Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cobra Forged Tec Irons - Wowzers!!!


67 replies to this topic

#31 EntourageLife

EntourageLife

    EntourageLife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393990
  • Joined: 08/31/2015
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:51 AM

View PostUnteachable, on 10 May 2017 - 06:36 AM, said:

I may be in the market for some new irons, but I have never seen these in person.  How do they compare size wize to ping i25(current set)?  I assume they would be longer due to lofts.  I'm not necessarily looking for the longest iron in the world just more of a penetrating flight than the i25 offers but maintains good forgiveness.  I currently have the i25 with px 5.5

Also, it looks like these cobra irons have been out a while-are they due for an update soon?

I think they're slightly wider but honestly not much.  They're nice and compact.  Another thing I'm noticing is haven't anything out of control. I've had some iron shots with Apex 16 and M2 Tour that fly extra 10 yards with no control of flight and bounce way long.  Also, they're easy to work with, I can launch the lower irons a mile high or flight down for punch or controlled shots.

Regarding update, I'm not sure.  These will be tough to beat.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:38 PM

I think blade length wise and sole width wise, these are not bigger than i25.

And they might be updated next year looking at the cycle alongside new player's cb and mb sets.

Edited by andrieddle, 11 May 2017 - 05:48 PM.

Callaway XR (11)
Ping G 3W (15)

TaylorMade M1 3H (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (22)
Ping G (5-W)

Bridgestone M Forged (50)
Callaway MD2 (56,60)
Odyssey MXM Versa #7

2

#33 TheMotorCity

TheMotorCity

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13029
  • Joined: 03/05/2006
  • Location:"South Detroit"
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

Ive always said if these irons had Callaway, TM or Titleist on it, they would be in a lot more  bags.
Callaway Epic 10.5 driver
TaylorMade M2 fairway woods
Ben Hogan PTX 4-6 irons, Ben Hogan FT Worth 15 7-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 54.58
Callaway PM wedge 64
TaylorMade Tour Spider (Jason Day)

3

#34 Jwglenn25

Jwglenn25

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466788
  • Joined: 05/08/2017
  • Location:Jacksonville
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:Jglenn2525
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:22 AM

In the market for some new(er) sticks. I've considered these and the Mizuno jpx900 forged and these seem to be getting such good reviews, just not many have people have went with them.  I'm glad to hear all the good comments

4

#35 EntourageLife

EntourageLife

    EntourageLife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393990
  • Joined: 08/31/2015
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 12 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

View PostJwglenn25, on 12 May 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

In the market for some new(er) sticks. I've considered these and the Mizuno jpx900 forged and these seem to be getting such good reviews, just not many have people have went with them.  I'm glad to hear all the good comments

Yes, I'm very pleased.  I've owned and/or tried almost all the latest offerings and these have been the most consistent.  As I've stated before, they set up very square and I'm already noticing a difference in accuracy.  Keep me posted thanks


5

#36 Lobber

Lobber

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54700
  • Joined: 04/29/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 346

Posted 13 May 2017 - 06:55 PM

If you like the Forged Tec and want to take the next step to a thinner top line give the King Pro a go.  I am very impressed with the combo set up 4-6 CB and 7-PW MB. Absolute great feel, looks control and good distance. Cobra is so underrated!

6

#37 JonnyKrasnodar

JonnyKrasnodar

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440224
  • Joined: 09/11/2016
  • Location:UK
GolfWRX Likes : 329

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:07 PM

I agree, albeit I play the F6 King irons. When I went for the fitting I was M2 or Ping G and after a few shots he's like "try these" and WOW! Feel, dispersion, distance all very consistent. Cobra will be my first port of call for irons going forward.

7

#38 kgeorge78

kgeorge78

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 427

Posted 13 May 2017 - 07:14 PM

ill see my set on tuesday - Not sure I even want to put them in play I'm hitting the AP2 so good right now.... Frick!

These are going to have to be amazing to knock out the AP2.
2017 M2 10.5 Tour AD DI 6
2017 M2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7

AP2 716 3-PW S300
Chrome Vokey 52F 56S 60S S300

EVNROLL #5

8

#39 Jwglenn25

Jwglenn25

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466788
  • Joined: 05/08/2017
  • Location:Jacksonville
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:Jglenn2525
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:39 AM

you guys are killing me with all the hype here, I know of a lefty set of forged tec like new i can get for a solid price, may have to pull the trigger

9

#40 Lobber

Lobber

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54700
  • Joined: 04/29/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 346

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:09 AM

No hype. They speak for themselves. You'll see


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 14 May 2017 - 08:19 AM

Definitely great irons for sure, grab them.
Callaway XR (11)
Ping G 3W (15)

TaylorMade M1 3H (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (22)
Ping G (5-W)

Bridgestone M Forged (50)
Callaway MD2 (56,60)
Odyssey MXM Versa #7

11

#42 Unteachable

Unteachable

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19031
  • Joined: 09/07/2006
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 178

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:28 AM

I think I'm down to either these, the z565 or steelhead pro.  I've only hit the steelhead pro so far.  I liked them ok.  Pretty loud and went high with the stiff c tapers in them.  I guess I have to set up a fitting

12

#43 rsh0308

rsh0308

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 173025
  • Joined: 04/04/2012
  • Location:Philadelphia, PA
GolfWRX Likes : 142

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:16 AM

I have owned the Amp Forged, Fly-Z+ and Fly-Z Pros and these are more forgiving and fly higher and longer than any of them.
Top line is a little wide for my taste but my last trackman fitting at Club Champion the guy was convinced these should be my next iron with some Nippon Modus 120X.
Can't wait to try the new King Forged. Looks more like the Z+ and Amp forged profile.
My Carl's Golfland / GolfWRX WITB story

Callaway Great Big Bertha 9*, GD AD DI-6x
Taylormade Aeroburner TP 15*, White Tie x
Taylormade Auroburner TP 3h, White Tie x
Mizuno 850 Forged 4-P, DG TIS400
Titleist Vokey SM5 50F/54M/58M, DG TIS400
Scotty Red X

13

#44 bobcat

bobcat

    Avid Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
  • Joined: 08/24/2005
  • Location:South Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 673

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:31 AM

I think it may just be the C-Taper Lite stock shaft that makes these irons perform so well!  I recently built a set of SLDR irons with that shaft which I have been very impressed with.  I first became familiar with the CTL shaft through using the TM UDI Driving Irons. (It is the stock shaft in the UDI's).  For me, the CTL shaft adds distance and reduces dispersion.  Great shaft in many premium irons including these Cobra Forged Tecs.


:golfer:

Edited by bobcat, 22 June 2017 - 04:30 PM.

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM V-Steel T/S (Tour Spoon) 13* - 43.25" Fuji Vista Pro 90 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM UDI's 16* (#1), 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

14

#45 Lobber

Lobber

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,053 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54700
  • Joined: 04/29/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 346

Posted 14 May 2017 - 11:43 AM

View PostUnteachable, on 14 May 2017 - 10:28 AM, said:

I think I'm down to either these, the z565 or steelhead pro.  I've only hit the steelhead pro so far.  I liked them ok.  Pretty loud and went high with the stiff c tapers in them.  I guess I have to set up a fitting

I,have 565 but definitely prefer the Cobra Forged Tec. They feel better, sole is thinner and they simply perform.  Nothing wrong with the Srixons but Cobra is my choice


15

#46 EntourageLife

EntourageLife

    EntourageLife

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 968 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 393990
  • Joined: 08/31/2015
  • Location:Tampa, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 14 May 2017 - 04:21 PM

View Postbobcat, on 14 May 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I think it's may just be the C-Taper Lite stock shaft that makes these irons perform so well!  I recently built a set of SLDR irons with that shaft which I have been very impressed with.  I first became familiar with the CTL shaft through using the TM UDI Driving Irons. (It is the stock shaft in the UDI's).  For me, the CTL shaft adds distance and reduces dispersion.  Great shaft in most any iron!


:golfer:

Might be?  I took C-Taper out and installed DG Pro shafts.  I have same shafts in Apex 16 and M2 Tour and know exactly what to expect.  These Forged Tec perform much better.

16

#47 tgolfer78

tgolfer78

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 440856
  • Joined: 09/17/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:02 PM

soooooo good

17

#48 Jwglenn25

Jwglenn25

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466788
  • Joined: 05/08/2017
  • Location:Jacksonville
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:Jglenn2525
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

bringing back the posts from last month, i pulled the trigger on some forged tecs from here in the classifieds. Can't wait to take them for a spin.   also just saw the photos where a member stripped the orange paint, they looked like perfection. I've never did any paint stripping but i may have to do some reading up i know there are several threads discussing the products and procedures.

18

#49 DPK55

DPK55

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 301189
  • Joined: 03/11/2014
  • Location:TX
  • Ebay ID:BigDZ55
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:09 PM

Last year I was hitting the Forged Tec and King Pro Cavity backs and the Callaway Apex combo set. the sales guy, who has since left to work for callaway, said even though my numbers were close he thought the Apex combo would be a better fit. Well with those being on back order, they didn't show up for over a month and during that time I had a trip to Scottsdale planned. Luckily, the store let me borrow a used set of irons to take with me, and luckily for me they had a set of Forged Tecs, with a stiff shaft. I was hitting them so pure and knew I should have gone with these over the Callaway's, but by them time I wanted to cancel the order the heads for the combos were back in stock.  

A year later still wish I would have gone with the Cobra's, loved the AMP Forges but let the orange color get to me and traded them in. Now my probem is going with the Forged Tec or the King Pro's in all cavity backs.

To me Cobra makes some of the best clubs on the market, especially irons and hybrids.
Ping G25 9.5* Tour Stiff Flex
Ping G25 3 wood Stiff Flex
Titleist 816 H1 19* Diamana S+ Blue 70 Stiff Flex
Callaway Apex Combo  4-PW w/ KBS C-Taper Light Shafts
Titleist Vokey SM6 50-54-58
Ping TR 1966 Anser 2 34"

19

#50 JJuel5

JJuel5

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 131986
  • Joined: 06/30/2011
  • Location:Lincoln, NE
  • Ebay ID:juel22
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 19 June 2017 - 03:13 PM

I have regretted not going back to Cobra. So I was hitting the Cobra FPs really well playing some of my best golf ever. Decided I wanted to find a new set. Was always big on Nike everything so went with a set of VR Pro Combos. While I do like them I just keep thinking about the fact that I should have just picked up a new set of Cobras instead.

Nike Covert 2.0 Tour
Nike Vapor Fly 3w+
Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW
Cobra King 52*
Titleist Vokey 56*
SeeMore Corona Del Mar X4

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 andrieddle

andrieddle

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414694
  • Joined: 03/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 133

Posted 20 June 2017 - 02:59 AM

View PostDPK55, on 19 June 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Last year I was hitting the Forged Tec and King Pro Cavity backs and the Callaway Apex combo set. the sales guy, who has since left to work for callaway, said even though my numbers were close he thought the Apex combo would be a better fit. Well with those being on back order, they didn't show up for over a month and during that time I had a trip to Scottsdale planned. Luckily, the store let me borrow a used set of irons to take with me, and luckily for me they had a set of Forged Tecs, with a stiff shaft. I was hitting them so pure and knew I should have gone with these over the Callaway's, but by them time I wanted to cancel the order the heads for the combos were back in stock.  

A year later still wish I would have gone with the Cobra's, loved the AMP Forges but let the orange color get to me and traded them in. Now my probem is going with the Forged Tec or the King Pro's in all cavity backs.

To me Cobra makes some of the best clubs on the market, especially irons and hybrids.

I'll go with Pro CBs next (of the latest edition of course) when I decide to upgrade....which might be a while. I actually sold off my Epon and keeping my Cobra irons.
Callaway XR (11)
Ping G 3W (15)

TaylorMade M1 3H (19)
TaylorMade R15 4H (22)
Ping G (5-W)

Bridgestone M Forged (50)
Callaway MD2 (56,60)
Odyssey MXM Versa #7

21

#52 Jwglenn25

Jwglenn25

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 466788
  • Joined: 05/08/2017
  • Location:Jacksonville
  • Handicap:13
  • Ebay ID:Jglenn2525
GolfWRX Likes : 18

Posted 20 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

I like hearing all the good thoughts on cobra products.   This set will be my first cobra product of any sort. I'm sure it won't be my last

22

#53 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 738

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:11 PM

View Postkgeorge78, on 13 May 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

ill see my set on tuesday - Not sure I even want to put them in play I'm hitting the AP2 so good right now.... Frick!

These are going to have to be amazing to knock out the AP2.

They easily knocked out the AP2's for me and I did a full trackman iron fitting with all the latest offerings and the fitter said to stick with the AP2's  (they didn't have forged TEC's available). I just bought them on a whim and have had no reason to go back after getting the right shafts.
Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2

23

#54 kgeorge78

kgeorge78

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71845
  • Joined: 01/03/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 427

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:23 PM

View Post1puttTUT, on 20 June 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

View Postkgeorge78, on 13 May 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

ill see my set on tuesday - Not sure I even want to put them in play I'm hitting the AP2 so good right now.... Frick!

These are going to have to be amazing to knock out the AP2.

They easily knocked out the AP2's for me and I did a full trackman iron fitting with all the latest offerings and the fitter said to stick with the AP2's  (they didn't have forged TEC's available). I just bought them on a whim and have had no reason to go back after getting the right shafts.


I didnt even accept mine.  Stuck with AP2.  Mine didn't ship in time and was delayed so I told them to cancel them.  Glad I did I love my AP2
2017 M2 10.5 Tour AD DI 6
2017 M2 16.5 Tour AD DI 7

AP2 716 3-PW S300
Chrome Vokey 52F 56S 60S S300

EVNROLL #5

24

#55 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 738

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:06 AM

View Postbobcat, on 14 May 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

I think it's may just be the C-Taper Lite stock shaft that makes these irons perform so well!  I recently built a set of SLDR irons with that shaft which I have been very impressed with.  I first became familiar with the CTL shaft through using the TM UDI Driving Irons. (It is the stock shaft in the UDI's).  For me, the CTL shaft adds distance and reduces dispersion.  Great shaft in most any iron!


:golfer:

Nope, I hate that shaft. I swapped in KBS tour 120's and it made them even better (at least for me). Don't try to detract from their greatness with your silly shaft theories! ;)

Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2

25

#56 1puttTUT

1puttTUT

    Lefty with occasional game

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,335 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 354761
  • Joined: 12/29/2014
  • Location:Michigan
  • Handicap:5.9
  • Ebay ID:pmtuttle21
GolfWRX Likes : 738

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:09 AM

View Postkgeorge78, on 20 June 2017 - 09:23 PM, said:

View Post1puttTUT, on 20 June 2017 - 08:11 PM, said:

View Postkgeorge78, on 13 May 2017 - 07:14 PM, said:

ill see my set on tuesday - Not sure I even want to put them in play I'm hitting the AP2 so good right now.... Frick!

These are going to have to be amazing to knock out the AP2.

They easily knocked out the AP2's for me and I did a full trackman iron fitting with all the latest offerings and the fitter said to stick with the AP2's  (they didn't have forged TEC's available). I just bought them on a whim and have had no reason to go back after getting the right shafts.


I didnt even accept mine.  Stuck with AP2.  Mine didn't ship in time and was delayed so I told them to cancel them.  Glad I did I love my AP2

I'm glad I pulled the trigger to satisfy my curiosity. AP2's are just collecting dust in the basement now.
Cobra LTD 11.5D w/ Elements Chrome 6F4
TM M2 16.5* w/ Fujikura Motore F3 80s
Cobra F6 19* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 913H 21* w/stock garbage shaft
Titleist 915H 24* w/stock garbage shaft
Cobra forged TEC 6-PW w/ KBS Tour 120s
Titleist 714 AP2 GW w/ Nippon Modus3 120s
Titleist Vokey SM4 54*/58* w/ Nippon Modus3 125s
Bettinardi BB2

26

#57 manima1

manima1

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394214
  • Joined: 09/01/2015
  • Location:Chicago
  • Handicap:11.3
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 21 June 2017 - 06:38 AM

Nice set for sure, but this is still a multi-piece design as others have stated.  It's not a true one-piece forged iron.  

To me, the biggest benefit of the one-piece forging aside from feel is the distance control.  With a block of metal, there is no "springboard".  You're hitting the ball with a block of forged metal.  Front to back dispersion is always going to be better on decent strikes.

As a former AP1 user, my biggest frustration was to hit a perfect shot only to see it fly 10-15 yards past the hole.  Granted, these sets have come a long way since my old AP1's, but the design concept is still similar in any of these multi piece irons.  

You won't match the front to back dispersion of the Cobra King Forged CB/MB irons by comparison.
Taylormade '16 M2 8.5->7.5 - Kuro Kage Dual Core 80tx
Srixon zU45 18 degree - TI DG S400
Srixon z765 3 iron - TI DG S400
Srixon z745 4-PW - TI DG S400s
SM6 50.08F - DG Wedge Flex
SM5 52.08F - DG Wedge Flex
SM5 60.08M - DG Wedge Flex
Odyssey Tank Cruiser V-line

27

#58 TheMotorCity

TheMotorCity

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 432 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 13029
  • Joined: 03/05/2006
  • Location:"South Detroit"
  • Handicap:4.8
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:04 PM

Had the 716 AP2,  went with Forged Tec ,so glad I did better in every way
Callaway Epic 10.5 driver
TaylorMade M2 fairway woods
Ben Hogan PTX 4-6 irons, Ben Hogan FT Worth 15 7-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 54.58
Callaway PM wedge 64
TaylorMade Tour Spider (Jason Day)

28

#59 bobcat

bobcat

    Avid Golfer

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5452
  • Joined: 08/24/2005
  • Location:South Florida
GolfWRX Likes : 673

Posted 22 June 2017 - 04:27 PM

View Post1puttTUT, on 21 June 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

Nope, I hate that shaft. I swapped in KBS tour 120's and it made them even better (at least for me). Don't try to detract from their greatness with your silly shaft theories! ;)

Did I say the Cobra Forged Tecs were not great heads?  Of course not! I was merely mentioning the contribution the stock C-Taper Lite shaft makes as part of the club. I also happen to feel the C-Taper Lites are capable of making a lot of irons better based on my own experience.  

I don't see the need to accuse you of "silly shaft theories" for saying above that the KBS Tour 120's made the Forged Tecs even better for you than the stock C-Taper Lites you claim to "hate'.

Seems to me, your post is actually a testimony to the importance of finding he right shaft for your swing.  I certainly would never accuse you of  any "silly shaft theories" for saying that you prefer something other than the stock C-Taper Lite shaft in the Cobra Forged Tecs.  No need to be rude like you! :beee: ..

:golfer:

Edited by bobcat, 22 June 2017 - 04:33 PM.

What's in Bobcat's Bag?  (Showing more than 14 clubs due to options)

Driver: TM 2015 9.5* SLDR-C - 45.5" Miyazaki Kusala Black 61s (tipped 1/2")
Fairway: TM V-Steel T/S (Tour Spoon) 13* - 43.25" Fuji Vista Pro 90 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid Fairway: TM Rescue Fairway 15* '3-Strong'- 42.75" Fujikura VP-90 Stiff
Hybrids: TM Rescue-Mid TP's 19*(3H) & 22*(4H) - Fujikura Vista Pro 90 Stiff
Driving Irons: TM UDI's 16* (#1), 20* (#3) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Shafts
Irons: TM 2015 SLDR Irons (5-8i only) - KBS C-Taper Lite 110 Stiff Flex Steel
Hybrid Wedges: Cleveland 2011 Niblicks - 42*PW /49*DW / 56*SW - Stock Steel
Wedge: 2011 Cleveland CG-16 Black Pearl 58*/8* (SW/LW) - Stock Steel Shaft
Putter: Bettinardi BBX-81 Blade - 35" Bettinardi Stock Steel Putter Shaft

29

#60 dmeeksDC

dmeeksDC

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431476
  • Joined: 07/04/2016
  • Location:Washington DC
  • Handicap:10
  • Ebay ID:dmeeks2010
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:31 AM

View Postbobcat, on 22 June 2017 - 04:27 PM, said:

View Post1puttTUT, on 21 June 2017 - 06:06 AM, said:

Nope, I hate that shaft. I swapped in KBS tour 120's and it made them even better (at least for me). Don't try to detract from their greatness with your silly shaft theories! ;)

Did I say the Cobra Forged Tecs were not great heads?  Of course not! I was merely mentioning the contribution the stock C-Taper Lite shaft makes as part of the club. I also happen to feel the C-Taper Lites are capable of making a lot of irons better based on my own experience.  

I don't see the need to accuse you of "silly shaft theories" for saying above that the KBS Tour 120's made the Forged Tecs even better for you than the stock C-Taper Lites you claim to "hate'.

Seems to me, your post is actually a testimony to the importance of finding he right shaft for your swing.  I certainly would never accuse you of  any "silly shaft theories" for saying that you prefer something other than the stock C-Taper Lite shaft in the Cobra Forged Tecs.  No need to be rude like you! :beee: ..

:golfer:

C Taper Lites are outstanding. Far livelier than the Tours IMO. I play the CTL in X flex, softstepped once, and they offer strong, penetrating flight that is accurate and shots stop on a dime.

Key is to get the right weight, which for me is in that 115g range. C Taper standard did not spin enough for me, dropped down to the Lites and they fit perfect.

Current lineup:

TM M1 440 Tour Issue, 10-degree, Diamana B Series X,
67g.
Nike Flex 3 wood, Diamana S-70 stiff
Callaway Epic 5W, Hzrdus T800 S, 65g.
Callaway Apex hybrid, 20 degree, Kuro Kage 80HY stiff shaft
Mizuno MP-59, 4-P, PX 5.5
(Coming: Srixon z565 4 iron, z965 5-P, C Taper Lite X.)
Ping Glide 50, 54, CFS wedge shafts
Fourteen RM12 58/12 sand wedge
Edel Rogue putter (thick blade), 34 inch.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors