Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Osaka, Kyoto review of stores


  • Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 06 March 2017 - 08:26 PM

For anyone considering a trip to this area, I'd like to give a little review.

I live in Kyoto. Beyond the temples, shrines, gardens and restaurants, there are a fair number of great shops that will get you anything you need between them.

Like Tokyo, in and around Kyoto and Osaka you see various Golf Partner, Golf5, Victoria Golf and Bic Camera (to a lesser extent). There are also some Honma shops, but I kind of shy away from them because I find them to be slightly overpriced, though the quality is outstanding.

My two favorite shops in Kyoto are privately owned places. One of them is Yoshiya golf. It`s something. Basically they have the largest inventory of slightly used sticks I`ve ever seen, an exhausting amount. It`s a large place and you have trouble making your way through the aisles there is just so much stuff. Unlike most places, you`ll find a fair selection of X shafts in the clubs. Here`s the online shop: http://yoshiyagolf.c...php?forward=top

The best part is you can wander around the shop all day and no one pays you any mind. They have a little stall at the back where you can take anything from the shelves and just have at it. There's a giant selection of used shafts too. I have to credit a fellow WRXer for mentioning this place. I forget who, but I am very appreciative, though my wife...

The other is Wizard Golf. The selection of JDM is outstanding. Miura, Endo, Baldo, Buchi, Golden Ratio and on and on - just heaven. The staff is pretty cool and I can jump on one of their monitors and go to town most days. It's the second best shop in this area, but it`s only a 15 minute bike ride across the river from my front door.

Yesterday I found the best shop in Osaka. It`s in a little cluster of Golf shops near Honmachi station. It`s funny because I found it when I wasn`t even looking. It had some clubs I`ve never seen anywhere and hundreds of demos of previous years models, Royal Collection, Yonex, Epon. I took a few of this years irons for a test drive. The Black Oxide Epon Personals, with Modus3 are maybe the prettiest best feeling club out there. If you`re smart you`ll just take my word and never touch them. Don`t even look.

On my way back to the station I came across three more shops, but nothing near as good as this one. I have to look up the name again.

Cheers.

Edited by Christen_The_Sloop, 06 March 2017 - 08:48 PM.

D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

1

#2 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383010
  • Joined: 06/28/2015
  • Location:Kyushu, Japan
  • Handicap:me
GolfWRX Likes : 2569

Posted 07 March 2017 - 02:19 AM

I haven't been to Kyoto for years. May be a good time to plan a trip....
Driver: Ping G20 TFC 330D  Tour S (stock)
4w: TaylorMade R-9 Motore shaft, X-flex (stock)
7w  TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
Irons: Honma TW-U 4i, Vizard IB 105X
Mizuno MP-4 5i-PW DG X100
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* & 58* T-grinds, DG S200 (or MD2 52* S-grind, MD2 56* T-grind, Fourteen RM-11 60*)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9 (black) or Masuda/Akira The Weapon to Win Prototype

2

#3 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 07 March 2017 - 06:57 AM

I cant say enough about the service out this way. Just after I made this post I went to a golf shop on my way to the range. I found a Royal Collection 5-wood I wanted and a nice shaft and the guy had my club ready for me in an hour.

And the golf isnt bad either. I am going to a track next week where Nancy Lopez owns a course record. Right near there, there`s a Nicklaus track and a Trent Jones Jr. track http://www.thecc.jp/main/main.html. These are in the Shiga area, where Ninjas used to train, true story.

By the way, NCN, If you do ever make it out this way on say a Monday or a Tuesday I'd be happy to hit one of these courses with you

Edited by Christen_The_Sloop, 07 March 2017 - 06:58 AM.

D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

3

#4 larciel

larciel

    I play for eagle

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 739 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 228091
  • Joined: 02/10/2013
GolfWRX Likes : 187

Posted 08 March 2017 - 02:43 AM

Thanks for a great local tip.
I rushed thru Kyoto on my all-over-japan trip because it was right after Hokkaido and I was damn tired.. so I still have soft spots for the city.

Now question is, how are the prices on used sets? Is it good enough for me to book a cheap flight and bring an empty carriers? :D

4

#5 No Catchy Nickname

No Catchy Nickname

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,575 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 383010
  • Joined: 06/28/2015
  • Location:Kyushu, Japan
  • Handicap:me
GolfWRX Likes : 2569

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:04 AM

View PostChristen_The_Sloop, on 07 March 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

By the way, NCN, If you do ever make it out this way on say a Monday or a Tuesday I'd be happy to hit one of these courses with you

If I ever get up there, we should definitely do this.
Same goes for if you're ever down my way.

Driver: Ping G20 TFC 330D  Tour S (stock)
4w: TaylorMade R-9 Motore shaft, X-flex (stock)
7w  TaylorMade V-steel, Quadra Fire Express RB 6SX
Irons: Honma TW-U 4i, Vizard IB 105X
Mizuno MP-4 5i-PW DG X100
Wedges: Callaway MD2 52* & 58* T-grinds, DG S200 (or MD2 52* S-grind, MD2 56* T-grind, Fourteen RM-11 60*)
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Pro #9 (black) or Masuda/Akira The Weapon to Win Prototype

5

#6 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

View Postlarciel, on 08 March 2017 - 02:43 AM, said:

Thanks for a great local tip.
I rushed thru Kyoto on my all-over-japan trip because it was right after Hokkaido and I was damn tired.. so I still have soft spots for the city.

Now question is, how are the prices on used sets? Is it good enough for me to book a cheap flight and bring an empty carriers? :D

All depends what you are going after. Your best bet might be buying off yahoo auctions and using something like Noppin (yahoo middleman). You can go to the Yoshiya site too - check out the prices.

アキラ - Akirara


イオンスポーツ Ironsports


ウィルソン Wilson


エポンゴルフ Epon


カタナゴルフ Katana


カムイ Kamui


キャスコ Kasco


キャロウェイ Callaway


クリーブランド Cleveland


コブラ Cobra


サソーグラインド nothing


セイコーSeiko


タイトリスト Titleist


ダイワ Daiwa


ダンロップ Dunlop


ツルヤゴルフ Seirya


テーラーメイド Taylormade


ナイキ Nike


ピン Ping


フォーティーン fourteen


ブリヂストン Bridgestone


プロギア PRGR


ホンマ Honma


マグレガー Macgregor


マルマン Maruman


ミズノ mizuno


ヤマハ yamaha


ヨネックス Yonex


ロイヤルコレクション Royal Collection




ドライバー driver フェアウェイウッド fairway
ユーティリティ
utility
アイアンセット
ironset
ウェッジ
wedge
パター
putter
ロングアイアン
longiron
すべて表示 Miscellaneous
-lots of exotic stuff.

Hope this helps.

Edited by Christen_The_Sloop, 08 March 2017 - 11:32 PM.

D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

6

#7 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 08 March 2017 - 11:34 PM

View PostNo Catchy Nickname, on 08 March 2017 - 03:04 AM, said:

View PostChristen_The_Sloop, on 07 March 2017 - 06:57 AM, said:

By the way, NCN, If you do ever make it out this way on say a Monday or a Tuesday I'd be happy to hit one of these courses with you

If I ever get up there, we should definitely do this.
Same goes for if you're ever down my way.

Great! Will do.
D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

7

#8 frybot

frybot

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 180684
  • Joined: 05/13/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 78

Posted 09 March 2017 - 01:12 AM

I think the shop you're referring to near Honmachi in Osaka is called El Niko. Very cool shop. Also has some VERY high end Camerons from time to time.

Edited by frybot, 09 March 2017 - 01:13 AM.


8

#9 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 09 March 2017 - 06:53 AM

That`s the one. Pretty fancy place. I knew I recognized the name too. The shop actually has its name stamped on, what I think are, Kyoei heads.
D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

9

#10 sirukuma

sirukuma

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 104446
  • Joined: 03/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 29

Posted 12 March 2017 - 09:43 PM

Ah yes.  Yoshiya golf in Kyoto was one my favorite used club honey holes back when I lived in Kyoto. I've probably told a lot of people about this place because I loved it so much.  I usually stop in to look around every time I get back to Japan to visit friends and family.  You never know what you might find here - it's worth spending time to look thru the bundles of clubs and also check out near the small workshop in the back.  They sometimes have some shaft pulls for sale back there and you never know when you'll come across an exotic shaft or two.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

10

#11 niscur24

niscur24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3228
  • Joined: 07/21/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 814

Posted 13 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Awesome info! Keeping this in mind when Im back out there for work!
Taylormade M2 10.5 Elements Fire 7X
Vapor JDM 2dot 3w Elements Earth 8x
Vapor Fly 5w Attas T2 9X
Vapor Pro 4- pw DGS300
Vokey Forged/TVD-R 50/54/58 Ctaper125
Cameron Cali Monterey 1.5

PLUS A PLETHORA OF NIKE BACKUPS

WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/

11

#12 3riC

3riC

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42065
  • Joined: 11/10/2007
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:38 PM

Appreciate the info.....i keep hearing about Japan's local golf stores but knew where they actually are exactly. Thanks!
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8° Mitsubishi Rayon’s Fubuki ZT S
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-7 15° Fujikura’s Exotics Fuel S
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-PW Nippon Modus 120S
Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08 & 58.07 KBS Tour 120S
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 34"

12

#13 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:50 PM

I used to while away days in Osaka going from store to store. I could spend days in Tokyo exploring (and visiting golf shops).

Using the translation I made you can find a lot on this site too: http://www.golfpartn...index_used.html

- It's pretty well the premier second hand golf shop in Japan, you can find pretty well anything. I use it to track down clubs and I go to my local Golf Partner and they can order it in. I don't know how many Golf Partners there are in Japan, but it's no small number. In Tokyo you will see quite a few if you do a little tour (I saw at least 5 the last time I was there, but I couldn't go in to most because wife). and there are about 4-5 that I know about in Osaka and 3 in Kyoto.

-Sirukuma - They have so many shafts, it's almost too much. If Vancouver had this kind of shop I would have to self-medicate to comb through it all.
D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

13

#14 3riC

3riC

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42065
  • Joined: 11/10/2007
  • Location:Melbourne, Australia
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 16 March 2017 - 11:57 PM

i can't understand how they can have so many used clubs for sale when i can't imagine Japan has a high population of golfers

where the hell do all these clubs come from.....
Callaway Big Bertha Alpha 8° Mitsubishi Rayon’s Fubuki ZT S
Tour Edge Exotics XCG-7 15° Fujikura’s Exotics Fuel S
Miura 1957 Small Blades 3-PW Nippon Modus 120S
Titleist Vokey SM5 52.08 & 58.07 KBS Tour 120S
Scotty Cameron Select Newport 34"

14

#15 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 17 March 2017 - 01:56 AM

View Post3riC, on 16 March 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

i can't understand how they can have so many used clubs for sale when i can't imagine Japan has a high population of golfers

where the hell do all these clubs come from.....

Do a google search - Chiba, Japan. Next, press 'Maps.' I can't think of any place on earth with that large of a concentration of courses.

For a lot of men here, golf is an obsession. And, there are a lot of people. Add to that, everyone likes to have the coolest new things in addition to lack of space in your typical Japanese home and you see a vast amount of second-hand barely used clubs.

You see a lot of two three year old clubs kicking around with nary a scratch. Likely, the original buyer only played on the course with them a handful of times. The clubs with any wear at all usually have x shafts. Those sets are few and far between.

Edited by Christen_The_Sloop, 17 March 2017 - 02:00 AM.

D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

15

#16 niscur24

niscur24

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3228
  • Joined: 07/21/2005
GolfWRX Likes : 814

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:52 PM

Yep every time I visit Tokyo (by myself) I map my weekend out via visiting golf shops. I take the Yamanote Line primarily and split the city up into thirds and cover the whole thing in a 3 day weekend.  Hit the shops first then the tourist attractions. I was on the hunt for a certain headcover last time scouring the city trying to find it. The used stuff is friggin amazing with how mint somethings are. When the conversion rate is favorable and there's no taxes and visa discounts I go nuts.
Taylormade M2 10.5 Elements Fire 7X
Vapor JDM 2dot 3w Elements Earth 8x
Vapor Fly 5w Attas T2 9X
Vapor Pro 4- pw DGS300
Vokey Forged/TVD-R 50/54/58 Ctaper125
Cameron Cali Monterey 1.5

PLUS A PLETHORA OF NIKE BACKUPS

WITB:http://www.golfwrx.c...date-nike-time/

16

#17 Christen_The_Sloop

Christen_The_Sloop

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 384674
  • Joined: 07/06/2015
  • Location:Vancouver, Canada and Kyoto, Japan.
GolfWRX Likes : 515

Posted 17 March 2017 - 10:05 PM

View Postniscur24, on 17 March 2017 - 06:52 PM, said:

Yep every time I visit Tokyo (by myself) I map my weekend out via visiting golf shops. I take the Yamanote Line primarily and split the city up into thirds and cover the whole thing in a 3 day weekend.  Hit the shops first then the tourist attractions. I was on the hunt for a certain headcover last time scouring the city trying to find it. The used stuff is friggin amazing with how mint somethings are. When the conversion rate is favorable and there's no taxes and visa discounts I go nuts.

exactly.
D - Titleist 915 D3 Tour Ad MJ 6X
3W - Titleist 915 FD Attas G7 6X
5W - Royal Collection SFD X7 Speeder 757X
#3 Miura Giken CB 1006 DGX100
4-PW Tourstage MR23 CB DGX100
52 - Tourstage X-blade (raw) DGX100
58 - Miura Special Edition (raw) DGX100
60 - Ping Eye2 XG
Ping Anser 2 (stainless) / Maxfli Tad Moore TM2

Testing - Taylormade X-300 FCI, KM Miura 54*

Classic (JDM, Ben Hogan, Maxfli/Dunlop, Bridgestone) Junky

17

#18 The Couv

The Couv

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4633
  • Joined: 08/06/2005
  • Location:Vancouver, BC
GolfWRX Likes : 67

Posted 07 April 2017 - 01:36 AM

Hoping to go to Tokyo this summer I might need to bug you guys for a list of must hit golf shops!

18

#19 Kenny Lee Puckett

Kenny Lee Puckett

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,512 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 379660
  • Joined: 06/08/2015
  • Location:Arizona USA
  • Handicap:0
GolfWRX Likes : 1714

Posted 07 April 2017 - 02:38 AM

View PostChristen_The_Sloop, on 17 March 2017 - 01:56 AM, said:

View Post3riC, on 16 March 2017 - 11:57 PM, said:

i can't understand how they can have so many used clubs for sale when i can't imagine Japan has a high population of golfers

where the hell do all these clubs come from.....

You see a lot of two three year old clubs kicking around with nary a scratch. Likely, the original buyer only played with them on the course a handful of times. The clubs with any wear at all usually have x shafts. Those sets are few and far between.
guess the Japanese golfing public is no less delusional than WRXer's are.

Edited by Kenny Lee Puckett, 07 April 2017 - 02:41 AM.

https://www.youtube....eature=youtu.be  video on course practice 5/2016

Ping G LS Tec: Whiteboard Flower band 73x5ct
Ping Anser 4wd: Accra S3-80 RT
Adams Proto Hy 20*: C-Note 105
Ping S55 4-PW: Dynamic Gold Tour Issue
Ping Glide 50SS/54SS/58SS: DG T.I.
Ping Ketsch
Ping 703 Cord White +2+3RH - SuperS. 2.0 XL +
Ping Sensor glove/Bridgestone B330S
Ping Hoofer 2016 bag

19

#20 Takaping

Takaping

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 441656
  • Joined: 09/26/2016
  • Location:Osaka, Japan
  • Handicap:16
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 12 April 2017 - 08:47 AM

View PostChristen_The_Sloop, on 06 March 2017 - 08:26 PM, said:

For anyone considering a trip to this area, I'd like to give a little review.

I live in Kyoto. Beyond the temples, shrines, gardens and restaurants, there are a fair number of great shops that will get you anything you need between them.

Like Tokyo, in and around Kyoto and Osaka you see various Golf Partner, Golf5, Victoria Golf and Bic Camera (to a lesser extent). There are also some Honma shops, but I kind of shy away from them because I find them to be slightly overpriced, though the quality is outstanding.

My two favorite shops in Kyoto are privately owned places. One of them is Yoshiya golf. It`s something. Basically they have the largest inventory of slightly used sticks I`ve ever seen, an exhausting amount. It`s a large place and you have trouble making your way through the aisles there is just so much stuff. Unlike most places, you`ll find a fair selection of X shafts in the clubs. Here`s the online shop: http://yoshiyagolf.c...php?forward=top

The best part is you can wander around the shop all day and no one pays you any mind. They have a little stall at the back where you can take anything from the shelves and just have at it. There's a giant selection of used shafts too. I have to credit a fellow WRXer for mentioning this place. I forget who, but I am very appreciative, though my wife...

The other is Wizard Golf. The selection of JDM is outstanding. Miura, Endo, Baldo, Buchi, Golden Ratio and on and on - just heaven. The staff is pretty cool and I can jump on one of their monitors and go to town most days. It's the second best shop in this area, but it`s only a 15 minute bike ride across the river from my front door.

Yesterday I found the best shop in Osaka. It`s in a little cluster of Golf shops near Honmachi station. It`s funny because I found it when I wasn`t even looking. It had some clubs I`ve never seen anywhere and hundreds of demos of previous years models, Royal Collection, Yonex, Epon. I took a few of this years irons for a test drive. The Black Oxide Epon Personals, with Modus3 are maybe the prettiest best feeling club out there. If you`re smart you`ll just take my word and never touch them. Don`t even look.

On my way back to the station I came across three more shops, but nothing near as good as this one. I have to look up the name again.

Cheers.
May be shop name is EL-NIKO (エルニコ), it has released their own clubs " P-Tune " . Of course they tune a club up for you.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors