Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

* * * * - 3 votes

Odyssey O Works


279 replies to this topic

#271 NorthMNgolfer

NorthMNgolfer

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416672
  • Joined: 03/20/2016
  • Location:Ham Lake, MN
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 01 June 2018 - 11:07 AM

View PostNorthMNgolfer, on 30 May 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Just picked up a Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S last night.  Been shopping for one for months now.

If this rain ever stops will get out and do some outdoor testing.

First round with the new putter and I'm in love with putting again.  I have never had a putter roll the ball as well as this one does.  The ball just seems to roll right away, much easier to get putts online.

However it did tell me that my green reading needs work.

My Current Bag.

Taylormade 2017 M1 440 8.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* (3 wood) - Blueboard S+ 70x
Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Whiteboard D+ 70x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T 2 iron - Whiteboard D+ 90 Hy S
Taylormade M1 21* Hybrid
Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 54*
Callaway PM grind 60*
Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#272 RH82

RH82

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221351
  • Joined: 01/12/2013
  • Location:CANADA
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 08 June 2018 - 09:56 PM

Anyone have trouble taking the stock weights out? Had to use some serious muscle to loosen them.

Edited by RH82, 08 June 2018 - 09:56 PM.

Callaway Optiforce 440 (9.5*)
Srixon Z F45 (17*)
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid (20*)
Srixon Z 745 (4-9)
Cleveland Custom Rotex 2.0 (48*/52*/56*)
Callaway Mack Daddy PM (60*)
TBD

2

#273 jl3424

jl3424

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 310785
  • Joined: 04/23/2014
  • Location:Boston
GolfWRX Likes : 12

Posted 09 June 2018 - 11:26 AM

torn between the #1 Wide S

View PostNorthMNgolfer, on 01 June 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostNorthMNgolfer, on 30 May 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Just picked up a Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S last night.  Been shopping for one for months now.

If this rain ever stops will get out and do some outdoor testing.

First round with the new putter and I'm in love with putting again.  I have never had a putter roll the ball as well as this one does.  The ball just seems to roll right away, much easier to get putts online.

However it did tell me that my green reading needs work.

just demo'd one of those and I'm loving it so far, great combination of good looks/roll/feel

3

#274 mcc0819

mcc0819

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 402858
  • Joined: 11/13/2015
  • Location:Cleveland
GolfWRX Likes : 124

Posted 11 June 2018 - 10:03 AM

Picked up a 1W white/black/white a couple weeks ago and I haven't putted better in my life.  I've gamed the red Spider Tour for the last year and a half but never thought anything would take that of the bag.  The o-works 1w just gets the ball rolling, distance control is spot on and it is very stable throughout the stroke.  It's not the most aesthetically pleasing putter but damn, the performance heavily outweighs the looks.
Ping G LS Tec AD-DI 7x
Ping G 14.5 Tour Issued Matrix Ozik 80m4x
Ping i200 3-pw DG X100
Ping Glide 50 SS
Ping Glide 2.0 54 SS
Ping Glide 2.0 58 ES
Odyssey O-Works 1W

4

#275 Hot Rod 71

Hot Rod 71

    #TheWRX

  • BST Volunteer Mods
  • 8,161 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 108037
  • Joined: 05/15/2010
  • Location:RVA
  • Handicap:low
GolfWRX Likes : 6415

Posted 13 June 2018 - 09:10 PM

View PostRH82, on 08 June 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Anyone have trouble taking the stock weights out? Had to use some serious muscle to loosen them.

Heat them up a little and they’ll come out easier.

Callaway Rogue 10* - Tensei Pro Orange V2 60TX
Titleist 915f 15* - Diamana Kai' li 70X
Titleist 915f 18* - GD Tour AD MJ 7X
PING iBlades 4-PW - DGTI AWT S400
PING Glide 50* & 54* - KBS 610
Callaway MD4 Raw 58* - DGTI S400
Odyssey O-Works 1W WBW
Snell MTB Black

5

#276 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3236

Posted 14 June 2018 - 07:28 AM

View PostRH82, on 08 June 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Anyone have trouble taking the stock weights out? Had to use some serious muscle to loosen them.

Did you use the o Works wrench to remove the weights?

6

#277 RH82

RH82

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 221351
  • Joined: 01/12/2013
  • Location:CANADA
GolfWRX Likes : 322

Posted 14 June 2018 - 01:51 PM

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 14 June 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostRH82, on 08 June 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Anyone have trouble taking the stock weights out? Had to use some serious muscle to loosen them.

Did you use the o Works wrench to remove the weights?
Yes I did then used my callaway driver wrench.
Callaway Optiforce 440 (9.5*)
Srixon Z F45 (17*)
Callaway Apex 3 Hybrid (20*)
Srixon Z 745 (4-9)
Cleveland Custom Rotex 2.0 (48*/52*/56*)
Callaway Mack Daddy PM (60*)
TBD

7

#278 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3236

Posted 14 June 2018 - 05:33 PM

View PostRH82, on 14 June 2018 - 01:51 PM, said:

View PostTheMoneyShot, on 14 June 2018 - 07:28 AM, said:

View PostRH82, on 08 June 2018 - 09:56 PM, said:

Anyone have trouble taking the stock weights out? Had to use some serious muscle to loosen them.

Did you use the o Works wrench to remove the weights?
Yes I did then used my callaway driver wrench.

That’s strange.  I used mine and the weights were fairly easy to remove.

8

#279 NorthMNgolfer

NorthMNgolfer

    Member

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 142 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 416672
  • Joined: 03/20/2016
  • Location:Ham Lake, MN
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 84

Posted 15 June 2018 - 01:32 PM

View Postjl3424, on 09 June 2018 - 11:26 AM, said:

torn between the #1 Wide S

View PostNorthMNgolfer, on 01 June 2018 - 11:07 AM, said:

View PostNorthMNgolfer, on 30 May 2018 - 11:18 AM, said:

Just picked up a Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S last night.  Been shopping for one for months now.

If this rain ever stops will get out and do some outdoor testing.

First round with the new putter and I'm in love with putting again.  I have never had a putter roll the ball as well as this one does.  The ball just seems to roll right away, much easier to get putts online.

However it did tell me that my green reading needs work.

just demo'd one of those and I'm loving it so far, great combination of good looks/roll/feel

Well my update after about 8 rounds in the past couple weeks on everything from the local dog track muni to TPC Twin Cites and everything in between........I'm still in putter love.  LOL, this thing just plain works.  It doesn't seem to matter the green, this thing just rolls a ball.  The entire feel is spot on for me and putts are dropping.
My Current Bag.

Taylormade 2017 M1 440 8.5* - HZRDUS Yellow 6.0
Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* (3 wood) - Blueboard S+ 70x
Taylormade M1 5 Wood - Whiteboard D+ 70x
Taylormade M2 L.I.F.T 2 iron - Whiteboard D+ 90 Hy S
Taylormade M1 21* Hybrid
Ping i25 Irons - 5-PW
Cleveland RTX-3 CB 54*
Callaway PM grind 60*
Odyssey O-Works Red #1 Wide S

9

#280 TheMoneyShot

TheMoneyShot

    ***FIGJAM = Twirl of Doom***

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,421 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 40503
  • Joined: 10/06/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 3236

Posted Yesterday, 08:47 PM

For those of you who are looking, there are more O Works weight kits on the bay.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10



1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors