Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How much do you pay for your Membership?

161 replies to this topic

#61 Tmiller72

Tmiller72

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,481 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 30047
GolfWRX Likes : 168

Posted 29 March 2009 - 12:54 PM

Cedarbrook CC in Elkin, NC.  I paid a whole $300 to join plus $200 every 3 months.  $14 to ride or I can walk for no cost.  I have an out of town membership.  It's a fun Ellis Maples design that could be really good if they had some money to spend on the course.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 good read!

good read!

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 69539
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 30 March 2009 - 10:32 AM

Edited by good read!, 30 March 2009 - 10:33 AM.

#63 Rapture93

Rapture93

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 75060

Posted 30 March 2009 - 11:09 AM

Sultan's Run Golf Club, Jasper, Indiana
Junior Pass
200 dollars without cart rental

COMES with a range pass, free greens fees, and an account to put your handicap after every round you play.

#64 muzz

muzz

Tour Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77742
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 06 April 2009 - 07:52 AM

View PostGrimace45, on Feb 27 2008, 11:54 AM, said:

My club is a Ross design that was built in 1912 and only costs me $270 for golf dues, plus another $20 for handicap and $30 for locker fee.  My company owns the club so it is by far one of the best perks of my job.

Wow!!!

Ross design, and 270 for the year.....outstanding!!

#65 justaman5

justaman5

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,217 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26172
GolfWRX Likes : 79

Posted 06 April 2009 - 08:09 AM

I play at the Campbellsville Country Club.  The home of JB Holmes, the PGA tour player.  It is $1975 a year, which includes green fees, pool fees, practice range, chipping, putting and bunker play area (provided by JB Holmes), cart fee's and handicap.  I have my soon to be 17 year old on this plan with me. After he turns 18, it will drop by 500 dollars a year.  I play enough golf every year, that it winds up costing me between 8 and 9 dollars a round with a cart all year long.

Bridgestone J33 8.5 loft
Bridgetone J33 15 loft
Hogan Redline 1988 model 2-9
Vokey 48, 54, 60
Scotty Cameron Napa Valley
Prov1x

#66 dcdunk3

dcdunk3

• Guests
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74703

Posted 12 April 2009 - 10:36 PM

i pay $6 whenever i want to play. tarzana,CA

#67 Doc420

Doc420

# SLDR Challenge

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,373 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 19444
  • Handicap:5.3
GolfWRX Likes : 163

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:35 PM

I paid 1380 for weekday at the University club of Kentucky. 36 holes and I get discounted rates at  4 other clubs the owner has.  here are a few pics. http://www.golfkentu.....ue Photo.html  

Redone by Arthur Hill in 01 same design just redid the greens and bunkers and added a few tees.

#68 alcazark

alcazark

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 26421
  • Ebay ID:alcazark

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:45 PM

Robinson Ranch in Santa Clarita semi-private..Paid $ 4,000.00 for family to play unlimited w/ cart and unlimited range balls. Two challenging 18 hole course...

#69 QWKDTSN

QWKDTSN

Dreaming of Bandon

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,902 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 57534
GolfWRX Likes : 41

Posted 12 April 2009 - 11:59 PM

Peninsula Golf Club in Port Angeles, WA.

$600 initiation, $155 or so a month (Though they gave me a steep military discount on the initiation and a good discount on the monthly fees).  $175 a year for unlimited range balls.

#70 PreppySlapCut

PreppySlapCut

This is just babytown frolics...

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4840
GolfWRX Likes : 254

Posted 13 April 2009 - 12:45 AM

In my area, no private clubs have initiations under 20k, and most have dues in the neighborhood of 10k a year.

Ping G30 10.5* w/ Tour 65 (X)
Ping G30 17* & 21* w/ Tour 80 (X)
Ping i25 4-9 w/ ZZ65 Cushin
Scor 4161 46*, 50*, 55*, & 60*
Bettinardi FCB Proto

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#71 Brad6260

Brad6260

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 41767

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:25 PM

Nevel Meade- Louisville Kentucky

Very well maintained links course. Golf only
I pay $1300.00 annually for unlimited weekday play only or $1900.00 to include weekends .
This also includes carts.

Brad

#72 MiuraPro

MiuraPro

MiuraPro aka BogeyDoctor

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 1049
  • Ebay ID:dennishiggins

Posted 13 April 2009 - 07:28 PM

View PostMiuraPro, on Feb 25 2008, 10:10 AM, said:

Double Oaks Golf Club (Formerly Sandy Creek Golf Course)
Commerce, GA
550 Yr full membership, no initiation, no monthly minimums

Definately one of the best deals in the North East Georgia area.

One year later, courses are being taken back by banks, and many others are in deep financial troubles.  My course remains at $550.00 a year and its play is increasing.  Outstanding business model in troubled economic times.

#73 Chilidog

Chilidog

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,323 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46727
  • Ebay ID:fisherj14
GolfWRX Likes : 233

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:58 AM

No initiation, $75/month. It is not a lot and the course plays at 6900 yards in pristine condition. The catch is that most of the guys play in a shootout on the weekends and $100-$200 can change hands easily on bets....if you don't gamble, you can't be a member here.

#74 ostateRedX

ostateRedX

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 66 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 28544

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:59 AM

Meadowbrook Country Club in Tulsa

Under 35 years old (29 actually)
$270/month
$100/quarter in Food & Bev
I think the initiation was only $500 when I signed up last year (1/2 off special)

That includes golf, pool, practice.  Lockers and club storage are a little extra.  But I live across the  street so I don't need either.  It's also $14/round for a cart, but I walk most of my rounds and the Pro & Asst Pro are good friends of mine so I never get charged for carts or friends.

#75 cohenfive

cohenfive

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 42103
  • Ebay ID:cohenfive
GolfWRX Likes : 25

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:17 AM

wow there are some amazing values around the country (and world) from i can see...unfortunately not for me. here are my details:

oakhurst country club (sf bay area in california--where nothing is cheap)...135 slope from the tees i play from (2nd longest but still not a long course at about 6300 yds..just not easy). in the bay area there just aren't all that many courses, especially nice public ones (even at the high end). the topography just doesn't lend itself to a lot of golf courses, so that makes the ones that exist relatively expensive or just crowded. we chose to join oakhurst to be able to play without too much of a hassle, and now that my son plays as well we are getting decent use out of it.

initiation is about $9000 i think, maybe less now as they are offering specials to get more members to replace some of those who have left (about 10% i think). dues are about $5000 per year for a family membership, with a small food minimum of about $40 per month i think.

Edited by cohenfive, 15 April 2009 - 08:20 AM.

#76 chRisJ87

chRisJ87

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67831
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

Mariagerfjord Golfclub
Denmark

I pay like 550$ for a whole year - Can play as much as I want and free use of rangeballs. Course is new and very awesome!

#77 golferlaird

golferlaird

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64154
  • Ebay ID:golferlaird
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:33 AM

1. I live on Savannah Quarters Country Club in Savannah , GA
2. Family Membership
3. $10,000 down + $400 a month + $18 cart fees.

#78 MGWP

MGWP

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 492 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3984
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:28 AM

Texarkanan CC in Arkansas
Course built in 1914...Langford/Moraeu as the architects..beautiful tree lined old school lay out
Initiation $5000
Monthly dues $ 300

#79 HISPL

HISPL

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,838 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74563
  • Ebay ID:hisplgolfer
GolfWRX Likes : 91

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:30 AM

I have two memberships, one in my home town and one in the town that I am living in now.

My home town course is Royal Perth Golf Club in Perth Western Australia.

Currently I am a "Country Member" of Royal Perth which means I reside more than 100 kilometers from the course (More like 4,300 kilometers or about 5 days drive!) and can play no more than 12 times a year. (They don't keep check of this to any extent that I am aware of, I probably play at home 8-12 times a year)

However, I am entitled to use my reciprocal rights at other courses that the club has agreements with and I can use this whenever I like, so I get to play Royal Sydney, Royal Melbourne, Brisbane Golf Club, Royal Queensland, Victoria Golf Club etc etc which is handy for when I travel.

It also keeps my place in line to become a "Full Member" which gives me access to a number of orgnised competitions every week and unlimited social play. The only times you cannot play are during ladies competitions which are 2 half days per week.

There are also "Restricted memberships" that you get whilst you are on the waiting list to become a full member. My "restricted membership" allowed me to play with the same rights as a "Full Member" with the exception of Wednesdays (Popular mens competition day) and you couldn't book a round for Saturday but if there were vacancies a few days before you could play.

Nomination is $5500, yearly dues for a "Country Member" are $950 "restricted" was about $1900 and a "Full Member" is $2300 yearly.

Royal Perth is a Members Only club, Members can invite guests on certain competition days or for social play outside of competition days, I believe green fees are about $50 for guests.

Club competition fees are $5.5 per round.

You need to be nominated by a member and then have the nomination secconded by another 4 members.

Members can only nominate prospective members if they have been a member for over 5 years.

The course is beautifully maintained, has a great resturant and the facilities are very good. No swimming pool, tennis courts etc etc it is a golf course and not a country club.

There are many catergories of membership due to the complex liquor registration laws in Western Australia limiting how many members you can have in each catergory there are about 1400-1500 members in total at Royal Perth.
There is a compulsory food and beverage spending of $400 per year for most members except juniors and country members however this is a non issue it is easy to spend $1k per month at the bar... :partytime2: I have found it a great place to go for lunch even when I am not playing, or to take guests to entertain.

I really enjoy being a member at Royal Perth, the club atmosphere is excellent and everyone is very friendly and social there are many social functions for members and their guests. It is not a snooty club at all, it is welcoming to new members and guests.
The club spirit is fantastic!

www.rpgc.com.au

The other club I am a member of is Wantima Country Club in Qld, extremely inexpensive only about $850 per year for my fiancee and I to be members however the club is not the same standard as Royal Perth but it is a golf course. There was no nomination fee when I joined and no nomination/induction process.

There is a cricket pitch and tennis courts, but I don't use either of those facilities.

Wantima allows social players on the course and they pay a green fee of about $30. Carts are $30 per round club competition fees are $8 per round.

I find that even though the fees at Wantima target the average joe, the members of the club are very clicky, and cold. Most of the members are not welcoming and there is very little or no club spirit strange to say it but I feel that it is definitely more of an antisocial snobish attitude/vibe in the club.

The bar and "restuarant" are average to be polite, I have only eaten food at the club once and that was enough.

This seems to be the case at most of the courses that I have played in Qld, there is no welcoming social atmosphere resturants are either non exisitant or very poor and the conditioning of the courses tends to be poor.

It seems to be that in Qld people are only members of the club to obtain cheaper play on the course, social players bring a lot of money into the clubs for them to survive financially.

As you may be able to tell, I don't enjoy playing at this club...

www.wantimacountryclub.com.au

Edited by HISPL, 15 April 2009 - 09:36 AM.

#80 Coach Ritz

Coach Ritz

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 478 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 32213
GolfWRX Likes : 3

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:32 AM

I am shopping South Florida now for a summer membership.  I came across this one in today's paper.
The Links at Madison Green
$249* Single membership
$299* Family membership
*Cart fee $22 Weekdays $26 Weekends plus tax
Membership includes Unlimited range balls on day of play only
Golf reciporcation at various public and private courses Membership good April 6 thru October 31, 2009

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#81 pizzan

pizzan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 67344

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:31 AM

Vasatorps GK
Helsingborg, Sweden

Initiation Fee = $2000
Yearly Rate = $550

Two x 18 holes + Two 9 hole courses.

Can play as much as I want both on weekdays and weekends for no additional fee.

Great Club!

#82 Redwood_75

Redwood_75

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 51109

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

Bude and North Cornwall golf club. Links course in Cornwall, UK.

I'm thinking that the initiation is a one off, what we would call a joining fee, payment when you join,
right?

If so, no initiation, but approx $750 per year, and I can play whenever I like.
And about $70 per year for locker.

You can join Teignmouth in Devon which is an Alistair Mcenzie designed course for about the same price!!

#83 samwedge

samwedge

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 17123

Posted 20 May 2009 - 05:36 PM

My club is $30,000 initiation if you live within the community and $75,000 initiation if you live outside community.  Monthly dues are $485.  The club is 10 years old and the fees have been the same since day one.  Trail fee (I own my own cart) is $1960 per year...if you play more than 6 times per month it's worth it since cart fees are $23.  I posted 272 rounds last year so I'm getting my money's worth.  

Range balls are free (so to speak).  Guest fees are ~$130.

We have no tee times and there is seldom any kind of a backup.  My groups can ususally play in 3.5 hours unless we play a fivesome which takes a little longer.  I typically play once or twice during the week by myself with my Ipod on and in less than two hours.

One guy owns the course and he has more money than dirt and he owns a lot of dirt in town.

#84 sirisaacnewton

sirisaacnewton

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77322

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:38 PM

View Postpinseeker, on Feb 24 2008, 12:34 PM, said:

I am a member of Canongate Golf Clubs in the metro Atlanta, Georgia area. You can see thier website at www.canongategolf.com.

They are in a time of large expansion buying up many clubs in the area and in S.C. and Houston under Sequioa Golf Company. So their prices have gone up this season but still a very good deal.

Family yearly membership - usd $1500.00 p/year to have access to approx 15-19 clubs. Average cost p/round weekday $8.00-10.00 plus usd $14.00 cart fee. Weekend a little higher.

If you do not want to pay fees everytime - for approx usd $3000.00 p/year - for your home area courses.

i have the same membership, but im a college student and pay $200 a year.  $8 per round I play, unlimited range balls. Pretty sweet deal considering i can play 22 different clubs.

#85 armchaircaddy

armchaircaddy

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 59231

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:46 PM

I just got the information brochure from the club down the block from me.  Just for laughs I'll share.

Southern Highlands Golf Club
Las Vegas, NV 89141

Designers: Robert Trent Jones Sr & Jr.

Initiation: 200,000$
Mo. Dues: 1600$
Cart fee: 30$ Walking is strongly discouraged.
Caddy fee: 80$/bag - gratuity expected.
Locker: 400$/yr
Guests may play for 110$ + applicable charges.

Membership limited to 360 for golf. Invitation only.

SWEET! SIGN ME UP!

#86 muzz

muzz

Tour Winner

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 913 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 77742
GolfWRX Likes : 20

Posted 26 May 2009 - 06:37 PM

View Postsamwedge, on May 20 2009, 06:36 PM, said:

My club is $30,000 initiation if you live within the community and $75,000 initiation if you live outside community.  Monthly dues are $485.  The club is 10 years old and the fees have been the same since day one.  Trail fee (I own my own cart) is $1960 per year...if you play more than 6 times per month it's worth it since cart fees are $23.  I posted 272 rounds last year so I'm getting my money's worth.  

We have no tee times and there is seldom any kind of a backup.  My groups can ususally play in 3.5 hours unless we play a fivesome which takes a little longer.  I typically play once or twice during the week by myself with my Ipod on and in less than two hours.

One guy owns the course and he has more money than dirt and he owns a lot of dirt in town.

The fact that there is hardly ever a backup doesn't surprise me, most normal folks don't have 30-75K laying around just for initiation, never mind all the other retarded fees.....
You should go hang out with the mental cases that are over there in Southern Highlands/Nevada

Talk about pathetic.......

Enjoy

#87 d373rm1ned

d373rm1ned

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 148 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 79189

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

I'm a college student and reading some of these prices is absolutely ridiculous.  I'll have a doctorate in Physical Therapy when I'm done with school and can't even fathom paying the fees that some of you pay.  All I have to ask is what the hell jobs do you have that you can afford $10,000 initiation, $400/month, and then minimum food fee on top of that?  My girlfriend would have me by the nuts if I dropped that kind of cash on golf alone.

#88 CPSOX

CPSOX

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 487 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4622
GolfWRX Likes : 39

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:41 PM

View Postd373rm1ned, on May 26 2009, 09:24 PM, said:

I'm a college student and reading some of these prices is absolutely ridiculous.  I'll have a doctorate in Physical Therapy when I'm done with school and can't even fathom paying the fees that some of you pay.  All I have to ask is what the hell jobs do you have that you can afford $10,000 initiation, $400/month, and then minimum food fee on top of that?  My girlfriend would have me by the nuts if I dropped that kind of cash on golf alone.

My advice would be to first find a girlfriend that wouldn't have you by the nuts for spending that much money on golf.  As a wife, she'll be even worse  :rolleyes:

When I was a college student, any number that had a comma was out of reach.....don't worry, with a doctorate in PT your perspective will change in the years to come.  Good luck.

#89 demetri17

demetri17

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40004

Posted 27 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

View Postmuzz, on May 26 2009, 07:37 PM, said:

View Postsamwedge, on May 20 2009, 06:36 PM, said:

The fact that there is hardly ever a backup doesn't surprise me, most normal folks don't have 30-75K laying around just for initiation, never mind all the other retarded fees.....
You should go hang out with the mental cases that are over there in Southern Highlands/Nevada

Talk about pathetic.......

Enjoy

I don't see anything thats wrong with a 30,000 + initiation fee.  Its the persons choice to join the club.  These courses are miles ahead of most public courses.  Theres no difference between playing a nice public (not municipal) course for $200 everyday of the year or paying $30000 and playing a nice, empty private course everyday with range balls included, a restaurant, locker room.  There is a huge difference in quality and service.  Trust me, I play at both my towns municipal (which his one of the nicer ones), pete dye public course down the road and at a country club i'm a member at.  The country club is clearly the best deal, with the muni following and then the pete dye.

#90 Mr Meogi

Mr Meogi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80377

Posted 27 May 2009 - 03:43 PM

Hendersonville CC - Hendersonville, NC
  • All memberships include whole family - no separate single rates
  • Non-Equity
  • You can spread initiation over 4 years
  • Great pool, 10 tennis courts, Donald Ross design, very family oriented
Initiation
  • Over 45 - $20,000
  • Under 45 - $12,000
Dues
  • $2,100 per year or
  • $185 per month ($2,220 if you choose this option)
Cart Fee
  • $15 per round
  • Walking is no charge
Additional  
  • Food minimum - $200 per year
  • Range club (unlimited range balls) - $175 per year
  • Locker rental - $50 per year
  • Club storage - $75 per year

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors