laughed, handed it back, and said no thanks while walking away.  I was genuinely interested in seeing how solid the hybrids would be.

A TaylorMade rep handed me the stock R7 irons with the stock regular shaft.  When he asked me what I was currently playing and I told him the Rac MB with Project X 6.0, his eyes just about popped out of his head.

A Mizuno rep tried to get me to insist I try the new ultra game improvement iron, but I insisted on trying the new blade.  After some haggling to get him to go fetch me one, I hit it and it was fairly smooth--he even commented on my solid ballstriking with it.

All those examples aren't to brag, but to show you that it happens to us all, not just juniors.  When I was a junior, I believed exactly what you do, but now that I'm not a junior and I still get no respect from golf shop workers, I know that isn't so.

#7 k-unit

k-unit

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 321 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2288

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

suck it up. adults get attended to first because they have the money, the taylormade guy doesnt give a crap that you can beat your dad, big deal!. hes the one with a job and a bank account with cash.  And they hand you a big club because in general, kids arent as good as they think and a game improvement iron or something of the sort is what they really need. They are just doing their job, suck it up.
and if you cant get out at your course, just be nice to the guy. at my course im always friendly to the older starters and even buy them a coffee once in a while. just treat people with respect as said above.

#8 hattrick3518

hattrick3518

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,854 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 23222
  • Ebay ID:hockeyboy5253
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 08 March 2008 - 03:48 PM

yeah i never get that kinda shtick, i get along with most everyone there cuz they know i treat their inventory with respect and i have had a lot of club work done by them. never really gotten snuffed out or anything. i am actually on my way down there right now to get a new shaft in my hybrid  :wub:

#9 alcap26

alcap26

Major Winner

• Charter Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 81
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:15 PM

One thing I can add and please do not take this as being condescending but when you go to look at clubs or try clubs look the part.  I am not saying you looked like a slob but this is just a general tip.  I have seen juniors that came in with their shirt tucked in and looked the part get much better service than one that looked unkempt.  Just advice...not judgement but perception and first impressions are paramount.

To get respect you have to earn respect.

Edited by alcap26, 08 March 2008 - 04:15 PM.

#10 JamesFoote

JamesFoote

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 230 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 48684
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 08 March 2008 - 04:34 PM

I'm lucky enough to be apart of quite a nice private club. Many of the members there are seniors. I do find that they look down of many of the juniors and many are not willing to introduce themselves. Although sometimes it does get to me, i understand that many just want to go there, play golf and go home.

I'm by no means saying that none of them talk to the juniors, but on a whole very few are willing to make the effort to make us feel comfortable. I guess all you can really do is smile, be polite and speak when spoken to. Don't worry, we'll get our chance to be grumpy some day, think of this as training.

Edited by JamesFoote, 08 March 2008 - 04:35 PM.

Titleist 909D3 w/ Diamana Whiteboard 73x
Titleist 906F2 w/ Diamana Bluebored 83x
Mizuno MP-4 3-PW w/ KBS C-Taper x-flex
Scratch Tour Department 52*
Cleveland Reg. 588 56* & 60*
Scotty Cameron Studio Style Newport 2

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 againstthegrain

againstthegrain

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13492
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:26 PM

Just let your game do the talking....you'll earn the most respect that way.  BTW, GG and GS is big box retail just like wally world or home despot you just can't expect decent service although I am sure there is a certain % that is excellent.

#12 philfan316

philfan316

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 33051
  • Ebay ID:thedarkknight
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

I agree with the topic starter scoodoodle on this one.  I am sick of walking into golf stores and talking to people that have developed theories on clubs, clubmaking, lie fitting and just giving tips to golfers that don't need tips.  It is there job to tend to the customer that is front of them, not to develop the same rhetoric of false information that they feed to the 1 handicap and the 15 handicap.  BS that they should only pay attention to adults because I had some friends that carried some fat cash all the time and they would shell out 700 to 800 bucks if they wanted something.  We were 16 -18 years old at that time.  I wish I had that luxury, but that doesn't mean the golf store employees should write me off as a penniless kid.

Usually the golf store employees are the ones that jump on the customers and then you feel like getting into an argument but you know it's hopeless.

I could rant and rave all day, but the next employee that tries to feed me some bs is going to get it....Bill O'Reilly style.

Edited by philfan316, 08 March 2008 - 05:39 PM.

#13 sambo400 II

sambo400 II

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50955

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:37 PM

Its a mixed bag for me.  At some places they really embrace junior golf and are excited to have you there.  Other places (of all qualities) seem like you are offending them by being in high school (They should remember that we will be the members in 30 years).  The club my family belongs to is nice.  Its by lake erie, and hardly anyone ever plays besides on weekend mornings (when juniors cant play for some reason), but ill just walk out onto the coures and start practacing and nobody seems to care.

The club thing is a different story.  You cant tell how good someone is unless you watch them play, and i think that club salesmen are just doing their job by recommending first some easier to hit clubs.  This happened to me at Golf Smith, but i knew that the guy was just doing what he should have done.  After figuring which Irons i was getting, I tried some shafts.  One type i wanted to try was only in this blade 6 iron, so he gets it, and I hit it 200 yards into the launch monnitor.  He started stuttering

#14 kblakeney35

kblakeney35

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6562
  • Ebay ID:blaketrier

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:52 PM

View Postscoodoodle, on Mar 8 2008, 02:26 PM, said:

Sometimes i do over react but i treat people how they treat me.

Dude, it doesn't work like that. You're supposed to treat people the way YOU WANT TO BE TREATED.

#15 philfan316

philfan316

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:08 PM

View Postalcap26, on Mar 8 2008, 04:15 PM, said:

One thing I can add and please do not take this as being condescending but when you go to look at clubs or try clubs look the part.  I am not saying you looked like a slob but this is just a general tip.  I have seen juniors that came in with their shirt tucked in and looked the part get much better service than one that looked unkempt.  Just advice...not judgement but perception and first impressions are paramount.

To get respect you have to earn respect.

If you look like a golfer, you will be treated like one.  If you come in wearing street clothes from American Eagle or Timbaland boots, then you deserve to be handed a basketball or a guitar.  If you come in wearing your lacoste shirt and plaid shorts with your Titleist trucker cap, then you will probably be scoffed at by the older guys.  So keep it to regular fit jeans, Nike UV Tech Polos, simple garment washed Titleist caps, and some Adidas running shoes, people will help you out more so than a 50 cent lookalike scoping out the Slazenger golf balls.

#16 Konrad

Konrad

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,125 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18600

Posted 08 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

View Postphilfan316, on Mar 8 2008, 06:08 PM, said:

If you look like a golfer, you will be treated like one.  If you come in wearing street clothes from American Eagle or Timbaland boots, then you deserve to be handed a basketball or a guitar.  If you come in wearing your lacoste shirt and plaid shorts with your Titleist trucker cap, then you will probably be scoffed at by the older guys.  So keep it to regular fit jeans, Nike UV Tech Polos, simple garment washed Titleist caps, and some Adidas running shoes, people will help you out more so than a 50 cent lookalike scoping out the Slazenger golf balls.

Pretty true. I came into Martin's PGA Superstore once after school with a Hollister shirt on and spiked hair... and I got a regular flex Callaway handed to me. I told him that I play a S or SX and he told me that I should try this. So I hit it into the monitor, 272 but a little hook. But after that he went and got me what I wanted...

#17 beachgrovejunior

beachgrovejunior

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24446
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 08 March 2008 - 09:17 PM

Philfan i dont know how old you are but as a kid, im pretty sure none of us wear our golf clothes outside of the golf course, I wear what i wear to school and if someone treats me differently because of what im wearing to a golf store, there is something wrong with them

BTW OP was this at a private or public course?

(at first i thought this was a young rodney dangerfield writing this from the title)

#18 philfan316

philfan316

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:33 PM

View Postbeachgrovejunior, on Mar 8 2008, 09:17 PM, said:

Philfan i dont know how old you are but as a kid, im pretty sure none of us wear our golf clothes outside of the golf course, I wear what i wear to school and if someone treats me differently because of what im wearing to a golf store, there is something wrong with them

BTW OP was this at a private or public course?

(at first i thought this was a young rodney dangerfield writing this from the title)

It is real simple and if you want to wear clothes like Ryan Moore and Ian Poulter then you will be viewed as such.  Not saying it is bad or good, but be ready to be called a d-bag by one person and praised by another.   I have kids on my golf team that come to practice in their American Eagle jeans and vintage t-shirts.  The coach doesn't care but I am not going to do that.  I like to play golf in golf clothes and I will wear my Nike mocks and polos like people wear their AE and AF and Buckle when they are hanging out.  I have tried those clothes and to me they look dirty.  My look is my look and I feel that suits me best.  I'm a traditionalist with my clothes and it attracts the people I want to be around and it fends off the ones that I don't.  Some others dress like me but they have to be told that their pants aren't long enough and the top button needs to stay unbuttoned.  If you know how to dress, then you just know and I can't change the fact that kids my age aren't going to look very nice unless they have to and even then they find a way to embarrass themselves because they can't tie a tie.  Whatever, the hopeless can't be saved and the hopeful can only learn.  

I'm 22 and I wear the same golf clothes to public courses, private courses.  It doesn't matter.  I know people that wear clothes like mine and they are d*cks, and I know people that look like typical college kids and they are cool.  So it is all about your personality for the most part, but at first site I look like someone that "thinks they are superior', but that is not the case.  A girl once told me she thought I was arrogant just based on how I looked, but once she got to know me I was just sexy.  Nice.

Edited by philfan316, 08 March 2008 - 11:40 PM.

#19 EJ Mac

EJ Mac

Getting Closer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,976 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 45152
GolfWRX Likes : 574

Posted 08 March 2008 - 11:57 PM

Well I will add my 2 cents if you do get a little overcooked then you deserve what is dished out BUT I also feel like the older generation needs to also learn to embrace the younger generation as well we have lost our way in this area and as a result our world is going to hell in a handbasket rapidly. I for one play with a lot of different strangers from a wide variety of ages as well as gender and ethnic groups and do my best to treat each and every one of them with the utmost respect and just the way I would treat my closest friend to me that is what the game is all about, unfortunately their are those select few of horses a**es that you will find in any given place at any given time. I say just kill them with kindness and enjoy the time of your youth as it is something you will never get again and trust me it is very precious. If they don't wanna let you play then it is their loss as they did not get the opportunity to see a junior play who they may well get to see on TV some day which all I can say is their loss. Good Luck to you in the game and just remember it is a cold world but do what you can each day to make it a little better regardless of the nonsense of others don't let them reduce you to their level.

Edited by ejmac, 08 March 2008 - 11:58 PM.

Cally 9.5 Xhot Fuel TS 60 tipped
RBZ Stage 2 Tour 16.5* HL Attas 7S
909H 17*, 21* &24* V Steel
5-GW Cobra Pro M/B  950g/h
Cleveland 588 Tour Zip Grooves 54*
34"  C&L 355g Beached
WITB Link

#20 beachgrovejunior

beachgrovejunior

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:53 AM

Philfan, nice try on being superior, but seriously man, i don't really think everyone wants to walk around all dressed up just for hanging out, golf clothes are for the golf course, and my other clothes are for school and other places. I am pretty concious of what i wear, but if you have game, and you treat everyone with respect, it truly does not matter if you are wearing the nicest stuff, you will get respect on your talent and personality alone

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 philfan316

philfan316

Tour Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:08 PM

View Postbeachgrovejunior, on Mar 9 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

Philfan, nice try on being superior, but seriously man, i don't really think everyone wants to walk around all dressed up just for hanging out, golf clothes are for the golf course, and my other clothes are for school and other places. I am pretty concious of what i wear, but if you have game, and you treat everyone with respect, it truly does not matter if you are wearing the nicest stuff, you will get respect on your talent and personality alone

I don't wear nice stuff to feel like I am superior, I just wear it because that is what I am willing to spend my money on.  The superiority comes from the response I get from adults and peers.   What am I supposed to say, 'Oh no, I am really not what my clothes say I am, I really like to look like an AE model most days."  It's more like, "Thanks."  I don't wear t-shirts, and sweats if I am leaving my house to go to the store, or friends' place, or out to eat.  It is regular fit jeans, not dirty, ripped jeans.  It is a mock or a polo, usually black, with some kind of Izod fleece jacket over that.  I have Nike ACG trail boots for the winter and I wear Nike or Adidas Running shoes for the summer.  That is the disconnect between people like me and yourself.  You think my casual dress is getting ready for a job interview, and I think your casual looks like your a homeless punk.  Getting dressed up is a whole another beast, with full windsor ties, business dress pants, van heusen shirts, not $15 dockers with a lacoste polo.  

It is a style thing and it is effective as arguing about politics or religion.  But isnt nice to think aside from all of the argument, that a game like golf could bring us together.

#22 oregongolf

oregongolf

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 12:42 PM

View Postphilfan316, on Mar 9 2008, 10:08 AM, said:

View Postbeachgrovejunior, on Mar 9 2008, 12:53 AM, said:

I don't wear nice stuff to feel like I am superior, I just wear it because that is what I am willing to spend my money on.  The superiority comes from the response I get from adults and peers.   What am I supposed to say, 'Oh no, I am really not what my clothes say I am, I really like to look like an AE model most days."  It's more like, "Thanks."  I don't wear t-shirts, and sweats if I am leaving my house to go to the store, or friends' place, or out to eat.  It is regular fit jeans, not dirty, ripped jeans.  It is a mock or a polo, usually black, with some kind of Izod fleece jacket over that.  I have Nike ACG trail boots for the winter and I wear Nike or Adidas Running shoes for the summer.  That is the disconnect between people like me and yourself.  You think my casual dress is getting ready for a job interview, and I think your casual looks like your a homeless punk.  Getting dressed up is a whole another beast, with full windsor ties, business dress pants, van heusen shirts, not $15 dockers with a lacoste polo.  

It is a style thing and it is effective as arguing about politics or religion.  But isnt nice to think aside from all of the argument, that a game like golf could bring us together.

Look, I'm not going to piss on the fire... but right now, you sound like you're compensating.

I don't know how this thread turned into a runway fashion show.

#23 golftitleist

golftitleist

Tour Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35598

Posted 09 March 2008 - 02:27 PM

View Postk-unit, on Mar 8 2008, 02:44 PM, said:

suck it up. adults get attended to first because they have the money, the taylormade guy doesnt give a crap that you can beat your dad, big deal!. hes the one with a job and a bank account with cash.
BINGO. It's all about dough, C.R.E.A.M.

#24 beachgrovejunior

beachgrovejunior

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 03:44 PM

LOL k i will just stop commenting on this thread, due to the fact that supposedly wearing volcom, quiksilver, hurley etc makes me look like a homeless bum. Guess i shouldn't even have a computer than, i should be on the streets.

btw philfan, no one cares what the hell you wear in public, we can already tell you are just arrogant  and most likely a tool

#25 oregongolf

oregongolf

Hall of Fame

• Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,802 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:11 PM

View Postbeachgrovejunior, on Mar 9 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

LOL k i will just stop commenting on this thread, due to the fact that supposedly wearing volcom, quiksilver, hurley etc makes me look like a homeless bum. Guess i shouldn't even have a computer than, i should be on the streets.

btw philfan, no one cares what the hell you wear in public, we can already tell you are just arrogant  and most likely a tool

Be easy amigo.

That type of tude isn't going to win anyone over.

Any sane person isn't going to make a sole decision based on the type of clothing someone is wearing on a particular day (unless you wear purple corduroy or something, in that case... you're just a dork). I would just let it go, as the hot air some people will blow aren't going to fan the flames.

#26 beachgrovejunior

beachgrovejunior

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,376 posts
  •  

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:35 PM

View Postj0npeterson, on Mar 9 2008, 01:11 PM, said:

View Postbeachgrovejunior, on Mar 9 2008, 01:44 PM, said:

btw philfan, no one cares what the hell you wear in public, we can already tell you are just arrogant and most likely a tool

Be easy amigo.

That type of tude isn't going to win anyone over.

Any sane person isn't going to make a sole decision based on the type of clothing someone is wearing on a particular day (unless you wear purple corduroy or something, in that case... you're just a dork). I would just let it go, as the hot air some people will blow aren't going to fan the flames.

Yup i am done, i just had to defend myself from being called a hobo due to the fact that i wear T-shirts and jeans

Kirby

#27 DaveyH

DaveyH

Major Winner

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,015 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21108

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:43 PM

what does what people wear have anything to do with juniours not being shown respect?

#28 SHERO

SHERO

SHERO

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22527

Posted 09 March 2008 - 04:47 PM

There is only 2 people that I don't like at my home club.
They are elderly twins.
One day at 8pm in September, Near dark , I hit a few practice balls off the first tee.
Many other people told me I had a lovely ball flight.
He and his twin came racing up telling me other people have to play, stop taking up the first tee etc. ( maybe he was right)
I said sorry and he told me to collect my balls and get off the course.
A few days later he catches up to my group and says, Come on mr. Bigshot, lets see you reach this green with an iron and laughs at me.
( 200 yards to an elevated green)
I choke down on a 3 iron and stick it to 3 feet.
I picked up my tee and walked towards the green, he hasn't said a word to me since.

#29 Adam Brewer

Adam Brewer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 35715

Posted 09 March 2008 - 06:57 PM

there are a few d*cks at my course that never miss an opportunity to ride my case whenever we meet.
but i guess they hate everyone, so probably shouldn't feel so special....

#30 oldgoalie

oldgoalie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3118

Posted 09 March 2008 - 07:15 PM

View Postscoodoodle, on Mar 8 2008, 03:26 PM, said:

I do treat everyone with respect and i try to suck it up but sometimes i tell them that i am looking for a certain type of club and they still give me those clubs.  Sometimes i do over react but i treat people how they treat me.

Don't treat people as they treat you. Let's face it, most of us don't treat each other that great.

Treat people how you wish they would treat you...

Something like the old golden rule...

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors