Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Best Driving Iron


59 replies to this topic

#1 MatrixcMan

MatrixcMan

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1138
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:08 PM

PRGR Super Egg or the Utility iro

Played this for the first time and nothing but positive comments. What a shame PRGR does not import their clubs to the USA.  Super easy to hit...great roll.

Play one if you get the chance.

Edited by MatrixcMan, 09 April 2017 - 08:18 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 SubaruWRX

SubaruWRX

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40485
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 1834

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:40 AM

I liked the Fourteen driving irons even more
I think getting advice from guys who are sitting at the computer in their underwear while taking a break from porn is a very solid way to choose clubs. - bluedot

2

#3 mootrail

mootrail

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305945
  • Joined: 04/05/2014
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:42 PM

Easy to buy online...  You realize of course that the Super Egg series is non-conforming.

3

#4 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:lowS
GolfWRX Likes : 2778

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:45 PM

Not sure Titleist 716 T-MB 2 iron at 17* is a driving iron, but it works well for me.
Titleist 917D2 10.5, Project X6C12 Tour Issue
Titleist 917F2, 15*, Project X7C3 Tour Issue
Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, Project X 5.5
Titleist 716CB 3-9, Project X 6.0
Titleist 716CB PW, Project X 5.5
SM6 F-52*, Project X 5.5
SM6 M-58*, DGS200
SC California Monterey
ProV1x

4

#5 Wesquire

Wesquire

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431610
  • Joined: 07/05/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:57 PM

I love the crossover. Incredibly forgiving. I have a decent gap between my 4i and my 3w, the 3 crossover makes it easy to hit anything between 215 and 240.

Driver - Ping G400 LST 8.5° (Mitsubishi CK Pro Orange 70 TX Tipped 1")
3 Wood - Ping G 14.5° (PX HZRDUS Black 75g 6.5 Tipped 1.5")
3 Crossover - Ping G400 17° (PX HZRDUS Black 85g 6.5 Tipped 0.5")
4-W - Ping i200 (PX 6.5)
Wedges - Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 50°/55°/60° (PX 6.5)
Putter - Directed Force
Ball - Snell MTB Black

5

#6 Redbird

Redbird

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,769 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2051
  • Joined: 06/28/2005
  • Location:The burbs of Chicago
GolfWRX Likes : 351

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:16 PM

Cobra utility with HZRDUS black.

6

#7 lefty88

lefty88

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 240357
  • Joined: 03/23/2013
  • Location:San Francisco
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 10 April 2017 - 03:59 PM

i had the T-MB 716 but just switched to the Callaway Apex UT. Both great clubs

7

#8 MichaelJScott

MichaelJScott

    SchruteFarms

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 448352
  • Joined: 12/07/2016
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:09 PM

Tmb 716 2 iron will never leave my bag

8

#9 Gh05t

Gh05t

    DONT DEAL WITH ME, CANT BE TRUSTED...GO DUCKS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431378
  • Joined: 07/03/2016
  • Location:Tucson
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:Chrisapodac-0
GolfWRX Likes : 257

Posted 10 April 2017 - 04:15 PM

I just picked up an Adams XTD DHY 19*, when you hit it pure feels amazing. will be playing on the course this week, excited to see how it does on tight fairways.

oh mine has the stock White Tie shaft stiff, seems like a good combo.
Gamers:                                                                                                         Backups:
Taylormade 17M2 10.5 UST Proforce V2 7F5                                              Callaway 816 DBD Diamana D+ 70X
Taylomade 17M2 3w Hzrdus Red 6.0                                                           Callaway 816 Alpha 14* Aldila Rogue 70s I/O
Ping Crossover 4 21* blue dot Tour Ad 95X                                                  Nike Covert Forged 4-AW DG S300        
Nike Vapor Fly Pro 5-PW DG X100                                                               Cobra Trusty Tour 52/60 King 56 DG S200
Cleveland RTX588 2.0 50/58 RTX3 54 DG wedgeflex                                  Nike Method Concept C1/Taylormade Ghost Tour Black Maranello
Odyssey Oworks 7s Red                                                                               Maxfli 4.0 Stand Bag(green/white.....Go Ducks!)            
Nike Air Sport III stand bag

9

#10 LanceEA

LanceEA

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99462
  • Joined: 11/30/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:25 PM

Taylormade UDI if you can find one or Srixon U65 - both classic and incredible clubs.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Adam Billmeyer

Adam Billmeyer

    Get on iyyt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450002
  • Joined: 12/28/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ (but Chicago @ heart)
  • Handicap:0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 10 April 2017 - 09:28 PM

I was too cheap to buy one so I turned my mp-64 3 iron into a driving iron. Put an X flex Paderson Kinettixx into it, bent it to 17.5* (from 21*) and added some lead tape.

Thing goes about 260 with low flight and gets good roll. Might be a good option for others out there.
-------------------------------------------------------
Taylormade M1 430 8.75* Speeder 661 Evolution 6.2X
Callaway Alpha 815 14* Speeder 665 X
17.5* MP-64 Iron w/Paderson LT X
Taylormade M1 18.25* Hybrid ('17) Aldila RIP Phenom 100 Tour X
Mizuno MP-64 4-PW Project X 6.5 - hardstep 1
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* & 56*
Bettinardi Queen B8/BB53/Inovai 3.0/Studio Stock 15/Black Carbon BC-3

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement

11

#12 BearQ

BearQ

    Break 2 Rebuild

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,632 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 238387
  • Joined: 03/16/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1638

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 10 April 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I was too cheap to buy one so I turned my mp-64 3 iron into a driving iron. Put an X flex Paderson Kinettixx into it, bent it to 17.5* (from 21*) and added some lead tape.

Thing goes about 260 with low flight and gets good roll. Might be a good option for others out there.

Works for you and that's awesome. I'm gonnna advise no one bends a long iron 3.5* strong with 2* bounce. Recipe for disaster for most.
Cobra LTD Pro  --  Tour AD TP 7TX
XR 3Deep  --  Tour AD TP 8X
Titleist 915FD 5W  -- Tour AD TP 8X
Bridgestone J15DF (3i)  Srixon Z945 (4-P)  --  Nippon SPB X
Nike VR Forged   (52-56)  --  Nippon SPB X
TM Spider Black

12

#13 J_Birdie

J_Birdie

    LOFT Issue

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 386108
  • Joined: 07/15/2015
GolfWRX Likes : 704

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:49 PM

My buddy let me use an Apex CF16 3i that I vent to 18* with a CTaper 130X and that thing is a mid flight no spin bullet shooter. Essentially useless in holding greens but rolls out to 240-260 depending on wind
What's in my bag:
Cobra King F8+ (9.5D/weight forward) w/ Aldila NV 2KXV 60X 45"
Cobra Fly-Z+ 3W w/ Aldila Tour Blue 75X  42.75"
Cobra King F6 Baffler 5W Aldila Tour Blue 85X 41.5"
Taylormade P790 UDI 2i HZRDUS Black 6.0 85g 1* Up 18* loft
Cobra Forged Tour 4-PW Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X 1* Up
Cleveland RTX3 2-Dot 50* & 54* (bent to 55*) Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
Callaway MD3 PM Grind 60* Nippon NS Pro Modus 120X
Odyssey O-Works 7S Black with Superstroke GT 2.0 Pistol Grip 35"

13

#14 Rosco1216

Rosco1216

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117052
  • Joined: 11/04/2010
  • Location:Oklahoma
  • Ebay ID:Rosco1216
GolfWRX Likes : 779

Posted 10 April 2017 - 11:06 PM

Strictly for driving iron performance from the tee, IMO, the cobra utility can't be beat. Only knock would be feel since its a cast hollow design but with a graphite shaft and a good strike it feels fine. Could be a little chunky for the "purist" and difficult to elevate off a tight lie but thats not what its for. I've hit them all except the srixon u45 and u65.
TM M3 440 8.8*  - Synergy Black Proto 70tx
TEE Exotics CB5 13* - Original Whiteboard 83x
Fourteen Type-7 20* - KBS Hybrid Prototype 105x
Miura Giken CB 1008 4-P - PX 7.0
(back up set)J15CB 4-P - Modus 120 TX(w/sensicore)
Bridgestone Tour B XW1 50/54/60 - X100
Piretti Matera 2

https://www.instagram.com/rc_nova

14

#15 Adam Billmeyer

Adam Billmeyer

    Get on iyyt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450002
  • Joined: 12/28/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ (but Chicago @ heart)
  • Handicap:0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 11 April 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostBearQ, on 10 April 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 10 April 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I was too cheap to buy one so I turned my mp-64 3 iron into a driving iron. Put an X flex Paderson Kinettixx into it, bent it to 17.5* (from 21*) and added some lead tape.

Thing goes about 260 with low flight and gets good roll. Might be a good option for others out there.

Works for you and that's awesome. I'm gonnna advise no one bends a long iron 3.5* strong with 2* bounce. Recipe for disaster for most.

Good call. I hadn't thought of that. I don't really plan to ever hit it off the turf. Strictly something to hit low in the wind off the tee....probably would have trouble with the bounce from the grass. Thanks for the tip.

-------------------------------------------------------
Taylormade M1 430 8.75* Speeder 661 Evolution 6.2X
Callaway Alpha 815 14* Speeder 665 X
17.5* MP-64 Iron w/Paderson LT X
Taylormade M1 18.25* Hybrid ('17) Aldila RIP Phenom 100 Tour X
Mizuno MP-64 4-PW Project X 6.5 - hardstep 1
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* & 56*
Bettinardi Queen B8/BB53/Inovai 3.0/Studio Stock 15/Black Carbon BC-3

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement

15

#16 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:lowS
GolfWRX Likes : 2778

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:12 PM

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 11 April 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 10 April 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 10 April 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I was too cheap to buy one so I turned my mp-64 3 iron into a driving iron. Put an X flex Paderson Kinettixx into it, bent it to 17.5* (from 21*) and added some lead tape.

Thing goes about 260 with low flight and gets good roll. Might be a good option for others out there.

Works for you and that's awesome. I'm gonnna advise no one bends a long iron 3.5* strong with 2* bounce. Recipe for disaster for most.

Good call. I hadn't thought of that. I don't really plan to ever hit it off the turf. Strictly something to hit low in the wind off the tee....probably would have trouble with the bounce from the grass. Thanks for the tip.

Negative bounce on long irons was rather common in older irons.  I have a near new Rsi TP set that has a 17* 2i with -1* bounce (stock).  Bending from 2* bounce, 3.5* strong means approximately -1* bounce.  I have four 2 irons all with 1* or 0* bounce, and a Mizuno Pro 15* 1 iron (set to 16.5*) with -1* bounce, and no problems off the fairway.  But hitting off the fairway depends on how stable a persons body and swing mechanics are.  For all intents and purposes, we're suppose sweep long irons.

Edited by Pepperturbo, 11 April 2017 - 12:14 PM.

Titleist 917D2 10.5, Project X6C12 Tour Issue
Titleist 917F2, 15*, Project X7C3 Tour Issue
Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, Project X 5.5
Titleist 716CB 3-9, Project X 6.0
Titleist 716CB PW, Project X 5.5
SM6 F-52*, Project X 5.5
SM6 M-58*, DGS200
SC California Monterey
ProV1x

16

#17 Adam Billmeyer

Adam Billmeyer

    Get on iyyt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450002
  • Joined: 12/28/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ (but Chicago @ heart)
  • Handicap:0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:10 PM

View PostPepperturbo, on 11 April 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 11 April 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 10 April 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 10 April 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I was too cheap to buy one so I turned my mp-64 3 iron into a driving iron. Put an X flex Paderson Kinettixx into it, bent it to 17.5* (from 21*) and added some lead tape.

Thing goes about 260 with low flight and gets good roll. Might be a good option for others out there.

Works for you and that's awesome. I'm gonnna advise no one bends a long iron 3.5* strong with 2* bounce. Recipe for disaster for most.

Good call. I hadn't thought of that. I don't really plan to ever hit it off the turf. Strictly something to hit low in the wind off the tee....probably would have trouble with the bounce from the grass. Thanks for the tip.

Negative bounce on long irons was rather common in older irons.  I have a near new Rsi TP set that has a 17* 2i with -1* bounce (stock).  Bending from 2* bounce, 3.5* strong means approximately -1* bounce.  I have four 2 irons all with 1* or 0* bounce, and a Mizuno Pro 15* 1 iron (set to 16.5*) with -1* bounce, and no problems off the fairway.  But hitting off the fairway depends on how stable a persons body and swing mechanics are.  For all intents and purposes, we're suppose sweep long irons.

Well I am learning a lot. As interesting and useful as all of it is, and it is, I just don't see me needing a club from 260 out that has to fly low. The big need was off the tee. Something that can be flighted low and still get some yards. Not good enough to flight my hybrid lower than the natural trajectory with any consistency. Thanks for all the details. I am a golf nerd at heart so I find it very interesting!
-------------------------------------------------------
Taylormade M1 430 8.75* Speeder 661 Evolution 6.2X
Callaway Alpha 815 14* Speeder 665 X
17.5* MP-64 Iron w/Paderson LT X
Taylormade M1 18.25* Hybrid ('17) Aldila RIP Phenom 100 Tour X
Mizuno MP-64 4-PW Project X 6.5 - hardstep 1
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* & 56*
Bettinardi Queen B8/BB53/Inovai 3.0/Studio Stock 15/Black Carbon BC-3

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement

17

#18 orangeology

orangeology

    Category II Hoarder

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 417 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 115586
  • Joined: 09/29/2010
  • Location:NY NJ
  • Handicap:16.3
  • Ebay ID:ff6600
GolfWRX Likes : 267

Posted 11 April 2017 - 01:12 PM

tried only a few. hands down to Callie Apex UT.
• Callie XR16 Pro 9º T.I + Fujikura Six Tour Spec X
• TM V Steel T/S 13.5º TI + Accra Tour Z ST 65 M4
• RC BBD505V 18º Hybrid + DG X100 TI
• Callie Apex UT 21º T.I + Paderson Kinetixx IMRT S
• Callie '09 X-Forged L 5-8 Project X 6.0
• Scratch 8620 47º, 50º, 56º
Vega VW-10 60º
• Edel 642 Tour 350g
• Callie Chrome Soft Truvis // Titieist ProV1X

18

#19 JohnKHawk

JohnKHawk

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 610 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293091
  • Joined: 01/22/2014
  • Location:Pa.
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 263

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:50 PM

Tried several kinds & the one that stands out to me was the Srixon U65.

19

#20 The General

The General

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,490 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12372
  • Joined: 02/21/2006
  • Location:Nashville, TN
  • Handicap:2
GolfWRX Likes : 533

Posted 11 April 2017 - 03:52 PM

The Cobra king utility is amazing. I have mine set on 18* and have a VTS tour spx in it. It's a really solid clubs. It kicked my 5w out of the bag.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 chisag

chisag

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,638 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1163
  • Joined: 05/27/2005
  • Location:Chicago Suburbs
  • Handicap:+0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 1188

Posted 11 April 2017 - 06:04 PM

... Another vote for the King Utility. After playing a Dhy, UDi, U45, Tungsten CB and Tour V4 which all had strengths and weakness's for me, the King Utility is my go to club from the tee or the fairway. Mine is shafted with an aftermarket Rogue Black Hy and it isn't going anywhere.
Cobra F8 ... Even Flow Blue 65s
Cobra F8 15* ... Even Flow Blue 75s
Cobra F6 Baffler stock shaft
Exotics CBX Iron Wood 17* ... HZRDUS Black 85hy
4-pw TaylorMade P790 Recoil Prototype 95's
SM6 52* F Grind /SM7 D Grind 58* ... Recoil 110s
Scotty Cameron Newport 2.5 Select  33"

21

#22 Pepperturbo

Pepperturbo

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,138 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14656
  • Joined: 05/09/2006
  • Location:Midwest and Southwest
  • Handicap:lowS
GolfWRX Likes : 2778

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:27 PM

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 11 April 2017 - 01:10 PM, said:

View PostPepperturbo, on 11 April 2017 - 12:12 PM, said:

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 11 April 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

View PostBearQ, on 10 April 2017 - 10:35 PM, said:

View PostAdam Billmeyer, on 10 April 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

I was too cheap to buy one so I turned my mp-64 3 iron into a driving iron. Put an X flex Paderson Kinettixx into it, bent it to 17.5* (from 21*) and added some lead tape.

Thing goes about 260 with low flight and gets good roll. Might be a good option for others out there.

Works for you and that's awesome. I'm gonnna advise no one bends a long iron 3.5* strong with 2* bounce. Recipe for disaster for most.

Good call. I hadn't thought of that. I don't really plan to ever hit it off the turf. Strictly something to hit low in the wind off the tee....probably would have trouble with the bounce from the grass. Thanks for the tip.

Negative bounce on long irons was rather common in older irons.  I have a near new Rsi TP set that has a 17* 2i with -1* bounce (stock).  Bending from 2* bounce, 3.5* strong means approximately -1* bounce.  I have four 2 irons all with 1* or 0* bounce, and a Mizuno Pro 15* 1 iron (set to 16.5*) with -1* bounce, and no problems off the fairway.  But hitting off the fairway depends on how stable a persons body and swing mechanics are.  For all intents and purposes, we're suppose sweep long irons.

Well I am learning a lot. As interesting and useful as all of it is, and it is, I just don't see me needing a club from 260 out that has to fly low. The big need was off the tee. Something that can be flighted low and still get some yards. Not good enough to flight my hybrid lower than the natural trajectory with any consistency. Thanks for all the details. I am a golf nerd at heart so I find it very interesting!

Last weekend after my Par 5 drive, I found myself 5yds in 3" of rough on the right, under and behind a tree with very low branches.  Putting 2i slightly back in my stance, I was able to fade and advance the ball to 8i leave.  I could never make that shot with a hybrid, as they can't keep the ball low enough, much less apply fade spin with half a hard swing and create run out.  It also saves me on long par 4's or 5's into good winds, or down wind where I only need to reach within 20yds of front pin, when 3wd might past the pin with a 80' putt.  Playing a 470yd Par 4, playing like 500+, I hit driver then 2 iron to the front edge of the green, wedge to 1' saved par.  Course, I am much older, and need that help....  I understand your plan.  To each of us our own game. good luck :beach:
Titleist 917D2 10.5, Project X6C12 Tour Issue
Titleist 917F2, 15*, Project X7C3 Tour Issue
Titleist 716T-MB 17* 2 iron, Project X 5.5
Titleist 716CB 3-9, Project X 6.0
Titleist 716CB PW, Project X 5.5
SM6 F-52*, Project X 5.5
SM6 M-58*, DGS200
SC California Monterey
ProV1x

22

#23 Adam Billmeyer

Adam Billmeyer

    Get on iyyt

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 450002
  • Joined: 12/28/2016
  • Location:Phoenix, AZ (but Chicago @ heart)
  • Handicap:0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 12 April 2017 - 02:40 PM

Good thoughts here, thanks. The par 5 rough example I flight a 4 iron low under the trees. I couldnt agree more with the need for it off the tee into winds and long par 3s. I don't play enough 470+ par 4s that are into a wind strong enough to warrant a driver and a 4 iron. That combo typically gets me about 510-525 yards without wind. If it's that windy I just don't play in it. �
-------------------------------------------------------
Taylormade M1 430 8.75* Speeder 661 Evolution 6.2X
Callaway Alpha 815 14* Speeder 665 X
17.5* MP-64 Iron w/Paderson LT X
Taylormade M1 18.25* Hybrid ('17) Aldila RIP Phenom 100 Tour X
Mizuno MP-64 4-PW Project X 6.5 - hardstep 1
Taylormade Tour Preferred 52* & 56*
Bettinardi Queen B8/BB53/Inovai 3.0/Studio Stock 15/Black Carbon BC-3

Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement

23

#24 rboeckel

rboeckel

    Member

  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456346
  • Joined: 02/23/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:45 PM

TMB hands down

24

#25 creecool

creecool

    creecool

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,804 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 10948
  • Joined: 02/01/2006
  • Location:GAINESVILLE VA
  • Ebay ID:creecool
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 12 April 2017 - 05:50 PM

Apex UT with recoil 110 is in my bag, especially on windy days or tight courses.

CALLAWAY GBB EPIC SUBZERO 9* OBAN KIYOSHI PURPLE

07 BURNER TP 17.5* MATRIX CODE 8
ADAMS PRO GOLD 3H TOUR ISSUE NV 85
COBRA KING FORGED 5-GW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3  FORDED 56* RAW KBS TOUR V
CALLAWAY MD3 FORDED 60* RAW KBS TOUR V
TOULON MILLED COLUMBUS CAMERON BLACK MATADOR MID
TAYLORMADE TP5X
CALLAWAY APEX UT 21* RECOIL 110 DEPENDING ON CONDITIONS

25

#26 STPBMW

STPBMW

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 451532
  • Joined: 01/13/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 255

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:25 PM

Does anybody use multiple driving irons? Similar to how one would put together a combo set...

26

#27 downsandups

downsandups

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 436522
  • Joined: 08/13/2016
  • Location:Wilmette, IL
  • Handicap:3
  • Ebay ID:addison.downs
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:41 PM

I really like the titliest mb 3 iron, borrowed it for a bit during the fall, loved it.

27

#28 Downtown_Brown_41

Downtown_Brown_41

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 344 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 400330
  • Joined: 10/21/2015
  • Location:Alabama
  • Handicap:5.5
GolfWRX Likes : 105

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:55 PM

mp-32 3iron bent to 18°
M3 8.5* GD IZ6
M3 15* GD IZ8
P790 3i Modus 105
VR Pro 4-P X100
MG 52° S400
Hi Toe 58° S400
Piretti Cortino 36"
TP5

28

#29 breakfree40

breakfree40

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 502 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 136037
  • Joined: 08/11/2011
  • Location:Cary, NC
  • Handicap:8
  • Ebay ID:breakfree40
GolfWRX Likes : 148

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:42 PM

View PostSTPBMW, on 12 April 2017 - 06:25 PM, said:

Does anybody use multiple driving irons? Similar to how one would put together a combo set...

I keep trying new driving irons, only to come back to my fav - the best feeling and most forgiving low launcher I have found: Yonex Z01.  I have a 18* with a matrix program 95 6.5 and I'm building a 21* with the same shaft.  The 18* goes a little long after roll out and often knocks on the door of where my three wood lands so I'm really looking to swap the 18* out for the 21* - but I might consider playing both.
2018:
Ping G400 LST 8.5; 45" Fujikura Platinum 6x
15* Adams Tight Lies Ti; 43" Aldila Tour Blue VooDoo (tour only) 7x
Edel SLS-01 3-SW; +1/2" 2* up
60* Vokey TVD K-grind
Bettinardi Something Fishy Prototype BB0; Registry #RJB2821; 2* loft; 71* lie

29

#30 braveheart

braveheart

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 862
  • Joined: 05/25/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:52 PM

Tour Edge Exotics cbpro h has a nice feel. 21 degree is a keeper.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors