Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

No name JDM clubs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191632
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:43 PM

Hi Everyone,

I have been asking a few questions lately as I continue to look for clubs for my wife and mother in law.  I also just bought myself a set of Yonex Ezone XF that arrived today.  But..... I thought about getting another set of forged irons.  I have no business playing blades nor am I looking to give up distance.  
Being left handed limits my selection.  Is Geotech the best bet to pick up forged clubs at a great price?  Any websites in particular.  I am totally fine with limited stamping or buying clubs without a well established name.  I can buy the heads only for now and assemble later or buy assembled clubs but prefer assembled clubs.  Any suggestions of where i can get a good deal of cavity back no name forged clubs?  

Appreciate any help!
Regards,
Mark

Drivers - 10.5 Taylormade SLDR TP 430; 10.5 Geek DCT HOF Platinum; 9.5 Callaway Optiforce HOF Platinum
Irons - Yonex Ezone XP with EX300 Graphite Stiff flex
Putter - Xenon Golf Handmade kUtlus
Ball - Vice Pro
Bag - Mizuno Comp Stand Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 95124hacker

95124hacker

Rare putter collection

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356977
  • Handicap:13.5
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 03 May 2017 - 10:22 PM

I'd stay away from Geotech. I think they're made in China not Japan which would leave an underwhelming impression of JDM for you from the start.

Does it have to be new? Why exactly are you looking at JDM?

Some want the precision craftsmanship and quality. Some want obscurity / something different that's not mass produced.

Some want uber soft feel. Having played 15 or so sets of JDM forged irons, I can certainly recommend but I need to understand your reasons "why JDM".

#3 Kingcat990

Kingcat990

European Tailored Golf Socks

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,992 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 291815
GolfWRX Likes : 1966

Posted 04 May 2017 - 07:42 PM

Cooper CP45
Wyoming Cowboys