Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Fourteen FH900


  • Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 cz13X4

cz13X4

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,442 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
  • Joined: 04/07/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 1126

Posted 06 May 2017 - 09:07 PM

Anyone try these? Compare them to the tc888 or tc770?

G30 Lst TPT 15
F8 VA Raijin
S55 Accra 110 tour
Glide 2.0 stealth Accra 110 tour
MannKrafted

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Fourteen14

Fourteen14

    Rookie

  • Sponsors
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467676
  • Joined: 05/15/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:18 PM

The FH-900 is the replacement to the TC-888. Using the same loft specifications we have seen about a club longer distances compared to TC-888. This is primarily from the added ball speed we were able to achieve from the new cavity design. We have also seen slightly less spin on average compared to TC-888. We used S20C Steel in the FH-900 which provides a softer feel then some of the prior models

2

#3 tsupo

tsupo

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128992
  • Joined: 05/18/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:21 AM

iwhat about the  blades.. the f1000  model..
ive been eyeing these off for a wee while,  they are razor thin with virtually no muscle compent to them.
where were these  made and  what kind of impact cud I expect and  distance
bec..,  I mean these are aggressively  thin!
jbeam 435, 9.5*--- 7dreamers 70xs
solid contacts 12.5---* diamana stinger 70x
(prgr egg 16.5* --- quadra fire express 75xs)
(prgr egg 18*--diamana stinger 71x)
(modart 18* ute--crazy ut 75s)
(honma di 21*--NS125s)
prgr- tr500cu--NS2g18x ss
fourteen mt28 proto 52/57 --NS 125s
tourstage x-01z


"im an equal oportunity hitting machine, all day every day".

3

#4 Fourteen14

Fourteen14

    Rookie

  • Sponsors
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467676
  • Joined: 05/15/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:43 PM

View Posttsupo, on 01 June 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

iwhat about the  blades.. the f1000  model..
ive been eyeing these off for a wee while,  they are razor thin with virtually no muscle compent to them.
where were these  made and  what kind of impact cud I expect and  distance
bec..,  I mean these are aggressively  thin!
The FH-1000 are a unique design, we used the Reverse Muscle design from our wedges and created a progressive CG location. We have a higher CG in the short irons and a lower CG in the long irons to optimize launch conditions. As far as feel, They are one piece forged out of S25c so the feel should be very soft, but still responsive.

4

#5 Barracuda

Barracuda

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 372 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 352033
  • Joined: 12/15/2014
  • Location:Ft Lauderdale
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 113

Posted 01 June 2017 - 12:58 PM

S20C Endo forged?


5

#6 Fourteen14

Fourteen14

    Rookie

  • Sponsors
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467676
  • Joined: 05/15/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 01 June 2017 - 04:18 PM

View PostBarracuda, on 01 June 2017 - 12:58 PM, said:

S20C Endo forged?
You got it!

6

#7 tsupo

tsupo

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 826 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 128992
  • Joined: 05/18/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:44 PM

ENDO.....  rearrry...., that's got me.

hmmmmmmmmmm  ok,
they wud be a good addition to the hoards .
might lock a set down then
jbeam 435, 9.5*--- 7dreamers 70xs
solid contacts 12.5---* diamana stinger 70x
(prgr egg 16.5* --- quadra fire express 75xs)
(prgr egg 18*--diamana stinger 71x)
(modart 18* ute--crazy ut 75s)
(honma di 21*--NS125s)
prgr- tr500cu--NS2g18x ss
fourteen mt28 proto 52/57 --NS 125s
tourstage x-01z


"im an equal oportunity hitting machine, all day every day".

7

#8 mp29

mp29

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5880
  • Joined: 09/08/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 30

Posted 25 August 2017 - 09:41 PM

Anyone tried these yet?

8

#9 benzenbe

benzenbe

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402790
  • Joined: 11/12/2015
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 25 August 2017 - 10:23 PM

If there's anyone interested in these in the NYC-area, NY Golf Center has a set on the shelf waiting to go on a test run

Edited by benzenbe, 25 August 2017 - 10:24 PM.

Custom Fit by True Spec Golf (NYC):
Callaway Epic Sub Zero (9.5*) with UST Elements Platinum
TM M2 3HL (16.5*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway

TM M2 5W (18*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
Srixon Z765 (4-GW) with KBS C-Taper

Titleist Vokey SM6 (56* and 60*) with KBS 610

Off-the-Shelf:
Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

9

#10 alpineto

alpineto

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 343387
  • Joined: 10/06/2014
  • Location:new york
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 19 September 2017 - 07:12 PM

View Postbenzenbe, on 25 August 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

If there's anyone interested in these in the NYC-area, NY Golf Center has a set on the shelf waiting to go on a test run
I saw those on my last visit to NYgolf very nice looking irons , I may take the plunge .


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Bogey London

Bogey London

    Mr.

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 458694
  • Joined: 03/13/2017
  • Location:New York City
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 29 September 2017 - 03:50 PM

View Postbenzenbe, on 25 August 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

If there's anyone interested in these in the NYC-area, NY Golf Center has a set on the shelf waiting to go on a test run

May I have the address of NY Golf?
"There are three ways of going to hell: women, gambling, and trusting experts. Women are the most fun, gambling is the most exciting, but trusting experts is the most certain."
(President De Gaulle)
------

Driver - PRGR Super Egg Long-Spec 9.5*

Fairway wood - Honma TW727 15*

Rescue - Titliest 816 18*

Irons and Wedges - Itobori copper finish 4-P, 52, 56, 60

Putter - Itobori

11

#12 benzenbe

benzenbe

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402790
  • Joined: 11/12/2015
  • Location:NYC
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:34 AM

View PostBogey London, on 29 September 2017 - 03:50 PM, said:

May I have the address of NY Golf?
NY Golf Center
Herald Square
131 W 35th St
New York, NY 10001
(212) 564-2255
Custom Fit by True Spec Golf (NYC):
Callaway Epic Sub Zero (9.5*) with UST Elements Platinum
TM M2 3HL (16.5*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway

TM M2 5W (18*) with Graphite Design Tour AD Fairway
Srixon Z765 (4-GW) with KBS C-Taper

Titleist Vokey SM6 (56* and 60*) with KBS 610

Off-the-Shelf:
Evnroll ER5 Hatchback

12

#13 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

    Major Winner

  • Sponsors
  • 1,598 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
  • Joined: 06/11/2012
  • Location:San Diego, Calfornia
  • Handicap:0.0
  • Ebay ID:FairwayGolfUSA
GolfWRX Likes : 298

Posted 30 September 2017 - 11:40 AM

View Postcz13X4, on 06 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Anyone try these? Compare them to the tc888 or tc770?

These feel soooooo good. Our customers like the shape of the Fourteen irons. Also, I find the irons to have a softer feeling than most. This is probably Fourteen Golf's most forgiving iron.

Check them out here-----------> http://www.fairwaygo...ducts_id=137100

Let us know if you have any questions.
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Website: http://www.fairwaygolfusa.com
Email: support@fairwaygolf.com
Instagram:https://instagram.com/fairwaygolfusa/
Phone: 1-619-702-1702

13

#14 doubleagle310

doubleagle310

    ACEpar4

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 381462
  • Joined: 06/19/2015
  • Location:chicago
  • Handicap:03
  • Ebay ID:doubleagle310
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 13 November 2017 - 10:37 AM

View PostFourteen14, on 16 May 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

The FH-900 is the replacement to the TC-888. Using the same loft specifications we have seen about a club longer distances compared to TC-888. This is primarily from the added ball speed we were able to achieve from the new cavity design. We have also seen slightly less spin on average compared to TC-888. We used S20C Steel in the FH-900 which provides a softer feel then some of the prior models



I have a question about the shaft.  
I recently got a new set of FH-900 iron with Modus 105 Stiff shaft.  For some reason the feel wans't as solid as the other set that I currently gaming Fourteen TC-910 in a DG S300 stiff shaft.  The TC-910 is feel very well balance and I can control the club better.  I know the shaft weight is about 20 g different.
I kinda like the nippon shaft a lot and I would like a recommended a shaft replacement that equivalent to the S300 feel that I got from the TC-910.
Is any significant different between the to set?

Thanks,
Driver / Woods
Callaway XR16 8* - Tour AD DI 6S/ Callaway Razr Fit Xtreme driver 10.5* - Miyazaki B. Asha Tour Issue 5X
Bridgestone J40 4 Fairway Wood - Tour AD DI 7S/ Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 816 Fairway Wood 14 - Graphite Design 7 S

Hybrid / Utility / Irons
Bridgestone J40 3H - Tour AD DI 80S/ Bridgestone J40 4H -  Graphite Design 80S
Bridgestone J15MB 4-PW - KBS Tour S 120/ Bridgestone J15MB 4-PW -  KBS Tour S+ 125

Wedges
Bridgestone J15 Satin Wedges 50*, 54* & 60* w/ DG Spinner Wedges/ Scor 4161 Wedges 50* 54* & 58* DG Spinner wedges flex

Putters
Bridgestone True Balance TD-03 Putter/ Bellum Winmore 303/ Nike Method MOD 00 Putter/

Golf Balls
Kirkland Signature 4-pieces

14

#15 Stonewalled

Stonewalled

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,215 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311179
  • Joined: 04/25/2014
  • Location:Manitoba
  • Ebay ID:stonewalljim
GolfWRX Likes : 525

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:07 PM

View Postdoubleagle310, on 13 November 2017 - 10:37 AM, said:

View PostFourteen14, on 16 May 2017 - 04:18 PM, said:

The FH-900 is the replacement to the TC-888. Using the same loft specifications we have seen about a club longer distances compared to TC-888. This is primarily from the added ball speed we were able to achieve from the new cavity design. We have also seen slightly less spin on average compared to TC-888. We used S20C Steel in the FH-900 which provides a softer feel then some of the prior models



I have a question about the shaft.  
I recently got a new set of FH-900 iron with Modus 105 Stiff shaft.  For some reason the feel wans't as solid as the other set that I currently gaming Fourteen TC-910 in a DG S300 stiff shaft.  The TC-910 is feel very well balance and I can control the club better.  I know the shaft weight is about 20 g different.
I kinda like the nippon shaft a lot and I would like a recommended a shaft replacement that equivalent to the S300 feel that I got from the TC-910.
Is any significant different between the to set?

Thanks,
The first thought upon seeing the FH-900's was these look like a 2018 version of the TC-910's, but the cavity was missing the weight bars [not sure what to call them] that lead into the lower centre cavity from the heel and toe. The 910's feel fantastic and play very well.

Thanks double eagle for reminding me how great the 910's are and that  newer is not always better.


15

#16 jorgegm

jorgegm

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 498770
  • Joined: 04/11/2018
  • Location:The Woodlands
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 01 June 2018 - 08:23 AM

I just bought a set of the FH-900 and they are unbelievable. The feel is like no other I have ever felt. These are perfect for me since they have a thin topline but still look friendly at address. The flight is sweet. I will keep these for years to come! Good job Fourteen Golf!

16

#17 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 03 June 2018 - 01:36 AM

Anyone can back up 14s claim these are 1club longer than 888? That sounds like a major statement.. or..

I've like 888 but distance was meh. If these go further at same launch, I'm sold.

Also what are shaft offerings? Saw these at pgass.  Would it be available at rogerdunn?

Edited by larciel, 03 June 2018 - 01:37 AM.


17

#18 halfsumo

halfsumo

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210503
  • Joined: 11/09/2012
  • Location:San Francisco
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 12 June 2018 - 03:18 PM

Got a great deal on a set of these from Will Peoples. Had him install my trusty steelfiber i95s and what a great combo! I played the J40 CB with steelfibers like Snedecker and Kuchar back a few years ago and it was my favorite set of irons so I tried to recreate that magic. Coming form Mizuno MP 5's, Srixon z745s and PING i200's most recently these are kind of a combo of all of them. Not quite as forgiving as the i200, but very close. Not quite the blade length of the Srixon, but close. Not quite the mushy feel of the MP 5, but close. By contrast, not as much ugly offset as the i200, more confidence inspiring than the MP5 and more blade height to balance out the blade length of the Srixon (of which I thought some of the clubs looked a little long and skinny). So really, a great under the radar set.
G400 9* Speeder Evo ii 757 S
Rogue 15* IZ 7x
Apex Hybrid 20* VA Composites Raijin 84 Stiff
i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
PING Ketsch

18

#19 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 12 June 2018 - 07:34 PM

How's distance compared with srixon

19

#20 halfsumo

halfsumo

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 210503
  • Joined: 11/09/2012
  • Location:San Francisco
GolfWRX Likes : 144

Posted 13 June 2018 - 12:29 PM

View Postlarciel, on 12 June 2018 - 07:34 PM, said:

How's distance compared with srixon

Hard to say as I had the Srixon's a few years ago and with an ill-fitting shaft at that (Modus 130). I would say I generally find that I hit irons in this category all the same distances and these are no exception. If I remember correctly, the Srixon 7 series are a bit stronger lofted as they get down to the mid and long irons vs most of the competition and I do remember hitting some heaters with the Srixon's where I was like, "where did that come from?"

G400 9* Speeder Evo ii 757 S
Rogue 15* IZ 7x
Apex Hybrid 20* VA Composites Raijin 84 Stiff
i500 4 iron, Steelfiber i95S
Fourteen FH-900 5-PW Steelfiber i95S
PING Glide stealth 50, 56 SM7 D 60
PING Ketsch

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:33 PM

Finally bought a set from rockbottomgolf. They have 60 day play guarantee so if it doesn't fly, I have safety net.

21

#22 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,022 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 1354

Posted 25 July 2018 - 12:40 PM

View PostFourteen14, on 01 June 2017 - 12:43 PM, said:

View Posttsupo, on 01 June 2017 - 12:21 AM, said:

iwhat about the  blades.. the f1000  model..
ive been eyeing these off for a wee while,  they are razor thin with virtually no muscle compent to them.
where were these  made and  what kind of impact cud I expect and  distance
bec..,  I mean these are aggressively  thin!
The FH-1000 are a unique design, we used the Reverse Muscle design from our wedges and created a progressive CG location. We have a higher CG in the short irons and a lower CG in the long irons to optimize launch conditions. As far as feel, They are one piece forged out of S25c so the feel should be very soft, but still responsive.
I think the FH-1000's are one of the best feeling irons I've ever played. Also amazingly forgiving for a MB design if there is such a thing; well done. Personally I was not a fan of the 888's, I could never get comfortable with the sound or feel. BB

Edited by Big Ben, 25 July 2018 - 12:44 PM.

Irons: Titleist 918cb's
Drivers: Ping G400
Fairway: Titleist 917F2
Hybrid: A-Grind
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge 2.0 Stealth's  
Putter: Toulon Indianapolis
Balls: 2017 B330s

22

#23 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,717 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 512

Posted 03 August 2018 - 12:42 AM

View PostFairwayGolfUSA.com, on 30 September 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

View Postcz13X4, on 06 May 2017 - 09:07 PM, said:

Anyone try these? Compare them to the tc888 or tc770?

These feel soooooo good. Our customers like the shape of the Fourteen irons. Also, I find the irons to have a softer feeling than most. This is probably Fourteen Golf's most forgiving iron.

Check them out here-----------> http://www.fairwaygo...ducts_id=137100

Let us know if you have any questions.

OMG. This really feels SOOOOOOO Good!

With Mizuno-borons feeling nothing like a mizuno, I think FH900 tops the list.

Only if Fourteen does custom shafts.... stock 105s is too light for me.

Come on Fourteen!  This will seriously trump any new/old Mizuno out there.

23



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors