Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ladies Japanese Domestic and Non-US Market Equipment

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191632
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:43 AM

Hi Everyone,

Looking to buy the mother in law clubs from the Japanese Domestic and Non-US Market Equipment.  I real unique gift that she will appreciate.  I know she really likes Honma but wasn't sure what other brands the forum members would recommend.  Not sure if the fact I am looking for a ladies club changes anyone's opinions.  Is www.tourspecgolf.com the best place the buy Japanese Domestic and Non-US Market Equipment clubs?  Clubs have to be new which limits eBay use.

Appreciate both brand and website recommendations.

Also, any opinions on Katana sword?  I see they have a full set with bag on www.tourspecgolf.com for over 50% off and was thinking about getting a set for my wife as well.

Thanks,
Mark

Drivers - 10.5 Taylormade SLDR TP 430; 10.5 Geek DCT HOF Platinum; 9.5 Callaway Optiforce HOF Platinum
Irons - Yonex Ezone XP with EX300 Graphite Stiff flex
Putter - Xenon Golf Handmade kUtlus
Ball - Vice Pro
Bag - Mizuno Comp Stand Bag

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

I just found out my mother in law is looking for a senior flex shaft and not ladies flex so that increases options!
Drivers - 10.5 Taylormade SLDR TP 430; 10.5 Geek DCT HOF Platinum; 9.5 Callaway Optiforce HOF Platinum
Ball - Vice Pro

#3 95124hacker

95124hacker

Rare putter collection

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356977
  • Handicap:13.5
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 30 April 2017 - 03:12 PM

XXIO is very popular amongst the casual golfers

#4 kingarthur

kingarthur

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29897
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:30 PM

I would recommend On-Off, most of the ladies I play golf with in Asia use them.  Very well made, easy to play with and the colour scheme is very good, you can actually customize the colour if you wish to.

#5 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 09:56 PM

View Postkingarthur, on 30 April 2017 - 09:30 PM, said:

I would recommend On-Off, most of the ladies I play golf with in Asia use them.  Very well made, easy to play with and the colour scheme is very good, you can actually customize the colour if you wish to.

Looking at the GIII right now on www.tourspecgolf.com  Expensive....  Any recommendations on the different sites to pick up unique Japanese equipment (new only) besides tourspecgolf?  From an iron perspective was looking for a game improvement iron.  Any recommendations for brands?  XXIO?

Regards,
Mark

Ball - Vice Pro

#6 maslie

maslie

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 178768
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

Hi Mark,
GIII is their luxury line, you may want to look other series. OnOff is really nice. Bridgestone have their paradiso line for ladies. XXIO indeed the most famous.Maruman shuttle line are easy to use as PRGR in egg line. You can't go wrong with Honma too. Take a look for older model if you are within budget as well. Goodluck.
Anyway fairwaygolf are selling Japanese line if importing isn't convenient for you. Good luck.
global.rakuten.com/en/category/214327/?sm=0&p=1&used=2
Driver -
Tour Stage X-drive black Attas MK.
Fw -
#3 Cb4 tour std rip.  
#5 Rbz stg1 tour TP std Rul.  
#7 Cleaveland Launcher 1st gen std Fuji gold.
Irons -
#3 Scratch Ez modus 120.
#5-Pw Romaro Ray H modus 120.
Wedges -
52 & 58 Fourteen Rm 12 std Dg.
Putter
Toulon garage Madison.

#7 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 30 April 2017 - 10:56 PM

View Postmaslie, on 30 April 2017 - 10:52 PM, said:

Hi Mark,
GIII is their luxury line, you may want to look other series. OnOff is really nice. Bridgestone have their paradiso line for ladies. XXIO indeed the most famous.Maruman shuttle line are easy to use as PRGR in egg line. You can't go wrong with Honma too. Take a look for older model if you are within budget as well. Goodluck.
Anyway fairwaygolf are selling Japanese line if importing isn't convenient for you. Good luck.
global.rakuten.com/en/category/214327/?sm=0&p=1&used=2

Thank you Malise.  I will look at fairwaygolf.  I just found a vendor on eBay that seems to be selling various Japanese lines at a great price that I will look into.

Regards, Mark
Ball - Vice Pro

#8 95124hacker

95124hacker

Rare putter collection

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 830 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 356977
  • Handicap:13.5
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 30 April 2017 - 11:00 PM

Global Rakuten is like Amazon in Japan. You can buy new there. Some vendors ship international. I've bought many golf items (shoes, shirts, headcovers, shafts, clubs) with no issues.

#9 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 894 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
GolfWRX Likes : 728

Posted 01 May 2017 - 05:20 AM

You could also check out yahoo auctions to see what`s out there.

With the seniors, just about everyone here plays XXIO. They are Dunlop - So in the Maxfli, Dunlop, Srixon, Cleveland family. They are kind of the premium game improvement line and stores are filled with used sets (most rarely taken to the course before the owner passed away) and lots of new sets waiting to be bought, and used once or twice a year.

I was going to say, Onoff are the nicest looking JDM, outside of Miura and Epon. The Kuro with the goldish hue is probably my favorite iron to look at with the high~tech grooves and classy O in the cavity. And, the top line is not too big, yet not too small. I think they wouldn`t be a deal breaker for a player or a chop.

My wife has Taylormade Gloire irons from a few years back and also I would say if you look back a little Tourstage also have some really classy ladies sticks.
D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
15 - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
18 - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
3-PW - Taylormade X300 - FCI DGS300
54 - KM Miura
60 - Ping Eye2 XG / Ping Eye2 BECU

Backups, Classics and Projects

Yamaha Sutton grinds SX25 3-PW
Hogan Redlines 3-E
Founders 200 series 3-P
Bridgestone Proisme 2-P
MT Tourney R58 3-P
Dunlop DP-30 3-P
Tourstage MR-23 US Spec. CB

#10 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:23 PM

View PostChristen_The_Sloop, on 01 May 2017 - 05:20 AM, said:

You could also check out yahoo auctions to see what`s out there.

With the seniors, just about everyone here plays XXIO. They are Dunlop - So in the Maxfli, Dunlop, Srixon, Cleveland family. They are kind of the premium game improvement line and stores are filled with used sets (most rarely taken to the course before the owner passed away) and lots of new sets waiting to be bought, and used once or twice a year.

I was going to say, Onoff are the nicest looking JDM, outside of Miura and Epon. The Kuro with the goldish hue is probably my favorite iron to look at with the high~tech grooves and classy O in the cavity. And, the top line is not too big, yet not too small. I think they wouldn`t be a deal breaker for a player or a chop.

My wife has Taylormade Gloire irons from a few years back and also I would say if you look back a little Tourstage also have some really classy ladies sticks.

Have you seen anyone using Itobori?  They have some very interesting looking clubs!

Ball - Vice Pro

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 kingarthur

kingarthur

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

View PostMarkboots, on 30 April 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

Looking at the GIII right now on www.tourspecgolf.com  Expensive....  Any recommendations on the different sites to pick up unique Japanese equipment (new only) besides tourspecgolf?  From an iron perspective was looking for a game improvement iron.  Any recommendations for brands?  XXIO?

Regards,
Mark
as stated in another post, the giii is the PREMIUM line. On-Off is excellent from woods to irons,  and tend to be GI for the ladies clubs.  I would recommend going with Global Rakuten,  the translation may be a little annoying but most of the vendors that choose to do international sales are capable of commnicating in English via email.

#12 Markboots

Markboots

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:43 PM

View Postkingarthur, on 02 May 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Regards,
Mark
as stated in another post, the giii is the PREMIUM line. On-Off is excellent from woods to irons,  and tend to be GI for the ladies clubs.  I would recommend going with Global Rakuten,  the translation may be a little annoying but most of the vendors that choose to do international sales are capable of commnicating in English via email.

Thanks.  I will take a look.  With US customs I will need to order items separately.  Would rather pay double shipping then customs.  have you dealt with any vendors in particular?  Good to use vendors other have had positive experience with.
Ball - Vice Pro

#13 kingarthur

kingarthur

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts
  •  

Posted 02 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

View PostMarkboots, on 02 May 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

View Postkingarthur, on 02 May 2017 - 09:32 AM, said:

Regards,
Mark

Thanks.  I will take a look.  With US customs I will need to order items separately.  Would rather pay double shipping then customs.  have you dealt with any vendors in particular?  Good to use vendors other have had positive experience with.
Golf Partners, Golf Puresuto, Golf One and Greenfil golf. Never had any issues with any of them. I can't say for sure how much the duties would be but wasn't required to pay any for all my purchases.

Edited by kingarthur, 02 May 2017 - 10:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors