Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Charleston Green: New Apparel Brand

359 replies to this topic

#61 jacot23

jacot23

Major Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416344
  • Ebay ID:jacot23
GolfWRX Likes : 952

Posted 04 April 2017 - 03:19 PM

So I did a quick wash and dry of the new shirt this morning, it had an odor that I was not a fan of.  This shirt is excellent! Out in the wild the "chest hair" is not really noticeable, at least not like it is under the bright lights of the bathroom mirror; hooray :D. Yes I am a tad overweight, but an XL fits just right with just the right arm length and just the right tail length to stay tucked in. I will be ordering more colors. Finally, a quality shirt that I don't have to wait to buy on clearance somewhere.

Wore it playing 9 holes on my "lunch" break and must say it's fantastic. No trouble coming un-tucked.

Mizuno JPX-900 Driver Graphite Design Nano Reloaded S flex 44.75"
Callaway X2Hot 17* fairway
Adams Tight Lies 3&4 hybrid
Cobra King F7 irons 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50*& 56*(raw) wedges
34" Machine M2 Converter Aluminum Bronze w/center shaft hosel,
Steelfiber i110 S flex tipped 2.5",
Winn mid size pistol grip.

WITB

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#62 Shankapod

Shankapod

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438438
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:34 PM

View Postb.helts, on 04 April 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

By all accounts, the polos are long. Is the outerwear also long? I bought two polos on amazon and I think I'm going to get the 1/4 zip sweater too from the website but only if it's pretty long.

I'd like to know a little insight on the 1/4 zip as well. Was looking at grabbing a "lighthouse" pull over but am not sure if I should size down, or order my "usual" size?

#63 clemsoncowboys

clemsoncowboys

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 116374
  • Handicap:9
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 05 April 2017 - 08:37 AM

View PostCharleston Green Apparel, on 30 March 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

Hey guys! You guys know me as Chilidog on here, but I wanted to let you know that I started a new apparel line with some partners that I think everyone has been asking and clamoring for over the years. As most of you know, I've called on the apparel market for years in every major category including golf. One of my major frustrations was hearing "that adds $.15 and we can't afford that."  Seriously? Adding something for $.15 like a silicone waistband you can't afford when you are selling the garment for $80? It was a similar refrain, day in and day out. And sadly no Brand seemed to be immune. It didn't matter what the garment was selling for and what the customer wanted, it was simply about building a garment to a price and making as much profit as possible.

That's when we said enough. My partners and I decided it was time to build garments that we wanted to wear with all the features we wanted in a garment for a price that made sense for everyone. With that, Charleston Green was born. We decided to start with polos that looked refined enough to wear in a Boardroom or on the golf course. We focused on a collar that looked the same every time that you took it out of the dryer (anti-curl) and making a polo that always had the best wicking performance combined with no iron dependability. Finally, we wanted something that stretched with our every movement and carried enough weight in the fabric that you never had to worry about the "chest hair" effect.

Our perfect polo was almost born. There was just one thing missing...we all believe in leaving the Earth in better shape than what we found it. So, we made everyone of our polos out of recycled water bottles. What's cool is that recycled polyester feels no different from regular polyester but you know you've done something good for the environment.

We felt good about what we accomplished. We made a $100 polo that we've developed for many high end Brands. But, that raised our last decision before hitting the market: what were we going to sell them for? We decided $29.99 was a price most everyone could afford and which would bring the world of luxury polos to the masses. Tell us what you think. Go to the Golfwrx sponsored giveaway that is currently going on for you chance to win one and tell everyone what you think: http://www.golfwrx.c...ts-10-winners/.

If you don't win or want to definitely try one yourself, go here to order yours: https://www.amazon.c... n5L&ref=plSrch

My advice, if you like a slimmer cut, order one size down from your normal size. If you want ultra slim, order 2 sizes down. If you want a classic full cut, order your normal size.

Thanks guys and hit them straight in style!
I'm excited to take a look!

View Postjacot23, on 04 April 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

So I did a quick wash and dry of the new shirt this morning, it had an odor that I was not a fan of.  This shirt is excellent! Out in the wild the "chest hair" is not really noticeable, at least not like it is under the bright lights of the bathroom mirror; hooray :D. Yes I am a tad overweight, but an XL fits just right with just the right arm length and just the right tail length to stay tucked in. I will be ordering more colors. Finally, a quality shirt that I don't have to wait to buy on clearance somewhere.

Wore it playing 9 holes on my "lunch" break and must say it's fantastic. No trouble coming un-tucked.

That is funny!!

View PostCharleston Green Apparel, on 31 March 2017 - 06:46 AM, said:

Thanks guys for the comments on the shirts. We actually did a lot of research on this topic visiting 5 golf clubs in the area (2 top end, 3 public) and polling golfers. We also did a survey with a company in downtown Charleston. We fell on the side of measurements but the OVERWHELMING response was that people rarely looked at measurements online because they didn't know their measurements. The majority of people said that if I normally buy L and like a looser fit, what should I buy from you. Just tell me. So, we took all that feedback and developed our story.

Also, regarding the fuller cut. We did about 4 months in Beta giving away roughly 50 shirts around the area and soliciting feedback. Here is what we found out:

1) Virtually everyone said this was in the luxury polo category as it was something they would feel comfortable in for business meetings.
2) The shirt quality, feel and design reminded them most of Peter Millar.
3) They would consider this shirt more for people 30 and up. The sleeve is not mid bicep but doesn't come close to the elbow either.
4) Again, overwhelmingly, we heard don't make this slim fit where most guys can't wear it. The 2 guys that wanted a slimmer fit, we sent them a shirt one size down and we got "nailed it" type of comments back. One guy wanted super trim (he worked out a lot and wanted to show it off ��) and we sent him one 2 sizes down that he loves (actually owns every color now) and wears to the office almost every day.

We knew with all things that we wouldn't appeal to everyone. And honestly, we aren't trying to. Our customer is someone who wants a high end polo with all the bells and whistles but wants to buy it at an affordable price. We don't think you'll find a better polo on the market even at higher price points.
Good work!

#64 Charleston Green Apparel

Charleston Green Apparel

• Sponsors
  • 177 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 460380
GolfWRX Likes : 110

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:43 PM

View Postjacot23, on 04 April 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

Just a note that I've shared often on here. I always wash all of my synthetics together and with a quarter cup of vinegar along with your detergent. Say bye to any odors that may form on your synthetic clothing.

View Postb.helts, on 04 April 2017 - 10:18 AM, said:

By all accounts, the polos are long. Is the outerwear also long? I bought two polos on amazon and I think I'm going to get the 1/4 zip sweater too from the website but only if it's pretty long.

The quarter zip is only a touch long. Not as long as the polos for sure.

#65 jacot23

jacot23

Major Winner

• 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416344
  • Ebay ID:jacot23
GolfWRX Likes : 952

Posted 05 April 2017 - 02:46 PM

View PostCharleston Green Apparel, on 05 April 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Just a note that I've shared often on here. I always wash all of my synthetics together and with a quarter cup of vinegar along with your detergent. Say bye to any odors that may form on your synthetic clothing.

Thanks for the tip. I started washing that stuff together a while back and don't use dryer sheets.

Mizuno JPX-900 Driver Graphite Design Nano Reloaded S flex 44.75"
Callaway X2Hot 17* fairway
Adams Tight Lies 3&4 hybrid
Cobra King F7 irons 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50*& 56*(raw) wedges
34" Machine M2 Converter Aluminum Bronze w/center shaft hosel,
Steelfiber i110 S flex tipped 2.5",
Winn mid size pistol grip.

WITB

#66 Augster

Augster

Mr. Fairway

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30291
GolfWRX Likes : 1221

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:13 AM

View PostCharleston Green Apparel, on 04 April 2017 - 08:18 AM, said:

View Postb.helts, on 03 April 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

I am 6'5" and typically have to find shirts in xl-t or l-t

Are your shirts long enough for us tall dudes?

We tried to make the length of the shirt long enough for anyone. You shouldn't have any problems.

I'm 6'5"/250.

The shirt I got is plenty long. I usually wear XXL in everything, but I'm sure an XL in the CG would fit better.  And would likely be long enough.

But no problem with length whatsoever.

I'm going to wear it tomorrow around the house watching the Masters and eating pimento cheese sandwiches.

#67 Anser

Anser

Major Winner

• 1,629 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28177
  • Ebay ID:ADX
GolfWRX Likes : 1100

Posted 06 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

Ordered one in lime - love the fact you're on amazon and it's prime

HUGE reason to buy for me

I live in Indy 10 miles from two HUGE amazon warehouses so hoping it gets here for Masters Sunday :)
TM M2 9.5 - Fuji Xclr8
TM Sldr mini 14 tp
Cobra baffler - atx tour blue
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
Srixon Z545 6-AW (KBS Tour)
Callaway MD 2 54-58
Lajosi DD201WB

#68 dixiethunder

dixiethunder

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 68802
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 06 April 2017 - 09:17 AM

I agree, wanted to support a fellow WRXr and being able to order through Amazon was just icing on the cake. Have 2 coming, don't think they will be here in time for the Masters this weekend but look forward to reviewing them next week. Best of luck with the venture!
Cobra LTD HZRDUS T1100 75 6.5
Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 16* Rouge Silver 70
Adams Red Hybrid 18*/20* Matrix Altus Tour
Taylor Made P770 5-GW KBS Tour C-Taper
Cleveland Niblick 42"
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 56*

TP Mills Nellie
Srizon Z-Star XV

#69 Swampcooler

Swampcooler

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 94150
  • Handicap:11.7
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 06 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

I bought two this week based on this thread and his personal posts. I am very impressed! They are long enough to never come untucked. A little boxy in the body, but that will let me pound a couple dogs and beers without feeling self-conscious on the back nine that my gut is making my shirt tight.

I will definitely throw more orders their way. I can't believe that they are at the price point of $29.99. I ordered the Navy and the Pink from Amazon, and with Prime they were on my door in two days. The packaging is even nice!

#70 IamEric

IamEric

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 420516
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 06 April 2017 - 05:32 PM

I bought one the other day and it came in this afternoon. Great price at $29.99. I ordered a medium because I normally wear a large. The fit was a little trim, but exactly what I was looking for.

If I had to make a suggestion, I thought the water bottle with the 20 on the back seemed a little cheesy, but I understand that's the sustainable clothing brand you're trying to build. Overall, great work and I'll definitely be ordering more.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#71 Unteachable

Unteachable

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19031
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:20 PM

Wearing mine at work today and have got quite a few compliments.

#72 Charleston Green Apparel

Charleston Green Apparel

• Sponsors
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:46 PM

Glad to hear you guys like them!

#73 devey07

devey07

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232393
  • Handicap:14
GolfWRX Likes : 180

Posted 07 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

great price point. Ill try one at that price.

#74 zripp3

zripp3

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 483 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67733
  • Ebay ID:zripp
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:37 PM

Wanted to leave positive feedback on these shirts - ordered the Charleston Green color in a medium and it is an excellent fit (as a reference for others, I wear a M in Peter Millar and a S in the baggy FJ models).  It does fit very closely to the Peter Millar brand - good length, not too boxy in the torso and the sleeves aren't in my forearms like the FJ shirts.  Feels great and, like others have said, the price and Amazon make it a steal.  Good luck on getting this off the ground.  Very happy customer.

#75 EricWGolf

EricWGolf

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 414766
GolfWRX Likes : 379

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:55 PM

Congrats Chili.

I, like many others here, have always paid close attention to your textiles related posts and appreciated your insight.

Best of luck to you.  

P.S.  Not from the lowcountry and don't fully get all the names/references in the line, but the brand name seems perfect for the image you are trying to convey and product you are trying to deliver.

TaylorMade 2017 M2 (Kuro Kage Silver TiNi 60 X)
Nike Vapor Fly 3 Wood (GD Tour AD DI)
Nike Vapor Fly 3 Hybrid
TaylorMade P770 4-PW (Modus3 Tour 120 S, hardstepped)
TaylorMade Milled Grind 51/56/60 (Modus3 Tour 120 S, hardstepped)
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

Posted Image

#76 Anser

Anser

Major Winner

• 1,629 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28177
  • Ebay ID:ADX
GolfWRX Likes : 1100

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:09 AM

Got one from amazon and it doesn't fit quite like I'd hoped but that's because I like food not anything to do with the shirt.

Also, one thing, the little round symbol thingy attached by a string... that one was sat on shirt so tighly it basically put a circle size area that I'm not sure would fluff out in a wash.  I'm sending back and you might see what I'm talking about.  May want to consider this with packaging.  Otherwise the packaging was great!

Edited by Anser, 11 April 2017 - 07:53 PM.

TM M2 9.5 - Fuji Xclr8
TM Sldr mini 14 tp
Cobra baffler - atx tour blue
Cleveland Hibore Xli 3,4,5
Srixon Z545 6-AW (KBS Tour)
Callaway MD 2 54-58
Lajosi DD201WB

#77 kermitm

kermitm

• 182 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26728
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 09 April 2017 - 06:46 PM

Purchased a shirt and was very impressed. Great product

#78 dosaile

dosaile

dosaile

• 485 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24987
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

Just ordered one. Good luck with company!

#79 b.helts

b.helts

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,271 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100214
GolfWRX Likes : 1981

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:31 AM

I bought two shirts and they are very nice. They are plenty long, fit great and seem very high quality. I'm impressed and at this price point, will be buying more.

#80 Augster

Augster

Mr. Fairway

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30291
GolfWRX Likes : 1221

Posted 10 April 2017 - 12:58 AM

I played in my lime green XXL today. No complaints whatsoever. It was actually warm today and the shirt wicked quite well. Easy to swing in. No chance of untucking.

I'm going to purchase the pink in XL and see if it's a little more tailored.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#81 biggreeeeen

biggreeeeen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 452332
  • Ebay ID:biggreeeeen
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 April 2017 - 08:52 AM

I received my order of two shirts.  I'm built like a beer keg and the shirts are a bit longer than I would typically wear but after playing the other day i realized I rather liked that fact.  The quality is very nice and I like the logo and branding.  At this price, I ordered three more shirts and look forward to seeing what else you have to offer in the near future.  These fit so much nicer than all the UA shirts that I have.  There isn't that cling to the belly effect..

#82 Matt J

Matt J

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 339857
GolfWRX Likes : 10881

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:31 AM

I bought two that arrived over the weekend, red and pink.

The packaging is uber classy.  Honestly, I would probably save it for a higher priced product.  Perhaps a cotton, poly, spandex blend?

Texture, smell, longevity, etc. - I've never been a huge fan of the pure poly.  Maybe years in the outdoor industry wearing it all day everyday.

The fit is awesome.  I actually ordered a large and cancelled and switched to mediums.  I'm 5'9" and 180 lbs. - broad shoulders, probably 10 or 15 lbs. overweight at the moment.  Love the fit of the medium.  Sleeves and tail the perfect length.

Make me a cotton hybrid and I'll be a convert for life!

#83 Charleston Green Apparel

Charleston Green Apparel

• Sponsors
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:34 AM

View PostAnser, on 09 April 2017 - 11:09 AM, said:

Got one from amazon and it doesn't fit quite like I'd hoped but that's because I like food not anything to do with the shirt.

Also, one thing, the little round symble thingy attached by a string... that one was sat on shirt so tighly it basically put a circle size area that I'm not sure would fluff out in a wash.  I'm sending back and you might see what I'm talking about.  May want to consider this with packaging.  Otherwise the packaging was great!

We have sold just over 3k polos now and honestly the only 2 issues of this have come up lately in our Golfwrx sponsorship. I would recommend you send that back free returns with Amazon and order another one. I can guarantee you won't have the same issue. We will get yours back and address with the mill. I'm sorry you had that problem. We are super encouraged that everyone likes the design and want to keep making top end quality golf shirts for the world to enjoy at a low price point. Thanks for bringing this to our attention and hope you get your new shirt quickly!

#84 Charleston Green Apparel

Charleston Green Apparel

• Sponsors
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 11 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

View PostMatt J, on 11 April 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

I bought two that arrived over the weekend, red and pink.

The packaging is uber classy.  Honestly, I would probably save it for a higher priced product.  Perhaps a cotton, poly, spandex blend?

Texture, smell, longevity, etc. - I've never been a huge fan of the pure poly.  Maybe years in the outdoor industry wearing it all day everyday.

The fit is awesome.  I actually ordered a large and cancelled and switched to mediums.  I'm 5'9" and 180 lbs. - broad shoulders, probably 10 or 15 lbs. overweight at the moment.  Love the fit of the medium.  Sleeves and tail the perfect length.

Make me a cotton hybrid and I'll be a convert for life!

You may get your wish! We are playing around with a triblend fabric right now and are looking at some bamboo and modal combinations as well!

#85 Shankapod

Shankapod

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 225 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 438438
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 11 April 2017 - 07:49 PM

I ordered the 1/4 zip pull over. At 50 bucks, definitely worth a shot! I ordered both a M and a L to compare and plan on returning the one I decided against.

I have a medium in the polo and am a medium in the pull over too. So for anyone else wondering, I'd say just order down a size like with the polos. Was a bit harder to decide, because if it were to shrink at all it'll be a tad too short in the sleeves (I'm 6'2), but I'll be mindful and not shrink it in the wash.

Looks awesome though!

#86 Charleston Green Apparel

Charleston Green Apparel

• Sponsors
  • 177 posts
  •  

Posted 12 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

Glad you like it. Should be coming in the next couple of weeks with some new ideas we had.

#87 TRheezy

TRheezy

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 645 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 301091
GolfWRX Likes : 336

Posted 16 April 2017 - 09:38 PM

Do you have a store/location in Charleston where one could try on a shirt?

M1 440 8.5* Elements Platinum Proto 6F5
PING G400 Stretch XPHLEXXX Agera X
M1 3 Hybrid Atmos Blue X
Mizuno MP18 MMC 4-PW C-Taper Lite X

SM6 F Grind 50* LZ 6.5- SM6 M Grind 54* LZ 6.5- SM6 L Grind58* LZ 6.0
Edel E2 Torque Balanced

#88 greyman09

greyman09

Tour Winner

• 593 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7711
  • Handicap:1.2
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 17 April 2017 - 06:57 AM

I have ordered one. Gets in tomorrow.

#89 digger91

digger91

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 329441
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 19 April 2017 - 09:58 PM

The shirt I ordered is fantastic. Great fit (went one size down) very breathable and the fabric is very soft. Just did the first wash on it as well and hung to dry. No complaint on "smell" or anything. As far as looks I like the classic design and the small logo on the sleeve. Some posters mentioned the bottle on the back of the shirt, but it's so unnoticeable that it doesn't bother me one way or another. I don't need any more polos right this minute, but the next one I will buy will more than likely being another from these guys. Keep up the good work!

Edited by digger91, 19 April 2017 - 09:58 PM.

#90 DVD35

DVD35

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 197390
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 20 April 2017 - 02:16 PM

I always wear medium, and occasionally a large in layer pieces. I do like my shirts on the slimmer side, but going down to a small seems crazy to me since I don't wear a small in anything. I'm 6'0" 190. I'm wanting to pick a couple of these bad boys up.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors