Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Cut Golf Co


161 replies to this topic

#31 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1021

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:39 PM

View Postbubbagumpshrimp, on 28 May 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostBB28403, on 26 May 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Ugh their balls are made in China.  Any balls made in America ?

That ball (and Snell, Cut, etc.) are priced where they are because they are NOT made in 'Murica.  People love "Made in America," but they do not want to pay for it.
Titleist (Massachusetts), Callaway (Massachusetts), Bridgestone (Georgia) and TaylorMade (South Carolina) all produce golf balls in the USA. So yes people are willing to pay for them.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#32 jacot23

jacot23

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,214 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416344
  • Joined: 03/17/2016
  • Location:Middle Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:jacot23
GolfWRX Likes : 955

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:42 PM

View Postgrm24, on 31 May 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Postbubbagumpshrimp, on 28 May 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostBB28403, on 26 May 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Ugh their balls are made in China.  Any balls made in America ?

That ball (and Snell, Cut, etc.) are priced where they are because they are NOT made in 'Murica.  People love "Made in America," but they do not want to pay for it.
Titleist (Massachusetts), Callaway (Massachusetts), Bridgestone (Georgia) and TaylorMade (South Carolina) all produce golf balls in the USA. So yes people are willing to pay for them.


Hmm, this might make me switch back to Bridgestone. Any idea where Srixons are made?
Mizuno JPX-900 Driver Graphite Design Nano Reloaded S flex 44.75"
Callaway X2Hot 17* fairway
Adams Tight Lies 3&4 hybrid
Cobra King F7 irons 4-PW
Vokey SM6 50*& 56*(raw) wedges
34" Machine M2 Converter Aluminum Bronze w/center shaft hosel,
Steelfiber i110 S flex tipped 2.5",
Winn mid size pistol grip.

WITB

2

#33 grm24

grm24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,449 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4801
  • Joined: 08/09/2005
  • Location:Western PA
GolfWRX Likes : 1021

Posted 31 May 2017 - 07:57 PM

View Postjacot23, on 31 May 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 31 May 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Postbubbagumpshrimp, on 28 May 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostBB28403, on 26 May 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Ugh their balls are made in China.  Any balls made in America ?

That ball (and Snell, Cut, etc.) are priced where they are because they are NOT made in 'Murica.  People love "Made in America," but they do not want to pay for it.
Titleist (Massachusetts), Callaway (Massachusetts), Bridgestone (Georgia) and TaylorMade (South Carolina) all produce golf balls in the USA. So yes people are willing to pay for them.


Hmm, this might make me switch back to Bridgestone. Any idea where Srixons are made?
Appears to be different places in Asia. On my Z-Star and Q-Star sample packs they say made in Indonesia. I also have a dozen of XXIO Aerospin balls and they were made in Japan.

3

#34 Buzzkill

Buzzkill

    Hall of Fame

  • Marshals
  • 5,304 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40610
  • Joined: 10/09/2007
  • Location:Colorado Springs, CO
  • Handicap:3

Posted 31 May 2017 - 08:41 PM

View PostBuzzkill, on 30 May 2017 - 06:30 PM, said:

Just got my trial pack today!

Attachment P1040386.JPG

Just play 9 holes today with them - nice performance ball.  I'll have to admit though that they're a little too clicky plus I'm not fond of the bright white color.  I prefer the Ksig over them BUT they're still a great ball!
M2 driver, 3 wood & 4 hybrid
P790 irons 5 thru AW
Milled grind 56/13
Spider tour black putter

WITB

4

#35 hardcorelooper

hardcorelooper

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446740
  • Joined: 11/18/2016
  • Location:Richmond, VA
  • Handicap:7.1
GolfWRX Likes : 14

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

I've been happy with my trial of the Cut blues.  It's not going to bring about world peace like the KSig, but if you are someone who insists upon playing brand new balls but does not want to pay > $40 / dozen (is this a market?) then you should check out this ball.  

The distance throughout the bag is consistent with the Pro V1X that I usually play.  Nice feel around and on the greens.  Spins and holds similar to the Pro V1X.  I use a soft insert in my putter, so the clicky feel does not bother me much.

As others have said, it is blindingly white.  I prefer balls that aren't optic white, but not so much that I wouldn't play these again.

I have hundreds of gently used Pro Vs (both flavors) in my garage, so I really don't buy balls all that often.  But if I insisted on new balls for all rounds, I'd strongly consider the Cut blue.


5

#36 bubbagumpshrimp

bubbagumpshrimp

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 580 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 433366
  • Joined: 07/20/2016
  • Location:Virginia
GolfWRX Likes : 254

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:04 AM

View Postgrm24, on 31 May 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Postbubbagumpshrimp, on 28 May 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostBB28403, on 26 May 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Ugh their balls are made in China.  Any balls made in America ?

That ball (and Snell, Cut, etc.) are priced where they are because they are NOT made in 'Murica.  People love "Made in America," but they do not want to pay for it.
Titleist (Massachusetts), Callaway (Massachusetts), Bridgestone (Georgia) and TaylorMade (South Carolina) all produce golf balls in the USA. So yes people are willing to pay for them.

Companies (ex. Titleist) tend to make their higher end balls in the U.S. and their budget models abroad.  If someone wants to spend $30+/box for balls...it's not going to be hard to find one that has the Made in U.S.A label.

Discussed here, among other places.
http://madeinusastuf...a-titleist.html

Back to my original point...the proliferation of budget balls is due to the fact that the vast majority of people want cheap stuff...they don't really care where it comes from.

6

#37 BB28403

BB28403

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 05 June 2017 - 07:30 PM

Hold on, did you say cheap stuff? Don't tease me.

7

#38 dtc0207

dtc0207

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77230
  • Joined: 03/11/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:05 PM

So I think my trial sleeve must have been a dude.  I tried the 4pc.  Started off great good distance and stuck very hard greens.  My problem was after about 7 holes I noticed the the distance to be a club shorter put a new ball in play and boom distance was corrected.  After the round I took the two balls I used during round and one new one and hit pw from 150 the new one no problem getting on green two used one 10-15 yards shorter. I tried this three times and same results with in 5 yards every time. I have never seen a ball wear down this quick so I reckon I will stay pro v1

Edited by dtc0207, 10 June 2017 - 07:07 PM.


8

#39 Geaux Gators

Geaux Gators

    GEAUX GATORS

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,387 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 250880
  • Joined: 05/16/2013
  • Location:Lake City, FL
  • Handicap:5.6
GolfWRX Likes : 771

Posted 11 June 2017 - 06:03 AM

View Postjacot23, on 31 May 2017 - 07:42 PM, said:

View Postgrm24, on 31 May 2017 - 07:39 PM, said:

View Postbubbagumpshrimp, on 28 May 2017 - 05:34 PM, said:

View PostBB28403, on 26 May 2017 - 11:54 PM, said:

Ugh their balls are made in China.  Any balls made in America ?

That ball (and Snell, Cut, etc.) are priced where they are because they are NOT made in 'Murica.  People love "Made in America," but they do not want to pay for it.
Titleist (Massachusetts), Callaway (Massachusetts), Bridgestone (Georgia) and TaylorMade (South Carolina) all produce golf balls in the USA. So yes people are willing to pay for them.


Hmm, this might make me switch back to Bridgestone. Any idea where Srixons are made?

Srixon (Sumotumo rubber I think) is a Japanese brand... They are all made in Asian factories.   Bridgestone, also japanese, now makes balls here, which was quite strange.
Ping G400 LST Aldila Aldila Tour Blue X
Ping i25 3w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 5w Aldila Rogue Silver 70 3.1 S
Ping i25 19* hybrid Aldila Tour Blue S
Ping iBlades Blue Dot Project X 6.0 5-W (power spec)
Ping Glide 2.0 48/52/56
Ping Tyne
Srixon Z-Star
Bushnell Tour X

9

#40 joeshmo

joeshmo

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100882
  • Joined: 12/27/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 308

Posted 15 June 2017 - 01:32 AM

View Postdtc0207, on 10 June 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

So I think my trial sleeve must have been a dude.  I tried the 4pc.  Started off great good distance and stuck very hard greens.  My problem was after about 7 holes I noticed the the distance to be a club shorter put a new ball in play and boom distance was corrected.  After the round I took the two balls I used during round and one new one and hit pw from 150 the new one no problem getting on green two used one 10-15 yards shorter. I tried this three times and same results with in 5 yards every time. I have never seen a ball wear down this quick so I reckon I will stay pro v1

First time I have heard this since Balata balls

Talent is the desire to practice

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#41 BB28403

BB28403

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 772 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 369711
  • Joined: 04/06/2015
  • Location:Wilmington, NC
GolfWRX Likes : 172

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:05 AM

View Postttucliffhanger, on 20 June 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

View Postdtc0207, on 10 June 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

So I think my trial sleeve must have been a dude.  I tried the 4pc.  Started off great good distance and stuck very hard greens.  My problem was after about 7 holes I noticed the the distance to be a club shorter put a new ball in play and boom distance was corrected.  After the round I took the two balls I used during round and one new one and hit pw from 150 the new one no problem getting on green two used one 10-15 yards shorter. I tried this three times and same results with in 5 yards every time. I have never seen a ball wear down this quick so I reckon I will stay pro v1
Hey I messaged you bc the Management asked me to message u to get u some replacements.

This is the Factory.  Is anyone out there?  Just nod if you can hear me.  Is anyone home?


11

#42 shuddleston

shuddleston

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132450
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:AR
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

ordered a dozen to try out. looking forward to it.
9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Itobori Black Copper Blades w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
Itobori Custom Grind 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

12

#43 JBent9610

JBent9610

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 24311
  • Joined: 01/20/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 54

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:21 PM

View Postttucliffhanger, on 20 June 2017 - 11:58 PM, said:

View Postdtc0207, on 10 June 2017 - 07:05 PM, said:

So I think my trial sleeve must have been a dude.  I tried the 4pc.  Started off great good distance and stuck very hard greens.  My problem was after about 7 holes I noticed the the distance to be a club shorter put a new ball in play and boom distance was corrected.  After the round I took the two balls I used during round and one new one and hit pw from 150 the new one no problem getting on green two used one 10-15 yards shorter. I tried this three times and same results with in 5 yards every time. I have never seen a ball wear down this quick so I reckon I will stay pro v1
Hey I messaged you bc the Management asked me to message u to get u some replacements.

You went from first hearing about them on THP and being skeptical about the subscription thing to management having you get people replacements? That escalated quickly. Well done, you!
Adams Fast 12LS 10.5°
Adams Super LS 18°
Cleveland Halo 19°, 22°
Callaway X-20 5-PW
Ping ISI W2
Snake Eyes 685BX 54°, 60°
Odyssey WHP 2-Ball

13

#44 shuddleston

shuddleston

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132450
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:AR
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:38 PM

Dozen blues arrived today. Playing a round Friday with these and the vice balls.
9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Itobori Black Copper Blades w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
Itobori Custom Grind 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

14

#45 dnalepoca

dnalepoca

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449872
  • Joined: 12/26/2016
  • Handicap:18.1
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:51 PM

Playing 18 in the morning with the blues. Already played some with the trial sleeve I got. These things are sweet!

Callaway GBB Alpha 815
King Cobra F Speed Hyper Steel 5 wood
Mizuno Fli Hi 3 iron 21*
Wilson X/31 Plus 4-PW
Mizuno MP-T11 52* & 56*
Northwestern Gary Player Tour Choice 60*
Odyssey Versa #1
Cut Golf Co Blue and Callaway Chrome Soft

15

#46 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 29 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

View Postttucliffhanger, on 28 June 2017 - 10:38 PM, said:

View Postshuddleston, on 26 June 2017 - 11:38 PM, said:

Dozen blues arrived today. Playing a round Friday with these and the vice balls.
I found a Vice Pro the other day and played it for a few holes. Didn't like it. Cut Blue is a better ball, hands down!

View Postdnalepoca, on 26 June 2017 - 11:51 PM, said:

Playing 18 in the morning with the blues. Already played some with the trial sleeve I got. These things are sweet!
Money well spent! They are worth every penny!

Why don't they come out with a yellow premium ball?

16

#47 PuttCurseRepeat

PuttCurseRepeat

    It's a ball mark repair tool. Use it!

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 397914
  • Joined: 09/30/2015
  • Location:Chicago Western 'Burbs
GolfWRX Likes : 465

Posted 29 June 2017 - 09:42 AM

cut.jpg
My gosh, what's wrong with me?  I don't know if it's the script used on the ball, but when I look at it, for a moment I see...  Can't say it. :fie:

Please change the script.

Edited by PuttCurseRepeat, 29 June 2017 - 09:47 AM.


17

#48 Markboots

Markboots

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 191632
  • Joined: 07/11/2012
  • Location:SF
GolfWRX Likes : 13

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:06 AM

I asked them about a matte finish ball in different colors.  Not something coming soon but something they are considering.  Feel free to send them emails on the subject to hopefully move the idea into production faster : )
Drivers - 10.5 Taylormade SLDR TP 430; 10.5 Geek DCT HOF Platinum; 9.5 Callaway Optiforce HOF Platinum
Irons - Yonex Ezone XP with EX300 Graphite Stiff flex
Putter - Xenon Golf Handmade kUtlus
Ball - Vice Pro
Bag - Mizuno Comp Stand Bag

18

#49 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 29 June 2017 - 11:50 AM

View PostMarkboots, on 29 June 2017 - 11:06 AM, said:

I asked them about a matte finish ball in different colors.  Not something coming soon but something they are considering.  Feel free to send them emails on the subject to hopefully move the idea into production faster : )

done

19

#50 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

Did they change the trial format? I don't see anything about cancelling anymore.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#51 weezel514

weezel514

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 37602
  • Joined: 08/18/2007
  • Location:Orlando, FL
GolfWRX Likes : 7

Posted 03 July 2017 - 12:10 AM

View Postalexdub, on 10 April 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

I ordered the 4 piece trial sleeve as well. $6.50 out the door to try something new is a bargain. I'll post a review as soon as I get them out.

Same here.  Pretty excited.

21

#52 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 03 July 2017 - 08:53 AM

View Postttucliffhanger, on 01 July 2017 - 10:41 PM, said:

View Posttheedge27, on 29 June 2017 - 12:39 PM, said:

Did they change the trial format? I don't see anything about cancelling anymore.
So just messaged Management about your question and as far as the trial format, you can order trial sleeves or buy the dozen and it doesn't sign you up for the subscription.

Awesome, thanks for your time. Just ordered a sleeve to take on my golf trip.

22

#53 shuddleston

shuddleston

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 862 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 132450
  • Joined: 07/06/2011
  • Location:AR
GolfWRX Likes : 120

Posted 03 July 2017 - 05:55 PM

I actually liked the vice balls much better. Cut balls were a little more inconsistent spin and distance wise for me.
9.5* GBB Epic w/ RT Technologies Zeus 75g
16.5* Tour Issue TaylorMade M2 w/ RT Technologies Zeus 85g
20* Itobori Hybrid w/ RT Technologies Midas 98g
Itobori Black Copper Blades w/ AMT DG X100 4-PW
Itobori Custom Grind 51* & 56* w/ AMT DG X100
MannKrafted Yaupon
Vice Force Stand Bag
Vice Pro Plus

23

#54 Newbs24

Newbs24

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57914
  • Joined: 06/13/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 06 July 2017 - 07:23 AM

Play a Cut Blue last night in our league... Seemed very consistent all around... Played every bit as long and true as a ProV1X to me... Not as soft off the putter but still was rolling true... Liked it

24

#55 venturagolfer87

venturagolfer87

    Golfing is harder with a fro.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42595
  • Joined: 11/22/2007
  • Location:Ventura, California
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 06 July 2017 - 08:02 PM

I've purchased two trial sleeves (first trial sleeve didn't last too long thanks to my bad case of the lefts I've had lately).  Comparing these to TP5 and QStar Tour to see which ball will live in my bag for the rest of the season.  I agree with what others have said: performs just as good as a tour ball from tee to green....ALTHOUGH, I played in a scramble for my wedding on a course with fast, but receptive greens, and for whatever reason, I just couldn't get these things to stop within reason on any shot inside of 70 yards.  I even hit the same shot side by side with a QST, 67 yards, hit a low punch with my 54* (one of my favorite shots in golf).  The Cut ball landed about a yard short of hole high, one bounce, a little check, and then rolled out about 5 feet.  When I hit the shot with the QST, quality of strike, tempo, etc was all pretty much the same.  The QST landed maybe a touch further, but after a small hop, it stopped dead in its tracks.  I didn't hit shots side by side for the entire round, but the Cut ball running out more than I'm used to happened at least four times during the round.  Also, this didn't really affect performance but is worth noting:  The ball felt heavier than a normal ball at impact, particularly with the driver.  Maybe that could be interpreted as having a firm feel, but I've played with firmer feeling balls recently (TP5x, Chrome Soft X) and they didn't have the same heavy feel.  Again, didn't impact performance, as I was in my normal spots on the course.

WITB (pics)
Fly-Z+ 9.5, Speed Rulz A-60
'17 M2 3HL, Speed Rulz A-70
'17 M1 3 iron, Modus 120

F6 Hybrid, S+ 80
MP-62 5-PW, PX LZ
Engage SS 50/TS 54/TS 58
Rife Iconic Vault #1
Q-Star Tour/Cut Blue

25

#56 dnalepoca

dnalepoca

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 449872
  • Joined: 12/26/2016
  • Handicap:18.1
GolfWRX Likes : 23

Posted 06 July 2017 - 11:09 PM

I really enjoy these balls but I'm not finding them to be the most durable ball I've ever played. I feel like they get scuffed up pretty easily with a wedge. Still gonna game them though as they are the best performing ball I've found for myself and you just can't beat the price
Callaway GBB Alpha 815
King Cobra F Speed Hyper Steel 5 wood
Mizuno Fli Hi 3 iron 21*
Wilson X/31 Plus 4-PW
Mizuno MP-T11 52* & 56*
Northwestern Gary Player Tour Choice 60*
Odyssey Versa #1
Cut Golf Co Blue and Callaway Chrome Soft

26

#57 venturagolfer87

venturagolfer87

    Golfing is harder with a fro.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42595
  • Joined: 11/22/2007
  • Location:Ventura, California
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 13 July 2017 - 01:51 AM

View Postttucliffhanger, on 12 July 2017 - 10:40 PM, said:

View Postventuragolfer87, on 06 July 2017 - 08:02 PM, said:

I've purchased two trial sleeves (first trial sleeve didn't last too long thanks to my bad case of the lefts I've had lately).  Comparing these to TP5 and QStar Tour to see which ball will live in my bag for the rest of the season.  I agree with what others have said: performs just as good as a tour ball from tee to green....ALTHOUGH, I played in a scramble for my wedding on a course with fast, but receptive greens, and for whatever reason, I just couldn't get these things to stop within reason on any shot inside of 70 yards.  I even hit the same shot side by side with a QST, 67 yards, hit a low punch with my 54* (one of my favorite shots in golf).  The Cut ball landed about a yard short of hole high, one bounce, a little check, and then rolled out about 5 feet.  When I hit the shot with the QST, quality of strike, tempo, etc was all pretty much the same.  The QST landed maybe a touch further, but after a small hop, it stopped dead in its tracks.  I didn't hit shots side by side for the entire round, but the Cut ball running out more than I'm used to happened at least four times during the round.  Also, this didn't really affect performance but is worth noting:  The ball felt heavier than a normal ball at impact, particularly with the driver.  Maybe that could be interpreted as having a firm feel, but I've played with firmer feeling balls recently (TP5x, Chrome Soft X) and they didn't have the same heavy feel.  Again, didn't impact performance, as I was in my normal spots on the course.
Were u playing the Cut Blue or White?

Both times, I ordered the Blue.
WITB (pics)
Fly-Z+ 9.5, Speed Rulz A-60
'17 M2 3HL, Speed Rulz A-70
'17 M1 3 iron, Modus 120

F6 Hybrid, S+ 80
MP-62 5-PW, PX LZ
Engage SS 50/TS 54/TS 58
Rife Iconic Vault #1
Q-Star Tour/Cut Blue

27

#58 venturagolfer87

venturagolfer87

    Golfing is harder with a fro.

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,247 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42595
  • Joined: 11/22/2007
  • Location:Ventura, California
  • Handicap:5.9
GolfWRX Likes : 114

Posted 13 July 2017 - 02:02 AM

View Postttucliffhanger, on 13 July 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

That's really odd about the rollout. I haven't used the QST but I've seen a lot of spin with the Blue.

Outside of about 70-75 yards, it behaved exactly how the aforementioned big name balls performed. Low spin with the driver, and strangely, pretty much one hop and stop with the irons. I'll be trying them for one more round before I make my final decision
WITB (pics)
Fly-Z+ 9.5, Speed Rulz A-60
'17 M2 3HL, Speed Rulz A-70
'17 M1 3 iron, Modus 120

F6 Hybrid, S+ 80
MP-62 5-PW, PX LZ
Engage SS 50/TS 54/TS 58
Rife Iconic Vault #1
Q-Star Tour/Cut Blue

28

#59 Tanner25

Tanner25

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,243 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
  • Joined: 01/18/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 283

Posted 13 July 2017 - 06:57 AM

View Postttucliffhanger, on 13 July 2017 - 02:04 AM, said:

View Postventuragolfer87, on 13 July 2017 - 02:02 AM, said:

View Postttucliffhanger, on 13 July 2017 - 01:54 AM, said:

That's really odd about the rollout. I haven't used the QST but I've seen a lot of spin with the Blue.

Outside of about 70-75 yards, it behaved exactly how the aforementioned big name balls performed. Low spin with the driver, and strangely, pretty much one hop and stop with the irons. I'll be trying them for one more round before I make my final decision
Gotcha. I love them. I am a huge Srixon Fan but tried these and got to know the owner pretty well so have a personal relationship with him and they are a great price. I'm all about the small dog!

If you're that close to the owner, let him know about the need for a yellow 3 piece and 4 piece yellow ball. It is not a crowded market. White premium, plenty crowded. It has to be a nice yellow too. Like Srixon, Callaway etc. Not a kind of yellow like Wilson Duo or Project A. I have emailed them per your suggestion.

Edited by Tanner25, 13 July 2017 - 06:59 AM.


29

#60 spartanglfr

spartanglfr

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 52836
  • Joined: 04/02/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 13 July 2017 - 08:21 AM

View PostPuttCurseRepeat, on 29 June 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:

Attachment cut.jpg
My gosh, what's wrong with me?  I don't know if it's the script used on the ball, but when I look at it, for a moment I see...  Can't say it. :fie:

Please change the script.

View PostPuttCurseRepeat, on 29 June 2017 - 09:42 AM, said:


Attachment cut.jpg
My gosh, what's wrong with me?  I don't know if it's the script used on the ball, but when I look at it, for a moment I see...  Can't say it. :fie:

Please change the script.

The first time I saw the script was on your post.  I will never be able to look at the script without thinking of your observation.....

Edited by spartanglfr, 13 July 2017 - 08:23 AM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors