Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

O-Works Weights Update


105 replies to this topic

#91 1s1k

1s1k

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449534
  • Joined: 12/21/2016
  • Location:A-Town, MA
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 276

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:13 PM

Weight Kits are available for purchase on Odyssey web site now.

TaylorMade M1 460 9.5 Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757 X
TaylorMade V-Steel 5 Wood Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75X

Srixon Z765 3-PW Project X 6.5
Cleveland RTX-3 Raw Wedges Project X 6.5
50 V-MG, 54 V-MG, 60 V-FG
Odyssey Works Tank 2 Ball Fang 35"


Mizuno MP32's 2-PW Modus3 Tour 130 X
Callaway Legacy Black 3-PW Project X 6.5

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 rlb4

rlb4

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476648
  • Joined: 07/27/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 05 October 2017 - 11:42 PM

View Post1s1k, on 05 October 2017 - 10:13 PM, said:

Weight Kits are available for purchase on Odyssey web site now.

$50!
Odyssey O-works #7 WBW

2

#93 JayLefty

JayLefty

    Major Winner

  • Lefty Boomers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,671 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29711
  • Joined: 05/25/2007
  • Location:St. Louis, MO
  • Handicap:7.2
GolfWRX Likes : 72

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

This is absurd. I am sticking with Ping moving forward. I really wanted to be an odyssey guy, but to give the kit to some for free and then charge 50 seems outrageous. If it was cheaper I could get past it, but the weight kit cost is nearly 1/4 the cost of the putter.
Ping G30 LST 9* w/ Aldila Tour Green 95 TX | Ping i25 14* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 95 TX | Ping i25 18* w/ Aldila Tour Blue 85 TX
Ping i E1 4-PW w/ Project X 6.5 | Ping Glide 50* , 54* and 58* w/ X100 | Ping Anser 2 Vault

3

#94 rslewis13

rslewis13

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221703
  • Joined: 01/14/2013
  • Location:Baltimore
GolfWRX Likes : 92

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:55 PM

View PostJayLefty, on 06 October 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

This is absurd. I am sticking with Ping moving forward. I really wanted to be an odyssey guy, but to give the kit to some for free and then charge 50 seems outrageous. If it was cheaper I could get past it, but the weight kit cost is nearly 1/4 the cost of the putter.

For comparison purposes, the Scotty weight kit costs either $154 or $169, depending on regular or heavy. So $50 really doesn't seem that bad.

It'd be nice if everything was free for everyone, but if they're not going to make some money off it, then why would they bother producing it?

As for Ping, maybe I'm wrong, but last I checked they don't have any putters with adjustable weights. If that's what you prefer, why get upset? You can still play Odyssey and not buy the weight kit, right?

Personally, I'd say play whatever putter gets the ball in the hole in fewer strokes. Good luck.
TaylorMade M1 10.5º – Oban Kiyoshi Purple
TaylorMade M1 15º – Fujikura Pro
TaylorMade M2 Rescue 22º – Matrix Ozik
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW – Modus Tour 120
Vokey SM5 52º, 56º & 60º
Oddyssey O-Works V-Line Fang

4

#95 MCCA

MCCA

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,589 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 2694
  • Joined: 07/14/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 106

Posted 07 October 2017 - 06:06 PM

View PostJayLefty, on 06 October 2017 - 09:51 PM, said:

This is absurd. I am sticking with Ping moving forward. I really wanted to be an odyssey guy, but to give the kit to some for free and then charge 50 seems outrageous. If it was cheaper I could get past it, but the weight kit cost is nearly 1/4 the cost of the putter.
+

Seems very un-fair people will pay stupid amounts for Scotty which I've owned for years and sold all of them.Odyssey seems to have has better technology?.


5

#96 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 16270

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:29 PM

$50? Ridiculous. I'll stick with the two dimes I inserted into my #7. Total cost: 20 cents. I'll live with the small bump caused my the weights not screwing in flush.


6

#97 rlb4

rlb4

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 476648
  • Joined: 07/27/2017
  • Location:NJ
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

View PostArgonne69, on 12 October 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

$50? Ridiculous. I'll stick with the two dimes I inserted into my #7. Total cost: 20 cents. I'll live with the small bump caused my the weights not screwing in flush.

A dime only weighs 2.27 grams each. I bought 28 gm of tungsten putty for $7 at Hobby Lobby. You can also get 20 gm of tungsten rubber adhesive weights for like $10.
Odyssey O-works #7 WBW

7

#98 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 16270

Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:20 PM

View Postrlb4, on 12 October 2017 - 02:57 PM, said:

View PostArgonne69, on 12 October 2017 - 02:29 PM, said:

$50? Ridiculous. I'll stick with the two dimes I inserted into my #7. Total cost: 20 cents. I'll live with the small bump caused my the weights not screwing in flush.

A dime only weighs 2.27 grams each. I bought 28 gm of tungsten putty for $7 at Hobby Lobby. You can also get 20 gm of tungsten rubber adhesive weights for like $10.

Thanks. I found tungsten putty on Ebay for less than $2 for a 15 gram piece (w/ free shipping).

8

#99 dubbledxu

dubbledxu

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 213 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 117940
  • Joined: 11/23/2010
  • Location:Cincinnati, OH
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 04 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

Heres a link to the weight kit.  As mentioned earlier, $50

http://www.odysseygo...-works-kit.html

9

#100 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 16270

Posted 05 November 2017 - 11:37 AM

I received the tungsten weights, but unfortunately the weights on the #7 are solid, so there is little room between the weight and the bottom of the hole. I got roughly a dime sized piece of putty in each, so it didn't add much more weight than the dimes.

I guess I'll have to splurge on the weight kit.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 tdk8180

tdk8180

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Joined: 03/20/2009
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 05 November 2017 - 01:08 PM

You have to be careful with these, if you dont have the threads lined up correctly you will get it stuck.  I like the fact they have 5,10,15,20,25 weights

11

#102 Argonne69

Argonne69

    Legend

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,460 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102839
  • Joined: 02/01/2010
  • Location:Chicago, IL
GolfWRX Likes : 16270

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:01 PM

View Posttdk8180, on 05 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

You have to be careful with these, if you dont have the threads lined up correctly you will get it stuck.  I like the fact they have 5,10,15,20,25 weights

Where do you see 25 g weights? The weight kit on the Odyssey website only include a 10 and 20 g pair of weights.

12

#103 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3857

Posted 05 November 2017 - 03:15 PM

View PostArgonne69, on 05 November 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

View Posttdk8180, on 05 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

You have to be careful with these, if you dont have the threads lined up correctly you will get it stuck.  I like the fact they have 5,10,15,20,25 weights

Where do you see 25 g weights? The weight kit on the Odyssey website only include a 10 and 20 g pair of weights.

There is one 5, and one 25 in the other kit (2 ball).  It would appear if you want 2 - 25g weights, will cost you $80......

It would be neat if you could pick which weights you wanted in your kit.

Edited by Warrick, 05 November 2017 - 03:15 PM.

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

13

#104 tdk8180

tdk8180

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Joined: 03/20/2009
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:09 AM

View PostWarrick, on 05 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostArgonne69, on 05 November 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

View Posttdk8180, on 05 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

You have to be careful with these, if you dont have the threads lined up correctly you will get it stuck.  I like the fact they have 5,10,15,20,25 weights

Where do you see 25 g weights? The weight kit on the Odyssey website only include a 10 and 20 g pair of weights.

There is one 5, and one 25 in the other kit (2 ball).  It would appear if you want 2 - 25g weights, will cost you $80......

It would be neat if you could pick which weights you wanted in your kit.

Im just saying, they are at least out there, so you can look on eBay and potentially have a wide ranging set of weights.

14

#105 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,041 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3857

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:21 AM

View Posttdk8180, on 06 November 2017 - 06:09 AM, said:

View PostWarrick, on 05 November 2017 - 03:15 PM, said:

View PostArgonne69, on 05 November 2017 - 03:01 PM, said:

View Posttdk8180, on 05 November 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

You have to be careful with these, if you dont have the threads lined up correctly you will get it stuck.  I like the fact they have 5,10,15,20,25 weights

Where do you see 25 g weights? The weight kit on the Odyssey website only include a 10 and 20 g pair of weights.

There is one 5, and one 25 in the other kit (2 ball).  It would appear if you want 2 - 25g weights, will cost you $80......

It would be neat if you could pick which weights you wanted in your kit.

Im just saying, they are at least out there, so you can look on eBay and potentially have a wide ranging set of weights.


I am all good, got my "custom" kit.   The 7s is money when tanked.

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60 - 47" (animal)
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70 - 44"
Epic 3H - Recoil
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Odyssey Black 7s-Tank-34"

15

#106 tdk8180

tdk8180

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,016 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77908
  • Joined: 03/20/2009
  • Location:Parts Unknown
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 706

Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:26 AM

Nice!

16



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors