Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

10 Handicap or Less - Which ball do you play?


135 replies to this topic

Poll: What ball do you play? (334 member(s) have cast votes)

Which ball do you play?

  1. Bridgestone B330 (15 votes [4.49%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.49%

  2. Bridgestone B330S (27 votes [8.08%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.08%

  3. Callaway Chromesoft (39 votes [11.68%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 11.68%

  4. Callaway Chromesoft X (8 votes [2.40%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 2.40%

  5. Srixon Zstar (28 votes [8.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.38%

  6. Srixon Zstar XV (16 votes [4.79%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 4.79%

  7. Taylor Made TP5 (12 votes [3.59%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 3.59%

  8. Taylor Made TP5X (28 votes [8.38%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 8.38%

  9. Titleist ProV1 (33 votes [9.88%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 9.88%

  10. Titleist ProV1X (43 votes [12.87%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 12.87%

  11. Other (85 votes [25.45%] - View)

    Percentage of vote: 25.45%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#121 larrybud

larrybud

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,165 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 21167
  • Joined: 10/31/2006
  • Location:Rochester Hills, MI
  • Handicap:2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 3675

Posted 14 June 2017 - 11:58 AM

I've come to the conclusion that any urethane covered ball performs close enough to each other for me to not notice the difference, and I can switch at will.

In fact, I pulled out some original Penta's the other day and I forgot how much I love those things!


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#122 juspoole

juspoole

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 464474
  • Joined: 04/21/2017
  • Location:Indiana
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 14 June 2017 - 12:53 PM

Don't roast me here, but I actually love the performance I get with the Nike rzn black 2016 ball.  Have the new prov1x as well as srixon xv and find that they outperform both of those balls for me.

I am a big Taylormade fan as well, but a lot of times I'll buy a couple dozen balls when they are on sale and just haven't needed to restock for a while.

2

#123 LeftDaddy

LeftDaddy

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 373917
  • Joined: 04/30/2015
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

I just made it into the 10 handicap club...was my goal a few years back but it took me longer than expected to get here.

Anyway, I play 3 different balls right now...z-star, ProV1, and KSig. I probably like the z-star the best but kinda find myself switching between these 3 depending on my mood and whatever algorithm is in my head that day about what ball would be best.
Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
Bettinardi BB1

3

#124 BB28403

BB28403

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 173

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:08 PM

 LeftDaddy, on 15 June 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

I just made it into the 10 handicap club...was my goal a few years back but it took me longer than expected to get here.

Anyway, I play 3 different balls right now...z-star, ProV1, and KSig. I probably like the z-star the best but kinda find myself switching between these 3 depending on my mood and whatever algorithm is in my head that day about what ball would be best.

When playing all 3 do you take the best score or the worst for your handicap?  I gotta say that's a heck of a way to get your money's worth from green fees.

4

#125 Need2golfalot

Need2golfalot

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399454
  • Joined: 10/14/2015
  • Location:Virginia Beach
  • Handicap:10.1
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:35 PM

 BB28403, on 15 June 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

 LeftDaddy, on 15 June 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

I just made it into the 10 handicap club...was my goal a few years back but it took me longer than expected to get here.

Anyway, I play 3 different balls right now...z-star, ProV1, and KSig. I probably like the z-star the best but kinda find myself switching between these 3 depending on my mood and whatever algorithm is in my head that day about what ball would be best.

When playing all 3 do you take the best score or the worst for your handicap?  I gotta say that's a heck of a way to get your money's worth from green fees.

Pretty sure he meant one at a time.  😁


5

#126 tsecor

tsecor

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129704
  • Joined: 05/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 722

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:50 PM

Wilson Duo

just bought 2 dzn nike rzn balls for $40 at golf galaxy, $20 per dzn.....super sale + code

6

#127 ezpz

ezpz

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 153417
  • Joined: 01/05/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 158

Posted 15 June 2017 - 06:53 PM

whatever premium ball I can get at a discount

7

#128 LeftDaddy

LeftDaddy

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 373917
  • Joined: 04/30/2015
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 198

Posted 16 June 2017 - 12:49 PM

 Need2golfalot, on 15 June 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

 BB28403, on 15 June 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

 LeftDaddy, on 15 June 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

I just made it into the 10 handicap club...was my goal a few years back but it took me longer than expected to get here.

Anyway, I play 3 different balls right now...z-star, ProV1, and KSig. I probably like the z-star the best but kinda find myself switching between these 3 depending on my mood and whatever algorithm is in my head that day about what ball would be best.

When playing all 3 do you take the best score or the worst for your handicap?  I gotta say that's a heck of a way to get your money's worth from green fees.

Pretty sure he meant one at a time.  ��

Yes, one at a time...I decide which one I want to play prior to the round based on a lot of factors.
Callaway 815 BBA DBD, Aldila Rogue Stiff
Callaway X2 Hot 3 Deep, 14.5, Aldila Tour Green stiff
Callaway Apex MB UT 2 iron, Project X PXI 6.0
Callaway 2013 X-forged (3-5), Project X PXI 6.0
Callaway Apex MB (6-PW), KBS Tour V stiff
Vokey SM5 54, Callaway Mack Daddy 2 Tour Grind Chrome 58, both with KBS Tour
Bettinardi BB1

8

#129 tsecor

tsecor

    Major Winner

  • Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,766 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 129704
  • Joined: 05/28/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 722

Posted 16 June 2017 - 05:58 PM

 LeftDaddy, on 16 June 2017 - 12:49 PM, said:

 Need2golfalot, on 15 June 2017 - 06:35 PM, said:

 BB28403, on 15 June 2017 - 06:08 PM, said:

 LeftDaddy, on 15 June 2017 - 07:04 AM, said:

I just made it into the 10 handicap club...was my goal a few years back but it took me longer than expected to get here.

Anyway, I play 3 different balls right now...z-star, ProV1, and KSig. I probably like the z-star the best but kinda find myself switching between these 3 depending on my mood and whatever algorithm is in my head that day about what ball would be best.

When playing all 3 do you take the best score or the worst for your handicap?  I gotta say that's a heck of a way to get your money's worth from green fees.

Pretty sure he meant one at a time.  ��

Yes, one at a time...I decide which one I want to play prior to the round based on a lot of factors.
like what factors?  sounds like you are super analytical.....like me

9

#130 GolfyGolfy

GolfyGolfy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 391756
  • Joined: 08/17/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 26

Posted 17 June 2017 - 07:49 AM

2017 proV1
2015 proV1
2015 e6


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#131 Glp78

Glp78

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399728
  • Joined: 10/16/2015
  • Location:Maryland
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:16 AM

ProV1x

11

#132 130R

130R

    Tour Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 86741
  • Joined: 06/26/2009
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 17 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

Z-Star as the spin they give a more controlled spin, not crazy spin like the Pro V1
Callaway GBB w/- Fujikura 6.2TS X, Nike Covert 2.0 3W w/- Kai'li 70
Callaway Optiforce 5W w/- Blueboard 83, Callaway RAZR X-Forged 4-PW w/- PXF 6.5
Callaway MD3 52°/10, Taylormade TP 56°/12, Callaway MD2 60°/9, Odyssey ProType Tour #2

12

#133 gohatters

gohatters

    Golf is so much more fun from the "wrong side of the ball&q

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115203
  • Joined: 09/21/2010
  • Location:Naples, FL
  • Ebay ID:upstatemerch
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

 tsecor, on 15 June 2017 - 06:50 PM, said:

Wilson Duo

just bought 2 dzn nike rzn balls for $40 at golf galaxy, $20 per dzn.....super sale + code
I found logo overrun duo urethanes for $21. They've been pretty good for the price.

Edited by gohatters, 17 June 2017 - 03:46 PM.


13

#134 ZA206

ZA206

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 326991
  • Joined: 07/15/2014
  • Location:Charlotte, NC
  • Handicap:4.8
  • Ebay ID:ZA206
GolfWRX Likes : 191

Posted 18 June 2017 - 05:44 PM

TP5X
TM 2017 M2 460 9.5 with Tensei Pro Orange 70 TX
TM 2016 M1 15  3W with Speeder 757 TS Evo X
TM RBZ2 Tour 18.5 3H  & Tour 22.5 4H with Matrix Red Tie X
716 TMB (4-6) with AMT X100's
716 CB (7-PW) with AMT X100's
52F & 56S SM6 with AMT X100's
Evnroll ER3 Wingback 34"

14

#135 bodhi555

bodhi555

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 322 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 442408
  • Joined: 10/04/2016
  • Location:Staffordshire, UK
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 271

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:22 AM

Nike RZN Platinums or Black depending on wind/course conditions.

The Red Mist: Nike Covert 1.0 Tour - 10.5 degree - Kuro Kage 60G X-Flex Shaft
The Fairway Wood: Nike Vapor Fly 3W - Diamana Blueboard 70S+
The Fairway Finder: Nike Vapor Fly Pro 2 Iron - KBS C-Taper 120S
The Blades: Nike Blades 3i - 9i - DG S400 Shaft
The Rusties: Nike Engage 50, 54 Square Sole, 58 Toe Sweep
The Putter: Scotty Cameron California Del Mar - 34"
Balls: Nike RZN Tour Black/Platinum
Bag: Sun Mountain Four Five

Also in Rotation:

Spare Driver: Nike Covert Tour - Diamana Blueboard 60S
Fairway Woods: Nike Vapor Fly 5W - Diamana Blueboard 70S+
Driving Iron: Nike Blade 1-iron - DG S400
Putters: Yonex Super A.D.X Tour Forged / Scotty Cameron Newport Oil Can / Hogan Radial P51

15

#136 gohatters

gohatters

    Golf is so much more fun from the "wrong side of the ball&q

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115203
  • Joined: 09/21/2010
  • Location:Naples, FL
  • Ebay ID:upstatemerch
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 16 January 2018 - 01:53 PM

Dupe

Edited by gohatters, 16 January 2018 - 01:53 PM.


16



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors