Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Baffler F6 that good?


100 replies to this topic

#91 armyhawk3342

armyhawk3342

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 463600
  • Joined: 04/15/2017
  • Location:Iowa
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 12 February 2018 - 01:28 AM

Hands down my favorite club in my bag. So versatile

Driver: Cobra King LTD (9*)
Wood: Cobra F6 Baffler (17.5)
Hybrid: Cobra F7 (22*)
Irons: Mizuno MP-15 (5-PW)
Wedges: Mizuno S5 Blue Ion (50*)
Cobra King Wedges V-Grind (54*, 58*)
Putter: Odyssey O-Works #9/ Taylormade TP Ardmore 2/ Nike Method Converge M1-08
Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane/Callaway Chromesoft X

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 mileslong

mileslong

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157401
  • Joined: 01/23/2012
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 12 February 2018 - 04:46 AM

Cobra has these on their outlet page, they only list the stock offering.  I have a 3/4 with chrome + so I really wanted the baffler with the same setup.  I called Cobra and asked if they would sell me one with the Chrome +.   I was told to purchase the stock set up and they would send me a chrome + with the grip I use MMC +4 midsize  for no additional charge, thats customer service!
Ping G400 9 Xtorsion 70X
Cobra F6 3-4 elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra F6 Baffler elements Chrome 7F4
Ping Ie1 4-GW KBS Tour
Ping Glide 2 Stealth 54 and 58 KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3

2

#93 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 12 February 2018 - 06:53 AM

Wow! I wanted to order one from there but didn’t want a second with the same shaft. Think I will call and say I use the Aldila Black shafts and see if I can get one like that as well.
Current Bag:

Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver TS 44.5"
Ping G 3w stock Alta Stiff 42.25
F6 Baffler 5w stock Matrix Stiff
Cobra Fly Z 4 hyb. 22* Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Cobra Forged TEC 5-PW CTL R flex
MD2 Tour 52* and 58* CTL R flex
PM Grind MD3 64* black CTL R flex
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

3

#94 HoosierHacker89

HoosierHacker89

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,935 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 99812
  • Joined: 12/07/2009
  • Location:Indiana
  • Ebay ID:Pinggolfer2007
GolfWRX Likes : 328

Posted 12 February 2018 - 11:01 AM

View Postmileslong, on 12 February 2018 - 04:46 AM, said:

Cobra has these on their outlet page, they only list the stock offering.  I have a 3/4 with chrome + so I really wanted the baffler with the same setup.  I called Cobra and asked if they would sell me one with the Chrome +.   I was told to purchase the stock set up and they would send me a chrome + with the grip I use MMC +4 midsize  for no additional charge, thats customer service!

I could have just got one new for the money I spent on mine being built. Life and learn.
Cobra f7+ 10.5 diamana whiteboard 63s
Cobra f7 15.5 diamana whiteboard 73s
Cobra f6 baffler 19 Matrix code 8
Bridgestone j38 3-P s300
Cleveland Rtx-3 52 tour raw, Rtx 2.0 58 Black satin
Ping redwood anser

4

#95 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 12 February 2018 - 09:40 PM

I called and asked but got shot down. The reason they sent you the shaft separate is because the  affords are in a different location as stock setups and they don’t have anymore heads at the custom shop to build. So they sent you the full club and then sent you a shaft from the other location. They didn’t  extend that offer to me though.

I played 18 the other day and hit the baffler 9 times. The only other clubs with that kind of play time is my driver, putter and 64* wedge. Loving this club. Sucks off the tee though. But stick it in some wet thick stuff and the ball just goes. My 64* is my get out of jail around the greens and this is my get out of jail everywhere else.

Current Bag:

Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver TS 44.5"
Ping G 3w stock Alta Stiff 42.25
F6 Baffler 5w stock Matrix Stiff
Cobra Fly Z 4 hyb. 22* Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Cobra Forged TEC 5-PW CTL R flex
MD2 Tour 52* and 58* CTL R flex
PM Grind MD3 64* black CTL R flex
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

5

#96 Justapitchandaputt

Justapitchandaputt

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228335
  • Joined: 02/11/2013
  • Location:Australia
  • Handicap:+0.7
GolfWRX Likes : 100

Posted 13 February 2018 - 12:04 AM

View PostBelmont148, on 12 February 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

I called and asked but got shot down. The reason they sent you the shaft separate is because the  affords are in a different location as stock setups and they don’t have anymore heads at the custom shop to build. So they sent you the full club and then sent you a shaft from the other location. They didn’t  extend that offer to me though.

I played 18 the other day and hit the baffler 9 times. The only other clubs with that kind of play time is my driver, putter and 64* wedge. Loving this club. Sucks off the tee though. But stick it in some wet thick stuff and the ball just goes. My 64* is my get out of jail around the greens and this is my get out of jail everywhere else.

I don’t play mine off a tee. Give it a try. Worked for me, can hit any shot I want with it off the deck

6

#97 mileslong

mileslong

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157401
  • Joined: 01/23/2012
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 35

Posted 13 February 2018 - 04:38 AM

Thats exactly how it happened, all of their outlet products are in a different location so they couldn't just grab me a head and install the chrome + on it before shipping.  It doesn't appear that Cobra is continuing to offer the Chrome + as an upgrade maybe they were happy to get another one out the door. Either way I must have found a rep in a good mood, guess I got lucky, maybe its pay back for all the Cobra products I've bought off the shelf.
Ping G400 9 Xtorsion 70X
Cobra F6 3-4 elements Chrome 7F4
Cobra F6 Baffler elements Chrome 7F4
Ping Ie1 4-GW KBS Tour
Ping Glide 2 Stealth 54 and 58 KBS Tour
Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #3

7

#98 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 13 February 2018 - 06:43 AM

View PostJustapitchandaputt, on 13 February 2018 - 12:04 AM, said:

View PostBelmont148, on 12 February 2018 - 09:40 PM, said:

I called and asked but got shot down. The reason they sent you the shaft separate is because the  affords are in a different location as stock setups and they don’t have anymore heads at the custom shop to build. So they sent you the full club and then sent you a shaft from the other location. They didn’t  extend that offer to me though.

I played 18 the other day and hit the baffler 9 times. The only other clubs with that kind of play time is my driver, putter and 64* wedge. Loving this club. Sucks off the tee though. But stick it in some wet thick stuff and the ball just goes. My 64* is my get out of jail around the greens and this is my get out of jail everywhere else.

I don’t play mine off a tee. Give it a try. Worked for me, can hit any shot I want with it off the deck

Yeah, that’s what I found with mine. I have moved it back as my 5W and added a 3W back in the bag. 17.5* with this thing and it’s like hitting a wedge out the rough. I’ve tried to hit it fat and it still goes 85%.
Current Bag:

Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver TS 44.5"
Ping G 3w stock Alta Stiff 42.25
F6 Baffler 5w stock Matrix Stiff
Cobra Fly Z 4 hyb. 22* Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Cobra Forged TEC 5-PW CTL R flex
MD2 Tour 52* and 58* CTL R flex
PM Grind MD3 64* black CTL R flex
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

8

#99 rmgatl

rmgatl

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151923
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 13 February 2018 - 10:56 PM

Just picked one up used.  Have tried a few settings, but currently my only fw set at 16 degrees.  It's really wet here this time of year, baffler is terrific on soft conditions.  No point in carrying my dymo quad keel 13 degree 3+ right now.  We'll see when it drys out...the 13 can reach par 5s with roll, like a fw driver.  OTOH I've thrown away strokes before by hitting stray fw shots...a lot to be said for knowing where it's going.  I don't really need a long fw off the tee...hitting driver straight enough.

My driver ss is 105 and while the stock red tie stiff feels a smidgen light, it's not breaking down.  I play it a couple inches back of my usual 3 wood ball position and hit it dead straight. Might try a slightly heavier shaft or leave well enough alone.

I wish I had a 3+ I felt that good about from the fairway.  The dymo quad keel 3+ is inexplicably good for me when it's dry.  Maybe the F8+ is better.  A lot of the magic is the shorter shaft length though and F8+ is 43".  I wish they made a roughly 13-14 degree baffler at 42" length.

Edited by rmgatl, 13 February 2018 - 11:28 PM.


9

#100 Belmont148

Belmont148

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 474430
  • Joined: 07/10/2017
  • Location:Carolinas
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 228

Posted 14 February 2018 - 06:34 AM

View Postrmgatl, on 13 February 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

Just picked one up used.  Have tried a few settings, but currently my only fw set at 16 degrees.  It's really wet here this time of year, baffler is terrific on soft conditions.  No point in carrying my dymo quad keel 13 degree 3+ right now.  We'll see when it drys out...the 13 can reach par 5s with roll, like a fw driver.  OTOH I've thrown away strokes before by hitting stray fw shots...a lot to be said for knowing where it's going.  I don't really need a long fw off the tee...hitting driver straight enough.

My driver ss is 105 and while the stock red tie stiff feels a smidgen light, it's not breaking down.  I play it a couple inches back of my usual 3 wood ball position and hit it dead straight. Might try a slightly heavier shaft or leave well enough alone.

I wish I had a 3+ I felt that good about from the fairway.  The dymo quad keel 3+ is inexplicably good for me when it's dry.  Maybe the F8+ is better.  A lot of the magic is the shorter shaft length though and F8+ is 43".  I wish they made a roughly 13-14 degree baffler at 42" length.

Shorten the F8+ and you have a 3/4 baffler.

Current Bag:

Cobra F7+ Driver 10.5 Aldila Rogue 125 Silver TS 44.5"
Ping G 3w stock Alta Stiff 42.25
F6 Baffler 5w stock Matrix Stiff
Cobra Fly Z 4 hyb. 22* Aldila Rogue 85H R flex
Cobra Forged TEC 5-PW CTL R flex
MD2 Tour 52* and 58* CTL R flex
PM Grind MD3 64* black CTL R flex
Scotty Studio Stainless Newport 2

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 rmgatl

rmgatl

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 151923
  • Joined: 12/22/2011
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 14 February 2018 - 08:26 AM

View PostBelmont148, on 14 February 2018 - 06:34 AM, said:

View Postrmgatl, on 13 February 2018 - 10:56 PM, said:

Just picked one up used.  Have tried a few settings, but currently my only fw set at 16 degrees.  It's really wet here this time of year, baffler is terrific on soft conditions.  No point in carrying my dymo quad keel 13 degree 3+ right now.  We'll see when it drys out...the 13 can reach par 5s with roll, like a fw driver.  OTOH I've thrown away strokes before by hitting stray fw shots...a lot to be said for knowing where it's going.  I don't really need a long fw off the tee...hitting driver straight enough.

My driver ss is 105 and while the stock red tie stiff feels a smidgen light, it's not breaking down.  I play it a couple inches back of my usual 3 wood ball position and hit it dead straight. Might try a slightly heavier shaft or leave well enough alone.

I wish I had a 3+ I felt that good about from the fairway.  The dymo quad keel 3+ is inexplicably good for me when it's dry.  Maybe the F8+ is better.  A lot of the magic is the shorter shaft length though and F8+ is 43".  I wish they made a roughly 13-14 degree baffler at 42" length.

Shorten the F8+ and you have a 3/4 baffler.
Unfortunately I've had limited success shortening clubs...not one club out of about 40-50 in my three bags plus laying in my trunk are shorter than standard.  I use lead tape routinely, special head wts, heavier shafts etc I'm 6'4" 235 and tend to play over standard length partly to achieve proper heft.  Cutting down clubs always seems to change the character of the club for me in a bad way. The F6 baffler is designed short and works well.

Edited by rmgatl, 14 February 2018 - 08:29 PM.


11



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors