Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Worthwhile courses between St. Louis and Chicago

35 replies to this topic

#31 Argonne69

Argonne69

Legend

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,538 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
GolfWRX Likes : 23046

Posted 10 May 2018 - 06:56 AM

Yeah, I think Weaver would be the better choice over Metamora.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#32 dieker5

dieker5

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 461424
  • Handicap:3.3
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 10 May 2018 - 07:38 AM

Was gonna recommend coyote creek as well played there once and enjoyed it.  I play weaver usually once a year in August and is usually in good shape never played it this early.

#33 jaygween

jaygween

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449548
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:26 AM

Thanks for the input, I think we'll go with Weaver this time. Might try Metamora or Coyote Creek some other time.

#34 adamjstl

adamjstl

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120792
  • Handicap:2.6
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 14 May 2018 - 03:57 PM

If you are staying right on 55, ISU Weibring is your best bet. If you're willing to detour, WeaverRidge is really nice.

#35 rpgolf

rpgolf

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 427666
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 15 May 2018 - 10:19 AM

View Postjaygween, on 09 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Reviving an old thread.. Will be traveling up I-55,I-155 and I-74 in Illinois and looking for the best public course to play. Would need to stay pretty close to the interstate. It appears that Springfield and Peoria would be the best options. Based off of this thread, it seems the best options in Peoria are WeaverRidge and Metamora Fields. I haven't seen very much in this forum for Springfield, IL - but from limited research there doesn't appear to be a ton of good options. The best I've found seems to be The Rail.

Anyone have any opinions on Weaver vs. Metamora? Or if there are any public's in Springfield better than those two courses that could be a possibility.

Another vote for Weaver here.  Its really one of the best publics in IL if not the best.  Beware that bunker conditions are not good, though (like you may have to drop out of many of them).  And Metamora is good if you like a challenge too, especially if you are a long ball hitter and play from the tips

#36 mci711

mci711

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467000
  • Handicap:4.4
GolfWRX Likes : 190

Posted 15 May 2018 - 12:39 PM

View Postrpgolf, on 15 May 2018 - 10:19 AM, said:

View Postjaygween, on 09 May 2018 - 04:29 PM, said:

Reviving an old thread.. Will be traveling up I-55,I-155 and I-74 in Illinois and looking for the best public course to play. Would need to stay pretty close to the interstate. It appears that Springfield and Peoria would be the best options. Based off of this thread, it seems the best options in Peoria are WeaverRidge and Metamora Fields. I haven't seen very much in this forum for Springfield, IL - but from limited research there doesn't appear to be a ton of good options. The best I've found seems to be The Rail.

Anyone have any opinions on Weaver vs. Metamora? Or if there are any public's in Springfield better than those two courses that could be a possibility.

Another vote for Weaver here.  Its really one of the best publics in IL if not the best.  Beware that bunker conditions are not good, though (like you may have to drop out of many of them).  And Metamora is good if you like a challenge too, especially if you are a long ball hitter and play from the tips

What is going on with the bunkers? Haven't been there yet this year.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors