Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Do any juniors get sponsorship on clubs

39 replies to this topic

#31 kekoa

kekoa

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,319 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 66944
  • Handicap:4-20
GolfWRX Likes : 1279

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:11 PM

View Postjuniorgolf18, on 01 June 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Lots of replies already and most are correct.  Yes, you can definitely receive stuff.  My daughter get balls, hats, gloves, shoes, clothing, pretty much anything she needs or wants.  And has two other manufacturers trying to send her stuff to switch to them.

Just got back from a major invitational tournament this week and there they got as their "tee gift" - won't mention the name of manufacturer but are really pushing into junior golf - but they got golf shirt, workout shirt, leggings, hat, towel, 4 dozen balls, running shoes, socks, belt, super nice backpack, an Amazon Echo, a $150 gift certificate and probably something else I'm forgetting.  Had to bring an extra suticase just for the loot.  2 weeks before at Sergio's tournament, they got shoes, golf shoes, shirts and new M1 or M2 Driver.  This all in addition to the free stuff they can request whenever they want it.  It's crazy.  

And at these invitationals you get a travel "reimbursement" in an amount that is determined by where you came from - distance, driving or flying etc..

Wow!!  So I assume she is a top player in the AJGA circuit?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 juniorgolf18

juniorgolf18

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113938
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:25 PM

View Postkekoa, on 01 June 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

View Postjuniorgolf18, on 01 June 2017 - 06:07 PM, said:

Lots of replies already and most are correct.  Yes, you can definitely receive stuff.  My daughter get balls, hats, gloves, shoes, clothing, pretty much anything she needs or wants.  And has two other manufacturers trying to send her stuff to switch to them.

Just got back from a major invitational tournament this week and there they got as their "tee gift" - won't mention the name of manufacturer but are really pushing into junior golf - but they got golf shirt, workout shirt, leggings, hat, towel, 4 dozen balls, running shoes, socks, belt, super nice backpack, an Amazon Echo, a $150 gift certificate and probably something else I'm forgetting.  Had to bring an extra suticase just for the loot.  2 weeks before at Sergio's tournament, they got shoes, golf shoes, shirts and new M1 or M2 Driver.  This all in addition to the free stuff they can request whenever they want it.  It's crazy.  

And at these invitationals you get a travel "reimbursement" in an amount that is determined by where you came from - distance, driving or flying etc..

Wow!!  So I assume she is a top player in the AJGA circuit?

She's ok :) - she has won 2 AJGA Open's so far.  She works her butt off though.  She's a sophomore in high school.  And on these manufacturer deals, the reps come to these big tournaments and watch you, not as much your play as your demeanor, how you act, etc... All the contracts you sign to get this stuff, have behavior clauses.

I also replied to your comment on the AJGA/College discussion about when to get your kid out there.

#33 dan360

dan360

not a jacked loft

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8694
GolfWRX Likes : 5949

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:55 PM

As a competitive junior player (1990-1995) I was sponsored by three local golf clubs and got "heavily discounted" merchandise from companies who rhyme with RING, SpiDooNo, Pie Zod, Pax Bye and Bake Dies

Edited by dan360, 01 June 2017 - 06:55 PM.

As of 01AUG2017

Mizuno JPX-800 9°
TaylorMade R7TPST 15°

Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1 iron
Mizuno MP-33 3-P custom single length

Mizuno MP-T11 54/60
PING Anser 2 'pat pending' stainless 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
PING Hoofer green

#34 stehan

stehan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425834
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:39 PM

For FULL sponsorship girls usually have to be ranked very very high.  Like top 30 polo rankings.  For Boys either in JGS, Polo, or Golfweek they should be ranked inside the top 250 to be "considered".  Shoes Balls Gloves and discounted clubs threshold is much higher however.

#35 juniorgolf18

juniorgolf18

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 01 June 2017 - 10:51 PM

View Poststehan, on 01 June 2017 - 10:39 PM, said:

For FULL sponsorship girls usually have to be ranked very very high.  Like top 30 polo rankings.  For Boys either in JGS, Polo, or Golfweek they should be ranked inside the top 250 to be "considered".  Shoes Balls Gloves and discounted clubs threshold is much higher however.

Boys yes.  Inside 250 and you get some stuff. The discounted club rate with one particular top ball maker ;) changes to higher discount the higher you rank.  But never free.  Some club manufacturers give clubs free.

Girls, I know many girls that are ranked in the 100's that get shoes, balls, gloves, hats, discounted clubs. Same with discounted clubs scale for girls. And again, some club companies give them clubs depending on rank.

#36 stehan

stehan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 425834
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:46 AM

In response to Juniorgolf18.. I stressed FULLY sponsored.  Shoe ball glove deals are relatively much easier to get of course.  I called a major manufacturer whom we have a relationship with on behalf of a Junior girl who was ranked 54th at the time.  They told me they would put her on their "radar".

#37 Golfingdawg19

Golfingdawg19

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354301
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:01 AM

It sounds like all of these discounts and free stuff starts when you are in high school. I'm not hearing many of you talking about younger kids getting all the free stuff. I coached high school golf for 15 years and I know high school and college kids get discounts on clubs, balls, merchandise, etc. Cobra and Taylormade have high school discounts programs and the discounts range between 25-40%. Callaway used to have a discount program but now you have to go through the area rep. Titleist has a great program for high schools on bags, balls, and hats. Ping has a good program as well for golf bags only. They don't do anything on clubs until kids get to college. Bushnell and Leupold have discount programs on range finders for high schools as well. This is for all high schools and their players, not just select ones.

#38 heavy_hitter

heavy_hitter

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,064 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 366715
GolfWRX Likes : 604

Posted 09 June 2017 - 09:25 AM

View PostGolfingdawg19, on 09 June 2017 - 09:01 AM, said:

It sounds like all of these discounts and free stuff starts when you are in high school. I'm not hearing many of you talking about younger kids getting all the free stuff. I coached high school golf for 15 years and I know high school and college kids get discounts on clubs, balls, merchandise, etc. Cobra and Taylormade have high school discounts programs and the discounts range between 25-40%. Callaway used to have a discount program but now you have to go through the area rep. Titleist has a great program for high schools on bags, balls, and hats. Ping has a good program as well for golf bags only. They don't do anything on clubs until kids get to college. Bushnell and Leupold have discount programs on range finders for high schools as well. This is for all high schools and their players, not just select ones.

If you put up numbers, you can get a deal.  I know several 11 and 12 year olds that have deals.  One lives with me.

#39 juniorgolf18

juniorgolf18

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 365 posts
  •  

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

View Poststehan, on 09 June 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

In response to Juniorgolf18.. I stressed FULLY sponsored.  Shoe ball glove deals are relatively much easier to get of course.  I called a major manufacturer whom we have a relationship with on behalf of a Junior girl who was ranked 54th at the time.  They told me they would put her on their "radar".

True. We didn't get ALL the gear till she hit top 30.  Now they want to bring you in to HQ and fit you, etc etc.

Top 150 and under will get you, like you said, balls, gloves, discount or free shoes, hats and discounted clubs with certain companies.

Edited by juniorgolf18, 09 June 2017 - 06:26 PM.

#40 moonshine

moonshine

I'm finally a LTD believer

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,628 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31690
  • Handicap:2.4
GolfWRX Likes : 558

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:40 AM

View PostAC168, on 16 May 2017 - 02:14 PM, said:

If you are good and 14 or over, you should get at least 40% off or free if you are very good.
Yeah maybe, but as another mentioned they don't need a circle T putter.

"We have learned that we must
live as men, not as ostriches, nor
as dogs in the manger." FDR

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors