Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

OnCore ELIXR


41 replies to this topic

#1 TheGriftKings

TheGriftKings

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428822
  • Joined: 06/12/2016
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 13 March 2017 - 01:58 PM

OnCore's just released their new tour ball, the ELIXR...anybody play it yet?  I'm in a winter climate so it'll be a while...

I really liked their Avant in the testing I did - it was nearly identical on the launch monitor next to B330-RX and NXT Tour for me.  Therefore I'm curious about the launch of a "tour" ball.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 JohnKHawk

JohnKHawk

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293091
  • Joined: 01/22/2014
  • Location:Pa.
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:14 PM

They are on my list to try. I have some of the "Caliber" golf balls they make & although they do go straighter they don't seem to carry as far as my Bridgestone E6.

2

#3 TheGriftKings

TheGriftKings

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428822
  • Joined: 06/12/2016
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 14 March 2017 - 08:38 AM

Yeah the Caliber were super straight but not built for distance so they didn't work for me. However I was genuinely surprised at how nice the Avant ball was. Also, my local driving range just changed their ball to the Avant and I love hitting a softer (think NXT Tour) range ball besides the Rock Flites they had previously.

The ELIXR looks interesting based on how well the Avant did, so they could be on to something.

Edited by TheGriftKings, 14 March 2017 - 08:38 AM.


3

#4 Ace2000

Ace2000

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455698
  • Joined: 02/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:08 PM

Heads up! -- Go to this link and enter in some information to be fit to a ball. Then, they will send you a free sleeve (pay $3.99 for shipping). Just got my ELIXR pack! :fan_1:


http://discover.onco...om/ball-fitting
DRIVER - Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5*D, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, stiff, SuperStroke S-Tech grip
3 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 70, stiff, Lamkin Exotics grip
4 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, regular, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip
3 HYBRID - Adams Pro 20*, Aldila Tour Red, stiff, Adams grip
4 IRON-PW -
Posted Image Rocketbladez Tour, KBS C-Taper Lite S, stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize grips
GW - MacGregor VIP Black 52* (Vers. 1, conforming), 6* bounce, MacGregor shaft, Medalist grip
SW -
Posted Image Tour Preferred ATV 56*, KBS Tour-V, Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip
PUTTER - Odyssey White Ice 330 Mallet
GLOVE - MG DynaGrip / MG DynaGrip Elite
BALL -
Srixon Z-Star / Posted Image TP5X
BAG - Nike Air Hybrid Carry II bag (Navy/Blue)
SHOES - Nike Lunar Control 3 (Black), Nike FI Premiere (Gray), Nike FI Premiere (Black), Nike Air Zoom Rival 4 (White), Nike Lunar Control 4 (White/Crimson)

4

#5 phil75070

phil75070

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
  • Location:North Texas - 32m North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 14 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

I had a chance to test and review both the Caliber and Avant. I didn't like the sound, feel or distance of the Caliber. Both I and fellow golfer I gave a sleeve to test both found the Avant to be a decent ball but low launching in comparison to what we both normally play. The Elixir sounds intriguing but there are any number of "Tour Performance" balls out the for less than $40/dz (Snell and Vice to just name a couple).


5

#6 Ace2000

Ace2000

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455698
  • Joined: 02/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 14 March 2017 - 02:45 PM

View Postphil75070, on 14 March 2017 - 01:59 PM, said:

I had a chance to test and review both the Caliber and Avant. I didn't like the sound, feel or distance of the Caliber. Both I and fellow golfer I gave a sleeve to test both found the Avant to be a decent ball but low launching in comparison to what we both normally play. The Elixir sounds intriguing but there are any number of "Tour Performance" balls out the for less than $40/dz (Snell and Vice to just name a couple).

Don't forget the Kirkland!! :offtopic: :tease: :D  In seriousness though, you do have a point. I'm hoping they perform very well. I did get emailed a 25% off coupon after my "free" order today, which brings the price down to a competitive $30.
DRIVER - Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5*D, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, stiff, SuperStroke S-Tech grip
3 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 70, stiff, Lamkin Exotics grip
4 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, regular, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip
3 HYBRID - Adams Pro 20*, Aldila Tour Red, stiff, Adams grip
4 IRON-PW -
Posted Image Rocketbladez Tour, KBS C-Taper Lite S, stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize grips
GW - MacGregor VIP Black 52* (Vers. 1, conforming), 6* bounce, MacGregor shaft, Medalist grip
SW -
Posted Image Tour Preferred ATV 56*, KBS Tour-V, Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip
PUTTER - Odyssey White Ice 330 Mallet
GLOVE - MG DynaGrip / MG DynaGrip Elite
BALL -
Srixon Z-Star / Posted Image TP5X
BAG - Nike Air Hybrid Carry II bag (Navy/Blue)
SHOES - Nike Lunar Control 3 (Black), Nike FI Premiere (Gray), Nike FI Premiere (Black), Nike Air Zoom Rival 4 (White), Nike Lunar Control 4 (White/Crimson)

6

#7 Dmedeiros24

Dmedeiros24

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 459064
  • Joined: 03/15/2017
  • Location:Rhode Island
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 March 2017 - 09:04 AM

I have played the Elixir a few times now. It is a great ball at an even better price. I used to play the ProV1x, the Snell, and the Vice Pro and Pro Plus. The Elixir beats them all. I also love the Avant. The ball is unreal. I can make it stop pretty much where it lands and it has exceptional distance for such a soft feeling ball. I agree with one of the other folks on here that says the Avant is similar to the NXT Tour. The Elixir is as good as any premium ball out there. You have to give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Edited by Dmedeiros24, 15 March 2017 - 11:31 AM.


7

#8 MGWP

MGWP

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 501 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3984
  • Joined: 07/31/2005
  • Location:texarkana,ar
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

I was very impressed with the ball.
Played it for 36 holes in Tucson, nice day but with a good breeze.
The ball was very stable in the wind, did not soar into the wind and held its line very well in cross winds.
Distance was like playing my regular ball of choice...The latest Nike Platinum Rzn but also was comparable off the tee with some Titliests I was carrying to compare.

The most impressive factor was the ability of the ball to maintain air time into the breeze where by I was very comfortable with distance control into demanding greens...was playing Dove Mountain.

As tournament season is getting close, I would have no trouble fitting this ball into the bag without any adjustments needed

8

#9 Ace2000

Ace2000

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455698
  • Joined: 02/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 15 March 2017 - 01:59 PM

View PostMGWP, on 15 March 2017 - 01:54 PM, said:

I was very impressed with the ball.
Played it for 36 holes in Tucson, nice day but with a good breeze.
The ball was very stable in the wind, did not soar into the wind and held its line very well in cross winds.
Distance was like playing my regular ball of choice...The latest Nike Platinum Rzn but also was comparable off the tee with some Titliests I was carrying to compare.

The most impressive factor was the ability of the ball to maintain air time into the breeze where by I was very comfortable with distance control into demanding greens...was playing Dove Mountain.

As tournament season is getting close, I would have no trouble fitting this ball into the bag without any adjustments needed

Great to hear! Mine have shipped and are on their way to me! Hoping the wind stability is as good as you say!
DRIVER - Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5*D, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, stiff, SuperStroke S-Tech grip
3 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 70, stiff, Lamkin Exotics grip
4 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, regular, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip
3 HYBRID - Adams Pro 20*, Aldila Tour Red, stiff, Adams grip
4 IRON-PW -
Posted Image Rocketbladez Tour, KBS C-Taper Lite S, stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize grips
GW - MacGregor VIP Black 52* (Vers. 1, conforming), 6* bounce, MacGregor shaft, Medalist grip
SW -
Posted Image Tour Preferred ATV 56*, KBS Tour-V, Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip
PUTTER - Odyssey White Ice 330 Mallet
GLOVE - MG DynaGrip / MG DynaGrip Elite
BALL -
Srixon Z-Star / Posted Image TP5X
BAG - Nike Air Hybrid Carry II bag (Navy/Blue)
SHOES - Nike Lunar Control 3 (Black), Nike FI Premiere (Gray), Nike FI Premiere (Black), Nike Air Zoom Rival 4 (White), Nike Lunar Control 4 (White/Crimson)

9

#10 OnCoreGolf

OnCoreGolf

    Newbie

  • Unregistered
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 443008
  • Joined: 10/10/2016
  • Location:Buffalo, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:27 PM

Our engineers describe this phenomena as positive spin decay due to our high MOI (perimeter weighted mantle) - lower spin off the driver and maintains spin throughout flight, hence the added stability- also perimeter weighting cuts down on sidespin. Hope this helps, most all reviews are saying this is the best ball they have ever hit :golfer: :superman:


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 TGarv1

TGarv1

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 367807
  • Joined: 03/23/2015
  • Location:syracuse, ny
  • Handicap:12
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 March 2017 - 03:49 PM

View PostAce2000, on 14 March 2017 - 01:08 PM, said:

Heads up! -- Go to this link and enter in some information to be fit to a ball. Then, they will send you a free sleeve (pay $3.99 for shipping). Just got my ELIXR pack! :fan_1:


http://discover.onco...om/ball-fitting
Got mine... cant wait to try it... only problem, we just received about 2 feet of snow here in Syracuse, NY

11

#12 playa

playa

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,745 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 280775
  • Joined: 10/18/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 3440

Posted 15 March 2017 - 04:48 PM

What is the price on these? Or are they still at the pre release stage?

Edit: Just went online and saw their Australian distributor is sellimg them for $72 a dozen. For point of reference 2017 ProV are about $69 a dozen, tp5x about $64, chrome soft X $55. Ouch!

Edit: just got a pm from Oncore. Price should be lower, I guess local distributors are taking a big slice.

Edited by playa, 16 March 2017 - 04:20 PM.


12

#13 Jdogg121212

Jdogg121212

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 225417
  • Joined: 01/30/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:16 PM

@oncoregolf ELIXR tour golf ball is HOT and long off the tee, easier to shape and control your shots. I was so amazed by on how I was working the ball left to right on my shots.  Laser like accuracy.   This golf ball has tremendous control to stop the ball on the green!
And the way they hold their line and consistent speed and roll make them a lot of fun to putt with.
www.oncoregolf.com

If you want to play great golf, you are going to need to get some golf balls that will work for your game and make you coming back for a great round and hitting all the great shots. This golf ball company will make you a better golfer.

13

#14 Ace2000

Ace2000

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 216 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 455698
  • Joined: 02/18/2017
GolfWRX Likes : 95

Posted 15 March 2017 - 05:49 PM

You guys are making me more and more excited!!!
DRIVER - Cobra Bio Cell+ 10.5*D, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, stiff, SuperStroke S-Tech grip
3 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics E8 Beta 15*, Aldila Rogue Silver 70, stiff, Lamkin Exotics grip
4 WOOD - Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 16.5*, Matrix Red Tie 6Q3, regular, Golf Pride Tour Velvet 360 grip
3 HYBRID - Adams Pro 20*, Aldila Tour Red, stiff, Adams grip
4 IRON-PW -
Posted Image Rocketbladez Tour, KBS C-Taper Lite S, stiff, Golf Pride MCC Plus 4 Midsize grips
GW - MacGregor VIP Black 52* (Vers. 1, conforming), 6* bounce, MacGregor shaft, Medalist grip
SW -
Posted Image Tour Preferred ATV 56*, KBS Tour-V, Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip
PUTTER - Odyssey White Ice 330 Mallet
GLOVE - MG DynaGrip / MG DynaGrip Elite
BALL -
Srixon Z-Star / Posted Image TP5X
BAG - Nike Air Hybrid Carry II bag (Navy/Blue)
SHOES - Nike Lunar Control 3 (Black), Nike FI Premiere (Gray), Nike FI Premiere (Black), Nike Air Zoom Rival 4 (White), Nike Lunar Control 4 (White/Crimson)

14

#15 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 15 March 2017 - 06:42 PM

Ordered my sleeve. Excited to try these.

Edited by theedge27, 15 March 2017 - 07:01 PM.


15

#16 acy274

acy274

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 601 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 432734
  • Joined: 07/15/2016
  • Location:California
GolfWRX Likes : 459

Posted 15 March 2017 - 11:55 PM

View PostDmedeiros24, on 15 March 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I have played the Elixir a few times now. It is a great ball at an even better price. I used to play the ProV1x, the Snell, and the Vice Pro and Pro Plus. The Elixir beats them all. I also love the Avant. The ball is unreal. I can make it stop pretty much where it lands and it has exceptional distance for such a soft feeling ball. I agree with one of the other folks on here that says the Avant is similar to the NXT Tour. The Elixir is as good as any premium ball out there. You have to give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Obvious company shill is obvious, but I'm in for a $3.99 sleeve.

16

#17 Mathwiz

Mathwiz

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 803 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 39114
  • Joined: 09/10/2007
  • Location:West Tennessee
  • Ebay ID:ut-mike
GolfWRX Likes : 268

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:57 AM

View Postacy274, on 15 March 2017 - 11:55 PM, said:

View PostDmedeiros24, on 15 March 2017 - 09:04 AM, said:

I have played the Elixir a few times now. It is a great ball at an even better price. I used to play the ProV1x, the Snell, and the Vice Pro and Pro Plus. The Elixir beats them all. I also love the Avant. The ball is unreal. I can make it stop pretty much where it lands and it has exceptional distance for such a soft feeling ball. I agree with one of the other folks on here that says the Avant is similar to the NXT Tour. The Elixir is as good as any premium ball out there. You have to give them a try. You won't be disappointed.

Obvious company shill is obvious, but I'm in for a $3.99 sleeve.

Very
Taylormade M2@10.5° Fujikura Speeder 661 Evo III Stiff
Taylormade M2 3HL
Adams a4OS 3&4 hybrids
Taylormade Speedblades 5 thru SW
Taylormade Tour Preferred 60°
Seemore FGP Mallet

All subject to change in the blink of an eye (and I blink a lot)

17

#18 TheGriftKings

TheGriftKings

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428822
  • Joined: 06/12/2016
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:00 AM

Thanks for the link - just ordered the test sleeve and I hope my experience mirrors everyone else's.

18

#19 phil75070

phil75070

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
  • Location:North Texas - 32m North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 21 March 2017 - 02:33 PM

I received my test sleeve from OnCore yesterday and put the ball into play this morning. The ball felt very solid coming off all the clubs, not soft not "clicky". Distance was comparable to other pro performance balls I play, not appreciably longer though maybe slightly so. It was fairly breezy and the ball seemed to hold its line better than some other balls I play. I can't say much about spin on full shots as our greens right no are not in very good shape and are very hard. I wasn't getting any "check" on chip shots but hard to tell if that is the ball or me today. Great feel off the putter and the ball rolls true. As for durability the ball looks like it just came out of the sleeve even though played for 18 holes.

Overall, I could play this ball as my daily gamer except for the fact that their price point is higher than other direct to consumer options. Although performance was more than acceptable they are not worth the premium over balls such as Vice or Snell.

19

#20 TheGriftKings

TheGriftKings

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428822
  • Joined: 06/12/2016
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 22 March 2017 - 11:57 AM

View Postkablakely, on 21 March 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

View Postphil75070, on 21 March 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

I received my test sleeve from OnCore yesterday and put the ball into play this morning. The ball felt very solid coming off all the clubs, not soft not "clicky". Distance was comparable to other pro performance balls I play, not appreciably longer though maybe slightly so. It was fairly breezy and the ball seemed to hold its line better than some other balls I play. I can't say much about spin on full shots as our greens right no are not in very good shape and are very hard. I wasn't getting any "check" on chip shots but hard to tell if that is the ball or me today. Great feel off the putter and the ball rolls true. As for durability the ball looks like it just came out of the sleeve even though played for 18 holes.

Overall, I could play this ball as my daily gamer except for the fact that their price point is higher than other direct to consumer options. Although performance was more than acceptable they are not worth the premium over balls such as Vice or Snell.

Phil - The $40 price point is MSRP.  Once retailers start stocking the ball, it will be offered for less.  Pro shops and Golf Headquarters around the country are already beginning to "stock up"!  Use the Store Locator function on the company website to see if someone close to you is handling the product.  Additionally, if you sign up for OnCore's free loyalty program, the points will deliver immediate discount benefits so the price you wind up paying will not be MSRP.   Glad to hear that your play experience with the ball was favorable.

Yeah I've seen it on ebay for around $30 - that definitely seems reasonable if it lives up to the hype.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#21 bmurph

bmurph

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 272 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 363473
  • Joined: 02/22/2015
  • Location:Buffalo
  • Handicap:15
GolfWRX Likes : 76

Posted 22 March 2017 - 01:15 PM

In for the Elixr test pack and hopefully some larger orders in the future.  Nice to see a local company giving it a go, best of luck guys.

21

#22 phil75070

phil75070

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
  • Location:North Texas - 32m North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 22 March 2017 - 03:53 PM

View Postkablakely, on 21 March 2017 - 04:36 PM, said:

View Postphil75070, on 21 March 2017 - 02:33 PM, said:

I received my test sleeve from OnCore yesterday and put the ball into play this morning. The ball felt very solid coming off all the clubs, not soft not "clicky". Distance was comparable to other pro performance balls I play, not appreciably longer though maybe slightly so. It was fairly breezy and the ball seemed to hold its line better than some other balls I play. I can't say much about spin on full shots as our greens right no are not in very good shape and are very hard. I wasn't getting any "check" on chip shots but hard to tell if that is the ball or me today. Great feel off the putter and the ball rolls true. As for durability the ball looks like it just came out of the sleeve even though played for 18 holes.

Overall, I could play this ball as my daily gamer except for the fact that their price point is higher than other direct to consumer options. Although performance was more than acceptable they are not worth the premium over balls such as Vice or Snell.


Phil - The $40 price point is MSRP.  Once retailers start stocking the ball, it will be offered for less.  Pro shops and Golf Headquarters around the country are already beginning to "stock up"!  Use the Store Locator function on the company website to see if someone close to you is handling the product.  Additionally, if you sign up for OnCore's free loyalty program, the points will deliver immediate discount benefits so the price you wind up paying will not be MSRP.   Glad to hear that your play experience with the ball was favorable.

Currently no stores within 50 miles of me though I do see some on Ebay. If the performance repeats itself with more rounds under my belt then it will surely find a way into my ball rotation as my current inventory of other balls becomes depleted. Nice addition to the OnCore family of products!

22

#23 JohnKHawk

JohnKHawk

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 293091
  • Joined: 01/22/2014
  • Location:Pa.
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 186

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:28 PM

Pick a couple dozen up on ebay. Played 18 yesterday with one & I have to say it held it's own. At no point did I feel the urge to swap it out to my usual gamers -  Bridgestone E6 or Callaway Chrome soft. Driver flew straight. Irons held the greens & felt fine off the putter. Will definitely play more rounds with the Elixr. The best ball that Oncore has produced to date.

23

#24 phil75070

phil75070

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1580
  • Joined: 06/11/2005
  • Location:North Texas - 32m North of Dallas
GolfWRX Likes : 71

Posted 26 March 2017 - 05:44 PM

View PostJohnKHawk, on 26 March 2017 - 05:28 PM, said:

The best ball that Oncore has produced to date.

I totally agree with that!

24

#25 TheGriftKings

TheGriftKings

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 428822
  • Joined: 06/12/2016
  • Location:NY
GolfWRX Likes : 21

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:41 AM

Has anyone produced any trackman/simulator data?


25

#26 CBECH22

CBECH22

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 277 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 382310
  • Joined: 06/24/2015
  • Location:Wisconsin
  • Handicap:7
  • Ebay ID:cbech22
GolfWRX Likes : 57

Posted 04 April 2017 - 10:25 PM

Found an oncore ball on the course the other day. I have no idea which one it is, so Im going to check later.  Ball felt great though, so i ordered the trial pack.  Cant wait to test them!
Driver - Mizuno JPX 850 (10.5*)
Wood - Taylormade JetSpeed (15*)
Hybrid - Taylormade Jetspeed (19*)
Iron - TaylorMade M2 6 Iron (25*)
Irons - Square Two Onyx (5-PW)
Wedge - Clevelance CG10 (52-10, 56-12)
Wedge - Ben Hogan (60-08)
Putter - PING Karsten USA Anser Putter (34")
Gamer Ball - TaylorMade Project (a)
WITB Link

26

#27 theedge27

theedge27

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 267 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
  • Joined: 09/19/2015
  • Location:Pittsburgh
GolfWRX Likes : 77

Posted 05 April 2017 - 01:43 PM

Played a few holes with it today. Really like this ball. Good distance, good at holding the green, felt good off the putter.

27

#28 sheppy335

sheppy335

    TMAG Junkie

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 11865
  • Joined: 02/13/2006
  • Location:Pittsburgh PA
  • Handicap:19
  • Ebay ID:sheppy33
GolfWRX Likes : 623

Posted 06 April 2017 - 01:17 PM

I tried the other balls they have and they are terrible. I will try the new one but i am not keeping high hopes.
TM M1 430 TP 10.5 Mitsubishi Kai'li
TM RBZ Tour 13 Matrix Xcon 7
TM RBZ Tour HL3 17 UST V2
TM TP UDI 2 iron 18 UST Recoil 110
TM TP UDI 3 iron 20 Paderson KINETXX 950
TM RSi TP UDI 4 iron 23 Aldila Trinity 65
TM SLDR 6-PW Nippon Modus 3 130
TM xFT TP 50, 54, 58 Nippon Pro WV115
TM Rossa Ghost Tour AGSI+ FO-74

I drop the 2 iron or one of the other UDI's based on course.

28

#29 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 08 April 2017 - 03:13 PM

I got the sleeve of ELIXR in the mail today.....put in the order Wed night....got them quick, look forward to giving them a go!

29

#30 ode1

ode1

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,794 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 98193
  • Joined: 11/08/2009
GolfWRX Likes : 337

Posted 09 April 2017 - 04:56 PM

Played 9 with it and am quite impressed.  It was windy today, course was wet enough where I could see my pitch mark off driver so I was able to gPS point a to b.  Hole 1 was straight down, roughly 15mph, carried it 261, that's a massive carry for me, nice little two arms length of a fade.  Hole 3, directly into the wind, 231 carry, faded a little and hung a bit in the wind, 231 is a big carry for me into a 15 mph wind.

Full shots it feels good, fairly non-descript, which translates into, feels like a prov, b330s, zstar, etc.  Not firm, nor soft.  Off the putter it feels relatively soft compared to full shot feel, but not mushy like a low compression ball.  

Cover is durable.  I use Wishon PCF Micro Tour 56*, and it can be tough on balls, the ELIXR came through with no cuts or fish gills.

Most holes were down or in, so it's hard to say with irons how distances are, but seemed on point, but hard to say as I was playing shots to deal with the wind.

Chipping there was that bit of grab like you'd expect with a urethane cover.  I hit one driving flop, 70 yards or so, uphill and into the wind and it spun back about two feet from its pitch mark....the wind obviously helped.

I'll test more once my home course opens and it's less windy out, but man, this thing is a contender for sure.....impressed with distance off the tee and durability!

pay the 4$ shipping and get a sleeve!

Edited by ode1, 09 April 2017 - 04:59 PM.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors