Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * * 1 votes

MG C4

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 wigolffan

wigolffan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 101197
GolfWRX Likes : 8

Posted 20 February 2017 - 05:00 PM

So I played my first round of the year today and my first ever round with the MG C4,  I have to say I am impressed.  It feels soft and reacted every bit as well as my usual z star around the green.  It was a touch cold at 55 today and things are a bit soft being February in Wisconsin but the initial results are positive and it may be my ball for the year.  The thing that impressed me the most is that it seems to cut through the wind better than what I am use to.  Curious as to what other peoples experience with the C4 have been and did it replace your normal gamer?

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#2 Saflynn

Saflynn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 324639
  • Handicap:~5
  • Ebay ID:TheChristianDeBergerac
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 21 February 2017 - 11:16 PM

I have played these a few times over the past few years. I really like them. They seem to spin less than other balls off the tee, but grabbed well spurns the greens. I do remember loosing a couple yards, but not missing a fairway. I also think they are really durable.

#3 NJpatbee

NJpatbee

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 266092
  • Handicap:16.5
GolfWRX Likes : 448

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for the input - I am planning to give urethane a try again this year and the MG C4 is my front runner.

#4 BigHook25

BigHook25

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,181 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 143811
GolfWRX Likes : 565

Posted 22 February 2017 - 02:38 PM

They play similar to a Pro V1 (maybe feel a little more firm), without the ridiculous Titleist price.

#5 David69

David69

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 364069
  • Handicap:12
  • Ebay ID:Spakuloid
GolfWRX Likes : 118

Posted 22 February 2017 - 05:03 PM

Yeah I've been gaming the C4 and it pretty much does exactly what the Ksig and the ProV do. I like it and will game it no problem.

TM M1 8.5* Ozik Black Tie 80M4x
Titleist 716MB 3-PW

#6 wigolffan

wigolffan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2017 - 07:53 PM

thanks for the input!  like i said I liked them but hard to tell in February in Wisconsin.  Hard to beat the price if they are even close to the tour balls.

#7 JShaw

JShaw

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 262 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 80343
GolfWRX Likes : 101

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:24 PM

I played this ball a few years ago.  It was comparable to other premium balls.  I used to turn the logo into a stick figure with the circle MG as the head.  Suddenly I couldn't make putts anymore.  Then I realized that the little man I had drawn on the golf ball must have been afraid of the dark.  I quit playing those balls shortly after that even though they putted fine before I drew on the stick figure.  My putting went back to normal.  True story......I know I'm a head case.

#8 wigolffan

wigolffan

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  •  

Posted 23 February 2017 - 06:08 PM

View PostJShaw, on 23 February 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

I played this ball a few years ago.  It was comparable to other premium balls.  I used to turn the logo into a stick figure with the circle MG as the head.  Suddenly I couldn't make putts anymore.  Then I realized that the little man I had drawn on the golf ball must have been afraid of the dark.  I quit playing those balls shortly after that even though they putted fine before I drew on the stick figure.  My putting went back to normal.  True story......I know I'm a head case.

Ok this is one of the funniest things I have seen on this site!  JShaw I think my ball is afraid of the dark even without the stick figure!

#9 Maddygirl

Maddygirl

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 320649
GolfWRX Likes : 42

Posted 25 February 2017 - 11:23 PM

I played this ball about 5 years ago. Did an experiment and luckily nutted 2 drives in a row one with the C4 and one with a pro v and there is no big difference between the two. Remember Titleist has to pay big time every week: first to all those free balls for players bags and range. Second they cut checks every week to every player using their stuff, thus the $55 price tag per dozen.

#10 Need2golfalot

Need2golfalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399454
  • Handicap:10.1
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

Can't beat $20 dozen for MG C4

Gamer Tour can be had for a little less on sale or clearance.

$30 Dozen for Prov1 'practice' is what I would get if I had to have Titleist.

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#11 theedge27

theedge27

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396546
GolfWRX Likes : 161

Posted 26 February 2017 - 12:34 AM

View PostNeed2golfalot, on 26 February 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

Or from me cheap. I'm a ho and bought more than I'll ever need in a lifetime...

#12 huskerturf

huskerturf

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 147 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 73642
  • Ebay ID:husker_turf
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 26 February 2017 - 06:45 AM

If you're selling them cheap, shoot me a message.  

View Posttheedge27, on 26 February 2017 - 12:34 AM, said:

View PostNeed2golfalot, on 26 February 2017 - 12:26 AM, said:

Or from me cheap. I'm a ho and bought more than I'll ever need in a lifetime...

#13 theedge27

theedge27

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  

Posted 26 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

While on topic of MG, can those non-conforming balls they just released really make that big of a difference?

#14 Need2golfalot

Need2golfalot

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 677 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 399454
  • Handicap:10.1
GolfWRX Likes : 143

Posted 27 February 2017 - 07:26 PM

View Posttheedge27, on 26 February 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

While on topic of MG, can those non-conforming balls they just released really make that big of a difference?

Are you talking about the Senior MG ball?

#15 theedge27

theedge27

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts
  •  

Posted 27 February 2017 - 09:28 PM

Yes. Was looking into them as a possibility for scrambles.

#16 Slow4aTurtle

Slow4aTurtle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 394754
  • Handicap:6
GolfWRX Likes : 4

Posted 15 May 2018 - 09:12 PM

View PostJShaw, on 23 February 2017 - 03:24 PM, said:

...and very gullible.

Edited by Slow4aTurtle, 15 May 2018 - 09:13 PM.

#17 tngolf22

tngolf22

Robert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 72309
  • Handicap:4.2
GolfWRX Likes : 48

Posted 21 May 2018 - 07:37 AM

I've been playing the MG C4 (regular, not the senior) for several years.  I've never found a longer, more durable, consistent ball for the price.  Yes, it's very comparable to the Pro V1.  I did an experiment recently where I played 9 holes with a Pro V1 (found a brand new one) I found and 9 with the MG C4.  I didn't notice any difference off the tee, but I was half a club shorter on my irons with the Pro V1.  Not sure why, but I'm guessing since the MG C4 spins less, you might get a bit more carry on some shots depending on your ball flight and swing speed.  The MG does spin a bit less than the V1 around the greens, so you do have to allow for a bit more roll out with the MG.  I guess I like the MG since it seems to fit my swing speed and ball flight perfectly.  I play with them year round and use the yellow version.

#18 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 21 May 2018 - 06:53 PM

View Posttngolf22, on 21 May 2018 - 07:37 AM, said:

I've been playing the MG C4 (regular, not the senior) for several years.  I've never found a longer, more durable, consistent ball for the price.  Yes, it's very comparable to the Pro V1.  I did an experiment recently where I played 9 holes with a Pro V1 (found a brand new one) I found and 9 with the MG C4.  I didn't notice any difference off the tee, but I was half a club shorter on my irons with the Pro V1.  Not sure why, but I'm guessing since the MG C4 spins less, you might get a bit more carry on some shots depending on your ball flight and swing speed.  The MG does spin a bit less than the V1 around the greens, so you do have to allow for a bit more roll out with the MG.  I guess I like the MG since it seems to fit my swing speed and ball flight perfectly.  I play with them year round and use the yellow version.

I noticed they no longer carry the yellow. Are they out temporarily?

#19 tngolf22

tngolf22

Robert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 07:17 AM

Wow I didn't know this.  I bought my yellow dozen last fall and at the time, I didn't know they offered them in yellow.  I thought they just offered the senior ball in yellow.  When I decided to order mine it gave me the option to get yellow so I got them.  I have no idea why this option disappeared.  Maybe they couldn't sell enough.  Out of curiosity I emailed MG Golf to find out why.  I will let you know if I get a response.

#20 jasonfish11

jasonfish11

Advanced

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 396358
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 137

Posted 22 May 2018 - 01:40 PM

View Posttheedge27, on 26 February 2017 - 11:01 AM, said:

From my understanding of them you'll see more benefit the slower your swing speed.  My dad loves them now that he just plays for fun and quit playing in "mens league" type tournaments.  His driving before the sr ball was around 175 to 200 on a well struck shot.  With that ball he's getting it 200-220 on a great shot.  

I haven't tried them because my understanding is I wont see much benefit with a swing speed north of 95mph (after all this is WRX).

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#21 tngolf22

tngolf22

Robert

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 392 posts
  •  

Posted 22 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

View PostTanner25, on 21 May 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

According to MG Golf they are out of stock.  They said they would re-stock them and they will go back on sale in December.

#22 Tanner25

Tanner25

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,907 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46356
GolfWRX Likes : 368

Posted 22 May 2018 - 04:54 PM

View Posttngolf22, on 22 May 2018 - 02:36 PM, said:

View PostTanner25, on 21 May 2018 - 06:53 PM, said:

According to MG Golf they are out of stock.  They said they would re-stock them and they will go back on sale in December.

thx - there's not many in the 20.00 yellow urethane space, you'd think this is a good time to establish the brand

#23 Jackrwesty

Jackrwesty

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 497494
  • Handicap:6
  • Ebay ID:Jacksonwestermeyer19
GolfWRX Likes : 32

Posted 23 May 2018 - 07:39 PM

Best ball . (Period) !!!!!!!!