Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

O-Works Weights Update


106 replies to this topic

#1 SteelPride

SteelPride

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38821
  • Joined: 09/05/2007
  • Location:Seattle
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:09 PM

Hey all:

I'm fresh off a 60 day suspension, so I thought I would provide some helpful insight as to the current issue with the fact that Cally/Odyssey does not yet sell the weights for their much touted O-Works line.

Spoke with CS and Corporate yesterday and they don't yet have an update. They said they hope to hear from the brass about the issue "sometime this spring". The nice lady that helped me on the phone said they have been getting calls about this.

I have the two ball and I need it to be heavier. If they don't rectify the situation soon they should consider returns. You can't market something as having interchangeable weights if you don't sell them.

The wait continues...


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#2 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

The description on the web site was changed prior to pre-sale.  It said "adjustable weighting" for a few days, but was changed to "sole weighting" prior to pre-sale.  They never stated a weight kit came with it.

They did realize this was a possible issue, and are working on it last I knew.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

2

#3 cvhookem63

cvhookem63

    HOOK 'EM

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 3,899 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 307989
  • Joined: 04/11/2014
  • Location:East Texas
GolfWRX Likes : 4107

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:19 PM

View PostSteelPride, on 29 March 2017 - 01:09 PM, said:

Hey all:

I'm fresh off a 60 day suspension, so I thought I would provide some helpful insight as to the current issue with the fact that Cally/Odyssey does not yet sell the weights for their much touted O-Works line.

Spoke with CS and Corporate yesterday and they don't yet have an update. They said they hope to hear from the brass about the issue "sometime this spring". The nice lady that helped me on the phone said they have been getting calls about this.

I have the two ball and I need it to be heavier. If they don't rectify the situation soon they should consider returns. You can't market something as having interchangeable weights if you don't sell them.

The wait continues...

Welcome back. So...the update is that there is no update? I kid. Weird that they would market them as interchangeable if they are not.
WITB Link
TaylorMade 2017 M1 9.5* Fujikura ATMOS Tour Spec Blue 8X
NIKE Vapor Fly 14* Fujikura Rombax P95X
NIKE Vapor Fly Pro 3-4 Fujikura Pro 95 Tour Spec X
NIKE Satin VR Pro Blades 5-9 TI S400
NIKE OVEN Engage 46* or VR Pro PW | Engage 50*SS / 55*SS / 60*DS S400
NIKE OVEN Origin B2-05 Long Slant | Custom Copper Insert B2-05
Posted Image Posted Image

3

#4 SteelPride

SteelPride

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38821
  • Joined: 09/05/2007
  • Location:Seattle
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:21 PM

They never marketed the kit, but for some time it was marketed as adjustable. My hope is that there is enough "noise" so they make a small weight kit for sale. Love the putter thus far, but would really like to make it perfect.

4

#5 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 29 March 2017 - 01:50 PM

It was marketed as adjustable for a time, no doubt about that.  There was a bit of a disconnect, CS, and some retailers were actually informing consumers that the "tank" versions came with a kit.

The brass at Odyssey jumped on it ASAP, changed descriptions, and as far as I know, are in process of getting some aftermarket kits available.

I was in the same boat, really wanted heavier weights to get the tank #7 up to 385, like the old Tank Cruiser.

Take this all with a grain of salt, I am no authority on it, but had a "little" insight.

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

5

#6 specialtony

specialtony

    Tony

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41967
  • Joined: 11/07/2007
  • Location:Pittsburgh
  • Handicap:3?
  • Ebay ID:manf-anth
GolfWRX Likes : 45

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:17 PM

I inquired on this last week and got a a response that didn't seem to hopeful that we will be able to get a weight kit.  It's honestly the only thing stopping me from ordering an Oworks.

Attached Thumbnails

  • IMG_4186.PNG

Most Current:
M1 Dr
F7 5w
816H1 hyb.
King forged Pro cb/mb
52, 56, 60 sm6
DD201 WB longneck

6

#7 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 29 March 2017 - 02:20 PM

same canned response you get when asking for extra sliding weights, or SZ sole weights.

CS won't know about kits til they are listed on the site most likely.  Again, not positive they are coming, but there is hope.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

7

#8 doglover72

doglover72

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214371
  • Joined: 12/04/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 184

Posted 29 March 2017 - 07:16 PM

I had my shop talk to a rep to try and custom order my R line heavier and they said no.

8

#9 AmazinBlue

AmazinBlue

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 990 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 93222
  • Joined: 08/29/2009
  • Location:Jackson, MI
  • Ebay ID:welchjs
GolfWRX Likes : 300

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:45 PM

I ordered my Vline Fang CH with "heavier weights"  and it came standard.  Odyssey told Carl's Golfland they don't expect any heavier weights until the summer.
Cobra F8+ Aldila NV 2KXV Green 65 S 12g weight forward
Tour Edge Exotics CBX 16.5* 3w Aldila NV 2KXV Green 75-S
Callaway Apex Hybrid 20* PX LZ 75g Stiff
Callaway Apex Hybrid 23* Kuro Kage 80 Hy stiff
Taylormade P770 5-PW Project X LZ 6.0
Vokey SM6 48* F Grind Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 54*/08* M Grind Steel Gray
Vokey SM6 58*/08* M Tour Chrome
TM Tour Spider Black 34.25" 2* flat 2x 14g weights
Titleist AVX

9

#10 SteelPride

SteelPride

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38821
  • Joined: 09/05/2007
  • Location:Seattle
GolfWRX Likes : 803

Posted 29 March 2017 - 10:58 PM

View PostAmazinBlue, on 29 March 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

I ordered my Vline Fang CH with "heavier weights"  and it came standard.  Odyssey told Carl's Golfland they don't expect any heavier weights until the summer.

Well that's at least something.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#11 Kidz2feed

Kidz2feed

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 378 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221991
  • Joined: 01/15/2013
  • Location:Carlsbad, CA
  • Handicap:0.4
GolfWRX Likes : 140

Posted 03 July 2017 - 07:16 PM

View PostAmazinBlue, on 29 March 2017 - 10:45 PM, said:

I ordered my Vline Fang CH with "heavier weights"  and it came standard.  Odyssey told Carl's Golfland they don't expect any heavier weights until the summer.
I ordered my V Line Fang CH at 36.5" and the Callaway Rep said they would adjust the weights accordingly.  I received the putter at 36" and they have the same weights as my buddy's 35" V Line.  I love the putter, but it is unplayable for me at 36" - way too heavy!
TaylorMade M3 10.5 Fuji Atmos Red 6X
Callaway Rogue 17 Fuji Atmos Blue 7X
TaylorMade 790 3 iron SteelFiber i80
Titleist AP3 4-PW i95
Vokey SM7 48F, 54S and 60M
Scotty Cameron Roundback Proto

11

#12 indianalawnguy

indianalawnguy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124590
  • Joined: 03/15/2011
  • Ebay ID:armington2006
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:42 AM

Any update on if they will even be producing a weight kit?

12

#13 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 15 August 2017 - 06:50 AM

View Postindianalawnguy, on 15 August 2017 - 06:42 AM, said:

Any update on if they will even be producing a weight kit?

Yes, and they have them in hand.  They are working on getting them in the system and available for online purchase.  This info was provided in the live Q&A from last week.  They would not give an exact date.

The kits will have 2-10g, and 2-20g weights in each.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

13

#14 Konklifer

Konklifer

    Thinkin' of a master plan...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
  • Joined: 11/07/2005
  • Location:location, location.
GolfWRX Likes : 1567

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:22 AM

Instead of using the same weights as in the past, the went for the money grab. They f'd this up royally.
PING  G400 Max 10.5°
PING  G400 17.5°

PING  G400 hybrid 19°
PING  i25 hybrid 22°
Callaway  XHP 5-AW
PING  Glide 2.0 Stealth 54° SS, 58° ES
Kevin Burns  9306
Snell  MTB Red

14

#15 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:33 AM

View PostKonklifer, on 15 August 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Instead of using the same weights as in the past, the went for the money grab. They f'd this up royally.

This was not a "money grab" IMO.

I have had a lot of discussion surrounding the weight kits ever since before pre-release, and have talked to some people that have some knowledge on it.

I would call it more of a "mix-up".

GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

15

#16 Fairwayrocker

Fairwayrocker

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 102618
  • Joined: 01/27/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:38 AM

There are two kits available

std kit with 2x 10g and 2x 20g  as well  a kit for the 2ball  with 5g and 25g

16

#17 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

View PostFairwayrocker, on 15 August 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

There are two kits available

std kit with 2x 10g and 2x 20g  as well  a kit for the 2ball  with 5g and 25g

This is big.  So, I could order 2 kits for the 2 ball, and have 2-25g weights I could put in a 3T to get to 370, or add 2-25's to a 7s for 390g.

Uh-oh......
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

17

#18 evoviiiyou

evoviiiyou

    evoviiiyou

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22585
  • Joined: 12/08/2006
  • Location:Brunswick OH to Chandler AZ June 15th!
GolfWRX Likes : 491

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

View PostWarrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

View PostFairwayrocker, on 15 August 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

There are two kits available

std kit with 2x 10g and 2x 20g  as well  a kit for the 2ball  with 5g and 25g

This is big.  So, I could order 2 kits for the 2 ball, and have 2-25g weights I could put in a 3T to get to 370, or add 2-25's to a 7s for 390g.

Uh-oh......

Does the 2-ball weight kit mentioned w/ 2-25g weights fit all of the O-work black offerings or do we know that yet?
Taylor Made M4 12* set to 10.5*, Fujikura Atmos Red 5S 44.75" 10gram weight, Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Taylor Made M4 18*, Fujikura Atmos Red 6S 42.25", Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Mizuno JPX900 Hot Metal 4-6, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D2
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 7-PW, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D2-D3
Mizuno JPX900 Forged Gap 50-07, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Taylor Made HI-TOE 58 2*strong, KBS Tour Pearl Silver R, Golf Pride TW BLK, D4
TM Spider Ghost CS Conti Golf BLK 16gram weights, 30.25", SS Flatso 1.0 CounterCore 50gr BLK/WHT
Nike RZN Tour Platinum (stock piled for 5 yrs worth)
​Mizuno Pro 4-Way Stand Bag, Tour BLU/WHT

18

#19 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 15 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

View Postevoviiiyou, on 15 August 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

View PostWarrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

View PostFairwayrocker, on 15 August 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

There are two kits available

std kit with 2x 10g and 2x 20g  as well  a kit for the 2ball  with 5g and 25g

This is big.  So, I could order 2 kits for the 2 ball, and have 2-25g weights I could put in a 3T to get to 370, or add 2-25's to a 7s for 390g.

Uh-oh......

Does the 2-ball weight kit mentioned w/ 2-25g weights fit all of the O-work black offerings or do we know that yet?

If all of these weights are not interchangeable through the o-works series, that would be a fail.....
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

19

#20 evoviiiyou

evoviiiyou

    evoviiiyou

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22585
  • Joined: 12/08/2006
  • Location:Brunswick OH to Chandler AZ June 15th!
GolfWRX Likes : 491

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:02 AM

View PostWarrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

View Postevoviiiyou, on 15 August 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

View PostWarrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

View PostFairwayrocker, on 15 August 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

There are two kits available

std kit with 2x 10g and 2x 20g  as well  a kit for the 2ball  with 5g and 25g

This is big.  So, I could order 2 kits for the 2 ball, and have 2-25g weights I could put in a 3T to get to 370, or add 2-25's to a 7s for 390g.

Uh-oh......

Does the 2-ball weight kit mentioned w/ 2-25g weights fit all of the O-work black offerings or do we know that yet?

If all of these weights are not interchangeable through the o-works series, that would be a fail.....

Agreed and hopefully the 25's fit them all!

Taylor Made M4 12* set to 10.5*, Fujikura Atmos Red 5S 44.75" 10gram weight, Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Taylor Made M4 18*, Fujikura Atmos Red 6S 42.25", Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Mizuno MP18 MMC Fli Hi 3, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Mizuno JPX900 Hot Metal 4-6, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D2
Mizuno JPX900 Forged 7-PW, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D2-D3
Mizuno JPX900 Forged Gap 50-07, Rifle PX LZ 5.5, Golf Pride TW BLK, D3
Taylor Made HI-TOE 58 2*strong, KBS Tour Pearl Silver R, Golf Pride TW BLK, D4
TM Spider Ghost CS Conti Golf BLK 16gram weights, 30.25", SS Flatso 1.0 CounterCore 50gr BLK/WHT
Nike RZN Tour Platinum (stock piled for 5 yrs worth)
​Mizuno Pro 4-Way Stand Bag, Tour BLU/WHT

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:04 AM

 evoviiiyou, on 15 August 2017 - 08:02 AM, said:

 Warrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

 evoviiiyou, on 15 August 2017 - 07:54 AM, said:

 Warrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:52 AM, said:

 Fairwayrocker, on 15 August 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

There are two kits available

std kit with 2x 10g and 2x 20g  as well  a kit for the 2ball  with 5g and 25g

This is big.  So, I could order 2 kits for the 2 ball, and have 2-25g weights I could put in a 3T to get to 370, or add 2-25's to a 7s for 390g.

Uh-oh......

Does the 2-ball weight kit mentioned w/ 2-25g weights fit all of the O-work black offerings or do we know that yet?

If all of these weights are not interchangeable through the o-works series, that would be a fail.....

Agreed and hopefully the 25's fit them all!

I have inquired from someone that should be able to provide insight on this.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

21

#22 ccorrada

ccorrada

    Double C

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36430
  • Joined: 08/04/2007
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:ccorrada
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:26 AM

I don't understand why these companies try so hard to keep us from customizing their products and then turn around and act like they love "fitting"
Cally BBA 816 Alpha DBD- Grafalloy Blue 6S
Cally XR16 Pro 14* w/Diamana S+ 70X
Titleist 816 H1 18* w/Diamana D+ 92X
Ping i200 4-UW w/ PX 6.0
Ping Glide Stealth 54-58 w/DGTI S400
Odyssey O-Works Red 7S

22

#23 pschmitt712

pschmitt712

    Featured Writer @GolfWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473556
  • Joined: 07/01/2017
  • Location:Lexington, KY
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:39 AM

Why would they include 10g weights in the kit if the putters come stock with 10g weights? Just weighed the ones in my 7S last night. Seems redundant

23

#24 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:40 AM

 pschmitt712, on 15 August 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

Why would they include 10g weights in the kit if the putters come stock with 10g weights? Just weighed the ones in my 7S last night. Seems redundant

most of the other putters come stock with 15g weights, some may want to go lighter.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

24

#25 pschmitt712

pschmitt712

    Featured Writer @GolfWRX

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 473556
  • Joined: 07/01/2017
  • Location:Lexington, KY
  • Handicap:6.4
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:41 AM

 ccorrada, on 15 August 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

I don't understand why these companies try so hard to keep us from customizing their products and then turn around and act like they love "fitting"

I can honestly understand it. Allows the user to fit themselves to a certain extent. And they sell a lot of product in the meantime. IMO, a fully adjustable/customizable putter that you can tweak yourself with included "idiot proof" fitting instructions would sell like hot cakes. Doesn't mean they're discouraging fitting. It means they're putting that stuff straight into the users hands.


25

#26 ccorrada

ccorrada

    Double C

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,099 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 36430
  • Joined: 08/04/2007
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Handicap:2
  • Ebay ID:ccorrada
GolfWRX Likes : 361

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:44 AM

 pschmitt712, on 15 August 2017 - 08:41 AM, said:

 ccorrada, on 15 August 2017 - 08:26 AM, said:

I don't understand why these companies try so hard to keep us from customizing their products and then turn around and act like they love "fitting"

I can honestly understand it. Allows the user to fit themselves to a certain extent. And they sell a lot of product in the meantime. IMO, a fully adjustable/customizable putter that you can tweak yourself with included "idiot proof" fitting instructions would sell like hot cakes. Doesn't mean they're discouraging fitting. It means they're putting that stuff straight into the users hands.
I don't follow.
Cally BBA 816 Alpha DBD- Grafalloy Blue 6S
Cally XR16 Pro 14* w/Diamana S+ 70X
Titleist 816 H1 18* w/Diamana D+ 92X
Ping i200 4-UW w/ PX 6.0
Ping Glide Stealth 54-58 w/DGTI S400
Odyssey O-Works Red 7S

26

#27 Konklifer

Konklifer

    Thinkin' of a master plan...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
  • Joined: 11/07/2005
  • Location:location, location.
GolfWRX Likes : 1567

Posted 15 August 2017 - 03:27 PM

 Warrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

 Konklifer, on 15 August 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Instead of using the same weights as in the past, the went for the money grab. They f'd this up royally.

This was not a "money grab" IMO.

I have had a lot of discussion surrounding the weight kits ever since before pre-release, and have talked to some people that have some knowledge on it.

I would call it more of a "mix-up".

I have the Tank Cruiser weight kit and they do not fit in the O-Works 7S. It's no mix-up, it's a money grab.
PING  G400 Max 10.5°
PING  G400 17.5°

PING  G400 hybrid 19°
PING  i25 hybrid 22°
Callaway  XHP 5-AW
PING  Glide 2.0 Stealth 54° SS, 58° ES
Kevin Burns  9306
Snell  MTB Red

27

#28 Warrick

Warrick

    Hall of Fame

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 7,911 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 275445
  • Joined: 09/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 4542

Posted 15 August 2017 - 05:36 PM

 Konklifer, on 15 August 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

 Warrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

 Konklifer, on 15 August 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Instead of using the same weights as in the past, the went for the money grab. They f'd this up royally.

This was not a "money grab" IMO.

I have had a lot of discussion surrounding the weight kits ever since before pre-release, and have talked to some people that have some knowledge on it.

I would call it more of a "mix-up".

I have the Tank Cruiser weight kit and they do not fit in the O-Works 7S. It's no mix-up, it's a money grab.

I know they don't fit.  I wish they did also

We will just have to agree to disagree on the money grab.  I am not going in to the back story on this.
GBB Epic 9* - Tensei Pro Orange 60
Epic SZ 3+ - Tensei Pro Orange 70
Epic 3H - Tensei Pro White
MP18 Combo 4-P - PX LZ 6.0
Mizuno T7 - 48-53-58 - PX LZ 6.5
Custom V-Line FangS O-Works - Tank
TM TP5X

28

#29 indianalawnguy

indianalawnguy

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 124590
  • Joined: 03/15/2011
  • Ebay ID:armington2006
GolfWRX Likes : 44

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:27 PM

I needed a 33" blk 7S and didn't want to wait so I bought a 34" from Golf Galaxy it had a crooked grip so I just cut it off( didn't want to jack up the black shaft trying to save a grip I will never use) and put on a tour snsr. I hope the kits are avail soon bc mine is "caked" with lead tape! Looks atrocious,  but rolls it great!!!! Hoping the 25gram weights work, but even the 20's will allow me to get this tape off!!!

29

#30 Konklifer

Konklifer

    Thinkin' of a master plan...

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,648 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 7455
  • Joined: 11/07/2005
  • Location:location, location.
GolfWRX Likes : 1567

Posted 16 August 2017 - 07:42 AM

 Warrick, on 15 August 2017 - 05:36 PM, said:

 Konklifer, on 15 August 2017 - 03:27 PM, said:

 Warrick, on 15 August 2017 - 07:33 AM, said:

 Konklifer, on 15 August 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

Instead of using the same weights as in the past, the went for the money grab. They f'd this up royally.

This was not a "money grab" IMO.

I have had a lot of discussion surrounding the weight kits ever since before pre-release, and have talked to some people that have some knowledge on it.

I would call it more of a "mix-up".

I have the Tank Cruiser weight kit and they do not fit in the O-Works 7S. It's no mix-up, it's a money grab.

I know they don't fit.  I wish they did also

We will just have to agree to disagree on the money grab.  I am not going in to the back story on this.

I wish you would so that maybe I'll understand. Otherwise, there is no reason to use different size weights.

PING  G400 Max 10.5°
PING  G400 17.5°

PING  G400 hybrid 19°
PING  i25 hybrid 22°
Callaway  XHP 5-AW
PING  Glide 2.0 Stealth 54° SS, 58° ES
Kevin Burns  9306
Snell  MTB Red

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors