Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 cvvorst

cvvorst

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125478
GolfWRX Likes : 796

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:31 PM

I recently purchased a new Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder. I have really liked it so far. Very fast, easy to use, I love the red or black option. I found the Tour V3 eyepiece a bit easier to look through, but overall I am very happy. I have never had a problem getting an accurate yardage. Until yesterday that is.

I was playing a few holes with my daughter well before sundown, but he sun was a little low in the sky. I played a hole that had the green directly in front of the setting sun. I was about 150 out after my tee shot, but the pin wasn't in the middle, and there was a slight downhill trajectory, so I wanted to laser it. I tried 10 times from near my ball to laser the pin, I kept getting the e32 error message / e32 error code. At first, I was scared that I had messed it up somehow. Then I realized that wasn't possible. The rangefinder was put into it's case every time I used it, and I have never jostled it or anything of the sort. I tried to laser a house behind the green hoping it worked, it did. I tried multiple targets, and the only target that worked from my angle was a window/the house. I tried to laser the tee box behind me, and that worked fine as well.

Is this a common problem for rangefinders? Has anyone else seen this error message?

I sent a message off to Bushnell Customer Service, I received the standard reply that they will take a look and see if they will warranty it, and send me a quote otherwise. It would take 3-4 weeks at best, likely longer. I don't even know if I have an actual problem with my rangefinder, or if this was a one time fluke (I'm guessing it just won't work in the setting sun?) But no matter what happens, I am not optimistic about dealing with Bushnell Customer Service.

I never thought I would have to deal with this. I have read threads talking about how Leupold has the best customer service, and how Bushnell is lacking, but I didn't think it would ever matter to me. Now I am wishing I had purchased a Leupold, and I am looking for one right now in fact.

If you are looking to buy a rangefinder and can't decide between Leupold and Bushnell, please keep in mind that there is a good chance that you will have a problem with your rangefinder some day. If or when you do, you will wish or be happy you have a Leupold.

After a lot of testing my bag is pretty much set. I will be testing a few driver shafts soon, but the AD TP 6x is the main shaft to beat. I'm currently using a Toulon Indianapolis, but I want to test an Evnroll ER7

Ping G400 10.5 - Graphite Design AD TP 6X or Diamana BF 60 TX
Ping G400 Stretch AD TP 7X
Titleist 818 H2 19 Tensei White 100X
Titleist 816 H2 23 - Diamana D+ 100 X
5 to PW PXG 0311T - Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58M
Toulon Indianapolis or Evnroll ER7

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 1111

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:44 PM

View Postcvvorst, on 10 April 2017 - 02:31 PM, said:

I recently purchased a new Bushnell Tour X Rangefinder. I have really liked it so far. Very fast, easy to use, I love the red or black option. I found the Tour V3 eyepiece a bit easier to look through, but overall I am very happy. I have never had a problem getting an accurate yardage. Until yesterday that is.

I was playing a few holes with my daughter well before sundown, but he sun was a little low in the sky. I played a hole that had the green directly in front of the setting sun. I was about 150 out after my tee shot, but the pin wasn't in the middle, and there was a slight downhill trajectory, so I wanted to laser it. I tried 10 times from near my ball to laser the pin, I kept getting the e32 error message / e32 error code. At first, I was scared that I had messed it up somehow. Then I realized that wasn't possible. The rangefinder was put into it's case every time I used it, and I have never jostled it or anything of the sort. I tried to laser a house behind the green hoping it worked, it did. I tried multiple targets, and the only target that worked from my angle was a window/the house. I tried to laser the tee box behind me, and that worked fine as well.

Is this a common problem for rangefinders? Has anyone else seen this error message?

I sent a message off to Bushnell Customer Service, I received the standard reply that they will take a look and see if they will warranty it, and send me a quote otherwise. It would take 3-4 weeks at best, likely longer. I don't even know if I have an actual problem with my rangefinder, or if this was a one time fluke (I'm guessing it just won't work in the setting sun?) But no matter what happens, I am not optimistic about dealing with Bushnell Customer Service.

I never thought I would have to deal with this. I have read threads talking about how Leupold has the best customer service, and how Bushnell is lacking, but I didn't think it would ever matter to me. Now I am wishing I had purchased a Leupold, and I am looking for one right now in fact.

If you are looking to buy a rangefinder and can't decide between Leupold and Bushnell, please keep in mind that there is a good chance that you will have a problem with your rangefinder some day. If or when you do, you will wish or be happy you have a Leupold.
It's a normal error when you are shooting a pin with the sun low in the backdrop.

#3 Yrrdead

Yrrdead

Better Living Through Chemistry

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 290977
  • Handicap:7.8
  • Ebay ID:venekelos
GolfWRX Likes : 692

Posted 12 April 2017 - 07:59 AM

Same thing happened to me and then I realized, uhm you just pointed an electronic eye at a massive fusion reaction and are surprised it isn't giving me a yardage.
GBB 9 (-1,N)
Cobra Baffler 16, X2Hot Pro 18
Apex Pro 4-PW
Mizuno T5 50,54,58
Metal X #7
http://www.gamegolf.com/player/Yrrdead

#4 cz13X4

cz13X4

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,255 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79464
GolfWRX Likes : 1039

Posted 17 May 2017 - 08:30 PM

same exact setting for me this past saturday, and same code. must be a very specific angle with the sun because I could shoot anything below the flag and it worked fine in the same direction....the sun wasn't directly behind either, but I figured that was the issue.

#5 Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 172959
GolfWRX Likes : 89

Posted 18 May 2017 - 09:12 AM

I have had the same issue with mine.  I do find it odd because I have never had that problem with other models of Bushnell range finders, and my friends have no issues at the same time.

#6 cvvorst

cvvorst

Major Winner

• 2,239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 125478
GolfWRX Likes : 796

Posted 18 May 2017 - 11:15 AM

Thankfully this problem doesn't occur often, but it is odd that other models from Bushnell (or other manufacturers) don't have this issue.
After a lot of testing my bag is pretty much set. I will be testing a few driver shafts soon, but the AD TP 6x is the main shaft to beat. I'm currently using a Toulon Indianapolis, but I want to test an Evnroll ER7

Ping G400 10.5 - Graphite Design AD TP 6X or Diamana BF 60 TX
Ping G400 Stretch AD TP 7X
Titleist 818 H2 19 Tensei White 100X
Titleist 816 H2 23 - Diamana D+ 100 X
5 to PW PXG 0311T - Project X LZ 6.5
Titleist Vokey Wedgeworks SM6 RAW - 50F - 54S - 58M
Toulon Indianapolis or Evnroll ER7

#7 gomuskies09

gomuskies09

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 130729
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 19 August 2017 - 08:11 AM

Had this code pop up the other evening. And now my TourX won't work at all.

Long story short - purchased a Monument magnetic strap and had the TourX hanging on the cart rail. It was the first time I used it and it never crossed my mind to take the rangefinder down as we were waiting on a shower to pass through. So it got a little wet...then the E32 code popped up. Then it completely stopped working.

Anyone have any experiences similar to this? Going to give Bushnell a call Monday to see if I can send it in.

#8 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Major Winner

• 1,853 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 1111

Posted 20 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

View Postgomuskies09, on 19 August 2017 - 08:11 AM, said:

Had this code pop up the other evening. And now my TourX won't work at all.

Long story short - purchased a Monument magnetic strap and had the TourX hanging on the cart rail. It was the first time I used it and it never crossed my mind to take the rangefinder down as we were waiting on a shower to pass through. So it got a little wet...then the E32 code popped up. Then it completely stopped working.

Anyone have any experiences similar to this? Going to give Bushnell a call Monday to see if I can send it in.
Tour X isn't waterproof so it's possible the internals got wet.  Let it dry out and see if it works.  I'd also try replacing the battery.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors