Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 2 votes

I am in love with my Directed Force putter!

182 replies to this topic

#121 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 481718
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:directedforceputters
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 24 September 2017 - 09:11 PM

Hello gentlemen, Bill Presse IV here. Thank you for all the great feedback. I've been watching from afar and taken much constructive criticism to 'fix' and improve upon the original 1.0 platform. The 2.0 and now the 2.1(lasered aiming T instead of the machined T to eliminate glare) are essentially a direct response to your feedback. Up to this point I've stayed out of forums for the most part and just read threads. We have chosen to sponsor GolfWRX for a 'trial period' and see how it goes. That being said I'm here to answer any and all comments or questions as best as I can. A full GolfWRX review of the 2.1 is due to post very soon along with a pic gallery. Thanks for all the continued support gents, ... ready, set, GO!

Directed Force Putters
The most important club in your bag just got smarter!

www.directedforce.com

Get fit for your Directed Force putter - DFP Remote Fitting
Search for all Fitting Partners and Locations here - Fitting Partners and Locations

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#122 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

#TwistFaceExperience

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,688 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 198076
GolfWRX Likes : 2420

Posted 25 September 2017 - 01:30 PM

View PostDirected Force Putters, on 24 September 2017 - 09:11 PM, said:

Hello gentlemen, Bill Presse IV here. Thank you for all the great feedback. I've been watching from afar and taken much constructive criticism to 'fix' and improve upon the original 1.0 platform. The 2.0 and now the 2.1(lasered aiming T instead of the machined T to eliminate glare) are essentially a direct response to your feedback. Up to this point I've stayed out of forums for the most part and just read threads. We have chosen to sponsor GolfWRX for a 'trial period' and see how it goes. That being said I'm here to answer any and all comments or questions as best as I can. A full GolfWRX review of the 2.1 is due to post very soon along with a pic gallery. Thanks for all the continued support gents, ... ready, set, GO!

Bill,

Welcome to the forums!

Is there any possibility of using the Lie Angle Balanced technology on a club where the press grip is not necessary?  

The shaft leaning forward makes it awkward when using a standard superstroke grip.
Taylormade M3 10* Tour AD-DI 7X
Taylormade M3 15* Tour AD-IZ 7X
Taylormade M4 19* Tour AD-DI 8X
Taylormade P790 4i Tour AD-DI 9X
Taylormade P790 5i-AW Modus 120
Titleist SM7 54S 60D DG S400 TI
Ping Cadence Ketsch Heavy Putter
Taylormade TP5/TP5X Number 26

M3 Taylormade Experience

#123 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:02 PM

Yeah but it's really the shape of the superstroke you're probably after. DFP owns the patent in that shape as well with the shaft titling, just haven't release it. I've had the proto for a couple years(I actually made it at the same time as the elliptical Press grip) on a putter and it's pretty sweet. Because of its shear volume it needs to be made out of foam like  most of the OS Grips out there or it weighs about 200 grams in rubber. Which means we have to outsource manufacturing to a place like china. -Bill Presse IV
Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Search for all Fitting Partners and Locations here - Fitting Partners and Locations

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#124 Sean289

Sean289

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 447378
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 167

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:12 PM

I don't mean this as a criticism but every time I look at one of these putters, I think that their shape reminds me of a special key that you must find and retrieve in an sci-fi video game.

#125 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

#TwistFaceExperience

• 2,688 posts
  •  

Posted 25 September 2017 - 04:26 PM

View PostDirected Force Putters, on 25 September 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Yeah but it's really the shape of the superstroke you're probably after. DFP owns the patent in that shape as well with the shaft titling, just haven't release it. I've had the proto for a couple years(I actually made it at the same time as the elliptical Press grip) on a putter and it's pretty sweet. Because of its shear volume it needs to be made out of foam like  most of the OS Grips out there or it weighs about 200 grams in rubber. Which means we have to outsource manufacturing to a place like china. -Bill Presse IV

Bill, thanks for the reply.  Is there any possibility of that grip being released as a one off or mass produced soon?  
(If you need any beta testers i know a guy... ;) )

I really want to go back to my DF, especially while our greens are rolling like greased linoleum.

P.S.  I want to say that your customer service was excellent.  Damian was excellent at communication and made the transaction very easy by answering my questions quickly.

Edited by Gamble Gamble, 25 September 2017 - 04:32 PM.

M3 Taylormade Experience

#126 robbohank

robbohank

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37550
  • Handicap:1
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:16 PM

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Bill Presse regarding my DF fitting. I've been intrigued but the technology for a while now and finally decided to get a DF putter based on that tech and on many of the positive reviews it's received. I'm not normally one to drop 4 large on a single club but in this case I convinced myself that it made too much sense and that it just might help me improve my putting from mediocre at best to reasonably good.

I'm not close to a fitting locale so I did the online version. My specs came back at 34.5" long and a 69 degree lie angle. The putter arrived and as much as I tried to like the fit it just felt like it was a tad short. I'd randomly pick it up (several times) and the grip just didn't feel like it was sitting up in my left hand correctly (as in it was just short). I emailed Bill and he was quick to respond with "no worries....we'll ship a 35" with a call tag to pick up the other putter".

The 35 inch model arrived today and it's amazing how that extra half inch affects the way the putter sits and feels in my hands! I'm anxious to get onto a putting green to start really testing it out.

As I mentioned to Bill....... the technology behind the DF is pretty compelling and the custom fitting seems like such a critical yet ignored piece of puzzle by most manufacturers. As imperfect as doing a fitting via video might be it's nice to see that things can still be tweaked as needed at no added cost.

So.....I now have a putter that feels like it fits perfectly. The next step and the real test will be how it affects my putting. In the meantime I just wanted to give the DF folks kudos for making even an online fitting as precise as it can be.

#127 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 04:46 PM

Thank you! We worked hard to improve customer service and make sure you end up with a proper fit. When a barrel style grip is ready for production we will certainly reach out to this forum for beta testers 😉 Thanks again for the shout out 🤙🏼
Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#128 Gamble Gamble

Gamble Gamble

#TwistFaceExperience

• 2,688 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 07:23 PM

Bill I was thinking about having the DF cut down an inch - would that effect the lie angle balance?

M3 Taylormade Experience

#129 ryan983

ryan983

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59524
  • Handicap:+3
GolfWRX Likes : 217

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:08 PM

View PostGamble Gamble, on 26 September 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Bill I was thinking about having the DF cut down an inch - would that effect the lie angle balance?

Thinking about extending mine an inch or half inch so also curious.

#130 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

We are the Old Dark Navy Blues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 44148
GolfWRX Likes : 526

Posted 26 September 2017 - 09:54 PM

View Postrobbohank, on 26 September 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Just wanted to give a shout-out to Bill Presse regarding my DF fitting. I've been intrigued but the technology for a while now and finally decided to get a DF putter based on that tech and on many of the positive reviews it's received. I'm not normally one to drop 4 large on a single club but in this case I convinced myself that it made too much sense and that it just might help me improve my putting from mediocre at best to reasonably good.

I'm not close to a fitting locale so I did the online version. My specs came back at 34.5" long and a 69 degree lie angle. The putter arrived and as much as I tried to like the fit it just felt like it was a tad short. I'd randomly pick it up (several times) and the grip just didn't feel like it was sitting up in my left hand correctly (as in it was just short). I emailed Bill and he was quick to respond with "no worries....we'll ship a 35" with a call tag to pick up the other putter".

The 35 inch model arrived today and it's amazing how that extra half inch affects the way the putter sits and feels in my hands! I'm anxious to get onto a putting green to start really testing it out.

damn, thats my spec as well. I grip mine much lower on the grip. right now, I have zero desire to change the grip or length - just very comfortable with it and fits and feels great, mostly in my left hand. I have the 2 finger right hand grip which Bill picked up on my video.

One annoying thing though - and perhaps its just Los Angeles and the crappy water here...but I seem to get these white, almost chalk like "waves" against the putter matt black finish. I washed the putter head cover and ever since then, these chalk like "wave" marks are always there and I have to blow it off or rub it off. The only thing I can off is perhaps its the hard water we have here...its weird, never seen that on any other putter but then again, this is the ONLY matt black putter I own...

Now if Bill will release a "mini" version of the Reno, that would be sweet with a smaller head.

Oh yeah, the glare off the laser line is annoying as hell, its pretty sunny here in LA but dang, this is the straightest putter I have ever owned.

ps welcome Bill :)

Edited by SwingBlues, 26 September 2017 - 10:00 PM.

Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, finished length 44"
Mizuno FliHI 2 iron bent 1* strong, C-Taper Lite
Taylormade UDI 2 iron, 18* KBS C-Taper Lite

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105  with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips
Ben Hogan 2018 Equalizer 48* and 52* Forged wedges
Nike Engage Toe Sweep 56* wedge
Directed Force  Reno 2.0 Putter 34"

Ball: Srixon XV
Swing: PPGS, a Surgite !!!

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#131 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

Technically length will change the LAB ... the factor that is changing is the arc. Extending is shallowing, shortening is steepening, but length has very little 'value' to stroke path in D plane club head path vs angle of attack. So esssnatially length adjustements have minimal effect of the rotational property but more swing weight. Changing lie is bad, changing length really only changing swingweight. In a Revealer you would see little change. Hope this helps - Bill Presse IV
Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#132 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

The adventure begins!

• 14,849 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100868
GolfWRX Likes : 11219

Posted 27 September 2017 - 08:28 PM

Sadly, I must abandon my Directed Force putter. I committed to it for this season, but with a few weeks of golf left I just can't see continuing to use it because - I ordered the new 2.1!  Sounds like (after I got my measuring goof corrected - thanks William in Australia!) it gets built and maybe even shipped out tomorrow!

Looking forward to some comparisons and a lot of "testing" even though the season is going to get fickle pretty soon. And now I have a backup for early spring green conditions.

#133 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  •  

Posted 27 September 2017 - 11:03 PM

whats the difference between the original and the 2.0 reno putter? the 2.1 will have the laser sightline, is that it?
Callaway Epic GBB 8° draw bias, Fujikura Limited Edition 17/150 "Masters" ATMOS Tour Spec 6X, finished length 44"

Taylormade P790 4-PW, Nippon Modus 3 105  with ProSoft inserts, Grip Master Perforated leather grips

#134 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:41 AM

View PostSean289, on 25 September 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

I don't mean this as a criticism but every time I look at one of these putters, I think that their shape reminds me of a special key that you must find and retrieve in an sci-fi video game.

Lol good one, haven't heard that one yet😂👍

View PostSwingBlues, on 27 September 2017 - 11:03 PM, said:

whats the difference between the original and the 2.0 reno putter? the 2.1 will have the laser sightline, is that it?

Yes and rust proof stainless steel set screws

View Postdevey07, on 12 June 2017 - 08:24 AM, said:

I was just messing around with one on the practice green, very light weight, but they set up nice and roll pretty well

We can dial in any weight preference you want 👍🏌️
Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#135 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 10:43 AM

View PostHawkeye77, on 27 September 2017 - 08:28 PM, said:

Sadly, I must abandon my Directed Force putter. I committed to it for this season, but with a few weeks of golf left I just can't see continuing to use it because - I ordered the new 2.1!  Sounds like (after I got my measuring goof corrected - thanks William in Australia!) it gets built and maybe even shipped out tomorrow!

Looking forward to some comparisons and a lot of "testing" even though the season is going to get fickle pretty soon. And now I have a backup for early spring green conditions.

We had UPS recall the package one new one has already been sent at 35" thanks

Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#136 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

The adventure begins!

• 14,849 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 01:23 PM

View PostDirected Force Putters, on 29 September 2017 - 10:43 AM, said:

Noticed that (sorry I goofed on the original order) and superb customer service, by the way - don't get too many calls from Melbourne in the evening! William was a treat to visit with.

#137 SwingBlues

SwingBlues

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,226 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 02:06 PM

View PostHawkeye77, on 29 September 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Noticed that (sorry I goofed on the original order) and superb customer service, by the way - don't get too many calls from Melbourne in the evening! William was a treat to visit with.

Out of curiousity, the op for the putter is in Iowa and it sounds like the order was place in Melbourne, Australia with shipping to Iowa?

ps it perked my interest cause i am orignally from melbourne, australia...didn't know DF has dealers that far south of the equator :)

Edited by SwingBlues, 29 September 2017 - 02:07 PM.

#138 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 04:52 PM

View PostSean289, on 25 September 2017 - 04:12 PM, said:

Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#139 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 05:00 PM

Ok buster, that's an original ! lol it's all good we hear them all. Thanks for post😂🏌️
Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#140 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

The adventure begins!

• 14,849 posts
  •  

Posted 29 September 2017 - 07:26 PM

View PostSwingBlues, on 29 September 2017 - 02:06 PM, said:

View PostHawkeye77, on 29 September 2017 - 01:23 PM, said:

Out of curiousity, the op for the putter is in Iowa and it sounds like the order was place in Melbourne, Australia with shipping to Iowa?

ps it perked my interest cause i am orignally from melbourne, australia...didn't know DF has dealers that far south of the equator :)

LOL, the OP is Obee (like the sound of that)!

Order placed through the website, but I confused myself looking at emails from last year instead of just measuring my current DF. Left a voicemail that was returned by the owner who happened to be down under. Pretty cool.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#141 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:18 PM

View PostGamble Gamble, on 26 September 2017 - 07:23 PM, said:

Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#142 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:20 PM

Cutting down an inch would only change the effective lie relative to your fitting. But if you are soled out itís fine!
Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#143 Hawkeye77

Hawkeye77

The adventure begins!

• 14,849 posts
  •  

Posted 03 October 2017 - 08:28 PM

Received the new 2.1 today! Hope to give it a workout tomorrow, so will report on that if I get out.

There is a tiny red circular insert on top of the grip - is that just for assembly and may I remove it?

#144 GolfProTJ

GolfProTJ

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80665
  • Ebay ID:golfprotom
GolfWRX Likes : 70

Posted 03 October 2017 - 10:02 PM

I don't own a DFP yet but I'll say this, I'm going to pay full retail for it....I support his business plan & contributions he does for golf. Mr. Presse is so much more than putters, His work on epic drivers is legendary/fixed hosel to meet your loft & lie. Great putter maker but one of the best skilled craftsman left in golf!!! He is a great guy too!

#145 Hyrprymate

Hyrprymate

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 150101
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 04 October 2017 - 10:01 PM

3 rounds in and each has progressively improved!!!!  There is definitely something to these putters.  Can't wait to get a few more rounds in at different clubs in the next few days.

#146 osubuckeyes691

osubuckeyes691

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 50214
  • Handicap:1.4
GolfWRX Likes : 119

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

View PostDirected Force Putters, on 26 September 2017 - 04:46 PM, said:

Thank you! We worked hard to improve customer service and make sure you end up with a proper fit. When a barrel style grip is ready for production we will certainly reach out to this forum for beta testers �� Thanks again for the shout out ����

Ordered my DFP a few days ago and it is set to arrive on Tuesday! Can't wait to roll it. I would love to be a beta tester for the barrel grip when the time comes if possible!

I emailed back and forth with Bill about 20 times over the last week and he was nothing short of a pleasure to talk with. Answered all my questions in a very timely manner!

Can't wait to give it a run!
Taylormade M3 8.5* - Tensei Pro Orange 70TX
Taylormade 2016 M2 Deep Face 14* - Tensei Blue 90TX
Taylormade 790 UDI 2 Iron - Hzrdus Black 85g 6.5
Srixon 745 4-PW - KBS C Taper 130x softstepped 1x
Vokey 50* F Grind - KBS C Taper 130
Vokey Wedgeworks 54V grind - KBS C Taper 130
Vokey Wedgeworks 60K, low bounce - KBS C Taper 130
Evnroll 1.1 (yup...square bumpers!)

#147 Directed Force Putters

Directed Force Putters

• Sponsors
  • 75 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:50 AM

Thanks ! Have you had a chance to game it yet?
Directed Force Putters

www.directedforce.com

Social Media
Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
Follow us on Intstagram
Watch us on YouTube
Follow us on Pinterest

#148 osubuckeyes691

osubuckeyes691

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2017 - 05:11 AM

View PostDirected Force Putters, on 08 October 2017 - 12:50 AM, said:

Thanks ! Have you had a chance to game it yet?

Not yet! Should be here in a couple days. I'll gladly write some thoughts after I've given it a fair shake down

#149 golfsavvy

golfsavvy

Golfsavvy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 103884
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 08 October 2017 - 09:53 AM

Was always a good putter with the best mental attitude, but now when I putt with my DF I smile at the results!

#150 osubuckeyes691

osubuckeyes691

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  

Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:36 AM

Putter got delivered today! Planning to take it to the course as soon as I get home from work. I'll try to leave some thoughts after tonight's practice session!

Ordered 35.5" and 70*. It's slightly longer than most putters I have played but I feel comfortable a bit further away from the ball. We will see how it goes

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors