Welcome. You are currently viewing the forum as a guest which does not give you access to all the great features at GolfWRX such as viewing all the images, interacting with members, access to all forums and eligiblility to win free giveaways. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free. Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

- - - - -

Toulon Indianapolis

102 replies to this topic

#61 new2g0lf

new2g0lf

Tour Winner

• ClubWRX Charter Members
  • 905 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 114437
GolfWRX Likes : 498

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:04 PM

I got mine last night, tried it out on my backyard putting green and was very happy with what I saw.  Golf balls do come off the face faster than I'm used to so I will have to adjust my stroke, especially on lag putts.

Edited by new2g0lf, 03 June 2017 - 07:06 PM.

Remove This Advertisement Viewing As Guest

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#62 jschwarb

jschwarb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157177
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 03 June 2017 - 07:42 PM

Got mine today, rolled a few on the carpet and it seems really stable. I'll fully admit I'm a mediocre putter at best, but I'm going all-in with this and will see how it goes. And when I say all-in, I mean ditching the claw grip I've been using for a decade and going back to conventional. I like the stock grip, it's bigger than the standard grip on my old SeeMore, and hopefully that plus the added stability will allow me to not worry about my hands. If this is hotter off the face as others have said, I think that will only help me.

Excited to get it on the course tomorrow!

#63 wobgon

wobgon

Hall of Fame

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,237 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54137
GolfWRX Likes : 4040

Posted 03 June 2017 - 08:24 PM

I was anxious to try one of these......Rolled some putts at GG and put it down quick.....Almost had a cheap feel to it.

#64 jschwarb

jschwarb

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 157177
GolfWRX Likes : 115

Posted 04 June 2017 - 10:41 PM

Put mine in play today. There was pretty significant glare off the topline but the total look at address really works for me, alignment-wise. Had a lot of confidence over shorter putts, didn't have much feel on long ones but that's probably to be expected. Fun flatstick overall.

#65 TitleistDave

TitleistDave

TitleistDave

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 185 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 18266
GolfWRX Likes : 11

Posted 05 June 2017 - 11:49 AM

Mine finally came in and I picked it up on Saturday... MR with a black shaft. It may stay in the wrapper for a while with the way I am putting with my Memphis:)

Callaway Driver
Callaway 5 wood
Mizuno JPX900 Tour/Forged Combo
Fourteen wedges
Toulon Memphis (maybe the best putter ever)

#66 Openwater22

Openwater22

Major Winner

• 2,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78259
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 09 June 2017 - 06:07 AM

View Postvalmario, on 28 May 2017 - 10:20 PM, said:

Ok, I played with this putter for the first time today.  I want to love  this thing, but I could not get over the glare from the top line, it was super annoying. If there is a garage option I would get this thing all black or maybe just a dark mist finish on the milled portion.

A week in with mine. Having a difficult time getting past the glare. Super sunny yesterday and even with sunglasses on, a couple putts were impossible to focus on. If anybody comes up with a fix, please post. Hopefully once the garage opens, it can be sent in for a remedy. Not usable on a bright day as is.
GBB Epic. Fuji Pro 62 & Kuro Kage XT 60 stiff
917 F3 Oban Revenge stiff
PXG 19* 22* hybrid with Fuji Pro 73h
Bridgestone Tour B cavity backs. Fuji MCI 100S
Toulon Indianapolis. 33"
PXG 50* 54* 58*

#67 misplacedtexan83

misplacedtexan83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242907
GolfWRX Likes : 6605

Posted 09 June 2017 - 07:01 AM

View PostOpenwater22, on 09 June 2017 - 06:07 AM, said:

Ok, I played with this putter for the first time today.  I want to love  this thing, but I could not get over the glare from the top line, it was super annoying. If there is a garage option I would get this thing all black or maybe just a dark mist finish on the milled portion.

A week in with mine. Having a difficult time getting past the glare. Super sunny yesterday and even with sunglasses on, a couple putts were impossible to focus on. If anybody comes up with a fix, please post. Hopefully once the garage opens, it can be sent in for a remedy. Not usable on a bright day as is.

Quick fix..

A piece of electric tape.

9* Callaway EPIC SZ w/ XTORISON COPPER 60S ** 13.5* EPIC SZ w/ HZDRUS 65 S ** 18* Epic SZ w/ HZDRUS 65 S

4-A Steelhead Pros w/Ctaper Lite S
54/10 (bent to 56/12) *** 60/08 Callaway Slate MD Forged w/Ctaper Lite S
   Low Tide Rip Curl w/UST Frequency Filtered (2.0*, 72 lie, 36in)

#68 PJ72

PJ72

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 122692
GolfWRX Likes : 410

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:18 AM

View Postmisplacedtexan83, on 09 June 2017 - 07:01 AM, said:

Quick fix..

A piece of electric tape.
Actually, what would work/look better is black gaffer or duct tape. It has a similar texture to the carbon finish. Will be a swine to clean off when you take it off though.

I'd prefer a respray with a matt metallic silver just over that front bar. Mask the black areas first obviously.

#69 Whiskey_fire

Whiskey_fire

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 113617
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 146

Posted 09 June 2017 - 11:34 AM

Plasti-dip  the  chrome part, easy to remove it as well
917 D2, Whiteboard
RBZ Stage 2, Rip Alpha
Titleist AP2 3-9, Project X 6.0
Titleist Vokey 48,54,60, Project X 6.0
Scotty Cameron M2

#70 Openwater22

Openwater22

Major Winner

• 2,615 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 78259
GolfWRX Likes : 472

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:23 AM

Fix is in. Sean Toulon read my post and pm'd with offer to send my Indy to the tour dept. to have the top line re done with a duller blast. Seriously awesome customer service! Sean also indicated production has been moved to the duller blast.

Definitely ordering up a custom Indy once the Garage is back up and running.

GBB Epic. Fuji Pro 62 & Kuro Kage XT 60 stiff
917 F3 Oban Revenge stiff
PXG 19* 22* hybrid with Fuji Pro 73h
Bridgestone Tour B cavity backs. Fuji MCI 100S
Toulon Indianapolis. 33"
PXG 50* 54* 58*

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

Wanna get rid of this ugly yellow box? And remove other annoying "stuff" in between posts? Create a FREE GolfWRX account here.

#71 SToulon

SToulon

• Sponsors
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 445558
  • Handicap:3
GolfWRX Likes : 65

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

Hi all,
I'd like to address the Indy glare issue.

Let me take a moment to take you through what happened and what we have done to remedy the issue.

First off, for those of you that have purchased an indy, thank you for your support.  Overall the comments on the performance of the putter (glare aside) have been fantastic.  That shows up both in our performance testing and in the fact that we have orders in house or have shipped putters to over 40 tour professionals world-wide.

So far so good there.  Let me give you a little history here first.

The indy has been a great project to work on - it was actually the very first putter that we started designing when I left TaylorMade after 16 years to start Toulon Design with Tony, Joe and BJ almost two years ago.

We started this one with the objective to create the most technically advanced, best performing high-moi mallet ever.  That's a lofty goal and further complicated by the fact that it would bear a new brand name that many golfers hadn't heard of before.  

We purposely wanted to wait to launch it until after we felt we had begun to establish Toulon Design as a company that created incredible putters.  Putters that the discerning golfer could recognize as better based on total performance and with total attention to detail and quality.  We just wanted to create something the four of us could be proud of.  Ultimately you all will be the judges as to whether we have done our job there, but we are proud of what we've accomplished to date.

By waiting to launch indy (which due to the construction and design complexity became a moot point anyway) we would hopefully establish our young brand as a super premium player in a fairly (they all are) crowded segment.  Launching indy early would garner more attention but possible label us as the "goofy" putter company- which we all wanted to avoid.

As indy was being developed we were acquired by Callaway.  Our new job was not just to run Toulon Design but to also run the entire putter business - obviously including the number one putter in golf - Odyssey.

Suffice to say, it's been a ton of work, the most fun and in some ways challenging work of my career in this great game.

Working with the incredible engineers and scientists at Callaway is so inspiring and without their help, I'm not sure the indy would have come to life.

I can't wait for you to see all of the great things that will be coming from us over the next few years.  

So back to indy- as we finalized our testing and design work with our tour staff in February we entered worldwide production in March for a planned May launch.

Performance testing includes everything - sound, feel, alignment ease, build specs, indoor and of course, outdoor testing.  Many different options, countless iterations.

The testing came back great.  We achieved our goals - indy was easier to align than any putter we had designed, the roll achieved our goals of producing immediate forward roll and even though the overall size was smaller than many other high-moi putters, out inertia numbers were better - in most cases by a long shot - due in large part to our multi-material complex construction.  

Just one thing though - and this one's on me - all of the final testing was done in February on the PGA Tour.  The sun is relatively low in February- huh?  It's actually quite a bit higher in May and June- especially between 11-2.  And even though the tour players liked the silver front for better alignment, there are instances where glare is pretty brutal - not so much in February but in June for sure.

In hind sight, we missed this one and for those of you who develop products for a living - especially those that feature things like attaching 17 different pieces out of 6 different materials - something usually surprises you along the way.

We have developed a new blast that maintains the premium look and fixes the glare issue.  Production has been changed to reflect this.

For any of you that have an indy we will gladly arrange to have it come back to my attention and we will take it into the Toulon Garage in the tour department to have this fixed.  The blast looks great and takes us a few minutes to do.  I want to aplogize for any inconvenience and I want to get those indy's back into your bag as soon as possible.  I'll make sure you're only out of play for a few days.

You can email me directly at Callaway golf at:

Sean.toulon@callawaygolf.com and we'll take it from there.

Thanks for your time!

Best,

Sean

#72 brew4eagle

brew4eagle

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 12175
  • Handicap:9
  • Ebay ID:jdbrewer
GolfWRX Likes : 305

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:48 AM

^ that's pretty cool
PING i20 10.5*
Adams Speedline LP 15*
Adams a7 19*
Nike VR Forged PC 3-P
Nike VR Forged 52*, 58*
Cameron SS Newport

#73 sbjinx

sbjinx

Major Winner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,678 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 54679
  • Handicap:5
GolfWRX Likes : 422

Posted 10 June 2017 - 08:54 AM

^pretty cool for Sean to come on here and own up to it. I don't think many other companies would do that

TM M-2 - Speeder 661
TM M-2 - 15*
Callaway BB Alpha - 20*
Bridgestone J15 CB 4-PW
Callaway MD3 - 52/58*
TM Spider Tour Black

#74 valmario

valmario

Chicks dig the Long Ball

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 34978
GolfWRX Likes : 181

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:12 AM

Hi all I posted about the glare issue last week and Sean Pm'd me offering the bead blast, I was a little hesitant because the milling looked so damn cool.   After a few messages back and forth,  I shipped mine to Sean and his team.  They received it on Friday,  got it back this past Wednesday.  It looks AMAZING!

Took it out on the practice green yesterday and the glare is gone.

I am a Toulon fan for life.  I've been on the wrx forums for quite some time (damn near 10 years) and I know the oem's lurk, but this is the first time I recall a company reaching out like this.

Thanks Sean!
Nike VFP
RBZ Stage 2 - 14.5*
RBZ Stage 2 - 18.5*
TM Rescue '11 4H 21*
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-P
Tm ZTP - 50*/54*
Vokey - 60*
Toulon - Indy

#75 hanetrob

hanetrob

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22891
  • Ebay ID:chipit-in
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:41 AM

View Postvalmario, on 10 June 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Hi all I posted about the glare issue last week and Sean Pm'd me offering the bead blast, I was a little hesitant because the milling looked so damn cool.   After a few messages back and forth,  I shipped mine to Sean and his team.  They received it on Friday,  got it back this past Wednesday.  It looks AMAZING!

I am a Toulon fan for life.  I've been on the wrx forums for quite some time (damn near 10 years) and I know the oem's lurk, but this is the first time I recall a company reaching out like this.

Thanks Sean!

Pictures please. :)

#76 Jds13

Jds13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470972
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:59 AM

Hey guys . My first post here. I got this putter recently and noticed on the bottom I have the garage logo on it.

Is this a tour version ? Or just got released by accident?

#77 valmario

valmario

Chicks dig the Long Ball

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

View Posthanetrob, on 10 June 2017 - 09:41 AM, said:

View Postvalmario, on 10 June 2017 - 09:12 AM, said:

Thanks Sean!

Pictures please. :)
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Edited by valmario, 11 June 2017 - 07:12 PM.

Nike VFP
RBZ Stage 2 - 14.5*
RBZ Stage 2 - 18.5*
TM Rescue '11 4H 21*
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-P
Tm ZTP - 50*/54*
Vokey - 60*
Toulon - Indy

#78 valmario

valmario

Chicks dig the Long Ball

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 711 posts
  •  

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:13 PM

Above are the pics
Nike VFP
RBZ Stage 2 - 14.5*
RBZ Stage 2 - 18.5*
TM Rescue '11 4H 21*
Nike Vapor Pro Combo 4-P
Tm ZTP - 50*/54*
Vokey - 60*
Toulon - Indy

#79 DNice26

DNice26

#TaylorMadeTuesday

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,514 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 92326
GolfWRX Likes : 631

Posted 11 June 2017 - 07:41 PM

I bought one and the glare is a bit much.  Hoping to send mine in if possible.  Thank you Sean!!!
Ping G 10.5 w/Axiv Core Red 7S
TaylorMade M2 (2016) wood (18)
Ping iBlade 4-PW
TaylorMade MG 50SB, 54SB and 58MG, Modus 130S
Scotty Kombi "S" 35"

https://www.instagram.com/dnice262626/

#80 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

#InsideTMAG

• 4,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1280

Posted 11 June 2017 - 09:31 PM

View PostJds13, on 11 June 2017 - 09:59 AM, said:

Hey guys . My first post here. I got this putter recently and noticed on the bottom I have the garage logo on it.

Is this a tour version ? Or just got released by accident?

Interesting for sure. Could be Tour or one that was just released. Does it have any special add Ins or options?

Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2017 M1 460 10.5 Graphite Design TP-6 X
Fairway: TM 2016 M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 Stiff
Hybrid: TM M1 3H 19* Kuro Kage 80S
Driving Iron: TM UDI TP #4 23* Graphite Design Tour AD AD 95 Stiff
Irons: TM P-770 5-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB Modus 105
Putter: Toulon Garage Rochester, First of Madison 11/100, Garage Memphis 34"
Ball: TM TP5

My WITB

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

#81 Jds13

Jds13

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 470972
  • Handicap:10
GolfWRX Likes : 2

Posted 11 June 2017 - 10:53 PM

No just was a stock option but it felt different forsure. And when I looked at the bottom I noticed the logo on it as well.

#82 Bomber_11

Bomber_11

Land of the Free, Home of the Brave.

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,778 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 412188
  • Handicap:4
GolfWRX Likes : 2030

Posted 12 June 2017 - 12:39 PM

IMG_2559.jpg
Callaway Epic SZ 9* w/ KuroKage XT 70 TX
Taylormade M2 Deep Face 3HL w/ KuroKage XT 70 TX
Titleist 712u 3i w/ Nippon Modus3 130X
Ping iBlade 4-PW w/ DG S300
Titleist Vokey SM6 52* F w/ DG Wedge
Titleist Vokey SM4 56/60 w/ DG Wedge
Scotty Cameron Futura 6M
Bridgestone B330S
Taylormade 2017 Tour Cart Bag

#83 Ed Settle

Ed Settle

#InsideTMAG

• 4,743 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 64299
  • Handicap:8.2
GolfWRX Likes : 1280

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:14 PM

View PostJds13, on 11 June 2017 - 10:53 PM, said:

No just was a stock option but it felt different forsure. And when I looked at the bottom I noticed the logo on it as well.

Either way, you got a great putter!
Twitter: @Ed_Settle

Driver: TM 2017 M1 460 10.5 Graphite Design TP-6 X
Fairway: TM 2016 M2 3/15* Graphite Design Tour AD TP-7 Stiff
Hybrid: TM M1 3H 19* Kuro Kage 80S
Driving Iron: TM UDI TP #4 23* Graphite Design Tour AD AD 95 Stiff
Irons: TM P-770 5-PW Nippon Modus 105 S
Wedges: TM MG 50SB/54LB/58HB Modus 105
Putter: Toulon Garage Rochester, First of Madison 11/100, Garage Memphis 34"
Ball: TM TP5

My WITB

#84 cmatthews77

cmatthews77

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 552 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 259542
  • Handicap:3.4
GolfWRX Likes : 134

Posted 12 June 2017 - 05:15 PM

That's awesome! I don't even own a Toulon but it will be my nexf putter purchase I'm sure. Also VERY curious what else Callaway has cooking up in the premium putter department with another high end line.
Callaway GBB Epic 10.5 - Project X HZRDUS
Callaway GBB Epic 15 - Diamana 50
Callaway GBB Heavenwood - Kuro Kage Black TiNi
Callaway Apex 4 Hybrid- Kuro Kage
Callaway '16 Apex Pro (5-PW) - Recoil 760 ES
MD3 Black 50, 54 (S Grind) & 58 (PM Grind)
Scotty Cameron Futura X7, GoLo3, Newport Mid-Slant or Odyssey ProType iX 1

Balls: Taylor Made TP5 or Callaway Chrome Soft X

#85 Florida Gator

Florida Gator

Tour Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 928 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 97281
  • Ebay ID:roadweiry75
GolfWRX Likes : 64

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:57 AM

Is there a heavy version of this in the works, appx 400 gram head weight, so I can make a tank out of one?

#86 scottaz

scottaz

Major Winner

• 1,282 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 217197
  • Handicap:3.9
GolfWRX Likes : 445

Posted 17 June 2017 - 12:40 PM

Is the glare issue only with the Indy? I'm planning on ordering a Columbus shortly.
Callaway Epic SZ KK DC TX 70
Titleist 915f 16.5 W+ 80x
Callaway Apex 20 x100
Srixon z965 (pw-7) z765 ( 6-4) TI x100
Srixon z765 51/8 Cleveland RTX-3 V-MG 56/11, 60/9 TI x100
SC Select Newport 2 Notchback

#87 hanetrob

hanetrob

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 22891
  • Ebay ID:chipit-in
GolfWRX Likes : 36

Posted 17 June 2017 - 01:34 PM

View PostFlorida Gator, on 17 June 2017 - 10:57 AM, said:

Is there a heavy version of this in the works, appx 400 gram head weight, so I can make a tank out of one?

Sean said they start around 370 grams and can go up to 420 I think.

#88 kylesilk

kylesilk

PXG & Yeti

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 4886
GolfWRX Likes : 128

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:20 AM

If one orders an Indy now will it come with the new finish, or will it have to be sent in?
915  D3 Diamana D+ 70S
913f , 913h
712u 4 iron Pro Modus 120 S
714 CB 5,6,7...714 MB 8-P  ProModus 120S
Vokey TVD 52,60 M..TVD 56K
Studio Select Newport 1.5

#89 misplacedtexan83

misplacedtexan83

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,736 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 242907
GolfWRX Likes : 6605

Posted 19 June 2017 - 06:52 PM

View Postkylesilk, on 18 June 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

If one orders an Indy now will it come with the new finish, or will it have to be sent in?

New orders will come with the new finish...existing orders are being sent in.

9* Callaway EPIC SZ w/ XTORISON COPPER 60S ** 13.5* EPIC SZ w/ HZDRUS 65 S ** 18* Epic SZ w/ HZDRUS 65 S

4-A Steelhead Pros w/Ctaper Lite S
54/10 (bent to 56/12) *** 60/08 Callaway Slate MD Forged w/Ctaper Lite S
   Low Tide Rip Curl w/UST Frequency Filtered (2.0*, 72 lie, 36in)

#90 sofla

sofla

Major Winner

• Advanced Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,546 posts
  •  
  • Member #: 38058
GolfWRX Likes : 96

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

View PostSToulon, on 21 May 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Please look at the Austin, I think you'll love it. I do ������

Well that's pretty cool

Titleist 917 D3
Titleist 917 F2 15
Titleist 816 H2 19 & 21
XXIO Forged 5-AW
Titleist SM 6 54 & 58
Bettinardi BB8 Tri Dass

GolfWRX Forums

Advertisement

4 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

SToulon

GolfWRX Sponsors