Jump to content

Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Toulon Indianapolis


124 replies to this topic

#91 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 786

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:33 PM

Sean is amazing....every time I've emailed him, he gets right back to me.  I'm a toulon fan now for sure!  Can't wait to get my Indy back.

Ping G 10.5 w/Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade 3HL M2 Tour (2017) w/stock KK X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


1

#92 scottaz

scottaz

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 1,355 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217197
  • Joined: 12/22/2012
  • Location:Pa.
  • Handicap:2.7
GolfWRX Likes : 474

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:09 PM

Same here. Love notchbacks and wanted to order the Columbus but wanted a different finish and some other spec changes. I sent an email  to ask when I could get one customized. I expected to hear back at some point that I could get one from the garage, when it opens. Instead, he gets right back to me ( over Father's Day weekend ) and asked what I would like. So cool.
Testing Ping G400 LST 8.5 vs 9 KK DC TX 70
Callaway Steelhead xr 4+ Diamana D+ 82x
Callaway Apex 20 TI x100
Srixon z965 (pw-7) z765 ( 6-4) TI x100
Vokey sm6 f 50.12, Vokey sm6 f 55.13, Vokey sm6 k 60 DG TI S400
Piretti Cortino 2
Srixon xv 17'

2

#93 Openwater22

Openwater22

    Major Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 2,691 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78259
  • Joined: 03/24/2009
  • Location:N. Mich & Treasure Coast
GolfWRX Likes : 513

Posted 21 June 2017 - 05:21 AM

Indy back in my bag yesterday. Amazingly fast turn around. Bead blast solves issue with no loss of ascetic appeal or performance.
Thank you Sean and team. I will be ordering a one of Indy as soon as the Garage is open.
GBB Epic 10.5 Fuji Evolution IV 661 stiff
Epic 15* Fuji Pro green 72 stiff
PXG 19* 22* hybrid with Fuji Pro 73h
Epic Pro 5 thru PW with Recoil 110 S
Newport 3 @ 33"
PXG 50* 54* 58*

3

#94 The Frase

The Frase

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38483
  • Joined: 08/29/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:02 PM

View PostSToulon, on 10 June 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Hi all,
I'd like to address the Indy glare issue.

Let me take a moment to take you through what happened and what we have done to remedy the issue.

First off, for those of you that have purchased an indy, thank you for your support.  Overall the comments on the performance of the putter (glare aside) have been fantastic.  That shows up both in our performance testing and in the fact that we have orders in house or have shipped putters to over 40 tour professionals world-wide.

So far so good there.  Let me give you a little history here first.

The indy has been a great project to work on - it was actually the very first putter that we started designing when I left TaylorMade after 16 years to start Toulon Design with Tony, Joe and BJ almost two years ago.

We started this one with the objective to create the most technically advanced, best performing high-moi mallet ever.  That's a lofty goal and further complicated by the fact that it would bear a new brand name that many golfers hadn't heard of before.  

We purposely wanted to wait to launch it until after we felt we had begun to establish Toulon Design as a company that created incredible putters.  Putters that the discerning golfer could recognize as better based on total performance and with total attention to detail and quality.  We just wanted to create something the four of us could be proud of.  Ultimately you all will be the judges as to whether we have done our job there, but we are proud of what we've accomplished to date.

By waiting to launch indy (which due to the construction and design complexity became a moot point anyway) we would hopefully establish our young brand as a super premium player in a fairly (they all are) crowded segment.  Launching indy early would garner more attention but possible label us as the "goofy" putter company- which we all wanted to avoid.

As indy was being developed we were acquired by Callaway.  Our new job was not just to run Toulon Design but to also run the entire putter business - obviously including the number one putter in golf - Odyssey.

Suffice to say, it's been a ton of work, the most fun and in some ways challenging work of my career in this great game.

Working with the incredible engineers and scientists at Callaway is so inspiring and without their help, I'm not sure the indy would have come to life.

I can't wait for you to see all of the great things that will be coming from us over the next few years.  

So back to indy- as we finalized our testing and design work with our tour staff in February we entered worldwide production in March for a planned May launch.

Performance testing includes everything - sound, feel, alignment ease, build specs, indoor and of course, outdoor testing.  Many different options, countless iterations.

The testing came back great.  We achieved our goals - indy was easier to align than any putter we had designed, the roll achieved our goals of producing immediate forward roll and even though the overall size was smaller than many other high-moi putters, out inertia numbers were better - in most cases by a long shot - due in large part to our multi-material complex construction.  

Just one thing though - and this one's on me - all of the final testing was done in February on the PGA Tour.  The sun is relatively low in February- huh?  It's actually quite a bit higher in May and June- especially between 11-2.  And even though the tour players liked the silver front for better alignment, there are instances where glare is pretty brutal - not so much in February but in June for sure.

In hind sight, we missed this one and for those of you who develop products for a living - especially those that feature things like attaching 17 different pieces out of 6 different materials - something usually surprises you along the way.

We have developed a new blast that maintains the premium look and fixes the glare issue.  Production has been changed to reflect this.

For any of you that have an indy we will gladly arrange to have it come back to my attention and we will take it into the Toulon Garage in the tour department to have this fixed.  The blast looks great and takes us a few minutes to do.  I want to aplogize for any inconvenience and I want to get those indy's back into your bag as soon as possible.  I'll make sure you're only out of play for a few days.

You can email me directly at Callaway golf at:

Sean.toulon@callawaygolf.com and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your time!

Best,

Sean


4

#95 The Frase

The Frase

    Advanced

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38483
  • Joined: 08/29/2007
GolfWRX Likes : 68

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:08 PM

Great response Sean.  Thanks for taking the time to post to this awesome board.  While I am not a fan of the Indy due to too much offset, your thoughtful response makes me even more impressed with you and your new line.  I am a traditionalist and love the look of the San Diego and will most likely be ordering one when the garage opens.  Just wanted to thank you for taking the time to respond.  It has not gone unnoticed.


5

#96 DNice26

DNice26

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,670 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
  • Joined: 08/20/2009
  • Location:New York
GolfWRX Likes : 786

Posted 22 June 2017 - 07:26 PM

Got my Indy back!  Thank you Sean!!!
Ping G 10.5 w/Aldila Black 7X
TaylorMade 3HL M2 Tour (2017) w/stock KK X
Mizuno MP5 4-PW, KBS C-Taper S+
TaylorMade MG 50, 54 & 58 TT S400 (Spider Man theme)
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

6

#97 Stonewalled

Stonewalled

    Tour Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 311179
  • Joined: 04/25/2014
  • Location:Manitoba
  • Ebay ID:stonewalljim
GolfWRX Likes : 354

Posted 23 June 2017 - 01:10 PM

I'm also a proud owner of a Toulon Indianapolis.

I have had numerous style's  of  putters but seem to prefer the larger mallets with long sight lines.  

I have had decent success with the Ping Ketsch and DJ Spider.

I had placed a 1/8 inch piece of tape to act as a sightline on the Spider but that was more of a band aid approach. I am sure next years model will be offered with  sightline.

The sightline was the first thing i noticed on the Indy and the stability was quickly noted.

Once on the course i was sinking more putts and my confidence level was high enough not to be worried about the pesky 3-4 ft ers.

The Ping and DJ putters have been sold, and my putter search has been discontinued.

Trying to contact a company rep  and getting a response can be  daunting task. Not so with Toulon, response sent directly from Sean Toulon. Impressive.

Can't wait to see what the future brings from Toulon Golf.

Thank you Sean Toulon and staff.

7

#98 Golfingfanatic

Golfingfanatic

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 208029
  • Joined: 10/21/2012
  • Location:Switzerland
  • Handicap:3.0
GolfWRX Likes : 682

Posted 25 June 2017 - 12:17 PM

When the garage reopens, it will be hard to resist an all black flow neck indy
A-Grind Classic 10.5° Attas Coool
TI Taylormade M1 T3 13.5° GD AD-DI 9X
PXG 0311X 1 Iron Accra Tour 100i
PXG 0317 19° Accra FX300H X-Flex   
Miura 1957 Baby Blades 4-Pw Oban CT-115 X-
Cobra King Pür Raw 54° Versatile Grind, 60° WideLow Grind DG S200
Ping Anser 2 TR1966

8

#99 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 699

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:17 PM

View PostSToulon, on 10 June 2017 - 08:42 AM, said:

Hi all,
I'd like to address the Indy glare issue.

Let me take a moment to take you through what happened and what we have done to remedy the issue.

First off, for those of you that have purchased an indy, thank you for your support.  Overall the comments on the performance of the putter (glare aside) have been fantastic.  That shows up both in our performance testing and in the fact that we have orders in house or have shipped putters to over 40 tour professionals world-wide.

So far so good there.  Let me give you a little history here first.

The indy has been a great project to work on - it was actually the very first putter that we started designing when I left TaylorMade after 16 years to start Toulon Design with Tony, Joe and BJ almost two years ago.

We started this one with the objective to create the most technically advanced, best performing high-moi mallet ever.  That's a lofty goal and further complicated by the fact that it would bear a new brand name that many golfers hadn't heard of before.  

We purposely wanted to wait to launch it until after we felt we had begun to establish Toulon Design as a company that created incredible putters.  Putters that the discerning golfer could recognize as better based on total performance and with total attention to detail and quality.  We just wanted to create something the four of us could be proud of.  Ultimately you all will be the judges as to whether we have done our job there, but we are proud of what we've accomplished to date.

By waiting to launch indy (which due to the construction and design complexity became a moot point anyway) we would hopefully establish our young brand as a super premium player in a fairly (they all are) crowded segment.  Launching indy early would garner more attention but possible label us as the "goofy" putter company- which we all wanted to avoid.

As indy was being developed we were acquired by Callaway.  Our new job was not just to run Toulon Design but to also run the entire putter business - obviously including the number one putter in golf - Odyssey.

Suffice to say, it's been a ton of work, the most fun and in some ways challenging work of my career in this great game.

Working with the incredible engineers and scientists at Callaway is so inspiring and without their help, I'm not sure the indy would have come to life.

I can't wait for you to see all of the great things that will be coming from us over the next few years.  

So back to indy- as we finalized our testing and design work with our tour staff in February we entered worldwide production in March for a planned May launch.

Performance testing includes everything - sound, feel, alignment ease, build specs, indoor and of course, outdoor testing.  Many different options, countless iterations.

The testing came back great.  We achieved our goals - indy was easier to align than any putter we had designed, the roll achieved our goals of producing immediate forward roll and even though the overall size was smaller than many other high-moi putters, out inertia numbers were better - in most cases by a long shot - due in large part to our multi-material complex construction.  

Just one thing though - and this one's on me - all of the final testing was done in February on the PGA Tour.  The sun is relatively low in February- huh?  It's actually quite a bit higher in May and June- especially between 11-2.  And even though the tour players liked the silver front for better alignment, there are instances where glare is pretty brutal - not so much in February but in June for sure.

In hind sight, we missed this one and for those of you who develop products for a living - especially those that feature things like attaching 17 different pieces out of 6 different materials - something usually surprises you along the way.

We have developed a new blast that maintains the premium look and fixes the glare issue.  Production has been changed to reflect this.

For any of you that have an indy we will gladly arrange to have it come back to my attention and we will take it into the Toulon Garage in the tour department to have this fixed.  The blast looks great and takes us a few minutes to do.  I want to aplogize for any inconvenience and I want to get those indy's back into your bag as soon as possible.  I'll make sure you're only out of play for a few days.

You can email me directly at Callaway golf at:

Sean.toulon@callawaygolf.com and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your time!

Best,

Sean

Thanks for the explanation Sean.

I've actually been rolling the Indianapolis in the PGATSS lately and it is all you say it is. Easy to line up, easy to bring straight back and through, and puts a great roll on the ball.

I've tried all your other putters and they feel great. The aural feedback is fabulous as well. Unfortunately, this last item is where the Indianapolis falls down a bit.

It sounds a bit "plastic-y", almost as if the face is kinda sorta hollow. That come up in your testing ?


That reminds me - I wanted to start a thread on here about what is most important and what's not. Whether or not someone would not purchase a putter that performed great but sounded bad. Or one that felt fabulous but one couldn't quite get the ball on line often enough. Or one that someone absolutely loved the look of but couldn't make anything with. Stuff like that.
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 56* SW & 64* LW
Scotty M1 Mallet

Chrome Soft

9

#100 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4994

Posted 26 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

View Postnsxguy, on 25 June 2017 - 10:17 PM, said:



That reminds me - I wanted to start a thread on here about what is most important and what's not. Whether or not someone would not purchase a putter that performed great but sounded bad. Or one that felt fabulous but one couldn't quite get the ball on line often enough. Or one that someone absolutely loved the look of but couldn't make anything with. Stuff like that.
Yes, no no :)  If it works the other stuff is irrelevant.  Find me a putter that will start the ball online with the proper speed-every time- and it is mine.

TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


10

#101 nova6868

nova6868

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,887 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 140033
  • Joined: 09/27/2011
  • Location:San Antonio, TX
  • Handicap:2.1
  • Ebay ID:nova6868nova
GolfWRX Likes : 1525

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:28 PM

I was impressed with the Indianapolis Demo I rolled, and ordered one to try. I looked at it for about 2 minutes and packed it up to send back.

- My shipping notification indicated the putter was shipping from Mexico. Uhhh...? I know Toulon is under Callaway now, but all their putters are being assembled in Mexico now? Why?
- The putter had about 10 degrees of HEEL hang. (The Demo was face-balanced to maybe 5 degrees of toe hang)
- The putter didn't sit anywhere close to square. It opened up about 20 degrees every time you soled it. (The Demo sat perfectly square)

The materials and design are great, but I expect more from the final product in the $400+ range. Does the Toulon Garage re-open next month?

Will the 'Garage' putters actually be built by people in the US who know what they're doing? I assume so, Sean Toulon and his crew seem like solid guys who know what they're doing. Can't say the same for Callaway and their people.



Posted Image

Edited by nova6868, 26 June 2017 - 02:44 PM.


11

#102 Steelhead

Steelhead

    Tour Winner

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 667 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3852
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:PNW
  • Ebay ID:Runwild
GolfWRX Likes : 151

Posted 26 June 2017 - 02:55 PM

View Postnova6868, on 26 June 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

I was impressed with the Indianapolis Demo I rolled, and ordered one to try. I looked at it for about 2 minutes and packed it up to send back.

- My shipping notification indicated the putter was shipping from Mexico. Uhhh...? I know Toulon is under Callaway now, but all their putters are being assembled in Mexico now? Why?
- The putter had about 10 degrees of HEEL hang. (The Demo was face-balanced to maybe 5 degrees of toe hang)
- The putter didn't sit anywhere close to square. It opened up about 20 degrees every time you soled it. (The Demo sat perfectly square)

The materials and design are great, but I expect more from the final product in the $400+ range. Does the Toulon Garage re-open next month?

Will the 'Garage' putters actually be built by people in the US who know what they're doing? I assume so, Sean Toulon and his crew seem like solid guys who know what they're doing. Can't say the same for Callaway and their people.



Posted Image

As far as shipping from Mexico goes it may be similar to Taylor guitar.They ship from Mexico/San Diego....Mexico is right across the street from San Diego :-) so maybe they just crossed the border with a short drive to USA soil....doubt that there will be any issues with that IMO

Edited by Steelhead, 26 June 2017 - 02:56 PM.


12

#103 wobgon

wobgon

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,486 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
  • Joined: 04/20/2008
GolfWRX Likes : 4346

Posted 21 July 2017 - 10:25 PM

Bumping this thread......Any reviews or opinions by those using the indianapolis?

13

#104 PaullyP

PaullyP

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 256218
  • Joined: 06/14/2013
  • Location:North Carolina
  • Ebay ID:paully7792
GolfWRX Likes : 15

Posted 25 July 2017 - 11:52 PM

Love the way it looks, need to get my hands on it.

14

#105 LONGBALL777

LONGBALL777

    Rookie

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 456368
  • Joined: 02/23/2017
  • Location:WOODLAND PARK
  • Handicap:20
GolfWRX Likes : 10

Posted 05 August 2017 - 06:18 PM

I made the mistake of trying one out in the store today, and now I have to have one. Would be great for slow greens.

Edited by LONGBALL777, 05 August 2017 - 08:42 PM.


15

#106 SToulon

SToulon

    Newbie

  • Sponsors
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445558
  • Joined: 11/03/2016
  • Location:Carlsbad
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 108

Posted 13 August 2017 - 02:02 PM

A few questions here To answer.  Yes, all garage putters will be built here in carlsbad - in fact, they are all built in the tour department.  

Second, feel is really subjective.  Almost all of the tour players have really enjoyed the sound and feel of the Indy.  It is a very complex design and construction - so it will have a different sound than an all milled stainless putter, but again, most have loved the entire performance package of the Indy.

Hope this helps.....



16

#107 Shilgy

Shilgy

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,231 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 235237
  • Joined: 03/07/2013
  • Location:Phoenix
  • Handicap:4.0
GolfWRX Likes : 4994

Posted 13 August 2017 - 03:34 PM

Thanks Sean. Hoping for my box from Carlsbad will arrive this week. :)
TM M1 8.5* Graphite Design BB6s
TM M1 3w 14*  Graphite Design BB7s
Srixon U65 18° Atmos Red 7s
Adams A12 UST Silver S 21°
Srixon Z765 5-AW Nippon Pro Modus3 125S
Cleveland  RTX CB 54* 58* Nippon 125 wedge
Toulon Garage Rochester/ Toulon Rochester

To paraphrase Dr Seuss: Don't cry because the round of golf is over-smile because it happened .  :)

17

#108 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 697

Posted 13 August 2017 - 04:18 PM

Sign me up for a Indy with a black shaft and Super Stroke GT Tour grip. I actually inquired last week but I won't lie I'm a little nervous about the shaft misalignment discribed in a earlier post. This is not a cheap experiement that would be depressing...BB
Irons: Ping iBades
Drivers: Pink Ping G
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 850
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge WRX
Putter: STX Xform 2
Balls: Snell MTB

18

#109 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 697

Posted 13 August 2017 - 05:30 PM

I do have one question, I see the Indy's loft indicated on the website but not the lie angle? I'm 69* and need to know if that's 1 or 2 flat. Thanks! BB
Irons: Ping iBades
Drivers: Pink Ping G
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 850
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge WRX
Putter: STX Xform 2
Balls: Snell MTB

19

#110 Swisstrader98

Swisstrader98

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,732 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 170802
  • Joined: 03/23/2012
GolfWRX Likes : 391

Posted 14 August 2017 - 04:39 PM

I bought the Indy a couple weeks ago and can honestly say that with the 100's of putters I've owned over the years, I have more confidence in the Toulon than anything else I have ever putted with. Went with 38" and counterbalanced and in terms of distance control, its as good as it gets. Also about the best "built" putter I've ever used.

All that being said, I had to have the lie angle bent a bit and there's still a smidge of toe hang and I have the same issue as others with glare off the sun which is actually crazy annoying so may send back to Scott and crew.


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

20

#111 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 699

Posted 14 August 2017 - 10:36 PM

View PostBig Ben, on 13 August 2017 - 05:30 PM, said:

I do have one question, I see the Indy's loft indicated on the website but not the lie angle? I'm 69* and need to know if that's 1 or 2 flat. Thanks! BB

70* - (look in the left panel) - http://www.odysseygo...dianapolis.html
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 56* SW & 64* LW
Scotty M1 Mallet

Chrome Soft

21

#112 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

    #InsideTMAG

  • ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 5,074 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Joined: 08/27/2008
  • Location:Indianapolis, IN
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1508

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:41 PM

IMG_2976.JPG

More pictures as they become available...:pimp:
Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2017 Tour Issue M1 460 10.5 Graphite Design TP-6 X
Fairway: TM 2016 Tour Issue M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 Stiff
Hybrid: Open
Driving Iron: TM P-790 4/23* DG 105 S
Irons: TM P-770 4-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB DG Wedge
Putter: Toulon Garage Rochester 34", First of Madison #11/100 34", Garage Colts Blue Indianapolis 34", Garage Columbus 34
Ball: TM TP5

My WITB

22

#113 hanetrob

hanetrob

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 95 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22891
  • Joined: 12/18/2006
  • Location:Michigan
  • Ebay ID:chipit-in
GolfWRX Likes : 38

Posted 17 August 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostEd Settle, on 17 August 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Attachment IMG_2976.JPG

More pictures as they become available...:pimp:

Now that is sexy as hell!!

23

#114 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 699

Posted 17 August 2017 - 07:45 PM

View PostEd Settle, on 17 August 2017 - 04:41 PM, said:

Attachment IMG_2976.JPG

More pictures as they become available... :pimp:

Hubba, hubba. Where'd that come from ?!?!?! :wub:

I'm almost definitely getting one. It wins the putting comp almost every day I putt with it in the store (sometimes the TM Spider Platinum wins).
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 56* SW & 64* LW
Scotty M1 Mallet

Chrome Soft

24

#115 Grimace45

Grimace45

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,030 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 9615
  • Joined: 01/10/2006
  • Location:Long Island, NY
GolfWRX Likes : 24

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:32 AM

Have to say I am glad I stumbled onto this thread. Bought an Indy and first round the glare was brutal so I did a search. I saw Sean's post and shot him an email. Within ten minutes I had a few emails from Sean, a shipping label and the contact to send the putter into. In my experience Callaway customer service has always been a cut above and nice to see Sean is carrying on with it. Should have the putter back in a few days.

Titleist 917 D3 9.5* HZRDUS Yellow 6.5 76g
Titleist 917 F2 15* Diamana Blueboard 83x
Ben Hogan VKTR 19* Aldila NV 2KXV 85x
Ben Hogan Ft. Worth 22* - 46* Recoil 110 F5
Ben Hogan TK15 50*, 54* & 58* Recoil 110 F5
Scotty Cameron Circle T Circa 62

25

#116 Big Ben

Big Ben

    Hall of Fame

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,122 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 14306
  • Joined: 04/21/2006
  • Location:Cleveland, Ohio
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 697

Posted 02 September 2017 - 04:09 PM

View PostSToulon, on 13 August 2017 - 02:02 PM, said:

A few questions here To answer.  Yes, all garage putters will be built here in carlsbad - in fact, they are all built in the tour department.  

Second, feel is really subjective.  Almost all of the tour players have really enjoyed the sound and feel of the Indy.  It is a very complex design and construction - so it will have a different sound than an all milled stainless putter, but again, most have loved the entire performance package of the Indy.

Hope this helps.....
Am I able to order the Indy with a matte black shaft versus the shinny black chrome? Thanks
Irons: Ping iBades
Drivers: Pink Ping G
Hybrid: Mizuno JPX 850
2 iron: Ping Rapture
Wedges: Ping Gorge WRX
Putter: STX Xform 2
Balls: Snell MTB

26

#117 7deuce

7deuce

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 46114
  • Joined: 01/16/2008
  • Location:Southern NJ
  • Ebay ID:7deuceoff
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:47 PM

Everything is perfect about the Indianapolis....except the sound at impact. Might be my least favorite sound ever. But I’m going to try and make it work because everything else is sweet.
Ping G400 LST 8.5 Tour 65
Callaway Epic SZ 12.5
Callaway Epic 2,4 hybrid
Callaway Epic Pro 5-P
Callaway Forged 50,54
Callaway PM Grind 58
Odyssey O-Works #7

27

#118 nsxguy

nsxguy

    Major Winner

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,641 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 431858
  • Joined: 07/08/2016
  • Location:Florida
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 699

Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:45 PM

View Post7deuce, on 05 October 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Everything is perfect about the Indianapolis....except the sound at impact. Might be my least favorite sound ever. But I’m going to try and make it work because everything else is sweet.

Yeah, it sounds like plastic.

Excellent putter on medium and long puts but I've found that I have a terrible problem with shorter putts. About 4-5 feet and I'm terribly inconsistent with it. Decided it's a no go for me.
Callaway Fusion 9* Project X Handcrafted Hzrdus Black "60" 6.0
Adams A12 Pro hybrids, 16*, 20*, 23*
Ping G20 5-U, DG S300
Callaway PM Grind 56* SW & 64* LW
Scotty M1 Mallet

Chrome Soft

28

#119 spacecowboy1991

spacecowboy1991

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 139 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 3737
  • Joined: 07/29/2005
  • Location:Niles, IL
  • Ebay ID:spacecowboy1991
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

I love the look!
Whats in my TM staff bag?

Woods
Taylor Made SLDR-S / 10.5*
Taylor Made SLDR-S / Mini Driver
Taylor Made SLDR-S / 15*
Adams Tight Lies / 16*

Hybrids
Taylor Made SLDR-S / 3 & 4

Irons
Callaway X20 Tour / 5-PW

Wedges
Cleveland CG12 / 52*, 56*, 60*

Putters
Odyssey Metal X / #6

29

#120 Rogtsaamokin66

Rogtsaamokin66

    Member

  • Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 118650
  • Joined: 12/08/2010
GolfWRX Likes : 6

Posted 11 October 2017 - 07:05 PM

View Postnsxguy, on 06 October 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

View Post7deuce, on 05 October 2017 - 10:47 PM, said:

Everything is perfect about the Indianapolis....except the sound at impact. Might be my least favorite sound ever. But Im going to try and make it work because everything else is sweet.

Yeah, it sounds like plastic.

Excellent putter on medium and long puts but I've found that I have a terrible problem with shorter putts. About 4-5 feet and I'm terribly inconsistent with it. Decided it's a no go for me.
Did you sell it or trade back?


Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

    GolfWRX Forums

    Advertisement


Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

30



0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

GolfWRX Sponsors