Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Ping True Roll Technology

Ping TR Vault Putter sigma g

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BSTRONG1313

BSTRONG1313

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428440
  • Handicap:6.5
  • Ebay ID:13bstrong13
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:27 PM

I've been doing some putter shopping and wanted to know if anyone who has played recent Ping putters have found the true roll face technology to actually be beneficial while actually golfing. I have only been able to play around with the Vault and Sigma G in stores and I didn't see very much about tr technology in their respective threads.
Thanks for the help

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Sean289

Sean289

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 170

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:35 PM

View PostBSTRONG1313, on 27 March 2017 - 12:27 PM, said:

I've been doing some putter shopping and wanted to know if anyone who has played recent Ping putters have found the true roll face technology to actually be beneficial while actually golfing. I have only been able to play around with the Vault and Sigma G in stores and I didn't see very much about tr technology in their respective threads.
Thanks for the help
For just over a year, I gamed the Cadence TR Anser 2 that was released in 2015. I gamed a PING putter without TR grooves before that and I really thought that the TR grooves made a difference. The roll was very solid and forgiving off slight off-centre hits.

#3 Damenace613

Damenace613

Advanced

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 345633
GolfWRX Likes : 107

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:49 PM

I haven't tried to recent line of Ping putters, but I would say the TR works for me on the Ketsch. Obvious bad putter strokes, I don't think there's anything technology could do but minor bad strokes seem to end up closer to the hole for me than in the past.
Taylormade M3 460 Atmos TS Black
Taylormade M1 (2016) 3HL Aldila Black
Callaway Apex 3H and 4H
TaylorMade RSi2 B Version 5-PW Modus3 Tour 120
TaylorMade PSi AW C-Taper 105
Cleveland RTX 3.0 54*
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 60*
Toulon Indianapolis Center Shaft

Also tagged with Ping TR Vault Putter sigma g

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors