Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Vice Pro Soft Review

ProV vs Vice

69 replies to this topic

#61 Underlined.i

Underlined.i

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106566
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 11 June 2017 - 11:05 PM

Played some Pro Soft Red this weekend for my first experience with Vice. I typically play TaylorMade TPX, but I am going to be switching to Snell or Vice.

Driver - Just as long as TPX, maybe even a yard or two longer. Nice feel, definitely not too soft.

Irons - Probably just an off weekend, but I couldn't hit any quality shots. Ball striking has always been a plus in my game, so in my mind I am wondering if the matte red was throwing me off. I should mention this is the first time I have played a non-white ball since I was about 10 (20 years ago).

Wedges/Chips/ - For me, plays very similar to the TPX. Going back to my comment about ball striking - I hit some of the best chip/pitches of my life today. (Maybe the color is fine)

Putting - Terrible weekend putting, but I am always up and down here. Plus, I just switched putters, grips, and stances lol. But the ball feels nice to me. My distances were right on today even if I was always off target.

I need to play a few more rounds with this and the Snell before I decide where I'm headed. I love that these balls are matte, but I almost hope that Snell wins out so I don't get too anxious about a color choice!

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 Stephens24

Stephens24

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 188 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51390
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 13 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

After ordering the variety pack......I just don't like the matte finish, at least with the white ball. I like most matte things too cars, college football helmets. But for me, the white, even though it cleans up well, it looks to me like the cheap practice golf wiffle balls or a super old golf ball from 70s. I do think the neon or red version will prob do better. I just didn't like the appearance of an "off white" ball to me.

Edited by Stephens24, 13 June 2017 - 04:29 PM.

#63 theedge27

theedge27

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 269 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 14 June 2017 - 07:25 AM

Pm me if anyone isn't a fan of the pro soft and has some stock they'd like to move.

#64 Nic1972

Nic1972

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350971
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 18 June 2017 - 07:16 AM

View PostNic1972, on 11 June 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

I received my Pro Softs this week and went to the range to try them on the putting and chipping green.

They look great, the mat finish is gorgeous, as well as the branding. The ball performed very well for all approach shots, better than my current gamer, a lot of spin and good feeling. However Putting was awful, I could not "feel" the ball at all, hence I could not control the distance. Thought that part of the problem came from my Yes putter, which is quite heavy and the face feels harder than my Scotty. The situation actually improved after I switched putter, but not enough to put the ball in play for my competition this weekend.

I will practice again this week with the Vice ball, and play a round next weekend, as I really like the look of the ball and the brand itself.
Played 18 holes yesterday and compared the Vice to the Volvik S4 I played the last few weeks. After another putting session on Friday I managed to get a feeling for the ball, using my Scotty. This was confirmed during my round as I had 31 putts, including a 3-putt on the 18 from 50 cm....
The ball feels great off the driver and FW wood, very long and straight (I actually lost two balls because my drives were too long and the balls went into frontal water, never went so far before), as well as with the irons, very easy to control.
Feeling is much better compared to the Volvik, but where this ball shins, for me, is for approach shots. My playing partners were impressed by my short game, but for me the ball played a big part in it.
This will be my new ball for sure, will place a new order soon, and would like to try their gloves, too.
Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') /  Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21); Adams 9031 Pro (24) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 (52 & 56); Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60) / KBS 610 120 / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
Ball: Vice Pro Soft White
Glove: Footjoy Pure Touch
Shoes: Footjoy Hyperflex Boa

#65 stevegp

stevegp

ClubWRX Charter Member

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3278
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:20 PM

The Vice Pro Soft--in all three colors--will be re-stocked on July 10, according the their web site.

stevegp

#66 Tanner25

Tanner25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,890 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 24 June 2017 - 07:53 PM

What is the compression on the Vice Pro Soft? People say they are dull off the putter. Is this ball similar to chrome soft 15?

#67 Underlined.i

Underlined.i

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106566
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 24 June 2017 - 09:13 PM

View PostTanner25, on 24 June 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

What is the compression on the Vice Pro Soft? People say they are dull off the putter. Is this ball similar to chrome soft 15?

I think they have the compression listed as 35.

#68 Nic1972

Nic1972

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 350971
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:46 PM

View PostTanner25, on 24 June 2017 - 07:53 PM, said:

It took me a while to get a feeling for the ball, it feels very different than the balls I played previously. But after several practice sessions and a round I am happy that I insisted a bit. For me it is the best ball I have ever played, putting included.
Driver: Nike Covert Pro 2.0 / Mitsubishi Diamana S+ Ltd 60 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Mini-Driver: Callaway X2Hot 2-Deep / Aldila Tour Green ATX75 3.7 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
3-Wood: Taylormade RBZ Stage 2 TP / Matrix Ozik Rul 80 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
DI: Adams DHY Pro (18') /  Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Hybrids: Titleist 585H (21); Adams 9031 Pro (24) / Mitsubishi Diamana D+ 82H S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Irons: Mizuno MP H-5 (4 Iron); Mizuno MP 4 (5 - PW) / Mitsubishi OT-I 105 S / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 (52 & 56); Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind (60) / KBS 610 120 / Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Blue
Putter: Yes Callie & Scotty Cameron California Fastback / UST Mamiya Frequency Filtered / Golf Pride Tour SNSR 104 Pistol
Ball: Vice Pro Soft White
Glove: Footjoy Pure Touch
Shoes: Footjoy Hyperflex Boa

#69 monks66

monks66

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 465294
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 25 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

the lime and red vice soft are awesome, as far as the color..the lime being the better ball to see

#70 McMoo

McMoo

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456192
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted Yesterday, 06:19 AM

I have some pro softs lime and pro plus red that I'm eager to try out and will post a review when I do. The red is more of a salmon color. Both feel great just hitting puts around the house. We'll see if one of them can knock off the TPX which has been great for me.

Driver: Callaway GBB Epic Sub Zero - 9 degree, 12g weight forward, Fujikura Pro Green 62 X
3 wood: Callaway XR Pro 14 degree - Stock Project X 6.0
3 hybrid: Callaway XR Pro 20 degree - Stock Project X 6.0
4-pw: Bridgestone J15 DF - Project X PXI 6.0
50, 55, 60 wedges: Mizuno T4
Putter: Odyssey Works #1W
Ball: Taylormade Tour Preferred X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors