Welcome, Guest. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

How much do you pay for your Membership?

161 replies to this topic

#121 Dixie Flatline

Dixie Flatline

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120682
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:26 PM

View PostBite Bite, on 24 February 2008 - 05:22 AM, said:

Hey guys and girls!
Thought I would make this thread so that people can get an idea of what memberships cost in different parts of the world.
Please list:
1. Your course name and where it is located
2. Adult Male / Adult Female / Junior / Senior
3. How much $$$ you pay for your membership per season / lifetime / etc...

The course I belong to is an old country club in Georgia that was built before 1930.  The initiation is $10,000, but junior members only pay $2,000 up front, then $1,000 on their first and second anniversaries.  A little of the bill goes towards the remainder every month and the balance is due on your 35th birthday.  We have dues, capital assessments (several years back we built a multi-million dollar clubhouse) and service fees every month.  I'm not sure what the dues are.  I pay $500 every January for unlimited cart use.  I also am on the range plan and have a full sized locker. If I don't charge anything on my account, I end up with a bill in the $350-$375 range.  After I turn 35, my dues and capital assessments will go up by $75 to $100.

There are no family memberships, as my wife is covered under my membership, as would be my children.  However, my wife is ineligible to serve on any boards as she's not the member.  Also, unlimited carts for the family are $750.  

Overall, I'm happy with my club.  It's about 3 miles from my house and less than a mile from my office.

We have decent practice facilities, including a studio with V1 and cameras and a Flightscope.  The course is good and well maintained.  The food is good.  We have a workout facility and a great locker room.  I started working out again, so my routine is to get to the club at 6, workout out until 715, then I set in the steamroom for a bit, take a long, hot shower, get dressed and am in the office by 8.

If I looked at it as just golf, it'd be really expensive, but as golf, range, gym, social, and lounge, it's a good value.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#122 dplasters

dplasters

How little they know about what they imagine they can design

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101355
GolfWRX Likes : 53

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:38 PM

God I need to get out of the DC Metro area....

#123 cbrown177

cbrown177

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 205815
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 09 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

View Postsamlax13, on 05 January 2013 - 12:13 PM, said:

View Postcbrown177, on 04 January 2013 - 09:40 AM, said:

Hunt Valley GC, MD
$210/ month
$150 food every 3 months
27 Holes
No initiation fees

dude...are they accepting members????  I had a friend get married there, and it is very nice.

@samlax13 yeah they are, no initiation fees either

Edited by cbrown177, 09 January 2013 - 12:49 PM.

#124 Cfd74

Cfd74

Fairways & Dreams Golf

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120593
  • Ebay ID:cfdkcd
GolfWRX Likes : 9

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:22 PM

Reunion Golf Club
Madison MS
$16000 Initiation
$340/mo Full Members
$170/mo Jr Members (<35)

#125 Jodymac

Jodymac

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 222 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 127390
GolfWRX Likes : 5

Posted 13 January 2013 - 03:39 PM

I joined the Fred Smith Company Group.  No initiation fee, no cart fees, unlimited range, pool, and gym access.  Includes 4 golf courses Eagle Ridge, Hedingham, Riverwood, and Olde Liberty. Family Membership $211 A Month 1 year minimum.  Courses are in the Raleigh NC area.  Good golf courses also.  I'm extremely happy with the this deal.

#126 TNReb

TNReb

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 456 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206233
GolfWRX Likes : 27

Posted 13 January 2013 - 06:14 PM

View PostJodymac, on 13 January 2013 - 03:39 PM, said:

I joined the Fred Smith Company Group.  No initiation fee, no cart fees, unlimited range, pool, and gym access.  Includes 4 golf courses Eagle Ridge, Hedingham, Riverwood, and Olde Liberty. Family Membership $211 A Month 1 year minimum.  Courses are in the Raleigh NC area.  Good golf courses also.  I'm extremely happy with the this deal.

I was a member of the same thing when I lived in the Raleigh area (moved to TN this fall).  I played at Eagle Ridge.  Never played Hedingham, and only played Riverwood once.  I enjoy Eagle Ridge as a course... but the pace of play and stacked tee times drove me nuts.  We had some rounds out there that were very near 6 hours.  It also became hard to even get a tee time on the weekend.  

I'm at Five Oaks Country Club in Lebanon TN.  Initiation fee fluctuates - I am not sure what it is right now - it was $2500 last I heard.  It's down from recent years.  Monthly dues are $412 (380 + tax).  Includes unlimited range balls and cart.  Also includes pool, tennis courts, etc.  No food or beverage minimum.  The course is never crowded.  I only make a tee time if playing on Saturday or Sunday mornings.  I can head out after work and play 9 by myself or with one other person in about 1 hour 15 minutes.

Edited by TNReb, 13 January 2013 - 06:16 PM.

#127 AdamL1984

AdamL1984

• 21 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 199993
  • Handicap:11
  • Ebay ID:Bree8126
GolfWRX Likes : 1

Posted 13 January 2013 - 08:53 PM

$300 initiation $220 a month.  

Briarwood CC Merdian Ms.

#128 w8liftr

w8liftr

w8lifting, club swinging, Metal Monster!!!

• 1,847 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29250
  • Ebay ID:w8liftr
GolfWRX Likes : 19

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:26 PM

RTJ Golf Trail platinum membership $1800/year. Includes green fees & unlimited range balls at all trail courses except Ross Bridge & Lakewood GC. Plus locker at home course.

#129 jjm13810

jjm13810

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 216221
GolfWRX Likes : 0

Posted 14 January 2013 - 09:32 PM

I love to see prices of memberships because since I have moved to Rochester MN 8 months ago, i have learned everyone here thinks its to expensive! This city jade 3x18 hole courses and a 1x9 hole course an you can pay for one membership to play all!! 1 FEE it's insane and its cheap but the locals still complain, I don't understand people! But oh well!

Myself a young adult (anyone under 30) $360
Junior $140
Single $480
Family $760 this could include grandparents as well! Or anyone living at the residence whom are family or are in college and under 23!

This is unlimited golf at all of the facilities any day of the week!

The courses that are available are Soldiers Field, Northern Hills, Eastwood Golf Course and Hadley Creek golf course!

Again these numbers are extremely cheap to me, especially since I grew up in Wisconsin and just the 1 course membership was $800 per season!

Great to live where I have options at such an affordable price

#130 postfold

postfold

me + putting = FAIL

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 29687

Posted 16 January 2013 - 11:16 AM

$1800 a year for a semi-private outside Grand Rapids, MI.  Cart fee is another $900 if you want it, I'm going to do that pay-as-you-go since I plan to walk every chance I get this year.  It's a little hard to swallow but it is convenient and I like the people.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with existing members and access to certain forums. Join our community today and enter into a chance to win a free regular giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

Remove This Advertisement GolfWRX

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#131 Winetemplar

Winetemplar

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 222053

Posted 16 January 2013 - 01:35 PM

GC Sempachersee
2 18hole courses
Initiation: CHF 25k
Dues per yr: CHF 3200
Season: March - October

#132 LDonald

LDonald

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 148855

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:31 PM

Seattle Golf Club
Initiation was around 50-60k, for younger guys it is about 30k
Dues per year: probably around 5k

#133 Stylez

Stylez

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223067
  • Handicap:7
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 11 February 2013 - 06:16 PM

God I need to get out of new jersey. Seeing what people have access to at their price points is depressing me. Sure there are some here in jersey but nothing too close to me unless I am dropping serious cash. My public courses in my area just don't offer any type of membership minus the county discount which is a joke since green fees are still $40-60 per 18. Cart Additional $20. 30 Range balls for $4 and pray you can get a decent tee time and hope to get your round in 4.5 hours. Just brutal. Sure I could travel further but that require even more free time. I think it's time to move.
TMAG SLDR 430 10.5 Matrix BT 7m3
TMAG R11s 14* 3W
Titleist 910F 19* Diamana Ahina
Mizuno MP64 4-PW
Scratch DS 50* 55* 60*
Odyssey Tank #7

#134 lefty-golfer

lefty-golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 227003
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

Philadelphia area mid level good club

initiation waved - was 12.5 before 2008
Bond 5k
yearly dues 5.5k
food min 250 per quarter
carts 18 per round

#135 freddyottawa

freddyottawa

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,454 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 147865
  • Handicap:36
GolfWRX Likes : 387

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:42 AM

Falcon Ridge GC, Ottawa, ON.
$1800 and change for the year, has a full 18 plus a smaller 9 hole course.
No minimum, F&B (I spend enough there anyway)
carts $15 per round but I almost always walk.
Range membership included and then it is only $2 for any size bucket.

Edited by freddyottawa, 12 February 2013 - 08:43 AM.

JPX 825 Driver/3w
Anser 17* Hybrid
H4 3, 4 iron
CMB 5-PW
T4 52/58
Versa #7

#136 jay65

jay65

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,427 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 206889
GolfWRX Likes : 312

Posted 12 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

Absolutely fascinating to find out some of these fees in comparison to some old classic Links courses over here in Scotland. For example. Murcar Links, no joining fee, £740 per year ($1100). Cruden Bay £500 Joining fee ($750) + £600 per year ($950). Fraserburgh Golf Club, no joining fee, £445 per year ($725). Royal Montrose £130 ($200) to join, + Yearly ticket £340 ($550). Even Panmure Golf Club, where Hogan practised for the whole week before the '53 Open is only £650 ($1000) Joining fee, and £850 ($1350) per year. I could go on, but think you get the idea. All of these Clubs are Classic links Course of some repute and Class.

I guess they can offer these relatively low prices because they all get their fair share of Tourist Golfers who help pay the bills and the Members get the benefit of the comparatively lower subscription rates.

Fascinating thread though.

#137 playbo44

playbo44

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 74528

Posted 12 February 2013 - 09:17 AM

Florence CC- junior mem/280 monthly dues- $40 food minimum

#138 Roody

Roody

Shankopotamus

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 63452
  • Handicap:8
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 12 February 2013 - 10:22 AM

Last year I bought the season pass for Greystone G.C., Shadow Pines G.C., and Shadow Lake G.C. - all three owned by the same group, located in Rochester, NY. $2395.00 unlimited golf at all three courses, unlimited cart, covered my league play at Greystone, GHIN, and I got to play in their club championship which I had a blast in. Not a bad deal.

Downside to it is that the courses are all public courses, so weekends are pretty jammed, and they have a LOT of tournaments and leagues. So playing 9 after work on a weekday is practically impossible unless you wanna tee off after the leagues are all teed off.

Another downside is that I was hoping to meet and get paired up with some of the other season pass holders, but because the public makes tee times too, it was hard to find the other season pass holders most weekends. And since a lot of my golfing friends were not pass holders, they got tired of "playing the same course all the time", so I often had to play without them.
Titleist ProV1x
TaylorMade R9 TriSpeed
TaylorMade RocketBallz Stage 1 3w/5w
Callaway Apex irons 4-PW
Odyssey Black Series #7
Callaway Jaws Wedges

#139 lefty-golfer

lefty-golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:26 PM

View PostRoody, on 12 February 2013 - 10:22 AM, said:

Last year I bought the season pass for Greystone G.C., Shadow Pines G.C., and Shadow Lake G.C. - all three owned by the same group, located in Rochester, NY. $2395.00 unlimited golf at all three courses, unlimited cart, covered my league play at Greystone, GHIN, and I got to play in their club championship which I had a blast in. Not a bad deal.

Downside to it is that the courses are all public courses, so weekends are pretty jammed, and they have a LOT of tournaments and leagues. So playing 9 after work on a weekday is practically impossible unless you wanna tee off after the leagues are all teed off.

Another downside is that I was hoping to meet and get paired up with some of the other season pass holders, but because the public makes tee times too, it was hard to find the other season pass holders most weekends. And since a lot of my golfing friends were not pass holders, they got tired of "playing the same course all the time", so I often had to play without them.

That is the thing about a private club, mine has a cap of 280 golf members, i can get an am T time every day of the week the night before, i also can get a game from others most days if i ask the proshop for a little help. i can shop on the front 9 anytime after 3pm on a sat or sunday and have damn near the entire front nine to myself...yes i pay extra for it but it is a quality of life issue for me. i can play a sat morning round with my regular guys, have lunch and couple drinks walk out the mens room and my wife drops off my son and out we go again for a family round!

#140 Dixie Flatline

Dixie Flatline

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 120682
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 12 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postlefty-golfer, on 12 February 2013 - 01:26 PM, said:

That is the thing about a private club, mine has a cap of 280 golf members, i can get an am T time every day of the week the night before, i also can get a game from others most days if i ask the proshop for a little help. i can shop on the front 9 anytime after 3pm on a sat or sunday and have damn near the entire front nine to myself...yes i pay extra for it but it is a quality of life issue for me. i can play a sat morning round with my regular guys, have lunch and couple drinks walk out the mens room and my wife drops off my son and out we go again for a family round!

I'm in the same boat you are.  We have a few more golf members, but we don't even have tee times and it's very rarely a problem.  There are certain groups that always go off at a certain time on certain days and the rest of the membership plays around them.  My guys go off at 9 on Saturdays.  We eat in the Men's card room, then usually out for another 18.  None of us have children yet.  Often times, that second 18 is followed by a sauna, shower, and shave, and then our wives turn up for drinks and dinner.

Yes, we pay more than public course pass holders, but man, my Saturday's are just perfect.  And that's worth it to me.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

Hide these ads and more. Join GolfWRX. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free.

#141 wee stones

wee stones

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 174902
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View PostCfd74, on 13 January 2013 - 03:22 PM, said:

Reunion Golf Club
Madison MS
$16000 Initiation
$340/mo Full Members
$170/mo Jr Members (<35)

Lived there for a while. How y'all find that golf course worth $16,000 up front and $340/month is beyond me. But I do understand the Jackson/Madison area doesn't have many options.

I'm in Charlotte now. Currently a member of Northstone CC. Pretty much $4,500/year dues. I'm probably switching to Verdict Ridge next year. Much better golf course and cheaper.

#142 PJ72

PJ72

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122692
GolfWRX Likes : 85

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

View PostDixie Flatline, on 12 February 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'm in the same boat you are.  We have a few more golf members, but we don't even have tee times and it's very rarely a problem.  There are certain groups that always go off at a certain time on certain days and the rest of the membership plays around them.  My guys go off at 9 on Saturdays.  We eat in the Men's card room, then usually out for another 18.  None of us have children yet.  Often times, that second 18 is followed by a sauna, shower, and shave, and then our wives turn up for drinks and dinner.

Yes, we pay more than public course pass holders, but man, my Saturday's are just perfect.  And that's worth it to me.

Yeah, that sounds sweet! Too often at my club people just go straight home after their rounds!

Anyway:-

UK course;
Approx. £1000 ($1500) per year subscription fees;
Unlimited golf anytime;
No initiation fee (but many courses still require it);
No cart fees, minimum food and bar and free range (use and collect own balls);

This is fairly typical in UK, but prices can escalate rapidly when you start going  'upmarket'.

For example, another course close to where im based (which is on the british open qualifying rota) charges £2500 initiation and about £1500 per year.

Edited by PJ72, 24 February 2013 - 05:22 PM.

#143 YorkGCguy

YorkGCguy

• 166 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 56725
  • Ebay ID:dmgizzo

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:33 PM

York Golf Club
$1,500 p/y
$275 trail fee and dat's it

#144 lefty-golfer

lefty-golfer

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:30 PM

View PostDixie Flatline, on 12 February 2013 - 03:46 PM, said:

I'm in the same boat you are.  We have a few more golf members, but we don't even have tee times and it's very rarely a problem.  There are certain groups that always go off at a certain time on certain days and the rest of the membership plays around them. My guys go off at 9 on Saturdays.  We eat in the Men's card room, then usually out for another 18.  None of us have children yet.  Often times, that second 18 is followed by a sauna, shower, and shave, and then our wives turn up for drinks and dinner.

i am hoping this is my life in 10 years!!! i expect it will happen but right now children don't allow it...i wasn't a member in the prechildren years but it is coming again!!

i do actually enjoy the afternoon rounds with my son so i guess it is not the biggest problem a man can have!

Edited by lefty-golfer, 25 February 2013 - 04:33 PM.

#145 Prof3ssor

Prof3ssor

Hit it, find it, hit it again!

• 887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 31567
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 129

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:50 PM

I need to move!

Cobra ZL - AD DI
Bio Cell FW
XTD Hybrid
710 AP2 4-GW
Vokeys
Cameron Select Newport 2

#146 FairwayGolfUSA.com

FairwayGolfUSA.com

Major Winner

• Sponsors
  • 1,313 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 185658
GolfWRX Likes : 153

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

Those are some great prices. I was hoping to see some numbers for the westcoast since I am located in San Diego,CA.

RYAN
Fairway Golf Online Store :golfer:
Email: cs@fairwaygolfusa.com
Phone: 1-877-509-0830

#147 somaplr

somaplr

Vaya con Dios, Brah

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,624 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 187412
GolfWRX Likes : 1014

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:38 PM

View PostFairwayGolfUSA.com, on 28 February 2013 - 03:34 PM, said:

Those are some great prices. I was hoping to see some numbers for the westcoast since I am located in San Diego,CA.

RYAN

That's easy...just multiple everything by 25.

#148 FrazS

FrazS

Rookie

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 48 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 214581

Posted 28 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

Man you guys get it bad on the rates!

Converted from GBP to $$ mine are...

Initiation: $0
Yearly Dues: $577

Course is Torrance Park, 10 miles outside Glasgow, Scotland. It's designed by Dave Thomas who designed The Belfry so a decent test, still quite new and should turn into an excellent track!

There are many, many great courses around here which provide excellent value for money!

#149 agray94

agray94

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 453 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 223869
  • Ebay ID:agray94
GolfWRX Likes : 46

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:11 PM

have 3 choices:
TPC Deere Run $2200, unlimited golf, cart, range..no monthly anything
Fyre Lake National (nicklaus design) $2000, unlimited golf, cart,range..no monthly anything

Local country club $1900 for family, 135 range and 80 monthly minimums.
Very torn, have more friends that belong to the CC, it's hard to pass on a TPC course and Fyre Lake is supposed to great also. Maybe I'll wait and play each to see how open things are, range included. TPC, and FL are both about 30 minutes, while the CC is 15 minutes.

#150 AnEpicName

AnEpicName

Wizard King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 232543
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 28 February 2013 - 06:30 PM

We're members of the Broadmoor and our initiation was right around $80k when we joined. It's another $900 or so in dues every month. We only go an invite to join because we live right in the area. I think they've opened up a total of 10 slots in the last 6-7 years.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

GolfWRX

Team Golfwrx

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Viewing GolfWRX as Guest

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors