Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Shoes - what do you like to wear.

337 replies to this topic

Poll: Favorite brand of shoes and color (1191 member(s) have cast votes)

Whats your favorite brand of shoe and color

1. FootJoys solid color (237 votes [19.90%])

Percentage of vote: 19.90%

2. Footjoys saddle (233 votes [19.56%])

Percentage of vote: 19.56%

3. Nike solid color (157 votes [13.18%])

Percentage of vote: 13.18%

4. Nike saddle (35 votes [2.94%])

Percentage of vote: 2.94%

5. Adidas solid color (172 votes [14.44%])

Percentage of vote: 14.44%

6. Adidas saddle (86 votes [7.22%])

Percentage of vote: 7.22%

7. Callaway solid color (12 votes [1.01%])

Percentage of vote: 1.01%

8. Callaway saddle (11 votes [0.92%])

Percentage of vote: 0.92%

9. Other (248 votes [20.82%])

Percentage of vote: 20.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Cameron Circle T

Cameron Circle T

The Doc

• Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9050

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:18 PM

Hey all,

just wondering what brand, style, colors, you like to wear in shoes and what considerations you take when deciding on what shoes to buy and wear.  Curious to see whether others take into account solely comfort or whether style is a factor or color etc.  Also how many pairs of shoes ppl keep in rotation and whether you take into account what your wearing when deciding which pair to wear etc.

I guess I'll get us started off and say that i cant really stand saddle shoes where the shoes base color is white.  My preference is all white, all black, or all brown but will wear black with brown saddle shoes sometimes.  When buying my shoes I guess I don't really take much into account other than style anymore b/c I found a style and brand that I find comfortable and I just keep buying the same series in different colors.  My personal preference is the FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere.  I usually keep btwn 3 and 5 pairs of shoes in rotation at any time.  I usually like to have a couple pairs of black, couple pairs of brown and maybe 1 or 2 pairs of white.  I decide which color I'm gonna wear based on the shirt and pants I'm going to be wearing that day etc.  Usually try to match the belt to the shoes as well and contrast from the shirt including the white shoes.  

Ok, let's hear your opinions now fellas, im sure most dont spend as much time as I do considering what shoes to wear each day but you know, just gotta look good. lol  Lets here brand, style, color etc

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 fish

fish

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 957
  • Ebay ID:erice97699
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:44 PM

I have a bunch of different shoes and contiune to add them....

Check this ling out...

http://www.golfwrx.c...ic=9414&hl=shoe

#3 dan360

dan360

not a jacked loft

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8694
GolfWRX Likes : 6042

Posted 02 January 2006 - 07:57 PM

2 pairs.

Old Reeboks--yea like from 1998.  They're comfy & don't leak.  Black w/ brown saddles.   Usually wear these in the slop.

Ecco--bought these last year, all black.  VERY comfortable.
As of 01AUG2017

Mizuno JPX-800 9°
TaylorMade R7TPST 15°

Mizuno MP-H5 Hitogami 1 iron
Mizuno MP-33 3-P custom single length

Mizuno MP-T11 54/60
PING Anser 2 'pat pending' stainless 35"
Callaway Chrome Soft Truvis
PING Hoofer green

#4 SCameron009

SCameron009

~WRX~!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6118
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

I LOVE all White Shoes, so this year I picked up a pair of Adidas Tour Metals, they are a great looking shoe. Although when I am walking a lot (like 27 holes or more) I make sure to wear my Black Gel Fusions. I have two pairs of Classics Dry Premieres, but they are a b!tch if you are walking more than eighteen holes, anyone who has owned a pair knows what I'm talking about. The new Classic tours look pretty good, it seems as though they are making a more comfortable walking shoe with the same stunning look as the Classics Dry Premieres.

It's really all about the look, I didn't begin to start caring about my shoes until last year, as prior to that I only had one pair of shoes, and that was it. But now with the white shoes, they go with everything, especially with colored slacks. I have always thought that Saddles (especially Brown/White) look great with shorts, so I have a pair of Adidas Tour Solids from a couple years back kickin' around for days that I wear white or pastel shorts.

I currently have 5 pair of golf shoes, some that I may have to retire. I want to get another pair of Black Tour Metals, and then keep the Brown/White Adidas Tour Solids.

Cheers, Bryan

#5 Cameron Circle T

Cameron Circle T

The Doc

• Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:25 PM

Yeah classics dry premieres are a bit heavier than many of the shoes out there, I would agree that when you first start wearing them your legs will get tired after more than 18 holes of walking but I'd say you get pretty used to them. I haven't had a problem in a long time after wearing them for so long I've gotten used to them.  I'd have to say I dont think anyone makes anything anywhere close to the style of these shoes except maybe the new adidas tour metals but I'd say those still look a little pedestrian compared to the bicycle toe and split toe (seam on the toe) classics that i have and have had.  If they werent expensive id probly have like 10 pairs of em, all the colors of the split toe, bicycle toe, solid regular shoes, and the ones that have the seam going up the toe and then around the front of the foot.  Dont often wear bright shorts bc my shirts are usually verryy verry bright pinks and oranges and greens so i tend to wear a lot of black shorts sometimes yellow shorts. still workin on the pink pants, so i find solid white brown and black go well with almost everything

#6 GRT

GRT

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 5683
  • Ebay ID:grtour
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:30 PM

In my closet:

3 pairs FOOTJOY CLASSIC PREMIERES - 2 saddles, 1 all black   :)

3 pairs ECCO - 2 saddles, 1 all black   :cheesy:

The Eccos are for crappy weather, early morning due, early and late season rounds.  The JOYS only come out for dry pristine weather conditions.  :stop:  :wave:

#7 SCameron009

SCameron009

~WRX~!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,578 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6118
GolfWRX Likes : 17

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:46 PM

View PostCameron Circle T, on Jan 2 2006, 08:25 PM, said:

Yeah classics dry premieres are a bit heavier than many of the shoes out there, I would agree that when you first start wearing them your legs will get tired after more than 18 holes of walking but I'd say you get pretty used to them. I haven't had a problem in a long time after wearing them for so long I've gotten used to them.  I'd have to say I dont think anyone makes anything anywhere close to the style of these shoes except maybe the new adidas tour metals but I'd say those still look a little pedestrian compared to the bicycle toe and split toe (seam on the toe) classics that i have and have had.  If they werent expensive id probly have like 10 pairs of em, all the colors of the split toe, bicycle toe, solid regular shoes, and the ones that have the seam going up the toe and then around the front of the foot.  Dont often wear bright shorts bc my shirts are usually verryy verry bright pinks and oranges and greens so i tend to wear a lot of black shorts sometimes yellow shorts. still workin on the pink pants, so i find solid white brown and black go well with almost everything

If you have a Polo Outlet store near you...check in the early Spring, like in the Middle of April, that's when you hit the Light Pink Pants and other great colors. And if you hit it right, you can get them for dirt cheap (they have Light Yellow, Baby Blue, White, Light Pink, Light Green, and Lavender from what I can remember). And best of all, they are the soft material!

- Bryan

#8 Cameron Circle T

Cameron Circle T

The Doc

• Junior Mod Squad
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

Polo definately has some bright color stuff, thats where i get all my shirts. i like the custom fit polo bc the sleeves are very short and you can get the shirts to fit very tightly.  I like their pants but theyre a lil baggy. im trying to see if i can get lindeberg in pink or fuschia or sligo golf pants.  have to get a few subdued shirts to go with the pants.

#9 JHR

JHR

Major Winner

• Marshals
  • 3,762 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1089

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:04 PM

There was not a spot to vote all of the above.

I have so many shoes that i can't even count them all. i have different pair with different colors to wear with different outfits.

#10 USNHack

USNHack

Advanced

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4478

Posted 02 January 2006 - 11:12 PM

I'm pretty darn basic in that I like black shoes and comfort is the biggest player. I have two pair of Nike SP6 Tours, they are the most comfortable I've found to date. I'm going to give the Addidas 360 a look hear in the next few weeks, heard a lot of good things about them :)

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 animalistic

animalistic

7th Hole Ballybunion !!

• Jr. Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,135 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9000

Posted 03 January 2006 - 01:58 PM

the only thing thta matters in a shoe is style!!got all white nikes,savage. id kill for a pink or light blue pair!!!!!!

#12 TML

TML

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,760 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8692
GolfWRX Likes : 102

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:04 PM

I really like the Adidas Tour 360s.......although I'm about a half size wide, I took a normal size and letting it stretch slightly.  These shoes are comfy and really supportive for the swing.  I care less about colors, as long as they are not all one color.....I like a slight splash against a background of white or dark brown.

#13 alk3

alk3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1212
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 03 January 2006 - 03:15 PM

hitec cdt customs.  :)  :cheesy:

#14 TigerStrong

TigerStrong

Ack...Ack...Go Mr. McIver

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6928
GolfWRX Likes : 311

Posted 06 January 2006 - 01:13 PM

Only one shoe to go with, no maybe two. White shoes white belt.
Nike VR Limited 10.5 BlueBoard 83x
                Nike VR Limited 15* BlueBoard 83x
                Adams Pro 21* Fubuki AX 82x
                Adams XTD Forged 4-Pw DG
                Titleist Vokey 50* 55* 60* TI DG
                Scotty Cameron 009 33 Inch

#15 jleffell

jleffell

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 106695

Posted 06 January 2006 - 02:48 PM

Is there anywhere that to find the ckassic dry premiers for less than $230?

I really like the white pebble grain but cannot justify spending that much on a pair of shoes

Josh

#16 GolfSLO

GolfSLO

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98956

Posted 06 January 2006 - 09:54 PM

I've played golf for 30 years and just bought my first pair of golf shoes this year - Footjoys. I pretty much shot the same score barefoot and in sandles that I do now in my new shoes. They're kinda nice to have in the rain and morning dew, but once the sun comes out, I don't think they really make that much of a difference. My favorite golf shoes are my Keen river sandles.

#17 TourPro21

TourPro21

PGA Apprentice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 343
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 07 January 2006 - 10:38 PM

classics... and only footjoy classics... but definitely not the new "tour classics" or whatever they are called i have two pair of those and was very disappointed in the lack of quality... those shoes are terrible! i have a shoe fetish and have prolly a dozen pairs of classics in all kinds of different colors/styles... However, if i had to buy golf shoes i wouldn't buy any at all... golf shoes only help if its wet out, and i don't play golf unless its 70 and sunny with no wind or rain, so if i had to buy golf shoes they would be a pair of Nike Shox Running Shoes! haha

#18 jnl

jnl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 6263

Posted 08 January 2006 - 08:00 AM

1. Ecco World Class (All White & Wingtip GTX)
2. Nebuloni (Pebble Beach B&W)
3. Footjoy Classic Dry (All White)

- my vote will go to "other" as Ecco's World Class in reality is world class!! Same price level as the other, but a very very comfortable and still a classic cool looking shoe.

By the way: do look forward to get a pair of the Lindeberg/Puma shoes - anyone tried them yet??

#19 Golfwolf

Golfwolf

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,545 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2884
  • Handicap:13.7
  • Ebay ID:lonewolf8074
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 08 January 2006 - 12:08 PM

Most of the time I use Footjoy PROs, looking for something new this coming season. Always one solid color BLACK!

Edited by Golfwolf, 08 January 2006 - 12:09 PM.

Callaway Big Bertha 10.5
TM SLDR TS / TM SLDR 3HL
Callaway X Hot 25 hybrid
Titleist AP1 714 5-W1 XP95 S300
Cleveland 588 RTX CB 54/58
Odyssey Tank Cruiser #7

#20 parkinni

parkinni

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3120
  • Ebay ID:parkinni

Posted 08 January 2006 - 02:01 PM

Used to live a mile or so from the Nike campus in Portland (OR), and had a girlfriend who worked there, so got good deals on their golf shoes for a time.

Moved across country to SC, and I'm on my second pair of Bite shoes now. Lightest and most comfortable things I've ever had on my feet! I've worn my Bite Groove shoes (black w/grey trim) so much that the lining inside the back of the heel has started to wear through, and I got my first ever pair of heel blisters while walking 18 last week (ouch! x2). Would love to buy another pair of Bites, but nothing appeals to me in their current range.

Might take a look at the Hi-Tec CDT. I'm from the UK, and know they've always made affordable, quality footwear.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 Gooze

Gooze

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 117 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4445

Posted 09 January 2006 - 09:31 AM

View PostCameron Circle T, on Jan 3 2006, 01:18 AM, said:

Hey all,

just wondering what brand, style, colors, you like to wear in shoes and what considerations you take when deciding on what shoes to buy and wear.  Curious to see whether others take into account solely comfort or whether style is a factor or color etc.  Also how many pairs of shoes ppl keep in rotation and whether you take into account what your wearing when deciding which pair to wear etc.

I guess I'll get us started off and say that i cant really stand saddle shoes where the shoes base color is white.  My preference is all white, all black, or all brown but will wear black with brown saddle shoes sometimes.  When buying my shoes I guess I don't really take much into account other than style anymore b/c I found a style and brand that I find comfortable and I just keep buying the same series in different colors.  My personal preference is the FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere.  I usually keep btwn 3 and 5 pairs of shoes in rotation at any time.  I usually like to have a couple pairs of black, couple pairs of brown and maybe 1 or 2 pairs of white.  I decide which color I'm gonna wear based on the shirt and pants I'm going to be wearing that day etc.  Usually try to match the belt to the shoes as well and contrast from the shirt including the white shoes.  

Ok, let's hear your opinions now fellas, im sure most dont spend as much time as I do considering what shoes to wear each day but you know, just gotta look good. lol  Lets here brand, style, color etc

I always like to go for those waterproof models, as the weather is not so stable round here.

I liked the old DryJoys GX, GelFusions were good, too

I got the DryJoys P.R.O. for the last season. Great pair of shoes!! I used to destroy my shoes within one season until I recently got Laser-Fit by Foot-Joy. Turned out I just wore the wrong size and width, the new ones really last!

Style: one pair in black one in white!

Everybody should have one all-white pair of golfshoes, it's a must, isn't it...  :birthday:  :birthday:  :)

....and YES I do spend some time considering which shoes to wear. With those pants I like to wear on the course I have to be careful....  :D

#22 birdieboy52

birdieboy52

Tour Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1936
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:12 PM

View PostCameron Circle T, on Jan 2 2006, 06:18 PM, said:

Hey all,

.  My personal preference is the FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere.  

I have narrow feet, "C" with a "AA" heel.  THe FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere/Classsic is the only shoe that  Ican wear.  All others fall off of my foot.

#23 TourPro21

TourPro21

PGA Apprentice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  

Posted 10 January 2006 - 04:56 PM

View Postbirdieboy52, on Jan 9 2006, 11:12 AM, said:

Hey all,

I have narrow feet, "C" with a "AA" heel.  THe FootJoy Classics Dry Premiere/Classsic is the only shoe that  Ican wear.  All others fall off of my foot.

Ha! I'm the exact opposite... I wear 14D or 14E... hard to find gym shoes let alone golf shoes... that's why you gotta wear the classics!

#24 slicer365

slicer365

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,681 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8735
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 10 January 2006 - 05:39 PM

http://www.sportsaut...rentPage=family

http://www.sportsaut...rentPage=family

They have the Adidas Seekers in all black, I've got those.

#25 birdieboy52

birdieboy52

Tour Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 558 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1936
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:45 AM

View PostTourPro21, on Jan 10 2006, 03:56 PM, said:

View Postbirdieboy52, on Jan 9 2006, 11:12 AM, said:

Hey all,

Ha! I'm the exact opposite... I wear 14D or 14E... hard to find gym shoes let alone golf shoes... that's why you gotta wear the classics!

So do you wear New Balance gym shoes?

#26 abewley

abewley

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 876
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:44 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

10.5 wide..

the most comfortable shoes ever, and i have a pair of eccos. so that shows the comfort.

#27 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Handicap:0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 3637

Posted 11 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

my current favorites...

Classics Tour#51894
Posted Image

Torsion Euro
Posted Image

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#28 TourPro21

TourPro21

PGA Apprentice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  

Posted 11 January 2006 - 11:36 PM

View Posteasyyy, on Jan 11 2006, 09:55 PM, said:

my current favorites...

Classics Tour#51894
Posted Image

easyyy... don't tell me you like the classics tour man... how? don't they feel cheap to you? to me the leather doesn't feel like real genuine leather... plus the soles! i think that the molded soles are tarnishing the "classics" name... they should just be called FJ Tours... plain and simple... I got two pair of those from my rep last season one brown and one black of ones similar to the shoe you posted and only wore them once, i told my rep at the end of this past season that i'd rather have shop shoes... my rants over... why do you like them???

#29 easyyy

easyyy

Founder & Still a Ho

• Rules Official
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1
  • Handicap:0.9
GolfWRX Likes : 3637

Posted 12 January 2006 - 12:24 AM

I am trying to enjoy a bit of denial about the points you made. I have to agree with you. They feel half the weight as the orig classics. I felt the same way you do last year when they launched. However I have used them a little while now and they are growing on me. The syle of the spliit toe and piping on the toe reminds me of allen edmonds shoes. Classic design. Makes up for tsome of your points in my eyes.

The new Adidas euro I like also. That all black euro is a sweet shoe.

in WRX we TRUST
richard@golfwrx.com

#30 TourPro21

TourPro21

PGA Apprentice

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  

Posted 12 January 2006 - 01:21 PM

i know exactly what your talking about, the shoes have lost some quality, but have gained "style" points... i totally agree with you on that there are many more models/styles to choose from... i remember when the only classics you could buy were saddles or wing-tips... The wing-tips were the greatest classics ever made i have white-on-white, black-on-white, and brown-on-white classics and they are the coolest shoes! i wish they would come back out with the original wing tips... those euros look pretty cool too... i'd prolly wear them... do they come in other colors? i'd be interested in seeing how the brown/white versions look as well

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors