Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

Taylormade Spider Tour Putters

1318 replies to this topic

#1231 TPDawnPatrol

TPDawnPatrol

Torrey Pines Dawn Patrol

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100405
  • Ebay ID:torreyrat
GolfWRX Likes : 775

Posted 19 September 2017 - 12:57 PM

View PostGJLon, on 19 September 2017 - 01:37 AM, said:

I am on my 3rd Tour red. I played a couple of rounds with the first 2 and never noticed the clicking noise however I played my first round with the latest one on Sunday and I did notice it, not all the time, maybe 4-5 putts.

This is my latest putter after 1 round. White showing around the insert again. I love the putter and have putted great with it, but there does seem to be some quality control problems with the red version.

The white around the insert is voids in the paint that have chipped away from impact.

Not sure if the problem is quality control or inherent to the design.

TaylorMade 2017 M2 10.5* driver
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 3 wood
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 5 wood
TaylorMade M2 2016 3-4-5 hybrids
TaylorMade 7-AW Burner 2010 black irons
Scratch 53* DD and 60*SS wedges
Newport Buttonback putter with custom welded 1.5 neck (or any of another dozen I've built for myself)
2009 Presidents' Cup staff bag with assorted USA theme headcovers
WITB Link

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#1232 TPDawnPatrol

TPDawnPatrol

Torrey Pines Dawn Patrol

• 2,197 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 100405
  • Ebay ID:torreyrat
GolfWRX Likes : 775

Posted 19 September 2017 - 01:01 PM

View PostDubv23, on 19 September 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

View Postwrxman, on 18 September 2017 - 06:11 PM, said:

Hey guys,
  I've had the Tour Blackfor a while now and just got the red today. Does anyone noticed a bit of a weird or clicky/poping sound with the red compared to the black? The black doesn't really make a noise, but the red has this pretty odd popping noise. Let me know if you guys experience this. Don't really want to send it in for a replacement, but I will if I need to.

The I hear what I believe to be a hollow sound that I feel is what your experiencing. I like the soft feel of the putter but not the audible feedback I got. There were times where I must have rolled it extra pure and I didn't notice any sound but more often than not I hear the hollow feedback

Try holding the putter head in one hand and a ball in the other, and then tap the face insert from one edge to the other.  If the sound becomes hollow in spots, there is most likely an air bubble or other issue preventing the 3M double stick tape from adhering properly within the face insert cavity.  Warranty issue.
TaylorMade 2017 M2 10.5* driver
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 3 wood
TaylorMade Aeroburner white 5 wood
TaylorMade M2 2016 3-4-5 hybrids
TaylorMade 7-AW Burner 2010 black irons
Scratch 53* DD and 60*SS wedges
Newport Buttonback putter with custom welded 1.5 neck (or any of another dozen I've built for myself)
2009 Presidents' Cup staff bag with assorted USA theme headcovers
WITB Link

#1233 Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17841
GolfWRX Likes : 97

Posted 02 October 2017 - 11:29 PM

So is everyone still enjoying their Spiders? Thinking very hard about making a change.  Know this line was red hot, just curious if people still like them or if the magic has worn off..
"We're not here for a long time... we're here for a good time."  

Mizuno JPX 900 Driver w/ Speeder Evo III 661 Stiff
Mizuno JPX 900 3W w/ Speeder Evo III 661 Stiff
Callaway RAZR X-Tour Hybrids (2 and 4)
Mizuno MP-53 Irons w/ Project X 5.5 (5-PW)
Miura Y Grind 51 w/ Project X 5.5
Miura C Grind 55 w/ Project X 5.5
Miura K Grind 60 w/ Project X 5.5
Byron Morgan 007 (350g)
Titleist Lightweight Stand Bag

#1234 casey_0507

casey_0507

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121944
GolfWRX Likes : 407

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostJarlaxle, on 02 October 2017 - 11:29 PM, said:

So is everyone still enjoying their Spiders? Thinking very hard about making a change.  Know this line was red hot, just curious if people still like them or if the magic has worn off..

Still enjoying mine with a Flat Cat grip.  The combination of the two have made for a really solid combo.
Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

#1235 moegolfer11

moegolfer11

Can I kick it?

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,389 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75212
  • Handicap:+1
GolfWRX Likes : 302

Posted 03 October 2017 - 02:36 PM

Switched. "It's not you it's me" as I lowered the Spider Tour Red onto the rack of Misfit Putters. My eyes are better set on a light blade style putter.

Taylormade M2 10.5° Graphite Design AD-BB 7x
Titleist 913 FD 14.5° Diamana 'Ahina 70x
Taylormade Rescue Tour 21° Kurokage 85x
Titleist 716 MB 4-PW Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron Newport Teryllium Sole Stamp
Vokey SM5 52°  56°  60°

#1236 Dubv23

Dubv23

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 596 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97555
GolfWRX Likes : 98

Posted 03 October 2017 - 07:13 PM

I dropped mine. My wife loves it but I went with the Toulon Indianapolis. I like the feel of a milled face plus the added sight line.

I still ultimately prefer the blade style but tend to putt better with a mallet

#1237 Hubijerk

Hubijerk

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 305901
  • Handicap:0
  • Ebay ID:hubijerk2p7b
GolfWRX Likes : 175

Posted 09 October 2017 - 12:03 AM

Love mine, I have hit my lines more consistently with this putter than with any other putter.  If you are a face balanced fan this is not really for you, if you dislike the look of mallets, not really for you.. but if you're a heel toe guy who likes the boxy lines it's deadly.  I don't find the lack of a sight line negative in anyway, I aim the whole putter head.
You can't sneak the cheese by a rat

#1238 tarrantian

tarrantian

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 333955
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 11 October 2017 - 10:23 PM

Have had a record, ‘personal best’ season on the greens this season and there in NO question my ‘Black’ has to get a lot of the credit...

Personally, don’t love the look, and have fought gaming it, distracting myself with a myriad of other TaylorMade TP putters over this season; Juno, Mullen, Ardmore and finally the Berwick (the best of the lot) to no avail - Yeah, I’m sick I know it...

I even finally tried the Spider Red, didn’t like it at all (The flaking BS around the insert cited earlier should have TM recalling all them, an embarrassment really) and finally returned to Black...

Actually have 2 of them now, both with SS GT2.0 Pistols but weighted differently, 1 with 2x20g weights for slower greens, the other with 2x10g weights for faster, normal conditions...

No more fighting, embracing the Black Spider forever (Okay, till next time).

Cheers,

- Ian
Taylormade M1 460 Driver 9.5D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (8.75D)
Taylormade M1 3 Metal 15.0D (Fujikura Speeder Evolution 661 TS) (16.5D)
Taylormade PSI Irons (KBS C-Taper 105 S) (3-PW)
Taylormade TP EF Satin Chrome Wedges (KBS Tour Wedge) (52D/56D/60D)
Golf Pride CP2 Pro Jumbo Grips (All Metals/Irons)
Taylormade Spider Tour Black 34" (20G Weights)
SuperStroke CounterCore Pistol GT 2.0
Taylormade Supreme Cart Bag
Clicgear 3.5+ Push Cart
SkyCaddie TOUCH

#1239 milos

milos

ms1

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 15709
GolfWRX Likes : 37

Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:39 AM

I can't say enough good things about my Spider and its staying in the bag for quite some time.

It does however seem pretty amazing how quickly so many tour players have moved on though and I'd just love to know what the actual reasoning is for a few of them. Sergio I get but in the case of Day and Johnson and considering that TM esentialy released replica tour putters you would think the would have been paying them to keep them in play and keep the sales strong.

Edited by milos, 15 October 2017 - 02:41 AM.

#1240 arydolphin

arydolphin

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 20809
  • Ebay ID:arydolphin
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:13 PM

Does anyone know if TM plans to put a sightline on the black version in 2018 similar to how they just came out with the sightline on the red version?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#1241 TK3309

TK3309

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 71422
  • Handicap:+2.0
GolfWRX Likes : 16

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:21 PM

View Postarydolphin, on 15 October 2017 - 04:13 PM, said:

Does anyone know if TM plans to put a sightline on the black version in 2018 similar to how they just came out with the sightline on the red version?

From what I heard yes there will be a white sight line on the black Spider putters as well.
TaylorMade M1 9.5 (2016) Fujikura Motore Tour Spec 7.2X
TaylorMade M1 3 Wood HL (2017) Fujikura Speeder Evolution 757X
TaylorMade P790 3 Iron Dynamic Gold X100
Titleist 714 AP2 4-PW Dynamic Gold X100
Vokey SM6 Raw 52.08F and 56.08M
Vokey TVD 60.M
TaylorMade Spider Tour Black

#1242 mjbaker80

mjbaker80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114459
  • Handicap:5.7
GolfWRX Likes : 33

Posted 16 October 2017 - 04:32 PM

View Postmilos, on 15 October 2017 - 02:39 AM, said:

I can't say enough good things about my Spider and its staying in the bag for quite some time.

It does however seem pretty amazing how quickly so many tour players have moved on though and I'd just love to know what the actual reasoning is for a few of them. Sergio I get but in the case of Day and Johnson and considering that TM esentialy released replica tour putters you would think the would have been paying them to keep them in play and keep the sales strong.

Totally agree with this....cannot get over the fact that DJ got to number 1 only to switch.  Sergio WINS MASTERS (the crowning achievement of his career to date) only to switch.  And, Day, the guy who made it catch fire on tour....switch.

If any, I get that Day switched as he hasn't had the year he wanted.  But, DJ and Sergio?!  Crazy stuff....I thought Sergio would take that thing to the grave....  

I'm still using mine as I'm a loyalist dating back to the OG Itsy Bitsy.  But, I have to say that those who predicted this to be a fad might be right?

#1243 Mikey Town

Mikey Town

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,229 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187388
  • Handicap:Work
GolfWRX Likes : 2145

Posted 16 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

View Postmjbaker80, on 16 October 2017 - 04:32 PM, said:

Totally agree with this....cannot get over the fact that DJ got to number 1 only to switch.  Sergio WINS MASTERS (the crowning achievement of his career to date) only to switch.  And, Day, the guy who made it catch fire on tour....switch.

If any, I get that Day switched as he hasn't had the year he wanted.  But, DJ and Sergio?!  Crazy stuff....I thought Sergio would take that thing to the grave....  

I'm still using mine as I'm a loyalist dating back to the OG Itsy Bitsy.  But, I have to say that those who predicted this to be a fad might be right?

Every new putter style is a "fad"... literally... every single one.

Bullseye, Anser, 2 Ball, #7, Spider (plus a whole lot more in between those), etc...

When a new concept is introduced, people want to try it.  When it's all over the TV, because some of those people who want to try it happen to be tour pros, even more people want to try it.  When lots of people try it, a bunch of players have the same putter in the bag, at the same time.

For some, it works better than what they had before and it stays in the bag.

For others, it doesn't work as well something else (what they were using, something else they found, etc...) and it comes out of the bag.

Then... some time later... another new design/idea is introduced... and people want to try that one... and so on... and so on...

Does this make the Spider a "fad"?

I don't think so.  I just think it's something different, that a bunch of people wanted to try.  It works great (and continues to do so) for some, and didn't work as well for others... just like every golf club ever released.

Now... is the Spider a "classic"?

Who knows.  We'll have to wait 5-10 years to see if it's still on the market, going strong... and if there's an Odyssey and/or Cameron version of it. ;)
TaylorMade Driver
Tour Edge Exotics Fairways
Bridgestone Irons
Vokey Wedges
Byron Morgan Putter(s)
WITB Link

#1244 NorthMNgolfer

NorthMNgolfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416672
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 55

Posted 17 October 2017 - 07:42 AM

I know for me personally it changed my putting game for the better.  I had struggled for years finding a putter that I felt comfortable with and would usually go though a few a season trying to find something that I liked.  After switching to the Black Spider halfway thought the year I never thought about switching it out to something else.  And my putting stats improved as I have been tracking those numbers for a couple years.  It's been kind of fun to end the season this year and know I'm not putter shopping again in the off season.  LOL
My Current Bag.

Taylormade M1 9.5* - Whiteboard D+ 73S
Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 14* (3 wood) - Aldila NV 75S
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T 2 iron - Whiteboard D+ 90 Hy S
Taylormade M2 2017 Irons - 4-PW
Vokey SM6 Steel Grey - 52*-12F
Vokey SM6 Black - 58*-08M
Vokey SM6 Black - 62*-08M (custom bent to 64*)
Taylormade Spider Black Tour Putter - Super Stroke Pistol GT 2.0

#1245 mjbaker80

mjbaker80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2017 - 08:46 AM

View PostMikey Town, on 16 October 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Every new putter style is a "fad"... literally... every single one.

Bullseye, Anser, 2 Ball, #7, Spider (plus a whole lot more in between those), etc...

When a new concept is introduced, people want to try it.  When it's all over the TV, because some of those people who want to try it happen to be tour pros, even more people want to try it.  When lots of people try it, a bunch of players have the same putter in the bag, at the same time.

For some, it works better than what they had before and it stays in the bag.

For others, it doesn't work as well something else (what they were using, something else they found, etc...) and it comes out of the bag.

Then... some time later... another new design/idea is introduced... and people want to try that one... and so on... and so on...

Does this make the Spider a "fad"?

I don't think so.  I just think it's something different, that a bunch of people wanted to try.  It works great (and continues to do so) for some, and didn't work as well for others... just like every golf club ever released.

Now... is the Spider a "classic"?

Who knows.  We'll have to wait 5-10 years to see if it's still on the market, going strong... and if there's an Odyssey and/or Cameron version of it. ;)

Awesome points here, man!  Great stuff!  I agree that all putters are a fad....I think you nailed it...what I meant more was "will the Spider become a classic."  If it IS a fad, I'll keep rocking the fad long after its runs it course.  10 years from now, I'll still be rocking my spider and a fanny pack (maybe) :)

Edited by mjbaker80, 17 October 2017 - 08:47 AM.

#1246 Kale_m

Kale_m

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 257042
  • Handicap:0.2
GolfWRX Likes : 264

Posted 18 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

Got my spider black back from a buddy after trading back the Toulon i traded for.

Spider black with the claw grip. Works great

#1247 Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the responses to my query, I have another.

Are people still seeing the issues with paint chipping on the face of the red ones? I like the softer feel a bit better but the primary reason I was leaning red is I prefer to have a sight line. Probably going to wait until the new black ones hit the market before pulling the trigger. I tend to keep my clubs a long time so durability is important.

Edited by Jarlaxle, 19 October 2017 - 12:15 PM.

Byron Morgan 007 (350g)

#1248 casey_0507

casey_0507

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 121944
GolfWRX Likes : 407

Posted 19 October 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostJarlaxle, on 19 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

Thanks for the responses to my query, I have another.

Are people still seeing the issues with paint chipping on the face of the red ones? I like the softer feel a bit better but the primary reason I was leaning red is I prefer to have a sight line. Probably going to wait until the new black ones hit the market before pulling the trigger. I tend to keep my clubs a long time so durability is important.

If durability is important, just move on from most any TM putter.  By far the worst "paint jobs" I've seen
Srixon Z565, Miyazaki Kaula Mizu 6x
Cobra F7 Aldila Tour Blue 75x
Cobra King Baffler Aldila Tour Blue 85x
Cobra Amp Forged 4-PW KBS Tour Stiff
Vokey SM6 50F, 54F, 58M
Spider Tour Red

#1249 AKHx03

AKHx03

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 467342
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:Punchy50
GolfWRX Likes : 58

Posted 19 October 2017 - 01:54 PM

Ive had my Spider Tour Black for a while now and it still looks brand new. I putt with it, put the cover back on, then put it back in my bag....and repeat. No chips or peeling yet.
2017 TaylorMade M2 10.5 HZRDOUS Black 6.5
Bridgestone J33 3W Purple Ice 75FX
Bridgestone J33 2h 18 Aerotech
JPX 900 Tour (3-PW) KBS Tour X
Callaway Mack Daddy Forged 52
Callaway Mack Daddy PM Grind 56
SC Studio Stainless Newport 2 or TM Spider Tour Black

#1250 noodle3872

noodle3872

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 8163
GolfWRX Likes : 249

Posted 19 October 2017 - 09:19 PM

Well, my Spider putter has lost the battle for a place in my bag to my new TP Ardmore 2.  The Ardmore 2 has a soft yet super responsive feel to it.  I far prefer the shape of the Ardmore.

Taylormade M2 10.5 driver with MCA Tensei CK Pro Orange 60 S Flex
Taylormade M2 15 fairway wood with MCA Tensei CK Pro Blue 70 S Flex
Taylormade M2 19 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 80 S Flex
Taylormade M2 22 hybrid with MCA Diamana S+ Plus 90 S Flex
Taylormade P730 irons 5-PW Irons with Modus 3 Tour 105 S flex
Taylormade P790 irons 4-PW Irons with Modus 3 Tour 105 S flex
Taylormade Milled Grind Wedges 50/10, 56/13 bent to 55/12 and 60/9 with Modus 3 Wedge 105
Taylormade Ardmore 2 putter
Odyssey RSX V-Line Fang putter
Taylormade TP5x golf ball

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#1251 jrr

jrr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67716
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:22 PM

View Posttarrantian, on 11 October 2017 - 10:23 PM, said:

Have had a record, ‘personal best’ season on the greens this season and there in NO question my ‘Black’ has to get a lot of the credit...

Personally, don’t love the look, and have fought gaming it, distracting myself with a myriad of other TaylorMade TP putters over this season; Juno, Mullen, Ardmore and finally the Berwick (the best of the lot) to no avail - Yeah, I’m sick I know it...

I even finally tried the Spider Red, didn’t like it at all (The flaking BS around the insert cited earlier should have TM recalling all them, an embarrassment really) and finally returned to Black...

Actually have 2 of them now, both with SS GT2.0 Pistols but weighted differently, 1 with 2x20g weights for slower greens, the other with 2x10g weights for faster, normal conditions...

Cheers,

- Ian

Well I spent an exciting day with TM CS [or lack there of]. I have the paint coming off the surround on the insert like others. On top of it, the paint on the rearward toe weight barrel on the bottom is down to bear metal. TM's response, if its not play ability  then "sorry". $300 but no quality control. Maybe 10 rounds with in on bermuda greens. Even the cover started to flake right after I got it. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy anything TM again.
On the other side it is a very good putter.

#1252 Jarlaxle

Jarlaxle

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 217 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2017 - 06:26 PM

View Postjrr, on 20 October 2017 - 06:22 PM, said:

Cheers,

- Ian

Well I spent an exciting day with TM CS [or lack there of]. I have the paint coming off the surround on the insert like others. On top of it, the paint on the rearward toe weight barrel on the bottom is down to bear metal. TM's response, if its not play ability  then "sorry". $300 but no quality control. Maybe 10 rounds with in on bermuda greens. Even the cover started to flake right after I got it. It will be a cold day in hell before I buy anything TM again.

Wow. Disheartening to say the least.

Byron Morgan 007 (350g)

#1253 RH82

RH82

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221351
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:44 PM

Is the paint the same on the newly released version with the sight line?
TBD
Callaway RAZR X Black (15*)
Cleveland Launcher DST (20.5*)
Srixon Z745 (4-PW)
Cleveland RTX-3 (50*/56*/60*)
Yes! Donna II

#1254 RH82

RH82

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221351
GolfWRX Likes : 295

Posted 20 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

Cheers,

- Ian

Black or Red?
TBD
Callaway RAZR X Black (15*)
Cleveland Launcher DST (20.5*)
Srixon Z745 (4-PW)
Cleveland RTX-3 (50*/56*/60*)
Yes! Donna II

#1255 jrr

jrr

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67716
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 21 October 2017 - 05:23 AM

View PostRH82, on 20 October 2017 - 09:56 PM, said:

Cheers,

- Ian

Black or Red?

To answer both questions. No sight line and its red. They did send me to Golfpaint.com, at my cost naturally. I think besides the attitude, the idea of lost value is pretty depressing.

I compare this to Callaway for replacing 2 Epic drivers immediately or Footjoy taking back, no questions, for new shoes that didn't quite fit right, while covering return shipping.

Edited by jrr, 21 October 2017 - 05:27 AM.

#1256 DHarry

DHarry

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 484408
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 21 October 2017 - 06:14 AM

The phase of pros and amateurs loving these putters passed very quickly.

#1257 Lancj1

Lancj1

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 383 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 378618
  • Handicap:18
  • Ebay ID:Lancj1
GolfWRX Likes : 194

Posted 22 October 2017 - 04:46 AM

Day using the red this week in South Korea
Driver - Callaway XR16 10.5*
Callaway XR 3&5 Woods
Callaway XR Hybrid  4/22
Ping G400 5-LW Green Dot AWT 2.0 R Flex
Taylor Made Spider Tour Platinum

- My 7 iron carries 145 yards with my 73 mph swing speed -

#1258 mjbaker80

mjbaker80

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts
  •  

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:07 AM

View PostLancj1, on 22 October 2017 - 04:46 AM, said:

Noticed this as well.  Stroke look much better than in the past several weeks, too.  When he's on with that, he's scary (yes this comment can be applied to a done of guys, Rory, etc.).

I was glad to see it back in his bag.

#1259 Steelhead

Steelhead

Tour Winner

• 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 23 October 2017 - 11:22 AM

View Postmjbaker80, on 23 October 2017 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostLancj1, on 22 October 2017 - 04:46 AM, said:

Noticed this as well.  Stroke look much better than in the past several weeks, too.  When he's on with that, he's scary (yes this comment can be applied to a done of guys, Rory, etc.).

I was glad to see it back in his bag.

May be a fad and I keep looking to unseat my Tour Black. In searching for ANY improvement Tour players are no different than we are. I have bought and sold six putters trying to unseat ...may try a Scotty 5.5 or go Ardmore or heaven forbid, not buy another putter <rrrrrrrrright...>

#1260 jacobEDGE

jacobEDGE

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 916 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 446572
  • Handicap:6.0
GolfWRX Likes : 461

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:54 AM

I don't feel like sifting through 42 pages of this thread, so apologies if this has already been discussed...but last night I cut my Red putter down an inch. The little weights in the back looked identical to the weights in my R7 driver. But I realized my Taylormade tool that I use on all the drivers, doesn't fit inside the weights of the Red Spider.

Is there a specific tool they make just for the putters? Will the weights from my R7 fit into the Spider?

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors